• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
SMN is amazing. I didn't realize till I did an AK run with a relic+1 SMN and he would just throw up DoTs then switch mobs. When I switched over the mobs were usually lower than half HP and we blew up AK in like 28 minutes or something. I kinda wanna level one but leveling 2 dps lol

in general though the classes seem to be pretty well balanced with the exception of WAR, who just gets outclassed by PLD so easily. SCH/WHM are both great and all dps seem to have their uses.

Alucrid

Banned
SMN is amazing. I didn't realize till I did an AK run with a relic+1 SMN and he would just throw up DoTs then switch mobs. When I switched over the mobs were usually lower than half HP and we blew up AK in like 28 minutes or something. I kinda wanna level one but leveling 2 dps lol

in general though the classes seem to be pretty well balanced with the exception of WAR, who just gets outclassed by PLD so easily. SCH/WHM are both great and all dps seem to have their uses.

Yeah, gonna do SMN after WHM. BLM is just boring to level..

Shouta

SMN is pretty buff but it does have plus and minuses to it. I intend on getting the SMN relic eventually but I'm gonna work on SCH's first to give me some more leeway with jobs because I already have a +1 Spharai.

orion434

Lightning & Earth Shards were unusually cheap in the past few days? I tend to farm them myself, but for 20 Gil each... why waste the time?

I made an obscene amount of HQ Mats over the weekend to last me the entire week. 600 Leathers, 500 Yarns / Cloth... wasn't able to convert the 2,500 Cobalt Ore to Ingots and such. I'm going to spend the next few days on leveling Goldsmith to lv 50, maybe Culinarian to lv 50 as well, don't want to spend on melas anymore, I want to make my own.

Since reaching Miner lv 50 I have been obsessed on not missing an unspoiled Mining deposit, 1am for Darksteel Ore & 9am for Gold Ore. I decked out my Miner with lv 50 Gear and Materia... use Meals to grant me extra CP / Perception. I have > 600 GP and enough Gathering / Perception to give me 90% Garhering / 33% HQ with the 300pt HQ skill. I once hit all 6 HQ on Darksteel and got 18 HQ Ore!

Putting timers on story mode instances has to be the stupidest things in a MMO in a long time. We just wasted an hour of our time because some folks had a DC and two wipes. So once again stuck in the story and can't progress. Forced dungeons as part of the story is incredibly awful. If they wanted to teach players group mechanics as part of the experience, they should have just forced the guildheists.

Maybe I was lucky before but running Brayflox now as a WHM makes me weep in sorrow more than once, not like when I did it as a tank the first days of the game. Is like player skill is going backwards, maybe is just anecdotal evidence or maybe FATE explotation is breeding a new batch of awful players but the fact is strange the run I don't find an awful tank.

I see tanks using provoke for pulling, and when I told them they shouldn't use it that way i mostly got ignored. I see tanks so badly geared that I had to spam Cure II every 2 seconds on the first boss so they wouldn't die, running out of MP and wiping. I see tanks not using correctly flash or overpower so they lost hate on groups of mobs almost instantly.

The provoke problem is so widespread that is rare the time I don't see it used wrongly. I was running WP yesteday and the PLD kept using Provoke to pull, I mean lvl 50 at the guy dosn't even know that. He was truly awful, he was spamming Halone without even building the damn combo! he kept losing hate against the WHM and me (DRG). We basically carried him through the dungeon.

Of course he ignored most of my advises....

No wonder ppl is starting to sell Hydra to Titan wins....

gatti-man

I was playing with some max gear smn and blm. They would go back and forth on their parse results. I think a lot of it depends on the fight,

KeRaSh

Lv 50 DRG get! *single tear or proudness*
I'm wearing full AF and got the best accessories I could buy (except those 300k-1m pieces). I'll work on finishing the story next but what should I focus on after that? What will my gear upgrade path look like?
So excited!

MechaX

Woo, another DL piece down. So now I'm half DL and half AK Gear, dunno how much I really need for Titan survivability outside of the 3.3k HP marker.

Primals are still on some bullshit with their drops though. I've seen so many books and cudgels over the past week and a half of constant grinding, but none of the weapons I actually need. This is some vintage RNG shit here.

Victrix

*beard*
Woo, another DL piece down. So now I'm half DL and half AK Gear, dunno how much I really need for Titan survivability outside of the 3.3k HP marker.

Primals are still on some bullshit with their drops though. I've seen so many books and cudgels over the past week and a half of constant grinding, but none of the weapons I actually need. This is some vintage RNG shit here.

That's it really. Long as you can dodge you're fine.

Primal weapons aren't necessary for anything - honestly I think they're a bonus for your other jobs when they hit 50 as an alternate method of sparing yourself a run or two of AK for mythology tomestones :p

depward

Running ak and as a whm finding moving during demon wall tricky.

See - it I target something with a cure spell, my char turns towards them. Then when I need to move I sometimes get all turned around.

Is there an option or setting I don't know about? Any tips?

Torquill

That's it really. Long as you can dodge you're fine.

Primal weapons aren't necessary for anything - honestly I think they're a bonus for your other jobs when they hit 50 as an alternate method of sparing yourself a run or two of AK for mythology tomestones :p
I think you'd be hard pressed to kill titan if all your DD was just in HQ lvl 55s.

Torquill

See - it I target something with a cure spell, my char turns towards them. Then when I need to move I sometimes get all turned around.

Yes. There is an option to turn off auto facing your target on skill use.

KeRaSh

I think there's an option that turns you towards your target when you attack or cast. This can be disabled. Not sure where exactly but I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

mr.rager

Share some of your UIs!

Here's mine

X2CeWQH.png

I'm a tank so I have most of the relevant information i need just under my pc and others within my peripheral vision.

I have a third hot bar hidden which includes pots/marks but I have those keybound.

I'm also extremely poor :(

Mandoric

Banned
So pretty much like a lot of MMOs where the archer has really good DPS, like RO and TERA. Dat range. I take it the best class to survive with is PLD? Or is it WHM/SCH?

Don't count out BLM; Sleepga is really, really crazy crowd control and can be maintained indefinitely using UB.

The ground aoe lag is so fucking bad, have they said anything about this. Game seems smooth otherwise but the lag on the aoe effects is just pathetic.

Toth

I wish you could use the old hotbars with the controller :( I like the cross bar but it is so limited to what you can have with the regular bars....

Lain

Maybe I was lucky before but running Brayflox now as a WHM makes me weep in sorrow more than once, not like when I did it as a tank the first days of the game. Is like player skill is going backwards, maybe is just anecdotal evidence or maybe FATE explotation is breeding a new batch of awful players but the fact is strange the run I don't find an awful tank.

I see tanks using provoke for pulling, and when I told them they shouldn't use it that way i mostly got ignored. I see tanks so badly geared that I had to spam Cure II every 2 seconds on the first boss so they wouldn't die, running out of MP and wiping. I see tanks not using correctly flash or overpower so they lost hate on groups of mobs almost instantly.

The provoke problem is so widespread that is rare the time I don't see it used wrongly. I was running WP yesteday and the PLD kept using Provoke to pull, I mean lvl 50 at the guy dosn't even know that. He was truly awful, he was spamming Halone without even building the damn combo! he kept losing hate against the WHM and me (DRG). We basically carried him through the dungeon.

That's been happening since the beginning. Reading your post is almost like reading my experiences as a WHM in Brayflox. The most common was the Paladin that didn't use Flash at all, spammed Halone and didn't care at all that the mobs other than his target were on other people.

Bossun

As a DRG I feel like we're at a disadvantage against other classes. MNK are probably too.

- Almost all of our attacks take a long time to complete which is annoying when trying to tag mobs during fates.
- The first AOE is level 42, that's bullshit considering fates are spammed by dozens of players spamming AOEs to tag mobs.
- Placement is a mess, if the mob moves during the animation of my attacks I loose my combo or my bonus, and mobs moves a lot, specially during fates.
It's also millimeters based, and I do believe there are dead space between back and sides of mobs.
I lose a lot of time always getting in place to attack and pray the mobs don't move when I hit the button...
- It takes a long time to reach full dps, I have to hit the back than the side (or vice-versa) and then I can do max damage

Ken

to be fair ability descriptions need to be slightly more technical versus just saying "Gesture threateningly, increasing enmity in target."

WolvenOne

So, what's a good video/cheat-sheet to go through, before Tanking Titan HM? I'm told I'm geared enough, so beating Titan and collecting the Philosophy Tomes are all I really need to do to get my Relic weapon.

coughlanio

Just got my GLD to level 30, and finished up his class quests. This is one of the first MMOs I've played where at no part was I lost, or had trouble progressing due to FATE groupings etc. Really enjoyable.

Just grabbed my second class (CNJ) and got it up to level 11 this evening. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it up to 15 and get my PLD.

Question, is there any reason to level CNJ beyond 15 if I have no intention of playing one? I just mainly want to play as a PLD (I think).

Just got my GLD to level 30, and finished up his class quests. This is one of the first MMOs I've played where at no part was I lost, or had trouble progressing due to FATE groupings etc. Really enjoyable.

Just grabbed my second class (CNJ) and got it up to level 11 this evening. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it up to 15 and get my PLD.

Question, is there any reason to level CNJ beyond 15 if I have no intention of playing one? I just mainly want to play as a PLD (I think).

Mostly for Stoneskin, but is NOT really needed for PLD. Can help but you are fine without it.

Naar

So i was looking into what was the problem with me not allowed to pay for the subscription and found this on the official forums

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...od-Registration-Errors-Error-Code-401-and-601

Apparently I am not the only one who cant give SE money lol.

So I looked around more and found Ultimate Game Cards. Found a list of online sellers here

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/buyonline.html

So if I understand this right. I can buy multiple codes of $10 and $20 cards until i get the amount I need and input it into my SE account and Im done? I feel this seems simpler than trying by credit card right now

Also it seems I can use these cards to add Crysta. Do you guys recommend paying via Crysta or by credit card?

Also anyone know if there is problems activating game cards or using crysta?

Torquill

As a DRG I feel like we're at a disadvantage against other classes. MNK are probably too.

- Almost all of our attacks take a long time to complete which is annoying when trying to tag mobs during fates.
- The first AOE is level 42, that's bullshit considering fates are spammed by dozens of players spamming AOEs to tag mobs.
- Placement is a mess, if the mob moves during the animation of my attacks I loose my combo or my bonus, and mobs moves a lot, specially during fates.
It's also millimeters based, and I do believe there are dead space between back and sides of mobs.
I lose a lot of time always getting in place to attack and pray the mobs don't move when I hit the button...
- It takes a long time to reach full dps, I have to hit the back than the side (or vice-versa) and then I can do max damage
I have no trouble getting gold as a dragoon. If you're trying to hit the back you're doing it wrong unless you're at very specific level ranges in the low end as the mobs don't last long enuff to make it worth it. Even then trying to get in position isn't with it. For large gangbang fates as a goon, pop a heavy thrust then just do TT > VT > FT (or as much as you are able for your range.

I have no trouble getting gold as a dragoon. If you're trying to hit the back you're doing it wrong unless you're at very specific level ranges in the low end as the mobs don't last long enuff to make it worth it. Even then trying to get in position isn't with it. For large gangbang fates as a goon, pop a heavy thrust then just do TT > VT > FT (or as much as you are able for your range.

Or just go around tagging everything with phlebotomize. Tab then phlebotomize, tab then phlebotomize. Too low for phlebotomize? Put flash on your bar. Only think that will not get you gold on is massive fates with no adds, like Odin, and Northern Than fates, where everything is aoed down too fast to even hit. Gotta get in a party for them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1oaflu/lb_damage_tested/

Kind of funny, I remember this one BLM going into a rage on another BLM in a Ifrit pug awhile back because he didn't use Blood for Blood before he used LB. I guess that 5 minute rant he went on was for nothing lol.

Shhh, don't tell. I still use that as the excuse for why I should do the limit since I like seeing the big number. It is kinda lame though since timing cooldowns could add actual skill to the usage of the limit, but whatever. Pretty sure it was effected by buffs before phase 4 beta as well.

Dragoons should get their Wyvern pet back as a solution for decreased mobility DPS.

And Monks should get offensive auras that buff melee DPS.

Please no, I don't want to be a pet management class. Lower cooldowns on jumps to let drgs get where they want to be faster and have better uptime, and fix how impossible it is to hit a moving target.

Why yes. Yes I am.

Ahh ok yeah I was just wondering as I have seen the name Denerys Stormborn a few times. I'm on there as well. grats on Turn 1 have fun with Turn 2 lol.

I'm still working on turn 4, getting to phase 5 then teh wheels kind of fall off. Still trying to figure out what it is that we are doing thats missing

Bossun

Yeah that's what I do, to get gold, no trouble with it too excepts a few ones.
What I meant was that I'm a bit saddened because I don't think it was supposed to be like that.
Farming fates like that is just mindless clicking, TAB -> combo -> TAB ....and it gets really borring, really fast. There's really no fun in that, and doing the same fates dozens of times takes the fun out of it a bit more.

I could do the same with named fates, but it's still sad...and anyway I want to actually learn my class so I try to play decently in any situations.

That's why I do prefer dungeons over fates I think.

I try to move a lot to fight new fates in new areas, but seriously doing a fate and having a bus of dozens of players coming like crazies and acting like robots, spamming aoes every half seconds, forcing you to do the same mindless clicking is very annoying to me.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh man. I get healer troubles in Bray.

Get a warrior tank who forget to turn Defiance on them proceeded to turn it off during the middle of a boss fight loosing about 5k HP. He's wearing all scale and makes me have to spam heal him and go OOM in every fight. He gets hit by every breath except one on the final boss dies. Turns out the monk is easier to heal. Went OOM there too, then realized the 34 archer was an archer...no mana song today.

Shouta

3. 3k or more is all you need to survive if you can dodge.

I had 3 pieces of DL (hands, boots, helm) and AK/i55 gear on my Monk. I had the Garuda weapon to pull my weight in the fight but otherwise, totally survivable. I'd definitely recommend some angry duty finder runs to learn it.

MechaX

3. 3k or more is all you need to survive if you can dodge.

I had 3 pieces of DL (hands, boots, helm) and AK/i55 gear on my Monk. I had the Garuda weapon to pull my weight in the fight but otherwise, totally survivable. I'd definitely recommend some angry duty finder runs to learn it.

Given the fervor surrounding Titan, I'm actually surprised people even use duty finder on that fight period. But outside of watching videos, I'll do that (at least to get a better grasp on how much possible lag would screw me over in a serious fight). And I also read that the heart portion of the fight is the only real DPS race if everyone can dodge.

Now the trick is finding seven people willing to carry help me run the fight during the week.

Did Binding Coil for the first time earlier. Goddamn that place is amazing, slaps all other dungeons in the game IMO. For starters, it has real music (an incredible theme based on "Answers"), and when you go into battle it ramps the music up like PSO instead of going to the generic dungeon theme. It's also really nice to look at.

Place is tough as nails, if you think Titan HM is hard you're in for a doozy here. That final boss is a pain in the neck.

falastini

The ground aoe lag is so fucking bad, have they said anything about this. Game seems smooth otherwise but the lag on the aoe effects is just pathetic.

The red indicators or even the in game effects are not accurate at all. The only thing that is, is the cast bar. It's easy to test. As long as you're not within the "danger zone" when the enemy cast bar ends, you are safe. The game seems to ping your location when the cast ends, everything else doesn't matter. I don't care if the animation hasn't played out on screen or whatever. It's all based on the castbar. You can test this with multiple mobs. As soon as the cast bar ends, run back in and you won't take any damage.

The last boss in AK is a good example of this. You can run out from behind the pillar as soon as the cast for Imminent Catastrophe ends. Even though the in-game effects haven't gone off yet; it doesn't matter. The explosion effect will last a few seconds after the cast ends, but you won't take any damage at all.

It's wonky as shit, but I've learned to adjust. Hopefully add-ons come soon, and I can adjust the location of the enemy castbar for easier viewing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OK Titan Lag is getting Garuda Lag horrible

Was helping friends and Holy Shit is the lag disgusting

I ate a landslide after it went off, meaning my game was 5 sec+ back
Friend said Landslide, I'm like he's not doing it, then game catches up in an instant and I see my body fly away to the volcanic stream down below

Then we reach the after heart phase, like 4 people in the party get hit hard with lag, they ate the whole stack of plumes + tumults cause their game hadn't caught up

We were like you 4 died instantly, WTF? happened, they were like "dead?, I'm still alive on my screen.... oh!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom