• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

I'm a forgetful cat, what is coming in the February patch?
Here you go:
Patch 2.16 [Feb. 22nd] is set to include:

Summoning Bell in Revenant’s Toll
New Features for the Market Boards (Wish List feature, and adjustments on the filters)
Ability to summon minions and mounts at random
Dhorme Chimera and Hydra being added to the Duty Finder
Gear sets will automatically substitute main arm when item is not available
Cooldown timer for timeworn maps to be displayed or adjusted (not clarified)
Crafting stats will affect quick synthesis success rate
Gear dying preview feature
Notification feature for Party Finder
Mog Letter history
New achievement rewards
New feature to reselect focus targets (i.e. Primals after they disappear for certain attacks)
Map marker feature
More action icons for macros
New command to have character look towards the Camera
Characters will appear wet during rainy weather
Potential targets will have a glowing outline when hovering the mouse over them
Here's hoping they update the list of armoire-able stuff then, too.

Edit: Nope. :(

Authority

Banned
If I am whispering to someone what button on my keyboard I need to press to respond back?

Like in Aion for example if I was talking to a player named X, I would press tab and it would automatically input the command /whisper X.

Xux

If I am whispering to someone what button on my keyboard I need to press to respond back?

Like in Aion for example if I was talking to a player named X, I would press tab and it would automatically input the command /whisper X.
Alt + R; keep pressing it to cycle through people who've /tell-ed you.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Aw yes.

Bgh2CRsCUAEaViH.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I think I might not be able to play much today for the dumbest of reasons. So with 2.1 the menu buttons have changed. Given their smaller size I decided I wanted to change their position a bit. After trying to do that in the hud layout page, the buttons disappeared in my actual UI. No matter where I move them, the buttons will not actually appear. Resetting to default, logging in and out (or exiting out of the game completely) none of this seems to solve this. Tossed a thread over in the technical support forums on the lodestone, but god knows when I'll get an answer that might help there.

Edit: And I solved it. Apparently right-clicking a hud item will cause it to disappear. And doing so again will make it reappear. I must have accidentally right clicked it. While I love being able to customize a stock UI like that, it could be a little less... obscure about all its options.

Xux

So I think I might not be able to play much today for the dumbest of reasons. So with 2.1 the menu buttons have changed. Given their smaller size I decided I wanted to change their position a bit. After trying to do that in the hud layout page, the buttons disappeared in my actual UI. No matter where I move them, the buttons will not actually appear. Resetting to default, logging in and out (or exiting out of the game completely) none of this seems to solve this. Tossed a thread over in the technical support forums on the lodestone, but god knows when I'll get an answer that might help there.
Does your keyboard have a NUM pad? If so, what happens if you hit +? Is it checked to show in System Config? Maybe it glitched out and unchecked it.

dramatis

Edit: And I solved it. Apparently right-clicking a hud item will cause it to disappear. And doing so again will make it reappear. I must have accidentally right clicked it. While I love being able to customize a stock UI like that, it could be a little less... obscure about all its options.
It says right there on my HUD styling screen (PS3 version), "Triangle Show/Hide [item]". Is there no such instruction on PC styling screen?

Authority

Banned
Look at the state of my character.

Uk73mmr.jpg

Jesus Christ Almighty!

Anyhow, is it possible to make my UI smaller? Like the map? I am having sort of a hard time deciding where to put my party window because as soon as I hit the M button it covers it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Look at the state of my character.

http://i.imgur.com/Uk73mmr.jpg[IMG]

Jesus Christ Almighty!

Anyhow, is it possible to make my UI smaller? Like the map? I am having sort of a hard time deciding where to put my party window because as soon as I hit the M button it covers it.[/QUOTE]

On PC? Ctrl+Home will allow you to cycle between five different sizes for every hud element.

_woLf

So my friend had his account hacked back in SEPTEMBER, has been contacting Square-Enix support regularly and STILL has yet to get his account back.

Is there really any hope for him getting it back? almost 6 months later and still nothing...I seriously cannot believe a company cares that little about it's customers. Is there anyone he could go to do nudge S-E to hurry it up?

Aeana

So my friend had his account hacked back in SEPTEMBER, has been contacting Square-Enix support regularly and STILL has yet to get his account back.

Is there really any hope for him getting it back? almost 6 months later and still nothing...I seriously cannot believe a company cares that little about it's customers. Is there anyone he could go to do nudge S-E to hurry it up?

Contacting how? E-mail support doesn't seem to be effective, but I have had good results with the chat support.

_woLf

Contacting how? E-mail support doesn't seem to be effective, but I have had good results with the chat support.

He's called them like 12 times, and even I've called them on his behalf once. They always just say they can't do anything and their "backlog is large".

I'm having trouble believing that it's that large. :/

Aeana

Cool, looks like we can have a merchant in the front yard of our estate in 2.2. That will go well with the yard sale look of the yard.

Tabris

Cool, looks like we can have a merchant in the front yard of our estate in 2.2. That will go well with the yard sale look of the yard.

Yes! It's not just me that sees this :)

Anyways. I think it's pretty neat how this game has 3 story threads going on:

1) Current Threat -
Stopping imperial invasion and Primal threat.

2) True Threat -
The 13th God, Zodiark, and his minions.

3) Coil of Bahamut -
What exactly happened during Cartneau?

Xux

Yes! It's not just me that sees this :)

Anyways. I think it's pretty neat how this game has 3 story threads going on:

1) Current Threat -
Stopping imperial invasion and Primal threat.

2) True Threat -
The 13th God, Zodiark, and his minions.

3) Coil of Bahamut -
What exactly happened during Cartneau?
Yeah, hopefully the 1.0 city stories come back soon, too.

widgetraf

Hey GAF - I finally bit the bullet and bought the game. I'd like to play with other GAF members. I'm a casual player and would prefer a NA server/LS.

Hyunashi

So I decided to re-download the game after needing to quit to hardcore GW2, which I have now burnt out myself from. My question, as I will be doing a clean restart, is the game tough for a newbie to get into?

Also, how is the community? The GW2 community has degenerated so much since launch its discouraging.

So I decided to re-download the game after needing to quit to hardcore GW2, which I have now burnt out myself from. My question, as I will be doing a clean restart, is the game tough for a newbie to get into?

Also, how is the community? The GW2 community has degenerated so much since launch its discouraging.

The game is pretty easy for anyone to get into. The toughest to learn might be tanking. Or healing!

The community can be hit or miss but joining a good FC makes all the difference in the world.

I downloaded the PS4 beta client this morning, too. Too bad it doesn't start for another week.

Probably a stupid question but am I able to access this without having PS Plus on my JPN account? Have it for every other account but that one, wondering if there's a work around

Nose Master

Man, I did not realize how relevant stat allocation was until BC1 / Cad. I'm i80, and was getting destroyed by the boss with 1-2 stacks. "How the fuck, did you put all your stats in to STR or something?" "Uhh..."

I did. :(. Respeccing as soon as I get the seals.

How are you guys downloading the beta client already? I looked in the store and couldn't find anything and my GoogleFu is failing me right now.

I like our yard ;_;

Probably a stupid question but am I able to access this without having PS Plus on my JPN account? Have it for every other account but that one, wondering if there's a work around

I just logged into with my JP PSN account and looked around and there it was. I don't have PS+ for my JP account.

On a side note, it's kind of cool that the JP PS Store for PS4 looks like it's ready to go. I am downloading some random demos which are already up on the store in addition to the FFXIV PS4 beta client.

Marceles

I like our yard ;_;

I just logged into with my JP PSN account and looked around and there it was. I don't have PS+ for my JP account.

On a side note, it's kind of cool that the JP PS Store for PS4 looks like it's ready to go. I am downloading some random demos which are already up on the store in addition to the FFXIV PS4 beta client.

Ah thanks for the tip, don't know why I never thought of logging into my JP account on my PS4. Probably because launch was kinda far away at the time

Authority

Banned
By the way I was so gutted I skipped a cut scene at some point but when I found out that you can see again any cut scene you want through "The unending journey" I was so dam happy.

All right, being able to blindly get through the Japanese PSN sign up process without knowing any Japanese is somewhat of an accomplishment for me.

Authority

Banned
I need fast help if possible.

Basically I was trying to do the quest "No Tool gets left behind" but it send me a message telling me that I must first proceed further with "Into a Copper Hell" quest, http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Into_a_Copper_Hell

However what level must I be to see that quest?

According to here,

"A Guide to Copperbell Mines

Copperbell Mines is the third dungeon players will encounter in FFXIV:ARR. This story dungeon continues the level 15 city quest sequence. The dungeon requires level 17 players and caps at level 19. Any player over level 19 will have level sync return them to 19th level for the duration of the dungeon. As with the prior two dungeons, players must all have the appropriate quest to enter the Mines for the first time".

Direct Source: http://eorzeareborn.com/copperbell-mines/

I am confused though.

I need fast help if possible.

Basically I was trying to do the quest "No Tool gets left behind" but it send me a message telling me that I must first proceed further with "Into a Copper Hell" quest, http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Into_a_Copper_Hell

However what level must I be to see that quest?

According to here,

"A Guide to Copperbell Mines

Copperbell Mines is the third dungeon players will encounter in FFXIV:ARR. This story dungeon continues the level 15 city quest sequence. The dungeon requires level 17 players and caps at level 19. Any player over level 19 will have level sync return them to 19th level for the duration of the dungeon. As with the prior two dungeons, players must all have the appropriate quest to enter the Mines for the first time".

Direct Source: http://eorzeareborn.com/copperbell-mines/

I am confused though.

It's a story quest, so it sounds like you need to advance the story before you can enter.

aceface

Generally speaking, if you can't do something you think you should be able to do, try advancing the story by doing the story quests. You won't be able to do "Into a Copper Hell" until you complete all the story quests leading up to it.

Number45

So I started my trial I assume, but I haven't been asked for any details. How does it get billed on the PS3? As a sub on my PSN account?

Authority

Banned
Man I am having so much fun.

I really love that you can play around so much with the UI - Position and Size.

However, I would like to have more tab-windows available. Like it would be ideal if I had one extra more so I can see what my "Free Company writes". And lastly, I do hope that whenever they will introduce an assassin-like class it would be an upgrade from a pugilist or more specifically from a monk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom