• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

theta11

Dat kill.
VUm2845.png

Authority

Banned
Hello again.

I am a level 30 Pugilist right now so I have got a quick question.

Should I become a Lancer level him up to 15 so I can become after that a Monk or should I level my Pugilist to 50 first? There was some talk on cross-transferring skills so I am a bit confused on what to do.

Stuart444

Hello again.

I am a level 30 Pugilist right now so I have got a quick question.

Should I become a Lancer level him up to 15 so I can become after that a Monk or should I level my Pugilist to 50 first? There was some talk on cross-transferring skills so I am a bit confused on what to do.

Stop everything you're doing and get your Monk. There is NO benefit to waiting.

Wow, who knows when the hell I'm gonna get past Thornmarch for the necessary story quest...?

Last night I attempted it and half the party suffered from extreme lag so we had to abandon. I, fortunately, didn't get anything worse than what I experience in Crystal Tower. But, today...I got that lag hard.

:|

Nokterian

Hi gaf so i bought this game for 12 euro's on steam and just started playing. It's pretty fun! I am on the eu server moogle the game looks very pretty! Love the fighting system.

Diablos

Hi, sorry to make this about tech support but --

My trial expired, and I'm renewing. But I want to go with the entry option for $12.99, not standard. The only problem is that entry only allows for one char per server, but in the trial I made four characters on one server. I only care about one, the others I barely used and would like to delete but I can't yet because I can't get into the game.

If I choose basic what will it do with my characters? Will I be able to choose which one I want to keep on the server I'm using?

aceface

Wow, who knows when the hell I'm gonna get past Thornmarch for the necessary story quest...?

Last night I attempted it and half the party suffered from extreme lag so we had to abandon. I, fortunately, didn't get anything worse than what I experience in Crystal Tower. But, today...I got that lag hard.

:|

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. When I tried Moogle Mog for the first time last night half the moogles weren't showing up and it was lagging on stupid stuff like hotbar switching and typing. It's the worst I've ever had the game run on PS3. Seems like a problem with just that instance too cause I was doing Titan hm right before that with no lag issues. Thanks Square, I get the picture, I'll buy the PS4 version sheesh.

My trial expired, and I'm renewing. But I want to go with the entry option for $12.99, not standard. The only problem is that entry only allows for one char per server, but in the trial I made four characters on one server. I only care about one, the others I barely used and would like to delete but I can't yet because I can't get into the game.

If I choose basic what will it do with my characters? Will I be able to choose which one I want to keep on the server I'm using?
It will lock all but one of your characters, and judging by the reports I've seen, it probably will be the one you don't want. You should just pay for the extra slots on the first month, delete the other characters and then switch to the cheaper option.

Diablos

It will lock all but one of your characters, and judging by the reports I've seen, it probably will be the one you don't want. You should just pay for the extra slots on the first month, delete the other characters and then switch to the cheaper option.
What a bunch of crap.

I can't renew anyway, I keep getting an error despite having more than enough funds on the two accounts I used. Their payment system cannot be secure. I have tried like seven times... and I have seven charges for $1.00 on my account. They better not end up charging me for seven months worth or I will be irate. I keep getting error 406.

What a bunch of crap.

I can't renew anyway, I keep getting an error despite having more than enough funds on the two accounts I used. Their payment system cannot be secure. I have tried like seven times... and I have seven charges for $1.00 on my account. They better not end up charging me for seven months worth or I will be irate. I keep getting error 406.

Sounds like a lot of stability issues between the PS4 version launching and Steam release of the PC version. Possibility Sony\Square's network is taking a beatdown?

Diablos

Sounds like a lot of stability issues between the PS4 version launching and Steam release of the PC version. Possibility Sony\Square's network is taking a beatdown?
I'm on PC. Issues or no, their payment system is seriously gimped. The support is horrible as well. M-F 9am-6pm PST only? Are you kidding me? I'm in EST, by the time they are available here, it's noon and I am at work. I'm not going to make time to call someone about a MMO in the middle of my day... e-mail is my only option, and I read that they don't like to resolve much that way, and refer you to the phone/chat which gives you an extremely limited window if you are on the east coast. S-E can do better than this. smh.

Tabris

Why don't some of the leaders like Maple & Strawberry do stuff with us regular joe's? :p I don't think I've been a party with most of them.

Ploid 3.0

Time, and demand I'd imagine. It seems GAF FC is massive, and they are leaders, you can't help but to know them, so a lot of people would like to do stuff with them. Also the way that the game works it don't seem to make doing things with other groups easy (lockouts, allowances, etc). You would probably have to sync up with them, and hope they need a member to replace an absent party member.

Secret service doesn't help.

Why don't some of the leaders like Maple & Strawberry do stuff with us regular joe's? :p I don't think I've been a party with most of them.

I don't think it's really intentional. Some people do a lot more of the socializing on the mumble server. There are several leaders and officers that just do stuff in chat all the time as well and don't even go on mumble.

And this will be the first week I don't get through T4. Seriously, hurry up and end the lock out on this so end of week pugs don't have to waste hours sitting around waiting for a tank.

PS: SE, do something about the serious lack of tanks.

Number45

Is it possible to get an RSS feed of the Lodestone page? Can't see anything on the page itself.

Perhaps. But doesn't change the fact it still sucks and somebody should try to figure out a way to do something about it. This is likely going to be the reason I quit the game some day.
The answer to waiting for a tank is the same as it is in every other MMO. Either get used to waiting for a tank (in WoW I'd just gather, or do dailies or archaeology or suchlike while waiting for it to pop), or roll a tank.

And, more generally (not aimed directly at you obviously, I don't know you from Adam), be nice to tanks. In my experience (having played largely as a DPS, but a good amount of time as a healer and tank as well), people aren't at all patient with those learning the game. Because of this, those tanks/healers just won't PUG.

WoW added incentives to the dungeon finder for tanks, but I don't think it offset the downsides.

When it comes to Turn 4, I often find either the other healer lacking or that the dps just can't handle the dps checks. Some groups, if I don't AOE with Holy a bunch, they would be leaving all the spideys at half life by the time the next phase started. And seeing a Dreadnaught eat them and regain health is too much for me.

Croyles

I have a feeling we are doomed to get double DRG loot in Turn 5 for eternity now.

I wouldn't take it personally. Not that you sound upset about it or anything.
They do things with "regular joe's" all the time like CT and what not. It's just a chat thing. They and normal players (me included) mostly prefer to talk with voice chat with occasional typing in the FC. The mumble server is open to everyone and plenty of people go on there including non-leaders/officers.

Everyone gets to know people that they like to run things with, especially in an FC as big as this one.

yaffi

If you renew with the basic option all your characters but one will be greyed out. Since you want to get rid of the other three characters, just delete them until the one you want to keep isn't greyed out anymore.

That's what I did.

Tash

Getting seriously frustrated about Twin.

We had her down to last phase quite a few times but recently we can't get groups together..First we were lacking proper healer setups so I switched my main healer twice. Then we had a tank issues and all of a sudden we are lacking dps

W.T.F

Screw 8x content..it's a freaking pita.

King_Moc

Banned
Do any of the GAF free companies have a decent number of people online at EU times? I'm on Sargatanas right now, which is lovely and all, but there's normally about 5 people online nowadays when I log on.

I'm guessing either Ultros or Ragnarok?

Do any of the GAF free companies have a decent number of people online at EU times? I'm on Sargatanas right now, which is lovely and all, but there's normally about 5 people online nowadays when I log on.

I'm guessing either Ultros or Ragnarok?

We usually have a fair amount of people online during EU evening hours (Ultros). It's either Eurogaf or USgaf who just happens to have free time then. We even have a Coil group that usually does Coil during that time.

King_Moc

Banned
Do you have free spaces there? I've never really been on when people arrange static parties for the high level stuff, so I'm only up to Garuda hard mode for my relic right now.

Do you have free spaces there? I've never really been on when people arrange static parties for the high level stuff, so I'm only up to Garuda hard mode for my relic right now.

Sadly that Coil group is filled up at the moment. I don't know of any new ones that are forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom