• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

Getting so frustrated as SMN with this Twintania fight...I pretty much just Bane all 3 of my dots to the baby dragons and keep them up while blowing Spur, Rouse, Enkindle, Raging Strikes, all 4 dots including Shadow Flare...and then during Conflag phase, keeping all four of my dots on Twin and then using Bane onto the conflag while having my pet attack it as well...and then on Fast conflags, using Fester on the fast ones...!

Just out of interest, should using Bane to inflict DoTs on nearby enemies and then keeping each DoT up on each enemy standard for a SMN, let alone an endgame SMN? I've just been using Fester and occasionally using Bane when there are a lot of mobs. Please tell me I'm not playing my job wrong.
;_;

Alucrid

Banned
Just out of interest, should using Bane to inflict DoTs on nearby enemies and then keeping each DoT up on each enemy standard for a SMN, let alone an endgame SMN? I've just been using Fester and occasionally using Bane when there are a lot of mobs. Please tell me I'm not playing my job wrong.
;_;

Depends. I'm not expert SMN, but I'm fairly sure Bane is mostly used to get dots up on adds midfight so you can fester for some burst damage.

Sophia

Uh-oh... half of our guild just got disconnected on Adamantoise and can't get back in. o_O;

6001 error now too when trying to connect.

Paprikka

Was that your first time getting to the final phase today?

Was the fourth I think. First time no one had seen it and liquid hell on OT then MT ended that pretty quickly. Second time I was stunned from a dreadknight during the phase transition so the first ds killed illya. Third was just messy.

But watching the video it looks like Ren didn't actually get off that limit break. He wasn't targeted by the egg, but since it explodes as soon as it touches anyone he was just in the exactly wrong place. I think GAF must have a curse on limit breaks during that final phase.

;_;

Yes in general...just the Twintania fight has phases that either require you to keep your dot timers up with as much time as possible or really conserving those aetherflow stacks for phases that require burst damage in a hurry.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Well... uhh... nice to see it's not just the data center I think? >_>

Oi, Square. We were about to do Crystal Tower. ;_;

My queue had popped for the 20th time and I figured I was finally about to get in as it was 6/6 6/6 11/12 after 30 mins of waiting.

smh

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Was the fourth I think. First time no one had seen it and liquid hell on OT then MT ended that pretty quickly. Second time I was stunned from a dreadknight during the phase transition so the first ds killed illya. Third was just messy.

But watching the video it looks like Ren didn't actually get off that limit break. He wasn't targeted by the egg, but since it explodes as soon as it touches anyone he was just in the exactly wrong place. I think GAF must have a curse on limit breaks during that final phase.

So many deaths at the end there x_x I'm surprised with both tanks down Twin didn't just go around and smack you guys. And yeah... I think during both our wins so far Bookey died near the end at some point lol.

I feel so bad for kenai. He just stood there while the ovaform kill him. Took it like a champ

Paprikka

So many deaths at the end there x_x I'm surprised with both tanks down Twin didn't just go around and smack you guys. And yeah... I think during both our wins so far Bookey died near the end at some point lol.

We got lucky, H'ntai booked it to the other side of the area then halfway to him twin stopped to cast liquid hell giving us enough time for the rest of us to dps her down.

Aeana

My favorite is still kiting the snakes around the edge. We should try that today
We should also all stand in front of Twin and get bellyflopped to raise the limit bar.

Everybody seems to do snakes differently and it always seems odd as fuck. Since you guys are clearing them before he even reappears though there is no reason to change. Grats.
How are you feeling after seeing the drops?

chrono01

He goes down fighting, though [or locked in the LB animation]!

BadRNG

Well if anyone wants to see it, this is our Twintania kill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnP0cT7cqSc

Please send some cleanup at aisle 6 for the end there. Thanks.
Grats guys! Unorthodox clears are best clears.

Despite all that, they're saying my dps is lower than the tanks...how?!
What parser is being used for this? Is it up to date?

Parsers have long had issue with calculating dot damage. Right now they can't even track it correctly, it's all "simulated" as they take your stats and estimate the damage a long with whether or not you crit. Depending the version being used this feature has had all different kinds of bugs too.

And just as important, are they counting you + your pet or just you? I'm only in like i80 on my SMN but Garuda puts out like 60-70dps on average. It's a huge part of SMN dps some players overlook when glancing at a parser.

I can't speak intimately on T5 strat as summoner, but I am curious what you mean by keeping dots up with high timers as much as possible. You're not clipping your dots a lot are you? I understand wanting to bane with as high as timer as possible, but for fast conflags dots will usually only get to tick a couple times and for slow you have so much time a single dot or two falling off while you are burning it won't matter that much.

chrono01

Looking to start a new character. What server is everyone on? Or better yet, which server is the most active right now?
Ultros has the largest majority of GAF members [to my knowledge] and is one of the more popular NA servers.

My vote is for Ultros. We're always accepting new players as well, and a lot of us are willing to help out people fresh to the game.

Aeana

ACT with the FF14 plugin is really good at tracking SMN DPS since it reads from memory rather than logs. It also has an option to combine pet and summoner.

It usually reports our SMN as being in the upper 200s. 260-280, which is in line with our other DPSs. In some cases I've seen it cross 300. So that leads me to believe it's accurate enough.

deadeye

Ultros has the largest majority of GAF members [to my knowledge] and is one of the more popular NA servers.

My vote is for Ultros. We're always accepting new players as well, and a lot of us are willing to help out people fresh to the game.

Thanks. Once I get started I'll ask for an invite to the GAF company.

Tabris

The only challenge with Ultros GAF is that it's really large with a lot of locked statics/groups/cliques, so you can feel a bit isolated until you get to know people and find some people that you can normally run things with.

It'll happen, just give it time.

Grats guys! Unorthodox clears are best clears.

What parser is being used for this? Is it up to date?

Parsers have long had issue with calculating dot damage. Right now they can't even track it correctly, it's all "simulated" as they take your stats and estimate the damage a long with whether or not you crit. Depending the version being used this feature has had all different kinds of bugs too.

And just as important, are they counting you + your pet or just you? I'm only in like i80 on my SMN but Garuda puts out like 60-70dps on average. It's a huge part of SMN dps some players overlook when glancing at a parser.

I can't speak intimately on T5 strat as summoner, but I am curious what you mean by keeping dots up with high timers as much as possible. You're not clipping your dots a lot are you? I understand wanting to bane with as high as timer as possible, but for fast conflags dots will usually only get to tick a couple times and for slow you have so much time a single dot or two falling off while you are burning it won't matter that much.

I didn't get a chance to ask just what parser were they using. I might have asked but they already got on my bad side by whining about my gear (i89 SMN with the lowest piece of gear being my i80 shoes).

As for dots, I do often clip them. It does lower my dps but I like to ensure there a lot of time left on the dot timer when I Bane them onto the conflag. This is key with Bio since that has the shortest timer and has a slight delay when applying it which can mess you up if you Bane just a tad too quickly.

Stuart444

The SMN stuff is interesting for me, just started leveling an arcanist for my second level 50 (which will be a SMN). SMN looks fun to play.

I do hope they sort out the attribute point issue though. When I level up a healer class, Scholar would also be my preferred choice. :/

Just got the mounttttt after 100+ primal runs

F3fBbia.jpg

S3bSsrs.jpg

Just finished a CT run with a GAF group, and I just want to apologize for the deaths and inadequate DPS. The group kinda disbanded really quick and I assume you were all on Mumble because nobody really chatted afterward. Anyway, I was the Monk (Remi'to); hopefully I'll get the rotation down soon, because my hands get tied in a knot when I have to change position so much. -_-;

Apoptomon

I have Thornmarch and Crystal Tower unlocked now, but I haven't done either. What are those fights like? (The DF lists low entry requirements, but I've heard they're tuned high, so what is the ideal place to be at?)

Also:
A dev on SE's forum said:
Greetings, everyone!
I’m stopping in again to bring you some more information about plans for housing that are in the works!
As mentioned briefly during Letter from the Producer LIVE, in patch 2.2 we will be adding a cultivation system, which will allow you to cultivate crops from your house’s garden and use them for things such as cooking.
Additionally, though this is something for the future, we are currently looking into making it so you can dye furnishings that cannot presently be dyed.

... Does UltrosGAF even have room in our front yard for a veggie patch?

BadRNG

I didn't get a chance to ask just what parser were they using. I might have asked but they already got on my bad side by whining about my gear (i89 SMN with the lowest piece of gear being my i80 shoes).
Sounds like they were bad and just wanted someone to blame. i89 is more than fine for t5, it's arguably over geared.

I'd try running your own parses and see what's going on. If there is a large dps disparity than compare your parses to another SMN doing t5 and see where damage is coming from.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I have Thornmarch and Crystal Tower unlocked now, but I haven't done either. What are those fights like? (The DF lists low entry requirements, but I've heard they're tuned high, so what is the ideal place to be at?)

Also:

... Does UltrosGAF even have room in our front yard for a veggie patch?

Crystal Tower should be fine for you to jump in right at ilvl 50. I'd say just watch a youtube video on the fights first, and let your party know that youre new. And remember the loot rules - Only one piece of loot per week, but you can keep running CT until you get the loot you need/want (basically, don't greed unless you legit want it for another class, since that'd be the only loot you'd get all week)

Teknoman

Just finished a CT run with a GAF group, and I just want to apologize for the deaths and inadequate DPS. The group kinda disbanded really quick and I assume you were all on Mumble because nobody really chatted afterward. Anyway, I was the Monk (Remi'to); hopefully I'll get the rotation down soon, because my hands get tied in a knot when I have to change position so much. -_-;

Eh sometimes that just happens.

On a related note, I really like Monk so far as DPS.

I can't believe what this game does to me. The pressure of trying to learn new dungeons is horrible. Its almost like stage fright, but focused on me not wanting to look bad and waste peoples time.

I'm praying a new GAF coil group forms soon so I can actually feel decent about joining some of these groups. The comments i see when I join or are invited and admit im new but have seen videos are rough. I'm to much of an empath.

I can't believe what this game does to me. The pressure of trying to learn new dungeons is horrible. Its almost like stage fright, but focused on me not wanting to look bad and waste peoples time.

I'm praying a new GAF coil group forms soon so I can actually feel decent about joining some of these groups. The comments i see when I join or are invited and admit im new but have seen videos are rough. I'm to much of an empath.

I'm new at this game and at MMO's in general. I'm also a very nice person haha. I'm only at level 11 at the moment though as I only booted up today.

Alex

Don't stress it so much. Do your research then go into a Duty Finder for the learning process, if anyone gets on your case just report them for harassment. Think of it as taking a piece of toxic waste out of the pool.

Alex

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02...t-feed-screenshot-comparison-identical-twins/

so this title PC/PS4 version are pretty similar, so is cross play between the platforms available?

Also, has there ever been a popular (sales-wise) MMO on consoles?

You have to buy both, but it shares the same servers and whatnot, it's shared across PC/PS3/PS4.

FFXI is probably as big as it got for console MMOs.

I'm still not sure why outlets are gobsmocked that a PS4 can hit high settings in this game. You can max this sucker out with room to spare on cheapo GPUs. It's very well optimized, the PS3 version being ick was never going to be an indication of PS4 performance

MogCakes

There are many impatient assholes in the game. It's really unfortunate.

klee123

That's how I feel as well, especially when I'm tanking or healing. If you walk in doing any mistake, you get blasted mercilessly (especially from DPS)

It's so demoralizing at times it makes me want to level up as dps as much as possible.

Ken

Just pretend to know what you're doing or I don't know, apply some general class logic into what you're doing.

Teknoman

Now that i've got some Amano armor (aw yeah Crystal Tower) and my relic, I think im going to storm some dungeons in DF. Especially wanderer's. Of course im still going to ask the FC first, but now I dont feel like i'll get booed off stage from the go.

Personally, I think healers have it worst. Tanks just have to kinda stand there, and DPS just need to not get hit by lines or field attacks. Healers have to be on point no matter what.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm up for joining a new GAF coil static as well, my only issue is not being able to do it before 9:30 PM MST (8:30 PST until the change, since AZ is weird and doesn't follow daylight savings). I mean I could do it beforehand, but can't guarantee I wouldn't get interrupted so... :p

I know it sounds hypocritical but try not to get too down with the community, there are a ton of impatient jerks, especially in endgame. At least with a static, you usually get to work with like minded individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom