• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

What about an Odin Egi? ;)

No. Gimme Levi-Egi before thinking about another Egi. Then focus on giving me Shiva and Ramuh egi.

Also, I did Pharos last night with a fairly competent group. It went well except for a couple of wipes on Siren.

I hate that place almost as much as I hate Ruru Extreme. Ruru Extreme is a bitch, but her theme is amazing. ._. It's a love hate relationship with Ruru.

Vitanimus

This time, save the email with the emergency code and take a screenshot of the in-app display of the emergency code.

There is no reason for people to not keep this code handy since it warns you several times and even sends you an email with bold red letters about it.

Oh I know, I just didn't realize uninstalling the software token app reset it.

WolvenOne

No. Gimme Levi-Egi before thinking about another Egi. Then focus on giving me Shiva and Ramuh egi.

Also, I did Pharos last night with a fairly competent group. It went well except for a couple of wipes on Siren.

I hate that place almost as much as I hate Ruru Extreme. Ruru Extreme is a bitch, but her theme is amazing. ._. It's a love hate relationship with Ruru.

Garuda's theme is easily the best of the current three Primals themes. You are right though, Rudy EM is a slog. If that final rotation only repeated a few times that's be one thing. Because it repeats, and because it's so dependent on good tanking the fight can end up very tiring if things go wrong.

I can only wipe it a few times before the frustration starts affecting me a bit. Thankfully I'm pretty decent at off tanking it by now.

Really need to learn to main it properly, but I'm saving that til I'm done with Titan and Ifrit.

I want to try Pharos with a healer I trust sometime. I actually like most of the dungeon just fine, but I hate dyeing over and over on the last boss just because a pug healer can't keep up with the damage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic, I know it's hard. Still, I can't help but be frustrated by it.

Well, it's supposed to incentivize using lower power cures. I think freecure procs often enough that it's usually up when you absolutely need to throw out a cure 2. Not always, but often in my experience. That aspect just lets you min/max your MP usage and squeeze out that extra efficiency. I like it.

Agreed, most of the time I get by with just using Regen and Cure 1 (sometimes using DS to boost heals) and I often see a free Cure 2 proc so it comes in handy.

Tc91

Nope! I just got an email receipt saying they received my email so... The longer I wait the more I wanna jump back into it.

I didn't even receive that email :/ Hopefully they got my email though.

Update: Check your back up email you put in! I just got a response from them and they removed the phone app from my account. Hopefully they fix it for you!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there going to be a seperate thread for the PS4 beta? I'd imagine so.

Got my Onion Sarouels from CT. Now to wait another week to get either the mask or body armor. (I'm especially itching to finally lose the DL helm.)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Has beta registration started yet? I just remembered the PS4 beta is this month.
Yup, February 22. It's my understanding that all PS4 owners will have access to it. But Feb 22 is the same day the PS4 comes out in Japan, so I don't really expect the beta to work for the first few days (and maybe not PSN at all).

I'm really excited to play it. The world fascinates me, and I'm stoked to finally play an MMO. I've tried reading through this thread but I have no idea what anyone is talking about -- it'll feel good to join in and catch up!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I hit 50 on my BLM this evening.

Uh... Where should I go from here? I essentially quit after doing no post story end-game stuff other than Ifrit HM. Like I never did WP, AK or anything so its essentially as if I'm hitting 50 for the first time.

Help D:

MogCakes

Yup, February 22. It's my understanding that all PS4 owners will have access to it. But Feb 22 is the same day the PS4 comes out in Japan, so I don't really expect the beta to work for the first few days (and maybe not PSN at all).

I'm really excited to play it. The world fascinates me, and I'm stoked to finally play an MMO. I've tried reading through this thread but I have no idea what anyone is talking about -- it'll feel good to join in and catch up!

OOOOOOOOOMG YEEEEEES. i AM so ready to be rid of PS3 load times ;-; I won't get a new PC until later this year.

Uh... Where should I go from here? I essentially quit after doing no post story end-game stuff other than Ifrit HM. Like I never did WP, AK or anything so its essentially as if I'm hitting 50 for the first time.

Help D:

The story does continue after lv50 :p but parts of it will now actually be in the non flame-symbol quests (such as Crystal Tower).

suzu

Help D:

You can:
- Continue the Main Scenario quests
- Unlock hard mode dungeons
- Unlock Crystal Tower
- Relic weapon quest line
- Hildebrand quest line
- Beastmen daily quests
- Dungeon Roulette
- Collect tomestones of philo/myth and trade them for gear at Mor Dhona

aceface

Help D:

What I did was:
Complete all requirements for highest GC promotion
Get GC ilevel55 weapon with extra seals
Unlock Crystal Tower, start running it for ilevel 80 gear and tomes
Run Wp and ak for tomes
Do main scenario duty roulette for tomes
Turn in Tomes for ilevel 70 gear at Mor Dhona
Start relic quest line

And that's as far as I've gotten :D

Tabris

Don't unlock hard dungeons until you're i70. Just leave it at WP and AK so you can do high level roulette and not worry about the DPS check dungeons of HMHM, Pharos, and Copperbell to a lesser extent.

BadRNG

Don't unlock hard dungeons until you're i70. Just leave it at WP and AK so you can do high level roulette and not worry about the DPS check dungeons of HMHM, Pharos, and Copperbell to a lesser extent.
Seems kind of backwards to require i70 to do dungeons for i60 gear.

MogCakes

Seems kind of backwards to require i70 to do dungeons for i60 gear.

All I know is the gear expectations of players by other players is really, really high in many cases. I only have one piece of AF gear I'm still wearing (the chest piece) and when people see it they're like "wtf why are you still wearing AF". I can't farm philos fast enough and my play time is limited :(

DJIzana

Help D:

You can get frustrated like me and do Coils in PF while not getting a single piece of loot in over 2 months!!! Sounds like fun, doesn't it?! :p

Seriously though, that's something you can do. I decided to stop and just look for a static group because I'll likely actually GET a piece of loot...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know what would be helpful for new people to this thread / FF14? An acronym guide. Yall are practically speaking in code, lol.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got to the Chimera stage of my Relic Quest tonight, as well as a few other things taken care of (Aurum Vale for the GC promotion, just need to finish that hunting log) as well as one of the Crystal Tower unlock fates. Luckily it was somewhat soloable.

Wooo.

WolvenOne

Okay, so, let me see if I have this straight.

For Off Tanking Titan Ex Adds, you grab you Queue up a combo on Titan, Run to the first add and use said combo, run toward the second add, Toma and/or Vokem then perform either a Steel Cyclone or a couple Overpowers to secure them into place.

And of course, if the DPS decide to get aggressive, starts attacking before you can get to the second, and you get into an enmity battle as a result, that isn't your fault correct?

Had somebody earlier accuse me of not knowing how to pick up the adds in that exact situation earlier tonight. Am I missing something, or is that indeed just a case of DPS being too eager?

Okay, so, let me see if I have this straight.

For Off Tanking Titan Ex Adds, you grab you Queue up a combo on Titan, Run to the first add and use said combo, run toward the second add, Toma and/or Vokem then perform either a Steel Cyclone or a couple Overpowers to secure them into place.

And of course, if the DPS decide to get aggressive, starts attacking before you can get to the second, and you get into an enmity battle as a result, that isn't your fault correct?

Had somebody earlier accuse me of not knowing how to pick up the adds in that exact situation earlier tonight. Am I missing something, or is that indeed just a case of DPS being too eager?

I'm no pro (have yet to beat titan ex) but that's my experience with the adds. if the dps are smart they'll either take it easy or only attack the first add (the one you attack first). In my runs I've managed by doing what you said, queuing up a rage of halone and sitting there spamming 'target nearest' (that way you can attack them a fraction of a second before the model appears) then running to the second one and provoke+uncomboed rage of halone. From then on I just spam flash and hope that the dps can take them down at the same time. This is where my runs don't work, one will die leaving me standing in the middle of the mud puddle AoE then it will be time for a tank swap and i have had to pop hallowed ground and the move that stops push back and hope for the best.

WolvenOne

I'm no pro (have yet to beat titan ex) but that's my experience with the adds. if the dps are smart they'll either take it easy or only attack the first add (the one you attack first). In my runs I've managed by doing what you said, queuing up a rage of halone and sitting there spamming 'target nearest' (that way you can attack them a fraction of a second before the model appears) then running to the second one and provoke+uncomboed rage of halone. From then on I just spam flash and hope that the dps can take them down at the same time. This is where my runs don't work, one will die leaving me standing in the middle of the mud puddle AoE then it will be time for a tank swap and i have had to pop hallowed ground and the move that stops push back and hope for the best.

Well since your PLD you should be able to survive LAVA without taking too much damage by popping sufficient CD's. Though the Adds seem to have a slight delay between your movement and following you, so if the adds go down at roughly the same time you should be able to move juuuuust before the final shot and avoid the lava.

I'm just guessing though, that's about where I die as the Off Tank. I've seen up to the end of the Super Bomb phase as main, so I do know what everything looks like, but as Off Tank far too many of my groups went into the Final Phase thrashed by the Pizza Wheel bombs.

PS: While I haven't tried this yet, assuming the Adds are right up in your face it's probably best to run through them to escape landslides.

Stuart444

Got my Onion Sarouels from CT. Now to wait another week to get either the mask or body armor. (I'm especially itching to finally lose the DL helm.)

Funnily enough, those two (Mask and body) are the only Onion pieces I have currently XD. Going for the legs this week if they will finally drop (not seen them at all yet)

UrSuLeTzU

This is very true. Conflag/Fireball are definitely the easiest part of the fight, assuming you don't include the initial three dragon + Twintania phase [and maybe the final phase].

What makes the Asclepius --> Twisters/Dreadknight phase so dangerous are:

1) Making sure that Asclepius is dead before the next portion of the fight is ready, or at least, as close to dead as possible. Ideally you want him dead a few seconds before Twintania returns so everyone can position themselves in the Neural Links. This requires managing the stacking debuff from the smaller snakes so that when the "burn-phase" happens, you can kill him.

2) Positioning correctly for Twisters so you can DPS all aspects of the fight with as minimal movement as possible, while remaining as far away from where the Dreadknight spawn as you can [to give the DPS as much time as you can to kill them].

Once you get the Asclepius phase down and get more used to Twisters/Dreadknight and where to position yourselves, it gets a lot easier. Killing Asclepius and making a clean transition to the Twisters/Dreadknight, though, will require a lot of attempts/practice. At least, it did for us.

This is very true. I tried T5 last night with just one tank and we managed to kill the snakes just fine but we had people with alagan weapons and I don't think it's a viable strategy for people trying to clear it for the first time(myself included).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is very true. I tried T5 last night with just one tank and we managed to kill the snakes just fine but we had people with alagan weapons and I don't think it's a viable strategy for people trying to clear it for the first time(myself included).
Why would you try T5 like that without beating it the normal way first?

Samus4145

Thinking about jumping in when the PS4 version comes out. Was debating if I should buy the PS3 version now and upgrade or just wait it out.

frequency

I hate random procs like Free Cure. I would rather have control of it on a cool down or something.

I miss a lot of Free Cure procs because I'm not staring at my ability bar for Cure 2 to light up. The scrolling combat text options are too limited in this game so I can't turn off all the other junk I don't care about and just see the Free Cure proc.

So I basically just ignore it as a mechanic and use whichever Cure is appropriate for the situation. If I happen to have Free Cure up at the time, I just consider it a nice bonus.

I hate random procs like Free Cure. I would rather have control of it on a cool down or something.

I miss a lot of Free Cure procs because I'm not staring at my ability bar for Cure 2 to light up. The scrolling combat text options are too limited in this game so I can't turn off all the other junk I don't care about and just see the Free Cure proc.

So I basically just ignore it as a mechanic and use whichever Cure is appropriate for the situation. If I happen to have Free Cure up at the time, I just consider it a nice bonus.

I have mixed feelings on procs in general. It seems hard to make a game like this without them since the limits of what you can do with a combat system/bonuses in general. No procs and you get more just straight stats and skills and there is only so far in this type of combat system, with everyone using the same resources, that you can do with just skills.

DJIzana

Thinking about jumping in when the PS4 version comes out. Was debating if I should buy the PS3 version now and upgrade or just wait it out.

It's totally worth it, man. Give it a shot. The game will always be expanding and by the time PS4 version is out you'll have another content patch too! :D

What WeaponKnight suggested works wonders. Awhile back I did the same thing because I felt like I was missing too many procs. It might make the screen look a little cluttered, but it's not so bad as long as you resize the action bar.

QnU42kU.png

frequency

I have mixed feelings on procs in general. It seems hard to make a game like this without them since the limits of what you can do with a combat system/bonuses in general. No procs and you get more just straight stats and skills and there is only so far in this type of combat system, with everyone using the same resources, that you can do with just skills.

I would be a little more accepting of procs if it just stayed on until you used it.

Like if Free Cure was just a buff that stuck until you used Cure 2 rather than being a timed buff.

You can enable a hotbar at the point of the screen you look at the most, and put all procs and cooldowns there.

What WeaponKnight suggested works wonders. Awhile back I did the same thing because I felt like I was missing too many procs. It might make the screen look a little cluttered, but it's not so bad as long as you resize the action bar.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that out next time I play.

WolvenOne

Ugh, I may have to miss tonight's Coil session. I need to move some furniture, I was going to do it earlier in the evening, and may be able to still manage that, but somebody I counted on had to change their schedule, so chances are I won't be able to start until an hour before our group is supposed to meet.

Craaap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom