• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply. Now I just gotta find out if playing on PS3 is worth it or just stick with PC :p
If you have the option of going PC, I highly suggest doing so.

PS3 has subpar performance in some situations - doing Odin on PS3 is pretty much hell - and there's a chance support might be dropped in the future as updates get bigger in scope because of the limitations. Unless you're planning on switching soon to PS4 with the buy PS3 get the PS4 version promotion, it's just not worth it.

Stuart444

So I tried WTFast.

Took my ping down to 91 from between 115 and 150ms.

I then tried Titan HM (only up til Heart Phase since the other folks except maybe the MT were either new or gearing up an alt and were undergeared for the fight) and to my surprise, it made an obvious difference. I stayed in plumes slightly longer than I do without WTFast just to test it out (rather than moving the instant I see it like I usually do) and I was able to get out in time still. Only got hit once by plumes when I experienced some tunnel vision. and didn't notice I was in the middle of a plume til about a sec before it went off.

All in all, I was impressed at the difference such a small amount of ms made. There is nothing like this for PS3/4 is there? If not, We may have to hope the Laptop can handle FFXIV (on lowest settings) so me and Alice can do some of the more dodging intensive stuff like Titan HM/EX.

I also don't like the prospect of paying for something like this when I have never needed it for other games where dodging is needed (like GW2) but I like FFXIV too much and want to be able to try most things in the game without letting the rest of the group down due to the way SE does its positional stuff. :/

zulfate

thanks to the GAFFER who helped me apply, i for got you name (scyrion?)

i applied but i have got a response yet, are they any officers online at the moment?

my name is Krohm Skullstone

Stuart444

Having a hard time believing this allowed you to suddenly dodge plumes. I can't call placebo since there is a quantifiable change but eh.

I understand it's hard to believe, I didn't think it'd do much either but I'm guessing before hand, I could either just dodge it or I'd get caught in the plumes while now, I have very slight more leeway that allowed me to dodge.

I need to do more testing since I die more after the Heart phase than before (always always due to plumes and the server saying I'm not out of it in time, not LS or bombs) but not getting hit at all before heart (apart from that one time) surprised me. If I find a group in DF that can get by heart phase, I'll know for SURE if it helped or not.

edit: also we saw a group of people at camp tranquil DC right before Odin and some folks in game are complaining so yeah. Server issues tonight.

Erekiddo

I'm about to throw $20 down to upgrade to the CE, but question!

Will the PS4's CE items be applied to PC users who purchased CE?

Edit: nevermind!

Hergen 'Kahuna' Thaens 27 January, 2014 @ 6:45 pm
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yeeeeeees!

Everyone who has a CE activated on his account will get the Fat Chocobo mount and the Wind-Up Moogle minion.

Bah that sucks, got kicked out of an instance when it was going really well. Trying out tanking for the first time in an MMO and feel like I'm getting the hang of it thanks to Tomahawk and getting my crossbar set up to mark enemies effectively.

Really wanted to try a boss though, really sad about the server dying.

Edit: Oh, only 32,000 people in queue. I think I'll call it a night, hopefully this doesn't become a frequent thing.

Alucrid

Banned
LOL

9843E74DEC9DB420DBCFB24533D2F3EFE9608AC1

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
just say "Thanks, PS4"

Cause people are buying in.

Ok, need help, if any FFXI chaps remember me. Is Ultros where I need to go, or Excalibur (I think Kintaro mentioned there)

Paprikka

Managed to load into an Ifrit HM, only for no one to be in a party with each other. No party list and party heals didn't work. Sadly got 90k'd before we killed him.

Managed to load into an Ifrit HM, only for no one to be in a party with each other. No party list and party heals didn't work. Sadly got 90k'd before we killed him.

That was awesome, since we were all "solo" we had no LB bar and were burning the nails down the old fashioned way. Until we got 90k'd.

Now our characters are trapped on the broken instance servers, I can't login again because I get 10105 and people see me as being in Another World.

That was awesome, since we were all "solo: we had no LB bar and were burning the nails down the old fashioned way. Until we got 90k'd.

Now our characters are trapped on the broken instance servers, I can't login again because I get 10105 and people see me as being in Another World.

And we had Ifrit down pretty far! Then the servers said nope.

Chronoexe

dammit after 40 min waiting for Labyrinth of the Ancients this happens when I was starting the dungeon. :(

Also, how do I apply for the free company, I tried when the game release but it was full.

I'm iL61

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Guess it didnt matter I had something come up and couldn't cap my myth/buy my gear before tonights would-be coil run, since it probably isn't happening anymore.

Sophia

Looking around at prime time on Adamantoise I can only conclude that this game is unbelievably full of life. Over 20 parties in the party finder and every major zone is packed full enough to bring my PC to it's knees. D:

Looking around at prime time on Adamantoise I can only conclude that this game is unbelievably full of life. Over 20 parties in the party finder and every major zone is packed full enough to bring my PC to it's knees. D:

try the ps4 beta. your server will look like a remote village ;)

Jayhawk

I wish I knew the solutions to some of the login problems people in the PS4 beta thread are seeing. I'd like the game to be welcoming to these people interested in it!

Stuart444

Soo... this just happened

Fun fact: This is the only group that was able to dodge most things and get past heart phase before dying. (most died to plumes, the rest (me included) died to the first set of bombs)

The other groups I had up until now have all lost the DPS race at the heart phase.

But yeah, first time ever seeing all Dragoon DPS in a DF group lol.

dcye

Having a hard time believing this allowed you to suddenly dodge plumes. I can't call placebo since there is a quantifiable change but eh.

It made plumes dodgeable for me as well. yiu can call bullshit all you want, doesn't change the fact that without it I wouldn't be able to play.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It made plumes dodgeable for me as well. yiu can call bullshit all you want, doesn't change the fact that without it I wouldn't be able to play.

Yeah bit paying extra just to get a faster ping really makes this game stand out on the problems it faces

Your already paying a sub, so you have to pay more just to feel your it is worth paying for is messed up

SE needs to resolve these issues, not ask people to spend more just to overcome their networking issues

suzu

So many 90k error disconnects and negative queues.

Ahh screw logging back in. Right after I said I disconnected in chat, I immediately disconnect again. lol

FatalT

Banned
So many 90k error disconnects and negative queues.

Ahh screw logging back in. Right after I said I disconnected in chat, I immediately disconnect again. lol

Seriously!

I just finished downloading and installing this after buying it because I really enjoyed the PS4 beta and wanted to start early before the PS4 retail release.

15121_287441464746048_325391312_n.jpg

1660242_287441771412684_943855275_n.jpg

At least I'm level 5...I guess. :(

EDIT:

1920368_287442571412604_1233556674_n.jpg

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom