• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the coil group, but the FC in general. I remember hearing it was packed at first, but I'm guessing people have dropped out by now?

Oh yes, there is still plenty of room in the FC itself. I'm sure we *coughMaplecough* could stand to purge a lot of the inactive people to make room for the incoming onslaught of PS4 users in the near future.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Lack of tanks in a problem in every MMO ever. SE has little to do with that.

honestly, i'd really like if every MMO ever stopped requiring more tanks (as percentage) for small-group than for big-group.
25man, five tanks. Not that hard to get. Blizzard just stopped trying after BC, i think. BC at least had _some_ five tank encounters, and some flexible tank encounters.

King_Moc

Banned
Oh yes, there is still plenty of room in the FC itself. I'm sure we *coughMaplecough* could stand to purge a lot of the inactive people to make room for the incoming onslaught of PS4 users in the near future.

Looked into it and it seems the legacy transfer block is still in place. That'll have to wait them, lol. Crazy that that's still in effect.

Diablos

If you renew with the basic option all your characters but one will be greyed out. Since you want to get rid of the other three characters, just delete them until the one you want to keep isn't greyed out anymore.

That's what I did.
Okay, thank you. Now if I could only renew...

Got my Lancer to 16 yesterday and I am really enjoying the game. It feels so familiar MMO wise yet very different; combos and visuals help specifically. What a pretty game.

I am on Ultros, what is the best way of joining the GAF LS? Also, is it wise to level Lancer to 30 and then level marauder to 15? Or should I mix it up a bit

Thanks amigos :)

okno

Hey y'all! Wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Just got this yesterday for PS3, created a Roegadyn Marauder on Ultros! Sent in an application for the GAF FC, so hopefully that'll get cleared up soon. Presently lvl 13 and really excited to dig into this a bit more!

edit: forgot to mention, I screwed up my character's name. It was supposed to be Fruit Preservative, but I did something wrong and did Fruit Fruitpreservati . . . By the time I realized this, I had already been playing for a bit and didn't feel like bothering with the change. I wish you could change it retroactively, but griefers would have a field day with that.

Tabris

I wouldn't take it personally. Not that you sound upset about it or anything.
They do things with "regular joe's" all the time like CT and what not. It's just a chat thing. They and normal players (me included) mostly prefer to talk with voice chat with occasional typing in the FC. The mumble server is open to everyone and plenty of people go on there including non-leaders/officers.

Everyone gets to know people that they like to run things with, especially in an FC as big as this one.

Nah, I'm not upset or take it personal. I just noticed that I haven't partied with a decent amount of the leaders and they rarely say anything in /fc. It makes sense if they keep to mumble.

I don't use mumble as much, except for Coil, because I generally like to chill out and listen to music while playing.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Nah, I'm not upset or take it personal. I just noticed that I haven't partied with a decent amount of the leaders and they rarely say anything in /fc. It makes sense if they keep to mumble.

I don't use mumble as much, except for Coil, because I generally like to chill out and listen to music while playing.

I know I rarely pay attention any type of chat in this game. The chat is cumbersome, clunky, and annoying with a group of this size. Much easier to just speak in my mic. I have even avoided many parties because of the communication barrier the chat creates.

There are plenty of us on mumble, we are nice people and enjoy hearing new voices. Hop on and you will be able to speak to the leaders on a regular basis. They're pretty down-to-earth and fun to group up with.

I just started my progress through 2.1 main scenario and out of all dungeons, it asks me to go through
Sunken Temple
again!!?? lol

Also, if anybody is making a new Coil group, I'd like to be in. I haven't done any but I think I'm ready. PM me.

Zomba13

Perhaps. But doesn't change the fact it still sucks and somebody should try to figure out a way to do something about it. This is likely going to be the reason I quit the game some day.

They should give PLD and WAR a mount or something like WHM. Isn't the reason WHM get a mount because they wanted more people to play WHM?
Do the same with Tanks. Maybe at lvl 50 give them a cool armoured mount or something. Then people who want the mount will level up and play a tank job and some of them might end up liking it.

Reason I went and leveled up PLD was because I was sick of waiting 40+ minutes to get anything done as SMN and then I ended up enjoying it and now it's geared slightly better than my SMN.

AkuMifune

Banned
Another solo (Ultros) player checking in. Got to level 23 Thaum. over the weekend. Up to choosing a Grand Company quest. What a weird game! I know this isn't new to most of you, but surprised to find it a mix of MMO, Solo RPG and co-op instanced thing all at once. Also pleasantly surprised to find it so evocative of FFXII. Love the art style and aesthetics of everything.

Dungeon raids certainly the best thing so far. Still too intimidated to try joining a party, though I want in on that. Also keep refusing FC invites! Just feel standoffish until I know more. Love seeing GAF'ers around. Also, I joined the same time as another guy and we keep crossing paths in increasingly cool looking gear. Just funny. I see you Led Zeppelin!

If there was a lifetime subscription at a decent price I'd actually be tempted. Though that might break when I have to be one of you weaver slaves in front of the market board. ;)

Moaradin

I'm back into this game after a few months break. I don't know where to begin! They added a lot of new content since I last played.

How hard is it getting into groups these days? I remember not being able to get into any coil runs because everyone wanted BRDs and not enough Monks :(

aceface

I know I rarely pay attention any type of chat in this game. The chat is cumbersome, clunky, and annoying with a group of this size. Much easier to just speak in my mic. I have even avoided many parties because of the communication barrier the chat creates.

There are plenty of us on mumble, we are nice people and enjoy hearing new voices. Hop on and you will be able to speak to the leaders on a regular basis. They're pretty down-to-earth and fun to group up with.

I've been on mumble a couple of times and while everyone on there is very friendly it does seem to be a lot of group in jokes and things that I don't really get. Also I'm just not very comfortable with voice chat. I always feel like I'm talking over someone or intruding. TBH I always enjoyed just listening cause y'all are hilarious but it seems creepy just to lurk there XD

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've been on mumble a couple of times and while everyone on there is very friendly it does seem to be a lot of group in jokes and things that I don't really get. Also I'm just not very comfortable with voice chat. I always feel like I'm talking over someone or intruding. TBH I always enjoyed just listening cause y'all are hilarious but it seems creepy just to lurk there XD

It definitely does take some getting used to. I was the same way when I first jumped on mumble. Now I hardly ever shut up. After a while you will learn the group jokes and probably even be on when another crazy thing happens. It never hurts to ask where the joke came from, we usually like re-telling the story to get a good laugh out of it.

We also have professional lurkers (Qhon) who just type in mumble chat occasionally. It's been so long since I heard Qhon's voice that I just imagine him as a Mongolian robot girl and he is even in my coil group.

Enjolras

Neo Member
I've got a whole ton of lvl 50 dungeons/trials unlocked, but I have no idea which one to start with! At the moment I'm just sticking to CM/Prae runs (since I'm familiar with them and hey! tomes!), but I've just unlocked CT (thanks GAFers who helped with the fates!), and I need to do Chimera for my relic quest, and I've got CMHM and HMHM along with AP and AK unlocked as well as Ifrit HM, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

I know I've seen some endgame progression guides around, but I can't remember where they are - it was probably a bad idea unlocking everything at once, but short of the in-game ilvl requirements, I can't work out where my next step should be. I'm currently ilvl51, if that makes a difference. Anyone got a link to a guide like that?

(I have not unlocked PS thanks to all the horror stories - I just don't need that in my life right now!)

Stuart444

I was on mumble once when I was setting it up. Not been on it since. Might go on it at some point when playing, depends on how I feel though there will probably be two voices since Alice and me play in the same room and all.

Mumble is fun though but like someone said above, I sometimes feel like I'm intruding/talking over people so I don't say as much as I normally would if you knew me irl or anything. (well that and I'm generally shy around people I don't know that well)

Isaccard

It definitely does take some getting used to. I was the same way when I first jumped on mumble. Now I hardly ever shut up. After a while you will learn the group jokes and probably even be on when another crazy thing happens. It never hurts to ask where the joke came from, we usually like re-telling the story to get a good laugh out of it.

We also have professional lurkers (Qhon) who just type in mumble chat occasionally. It's been so long since I heard Qhon's voice that I just imagine him as a Mongolian robot girl and he is even in my coil group.

Always good times in mumble <3

I've got a whole ton of lvl 50 dungeons/trials unlocked, but I have no idea which one to start with! At the moment I'm just sticking to CM/Prae runs (since I'm familiar with them and hey! tomes!), but I've just unlocked CT (thanks GAFers who helped with the fates!), and I need to do Chimera for my relic quest, and I've got CMHM and HMHM along with AP and AK unlocked as well as Ifrit HM, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

I know I've seen some endgame progression guides around, but I can't remember where they are - it was probably a bad idea unlocking everything at once, but short of the in-game ilvl requirements, I can't work out where my next step should be. I'm currently ilvl51, if that makes a difference. Anyone got a link to a guide like that?

(I have not unlocked PS thanks to all the horror stories - I just don't need that in my life right now!)

I found this guide very helpful.
http://ns.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1t8i4p/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_21/

WolvenOne

So, last night I joined a Titan EM party along with some other Gaffers and a pug, and downed the fight a second time, this time as the off tank. I was really worried the first time might've been a fluke, so that made me feel a whole lot better about things. XD

Anyhow, as promised, sometime this week I'll assemble a GAF party and help teach people everything I know about the fight. I hope it helps some people out. :D

I spent nearly 48 hours straight either waiting around for a T4 group to form or in T4 with a pug group that couldn't handle Phase 6 to save their lives.

So I stayed up longer until reset to get an early jump.

Spent an hour with a group failing in T1 (at ADS, then Cad several times).

Yea...I might be taking a break for awhile before I lose it with this game.

there is only one in joke that you should know about, but I can't say it here for fear of my life

WolvenOne

I would spend more time in the lobby of mumble myself, as I do like the people there, except, that when I'm actually on difficult content, I need to concentrate on what I'm doing. Hearing a bunch of unrelated conversations going on just ends up being a bit too distracting.

Course when I'm working on the same content as the people in the lobby, that's totally different. XD

Also, I don't mind in jokes. Hang around with the same group of people long enough, and you usually end up being clued into these in-jokes anyway.

EDIT: "Chucks Tomo at Titan."

I am on Ultros, what is the best way of joining the GAF LS? Also, is it wise to level Lancer to 30 and then level marauder to 15? Or should I mix it up a bit

You'll want to send an application to the guild site. And if it's accepted, I think you'll want to send a tell to one of the FC leaders to ask for invite.

Far as Lancer/Dragoon cross-skills goes, you'll also want to start leveling Pugilist.

pitbull

Banned

you shouldn't worry, i only speak up to make mom or dick jokes.. or mom dick jokes. I'm in the same boat as far as not knowing all the gossip or who hates who this week.

Well, that Beta got me hooked enough to buy it on Steam...
Same. Getting into it slowly. Really like it but I have barely 2 hours a day to play on it, maybe more. Barely spent 3 hours since Sunday.
First MMORPG I've played in quite a while so yeah, kinda' confused but a nice, warm confused.
Guess I need to check on this thread and get myself up to speed!

Tabris

Hmm. How much is this legacy transfer going to fuck over the economy? Inserting a whole bunch of gil on to our server is going to decrease the value of the little amount of gil I already have.

Aeana

Well, I'm an officer, and I don't hang out in the Mumble lobby since it's inconvenient for me to have headphones all the time just for the sake of communication. I talk in FC chat whenever I'm on, but I also haven't played much the last few weeks. Hoping 2.2 reinvigorates everything.

Apoptomon

I was on Mumble once, then I changed from laptop to desktop and so lost out on audio input and haven't bothered setting it up again.

Anyway, last night I unlocked Scholar because why not, only to realise/remember that most of my caster gear is, well, of casting. Aside from that, I have some questions:
  • My arcanist currently has 340 int and 330 mnd (all my points are in int because I'm a Smn primarily). This doesn't seem like a big difference to me, but will it impact on heal potency appreciably?
  • On SMN, the community seems to have decided that the best pet is Garuda on obey stance. What is the pet situation for SCH? Is Eos preferred? Sic vs obey?
  • How do I hold all these skills? SMN feels to me like a more natural extension of ACN, but for SCH, I'm trying to figure out the balance of heal skills and dps skills. It's a healer job, I know that, but how do ruin/bio/miasma/shadowflare fit in to that?

Sophia

Well, I'm an officer, and I don't hang out in the Mumble lobby since it's inconvenient for me to have headphones all the time just for the sake of communication. I talk in FC chat whenever I'm on, but I also haven't played much the last few weeks. Hoping 2.2 reinvigorates everything.

Extreme Mode Moggle Mog and Vanity slots should keep any player busy for years!

So, do beta testers get any special items after beta? My friend is playing on his PS4. Game looks amazing just as I thought it would. Im not sure if I should jump on PC or PS3 though.

Also whats the monthly fee normally?

So, do beta testers get any special items after beta? My friend is playing on his PS4. Game looks amazing just as I thought it would. Im not sure if I should jump on PC or PS3 though.

Also whats the monthly fee normally?

No special items for Beta testing, just the satisfaction of knowing you may have helped squash any bugs :)

Standard Monthly fee is $12.99 per month for 1 month; up to 1 character per server and a maximum of 8 characters total on your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom