• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Speaking of gear - can I do Titan HM in AF with an ilevel 55 weapon as a SCH?
Perhaps, but even getting Ifrit/Garuda's weapon would help you a lot.

The most important thing you need to concern yourself with is HP. If you don't have enough Titan's stomps can out-right kill you [if the healers aren't fast enough to heal]. That's why many suggest a full set of DL gear before you attempt him as it has a decent amount of Vitality on them.

Perhaps, but even getting Ifrit/Garuda's weapon would help you a lot.

The most important thing you need to concern yourself with is HP. If you don't have enough Titan's stomps can out-right kill you [if the healers aren't fast enough to heal]. That's why many suggest a full set of DL gear before you attempt him as it has a decent amount of Vitality on them.

D'oh sorry - I meant I'm safe to do Ifrit HM in that gear, right? I won't attempt Titan until I get my DL and a better weapon, as you said.

DJIzana

Gah... trying to get my Lancer up to level 36 for all the cross skills I need for my new Pugilist main and painfully slow waiting on Guildleves to reset. Hard to find FATE groups as well at his current level. >_<

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
D'oh sorry - I meant I'm safe to do Ifrit HM in that gear, right? I won't attempt Titan until I get my DL and a better weapon, as you said.

Easily. I've done ifrit probably 15-20 times and my dragoon is in AF, assorted 30-50 whites and greens in other slots, and (was) using a level 44 weapon.

Ifrit is more about mechanics than dps imo. (With the exception of the nails, but eh)

chrono01

Easily. I've done ifrit probably 15-20 times and my dragoon is in AF, assorted 30-50 whites and greens in other slots, and (was) using a level 44 weapon.

Ifrit is more about mechanics than dps imo. (With the exception of the nails, but eh)
The nails are easy if you have a BLM [such as myself] to Meteor them.

They do not stand a chance!

Kokonoe

Banned
Reading the FFXI official forums is truly depressing stuff. I really hope Square-Enix doesn't treat FFXIV the same way in the long run.

Mileena

Banned
picking high-demand classes is such a shitstorm in disguise. no I don't wanna do coil I wanna casually run a friend through prae

afk leveling DRG

Sblargh

Banned
I have to admit I'm burned out.
I don't want to be burned out, but I am.
I want to like this game, level all the crafts, level the gatherings, level a second class.
Hell, getting my relic and full DL would be a nice start and I could probably do it in a week.

But it's like... it got to that point where is a job. I'll do some AK, some Prae, some failed attempts at Titan, level some craft another 5 levels, stopped gathering at lvl 30 with all of them and don't have the heart to do it anymore... and kind of that's it.

I fucking hate grinding, why do I give MMOs a chance? Why do I fool myself into thinking that this time grinding will be fun?
It's not. It's doing the same thing 300 times stuck into this limbo of everything you can do it's too fucking easy and you could probably program a Macro to do the dungeon for you because failling at AK, CM or Prae is pretty much impossible or be stuck in the frustration that is TItan. And neither is fun.

And that's it. Fun is over.
I'm not saying I'll give up the game because the last month it has been pretty much the only game I've played, but I'm forcing myself to play. I'm forcing myself to do time-consuming stuff I actively don't like to do in hope of unlocking content that might entertain me again.

I think I'll do the opposite and force myself to leave for a week. Maybe I'll miss it.

Taruranto

Man, I really can't get into crafting. I like the concept and the execution is pretty good, but ugh... It's just boring. I'd rather just mine.

Lain

I want to like this game, level all the crafts, level the gatherings, level a second class.
Hell, getting my relic and full DL would be a nice start and I could probably do it in a week.

But it's like... it got to that point where is a job. I'll do some AK, some Prae, some failed attempts at Titan, level some craft another 5 levels, stopped gathering at lvl 30 with all of them and don't have the heart to do it anymore... and kind of that's it.

I fucking hate grinding, why do I give MMOs a chance? Why do I fool myself into thinking that this time grinding will be fun?
It's not. It's doing the same thing 300 times stuck into this limbo of everything you can do it's too fucking easy and you could probably program a Macro to do the dungeon for you because failling at AK, CM or Prae is pretty much impossible or be stuck in the frustration that is TItan. And neither is fun.

I'm not saying I'll give up the game because the last month it has been pretty much the only game I've played, but I'm forcing myself to play. I'm forcing myself to do time-consuming stuff I actively don't like to do in hope of unlocking content that might entertain me again.

I think I'll do the opposite and force myself to leave for a week. Maybe I'll miss it.

That is the problem. The point is to do stuff you find fun while unlocking more stuff to do you find fun.
If what you're doing is not fun for you, you have to stop.

Taking a break is the perfect solution and I hope you'll be back and back to having fun with the game.

Alucrid

Banned

because this

CF184AB61D0249094428D0570B6D7F84D108EEEA

Ken

That is the problem. The point is to do stuff you find fun while unlocking more stuff to do you find fun.
If what you're doing is not fun for you, you have to stop.

Taking a break is the perfect solution and I hope you'll be back and back to having fun with the game.

and miss out on a week on myth tomes?

never

Kokonoe

Banned

DJIzana

I spend my time actually exploring the world, trying to see some amazing areas around the different maps etc.

Don't forget we get housing and PVP next month too... more stuff to do there.

Kokonoe

Banned
Tried it, colors look good but I can't hang with the crappy blurred text.

If you don't want to use SMAA, just open the settings file and set the SMAA value from 1 to 0.

-EDIT-

That particular one uses FXAA, so set FXAA to 0. He also has a no antialiasing setting there. I disabled mine as well.

MogCakes

This was addressed long before the trail was over.

You misunderstood. I was asking what the population is like now that the free month is over, and whether anyone still encounters the occasional 1 to 2 player queue at login. Not the hell pit that was pre-server fix. I know very well that the login troubles have been fixed.

orion434

Lv 50 Miner is like free Gil! Well, until they make it easier to level-up, then everything will plummet in price.

Alumen hit 70 Gil again... does anyone mine their own materials?

Voror

There any other servers that feature a lot of GAFfers? Just started and it says Ultros isn't taking anyone at the moment.

nikos

Anybody know anything about Leviathan server? Currently on Gilgamesh with some friends but my cousin might be transferring to Leviathan from Faerie and wants me to join him. Since he and his guild play more (they're on Turn 4) than my friends, I might join them. I don't want to end up on a mediocre or bad server though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
YAY 2/3rds done, only 2,000 node strikes on level 41-50 nodes in Thanalan = Gold Pick Axe
UJThjEol.jpg

DAT PUG Paladin >.>;
X6nLDOsl.jpg

Trolled Hard by assholes in Titan DF:
ZXPWiqgl.jpg

YAY Finally!, Relic & Relic+1 Get!
xnfOkBnl.jpg

wwNPIKHl.jpg

UvizmzIl.jpg

Started PLD relic quest, DAT Chimera Party, STUNS R' US!
qElzfYCl.jpg

FqRcr2Jl.jpg

FtyZNF8l.jpg

Quad-PLD, that's how you roll!

Goofing off:
Did our best Megazord Transformation:
kxzcEpSl.jpg

"I believe I can Fly!":
lDhc3h2l.jpg

DAT Coerul Balance!:
sl1GoAnl.jpg

Jump!... How High?... This High!:
Bf0UJ6ml.jpg

Tarazet

Lv 50 Miner is like free Gil! Well, until they make it easier to level-up, then everything will plummet in price.

Alumen hit 70 Gil again... does anyone mine their own materials?

I gathered for a while, but the amount of crap you need for some professions (looking at you CUL) is beyond retarded. There's no way you can get to 50 on all crafts, in any reasonable kind of time, without buying something.

Lain

Thanks to a bit of Botany gathering, I made enough gil to buy a couple Quicktongue 3 materia, which today were down to 22/23k. Now I just have to find an alchemist to meld them for me and get myself a weapon off Ifrit, and then I can get the relic quest to move a bit more.

GraveRobberX

I'm so waiting for the Phil Tome Items market to crash

It's getting cheaper and cheaper by the hour

@6PM was @28K for those through shouts in Mor Dohna, by Midnight it was @22K

If potash drops to 10-15K per, I'll just buy mats for a full Vanya set lol

GraveRobberX

Now thats a nice looking staff. Had to do a double take since it looks like something Ramuh would give (purple motif and all).

Thanks, now I start my way onto getting a Sword + Shield that glows!

Gonna get the Full Glowing set eventually lol
Maybe a year+ from now

Foaloal

Man, I feel like an idiot.

I accidentally left a duty finder instance before getting my reward which was my weapon.

There was only one other party member left and it had already been 30+ seconds since we opened the chest, so I didn't think that it wouldn't have been rolled on by this guy yet.

The reward in question was my Darklight weapon from Wanderer's Palace. I don't have my Ifrit weapon yet either so it would actually be a nice upgrade from the best GC weapon.

Anyone else ever make a similar mistake?

So I just unlocked Scholar recently and I was wondering, is there any reason not to just spam Adloquium?

Obviously with the higher MP cost it's not smart to use that for longer fights but for easier bosses and trash would I ever need to use Physick?

So I just unlocked Scholar recently and I was wondering, is there any reason not to just spam Adloquium?

Obviously with the higher MP cost it's not smart to use that for longer fights but for easier bosses and trash would I ever need to use Physick?

Basically I learned that adloquium is fine if you understand how to mana mangement yourself. As you already noticed the big difference is MP cost, but as I've seen some Scholars/Arcanists/Summoners don't get how to watch their mana, when to refresh aetherflow etc.

The general rule I've had is: If the target is getting hammered constantly, it's getting adloquim. Such as a tank, a stray DPS or even another healer who accidentally got caught in a stray AoE or hit is going to just get a physick. Since it was likely an accident. If the example however was changed.. the tank lost aggro, I'm going to be using adloquium if they need a shield, but otherwise physick if they have it up. As I'd prefer to have the extra mp just incase something happens.

Foaloal

Physick/Cure actually heal more than Adloquium, check the tooltips.

Generally healing for trash mobs works like this:

Adloq before battle on tank if you have time
I generally will use Adloq as my first cure if I didn't use it before battle, this is to give me time to get DoTs (Bio II, Miasma, Bio, thunder/aero optional, in that order) on the main mob we're fighting.

If the health of the person you need to heal is only down a little bit, generally use physick. If you have a nearly full MP bar then you don't need to worry so much about which healing spell you use.

If the health of the person you're trying to heal is kind of low, use adloq to put a shield on them + a small heal, and then use physick to top them off while the adloq shield prevents further damage.

To be a good healer you will need to control your pet, this means putting embrace on your hotbar somewhere and using it manually (use it right before, not after, your own healing spell for a big heal). A Physick + Embrace will actually heal more than your (eventually learned) 20% heal ability in most cases, and won't cost an aetherflow charge.
You don't need to get into manually controlling the cooldown abilities of your pet, though.

You can also use the place command to place your pet near the tank and it will usually heal more often on it's own, but this can make it susceptible to AoEs/etc. and it can be more of a hassle than it's worth.

tl;dr: adloq for its shield ability, physick/embrace for their healing ability

Naar

im tryin to pay to renew my subscription but i tried using 3 cards and all of them getting refused. It doesnt even tell me what the error is. Just refuses.

Should I try another method? Im trying to use Credit card

EDIT: Tried to use Crysta and same error. Why doesnt SE want my money?

Kokonoe

Banned
It seems DRG and MNK are now excluded for the elitist parties. Past few days I've seen shouts where they say they no close range dps or range dps only.

No PS3, Relic Weapon, Paladin only, Range DPS only.

Getting some FFXI flashbacks here.

It stands for "FATE grinding; good times!"

What?

I like your way of thinking.

It seems DRG and MNK are now excluded for the elitist parties. Past few days I've seen shouts where they say they no close range dps or range dps only.

No PS3, Relic Weapon, Paladin only, Range DPS only.

Getting some FFXI flashbacks here.

Those people are speedrunning. They are in a hurry. You don't need to join those people if you don't want to.

Also, most speedrun parties take 1 melee DPS for the Limit Break. If you have only ranged DPS, you are actually slowing your speedrun down because ranged LB is much worse for single targets (i.e. bosses) than melee LB.

Kokonoe

Banned
Those people are speedrunning. They are in a hurry. You don't need to join those people if you don't want to.

Also, most speedrun parties take 1 melee DPS for the Limit Break. If you have only ranged DPS, you are actually slowing your speedrun down because ranged LB is much worse for single targets (i.e. bosses) than melee LB.

I think it says more about the balance of the classes than anything. If what you're saying is true, then melee is purely there for one move, LB. It's like Thief in FFXI only being there for Treasure Hunter at endgame. There's clearly an advantage range DPS classes tend to have over close range at the moment.

Final destination.

Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom