• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

I think the most fun i have had playing as a healer, was during vanilla WoW, playing as a resto druid. I loved healing with HoT based classes, one of the reasons i'm aiming for white mage is because it seems like the exact opposite and similar to WoW's priests.

The true skill of a healer is more noticed during bad pulls, when you have adds coming from everywhere and have to juggle healing priorities and mana conservation, sadly mmo's these days have much less trash mob density and mob group proximity, making every fight into a simple, pull and bang.

Edit: i say sadly, but having less trash is a good thing mind you.

frequency

I think the most fun i have had playing as a healer, was during vanilla WoW, playing as a resto druid. I loved healing with HoT based classes, one of the reasons i'm aiming for white mage is because it seems like the exact opposite and similar to WoW's priests.

The true skill of a healer is more noticed during bad pulls, when you have adds coming from everywhere and have to juggle healing priorities and mana conservation, sadly mmo's these days have much less trash mob density and mob group proximity, making every fight into a simple, pull and bang.

Edit: i say sadly, but having less trash is a good thing mind you.

This game is a little better with managing MP and healing priorities than modern WoW. Because so many of the encounters are movement based, a lot of people get hit whether due to slow reaction or latency/server side damage checks.

Also it's always fun when the Dragoon who got exploded yells at you for not healing or raising her/him because you've been busy healing people who aren't getting killed by red circles.

Also it's always fun when the Dragoon who got exploded yells at you for not healing or raising her/him because you've been busy healing people who aren't getting killed by red circles.

Man, who are these DRGs giving the rest of us a bad rep? When I die, I know I'm not priority number one.

Yes, it's because the content is easy, not that your healers are skilled. "So easy that even controller users can do it!"

*Click* *Click* *Click*

The sound of Vero using his abilities :)

Sounds like a good slogan!

(I don't know if we should be putting the word skilled anywhere near Mira tbh).

Unacceptable.

(I don't know if we should trust the word of someone who says "I think the vita has TOO many games ... ")

Is there anything else I needed to do to get in GAF on Ultros, besides registering at the website and sending in a submission in game?

You're good. I approved your application on the site. Someone should approve your in-game application soon (when someone with access to do so is online). This will automatically add you to the FC. Welcome aboard!

Jarate

Banned
So I moved to Milwaukee

and now my square enix account got closed because I moved to Milwaukee

how long does it take for the password change email to get sent :|

Yes, it's because the content is easy, not that your healers are skilled. "So easy that even controller users can do it!"

This game would be easy if it was as responsive as other MMOs. The shittastic netcode and server design make every endgame encounter an exercise in trying to survive mechanics through at least one or more party members always facing unplayable lag, packet loss, and disconnects.

Alucrid

Banned
Perfectly boring. I'm a human in real life, why would I want to be human in a game with so many interesting non-human options?

Yeah? Well I'm a cat in real life.

Holy fucking shit, I have got plenty to study and practice to do as a Monk as well as binding my skills perfectly, finding a basic rotation and developing my own style.

http://accomp.me/ffxiv/monk-and-pugilist-fists-of-fury/

I am in shock and extremely stressed but I will manage in the end.

I hope.

They didn't even mention to put on some New Order before going to town. Shitty guide.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Going through withdrawls since I stopped playing the PS4 beta... can't wait til mid April, Maple & Tiv keep that guildwork msg I sent in mind!

AkuMifune

Banned
More noob questions as I continue to think about this game all day...as a lvl 25 Thaum I use Blizzard II or Fire II when there is more than one enemy around the tank, but someone asked me in the last dungeon not to pull the enemies (so I shouldn't do AoE) ?

I get Swiftcast next, why would I want that? For bosses who interrupt?

Ken

More noob questions as I continue to think about this game all day...as a lvl 25 Thaum I use Blizzard II or Fire II when there is more than one enemy around the tank, but someone asked me in the last dungeon not to pull the enemies (so I shouldn't do AoE) ?

If it's like, 3ish regular mobs you should just do single target rotations. The tank is usually assuming everyone is doing single target DPS so he won't have tons of emnity on other targets beyond what's enough to hold aggro from healing.

If it's a ton of small enemies that die to like, 3 Fire IIs or something you should AoE in those cases.

On Swiftcast, that can be applied for:

Double Flare (you get Flare at 50 I think so don't worry about it for now).
Swiftcast Fire III to get into Astral Fire immediately in case it dropped or you messed up your rotation somewhere.

From what I've read/seen from BLMs, you use swiftcast with flare. I'm not far enough as a THM to know when it'd be useful before that but as a WHM/SCH/SMN, it's useful for instant raises or summons.

MogCakes

I'm conflicted. Cat people are all around awesome and look great in everything, but Lalafell have dat swagger going on. Only drawback is they look terrible in armor.

WolvenOne

I'm conflicted. Cat people are all around awesome and look great in everything, but Lalafell have dat swagger going on. Only drawback is they look terrible in armor.

Lets test out this theory, to Photoshop!!!

I'm certain I have some 1970's photo's of my dad around here somewhere!

AkuMifune

Banned
Why did I buy this game. I have accomplished NOTHING in my life in three days. Oi...

If it makes you feel better I had my crisis yesterday after spending over 20 hours in two days in the game, wondering if I had wasted my time in a meaningless fantasy world. The conclusion I came to is that if you think this world actually has any meaning or merit to it, than the ones we create to play in must too.

But hey, this world sucks. I'd rather live in a beautiful place with beautiful music and beautiful people telling me how I'm playing my beautiful class incorrectly. ;)

Kenai

Holy fucking shit, I have got plenty to study and practice to do as a Monk as well as binding my skills perfectly, finding a basic rotation and developing my own style.

http://accomp.me/ffxiv/monk-and-pugilist-fists-of-fury/

I am in shock and extremely stressed but I will manage in the end.

I hope.

It's actually not quite as bad as you might think, since most of the time it will be your single target rotation (I was researching this a lot as well).

Basically, Dragon Kick > Twin Snakes from the side, them move to the back. Demolish/Touch of Death, then Bootshine>True Strike. Move to the flank and finish with Snap Punch, then you are in the same spot you started for a rinse/repeat.

Tabris

I swear every youtube video I see that's recorded from a twitch stream for FFXIV has the person in their bedroom with posters on the wall. That's one step above parent's basement.

suzu

Speaking of terrible armor and lalafells. lol
FXHI3mN.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why did I buy this game.

Why.

Why.

Why?!

I have accomplished NOTHING in my life in three days. Oi...

yep, I'm worried. But I'm not missing Person of Interest tonight. Can't Happen....it can't.

I missed Archer though...Walking Dead too.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That post was more a dig at Tabris than anything about my own situation. He has a very nice apartment in an expensive city, and has been the envy of gaming setups threads for like a decade now.

When I hear decade old gaming setups, I see this.
LL

MechaX

I was so frustrated by my PS3Poverty that I decided to buy the Collector's Edition on Steam.

On my Laptop.

A laptop that has only Intel HD 3000 (and works about as well as one would expect).

I really want to get a PC so badly now. If new content is going to run anywhere near as badly as Moogle Mog does on the PS3 (ie, first and only run with Coil static: "what in the christ is going on, why is everyone sliding across the area, why is the music cutting in and out, why can I only see two moogles, wtf I got hit by the king I can't see him what"), I'll just put in my resignation for the version right now.
No I am not getting a PS4 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom