• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

crozier

I think I'm going to get back into this game. Downloading the client now. I was in the guild at launch (Charr Polaami) but I'm guessing I've been booted by now due to lack of activity?

Is there still room in the Ultros guild? What classes are in high demand right now?

Aeana

It'd be nice if that were actually true. But 2.0 did feel a little content-constrained at launch anyway. I'm really looking forward to new jobs and new zones though.

It'd be nice if that were actually true. But 2.0 did feel a little content-constrained at launch anyway. I'm really looking forward to new jobs and new zones though.

He said so in two interviews, so I don't know. I guess devs often overblow things so of course I won't blindly believe, but Yoshi P is a hero. Apparently they're all not sleeping very much and they even have a date in mind. Not that they'd tell us yet! Either way, I'm excited for more content.

Aeana

Still super disappointed about his response about addons. I really hope they don't go back on their original plans just because they think their current UI is perfect (a lot of people definitely do not agree with that).

Yoshida also said Scholar was a HoT-style healer.

(Yes I'm bitter.)
Well, considering the nature of some encounters (like Twintania death sentences), a mitigation-driven healer was a better call for now. But I do hope they add a HoT healer later. Really hope the first expansion has a new healing job!

Still super disappointed about his response about addons. I really hope they don't go back on their original plans just because they think their current UI is perfect (a lot of people definitely do not agree with that).

Yeah, I still think "Use them, but be discreet" is kinda... eh. It sucks people can't openly discuss them in chat. Gotta stick to mumble on that one.

Aeana

Yeah, I still think "Use them, but be discreet" is kinda... eh. It sucks people can't openly discuss them in chat. Gotta stick to mumble on that one.
No, I'm talking about what he said in Kagari's interview where he said they're wondering if they even need to implement add-ons, despite promising them from the beginning, because they think their UI is so great.

No, I'm talking about what he said in Kagari's interview where he said they're wondering if they even need to implement add-ons, despite promising them from the beginning, because they think their UI is so great.

Ah, there was a recent interview where he sounded a little more understanding of the whole PC gaming culture and said that people should use them quietly but they're not allowed to allow people to use them. Still sucks, either way.

Ah, there was a recent interview where he sounded a little more understanding of the whole PC gaming culture and said that people should use them quietly but they're not allowed to allow people to use them. Still sucks, either way.

Aeana is talking about official add-on API, not third party unlicensed programs.

aceface

He said so in two interviews, so I don't know. I guess devs often overblow things so of course I won't blindly believe, but Yoshi P is a hero. Apparently they're all not sleeping very much and they even have a date in mind. Not that they'd tell us yet! Either way, I'm excited for more content.

Was there another recent interview? Please, post them here!

Lucis

Well since I was there for the interview the tone he said it was more so that people don't put out their hope too high. I think what he meant is that it might not be as ubiquitous as some other MMOs and the addons can almost do anything except play the game for you.

What they are working on (since they are working on it) is probably something with a limited functionality. And it is possible they will implement things like parser and stuff officially and not letting 3rd party addons for feature like that.

I am pretty sure we will see add-on, just in what form, is a problem. i think kagari missed one thing when writing the interview up. More info about add-on will be ready to be shared during summer time frame.

aceface

Well at least there's a little bit of hope unlike raising the 200 item limit in houses which he pretty much completely shot down.

Also interesting info about the Glamour system in one of those interviews above. Seems like every piece of armor you want to have as a vanity item will need a blank glamour crystal. Only crafters can make the crystals. Once an item is bound to a crystal it's set, you'll need a new crystal for a new vanity item. Crystals will be classified by ilevel- you'll need an ilevel 20-30 crystal for an ilevel 20-30 vanity item. Interesting. Seems like they are throwing a bone to crafters here.

WolvenOne

Well at least there's a little bit of hope unlike raising the 200 item limit in houses which he pretty much completely shot down.

Also interesting info about the Glamour system in one of those interviews above. Seems like every piece of armor you want to have as a vanity item will need a blank glamour crystal. Only crafters can make the crystals. Once an item is bound to a crystal it's set, you'll need a new crystal for a new vanity item. Crystals will be classified by ilevel- you'll need an ilevel 20-30 crystal for an ilevel 20-30 vanity item. Interesting. Seems like they are throwing a bone to crafters here.

Ah, so it'll take some time before people can say, set their AF or AF2 to vanity, while wearing Allagan gear or whatnot.

Well, that's fine, gives me something to aim for, and of course it will be a considerable boon for Crafters.

Vitanimus

If I'm a level 36 SMN, is it worth it to do Brayflox run's to get a complete Battlemage set, or is equipment negligible for story related quests?

MogCakes

So the vanity slots pretty much work how I imagined they would? Equipment and a special item is used up when you want to slot it into vanity?

I get the feeling we will be waiting for an expansion before we get new jobs. Playing Bravely Default makes me want more jobs badly. It's too bad that they will likely still be very rigidly defined and not allow much creativity or flexibility.

WolvenOne

So the vanity slots pretty much work how I imagined they would? Equipment and a special item is used up when you want to slot it into vanity?

Hmm, maybe.

If so, you'll have to be a bit careful when you set something to vanity, since you might not be able to get another one. Alternately though, it makes older pieces of equipment somewhat more valuable, especially if it's one of the better looking sets.

Tabris

So let me confirm if I got this right, in 2.2, Turn 1-5 is going to work like this:

- Each turn can be accessed through DF? I assume 3-4 are combined?
- You can run each turn as many times as you want with no item lockout. (Constant enrage method runs for Tier 2)
- It will get progressively easier each week you run it? So it's worth it to access it just to wipe once as the next week it'll be easier.

I think everyone should be considering their myth use based on these new facts.

desu

So let me confirm if I got this right, in 2.2, Turn 1-5 is going to work like this:

- Each turn can be accessed through DF? I assume 3-4 are combined?
- You can run each turn as many times as you want with no item lockout. (Constant enrage method runs for Tier 2)
- It will get progressively easier each week you run it? So it's worth it to access it just to wipe once as the next week it'll be easier.

I think everyone should be considering their myth use based on these new facts.

I will only get best in slot AF+1 from now (not that it matters since I have i90 BRD/ i85 MNK/ i8x Tank). Farmable coil will be the best part of 2.2 and I am looking forward to get decent i90 setups for all my characters. With how easy the current turns are you can farm 20-40 items in one evening.

Tabris

Yeah. No point in doing CT at that point, except for gear that's from Turn 5 which a lot of people will have issues with until buff is strong enough.

I'm looking forward to /fc Anyone doing Coil Turn X or want to do Coil Turn X?

WolvenOne

Considering that 2.2 is introducing a new type of Tome, I rather doubt there's much reason to hoard Tomes for 2.1. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they added new items and uses for Phil and Myth Tomes, but i'd be anything that the higher level armors are all going to be purchased with the new type of Tome.

So, if you want any AF2 for vanity, go ahead I say.

omlet

Yeah. No point in doing CT at that point, except for gear that's from Turn 5 which a lot of people will have issues with until buff is strong enough.

I'm looking forward to /fc Anyone doing Coil Turn X or want to do Coil Turn X?

I'm looking forward to selling turn 5 wins.

I will only get best in slot AF+1 from now (not that it matters since I have i90 BRD/ i85 MNK/ i8x Tank). Farmable coil will be the best part of 2.2 and I am looking forward to get decent i90 setups for all my characters. With how easy the current turns are you can farm 20-40 items in one evening.

Agreed, set aside one day to just farming one turn as your static, that should net everyone most of what they want.

jiien

Sorry to be new, but what do you mean when you say static?

Because everyone can only complete each Turn per week, the community has generally split itself into static (unchanging) 8-man groups. Completing a Turn locks you out of attempting it again for the rest of the week, and if you enter a Turn that is farther than the last one you completed (i.e., maybe you just entered Turn 4 with some people, but haven't yet completed Turns 1 to 3), you are also locked out of going back to those earlier Turns for the week. So people tend to find a competent raid group of 7 other people and stick with it, so that everyone progresses and completes every Turn, instead of trying to find a group of 7 other people who happen to be on the same Turn as you.

Not that people don't try to find 7 other random people each week, but a static group tends to make progress faster as you learn to work with and complement each other.

Lucis

one thing i think everyone else missed for PS4 keyboard usage is that
not all keys can be mapped and used
` (~) is not usable to be mapped to use as a hot key on ps4

Vitanimus

a group of eight people that you consistently run coil with aka static b/c of the lockout nature

Because everyone can only complete each Turn per week, the community has generally split itself into static (unchanging) 8-man groups. Completing a Turn locks you out of attempting it again for the rest of the week, and if you enter a Turn that is farther than the last one you completed (i.e., maybe you just entered Turn 4 with some people, but haven't yet completed Turns 1 to 3), you are also locked out of going back to those earlier Turns for the week. So people tend to find a competent raid group of 7 other people and stick with it, so that everyone progresses and completes every Turn, instead of trying to find a group of 7 other people who happen to be on the same Turn as you.

Not that people don't try to find 7 other random people each week, but a static group tends to make progress faster as you learn to work with and complement each other.

Oh I see, makes sense. Thank you both!

WolvenOne

Aaaaand it looks like my install of the game is bustedo. Looks like I'm going to be spending the night backing up and reinstalling the thing. Could take awhile, it depends how much I have to redownload. :p

Where arethe UI and setting files stored again?

Alex

Having a stance against parsers in a WoW-like is one of the dumbest things I can think of. It's like that Windower situation with XI all over again, no matter how progressive Square becomes in any given area they'll always manage to save a layer of stupid for something.

Sophia

The only other MMO i've played is XI, so could someone gimme a rundown on why parsers are important again?

They allow for more accurate self improvement if used properly, which is valuable in game like this filled with soft-DPS checks everywhere.

However, the average player doesn't use them for that, and they end up being used to gate players from content or as a show of ego instead.

They also increase theorycrafting because players have such accurate information available. Which depending on how you feel about that, is good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom