• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcye

In other news, really close to downing twin this week. Some od the guys in my group did it last week without me cause I wasn't there over the weekend, so hopefully we can get it this week as well.

Got to the (probable) last Dreadknight in Twister phase before MT took a massive spike and Healers healed themselves over the OT in the hate queue, which got him stun locked. Shame but I can smell a dead drag(o)on in my near future.

Just started on Ultros, and in the FC.

I played the PS4 beta up to Ifrit and really really enjoyed the game. Going to main SMN, so any tips would be appreciated! I'm completely new to FFXIV, and any other help with earlier dungeons would be great.

Username: Cat Skratch

Will be playing on PS4 when it comes out, and looking forward to teaming up and meeting everyone! Thanks again!

Xux

Just started on Ultros, and in the FC.

I played the PS4 beta up to Ifrit and really really enjoyed the game. Going to main SMN, so any tips would be appreciated! I'm completely new to FFXIV, and any other help with earlier dungeons would be great.

Username: Cat Skratch

Will be playing on PS4 when it comes out, and looking forward to teaming up and meeting everyone! Thanks again!
Just don't use Topaz Carbuncle or Titan Egi in a party unless it's an emergency or your tank sucks or something.

expel

I wish it were the bow instead, lol.
Coils drop is so fucked lol
I have not seen any monk armor dropped at all. Also blm's wand..and even drg's spear...we've got 2 bows, 1 axe, 1 sword, 2 monks weapons, 2 whm's canes, 2 summoners books, 2 scholars books...

chrono01

I really hope Square-Enix fix these server issues soon. This is the second night where we had to end our raid early.

Thankfully we did kill Twintania [one-shot at that!], but it did impact our EX Primal runs. I know, it's not super-important, but even still.

Nice to see so much interest regarding the PS4 release, however. We need more players, so if I need to deal with server issues to get that, I will oblige.

Coils drop is so fucked lol
I have not seen any monk armor dropped at all. Also blm's wand..and even drg's spear...we've got 2 bows, 1 axe, 1 sword, 2 monks weapons, 2 whm's canes, 2 sorcerer books, 2 scholars books...

WHM cane... :(

We've gotten 2 Scholar Books, 2 Summoner Books, 1 Axe, 1 Bow, 1 Sword, 1 Wand, 1 Fist.

I guess I can't complain too much, only two repeats out of 9 kills so far. 10th kill should be tonight if the servers allow it.

chrono01

Our group doesn't know how to share coil loot from t5. :(

Bookey - 3 pieces
Alena- 2 Pieces
Kagari- 2 Pieces
Tina- 1 piece

Krael, Makoto, Punch, and me all nothing. I want something so I can look cool. :(
I know, it is depressing. :(
Calling it now: Next week we'll get the WHM staff or pants.
I would be happy with that. As much as I want the Allagan Scepter, I would be pleased to see a member of us get something new. Repeated items or ones that do not fit our current class [*cough* Dragoon Spear *cough*] is heart-wrenching. :/

Do not lose hope. Next week is another chance!

expel

We've gotten 2 Scholar Books, 2 Summoner Books, 1 Axe, 1 Bow, 1 Sword, 1 Wand, 1 Fist.

I guess I can't complain too much, only two repeats out of 9 kills so far. 10th kill should be tonight if the servers allow it.
10th kill will get u an achievement! Lol

Hi all!

I just bought this game last week. Been playing nonstop. I really like this game.

I would like to ask a question. I'm having an issue with NPC dialogue text. I don't know if anyone has asked this before but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Here's the issue: I play on the PC version of the game but I play with a controller. I connect my laptop to my tv to play most games. When I do this for this game the NPC dialogue text seems way too small. I have scoured the net looking for a way to make the text bigger but I haven't found an answer.

I don't know if this helps but I have a Lenovo Y500 with an Intel Core i7 quad core, 12GB of RAM, 2x NVIDIA GeForce Gt650m SLI. It has a 1080p display. My 37" is also 1080p. Everything else looks fine on my tv but the NPC dialogue is so small that I have to be really close to my screen. It's begun to hurt my eyes. I don't even play for too long most of the time due to this issue. I have started skipping the dialogue just because it's too straining on my eyes.

Everything else in the UI is adjustable. This is the one thing I can't figure out. Many people all over the net have suggested the ctrl+home or the R3 click but it doesn't work. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I know most people overlook something like this but I would really like to read the story parts. I could care less about side quests but I'm the kind of person that likes to get into the story. Thanks in advance.

Hi all!

I just bought this game last week. Been playing nonstop. I really like this game.

I would like to ask a question. I'm having an issue with NPC dialogue text. I don't know if anyone has asked this before but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Here's the issue: I play on the PC version of the game but I play with a controller. I connect my laptop to my tv to play most games. When I do this for this game the NPC dialogue text seems way too small. I have scoured the net looking for a way to make the text bigger but I haven't found an answer.

I don't know if this helps but I have a Lenovo Y500 with an Intel Core i7 quad core, 12GB of RAM, 2x NVIDIA GeForce Gt650m SLI. It has a 1080p display. My 37" is also 1080p. Everything else looks fine on my tv but the NPC dialogue is so small that I have to be really close to my screen. It's begun to hurt my eyes. I don't even play for too long most of the time due to this issue. I have started skipping the dialogue just because it's too straining on my eyes.

Everything else in the UI is adjustable. This is the one thing I can't figure out. Many people all over the net have suggested the ctrl+home or the R3 click but it doesn't work. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I know most people overlook something like this but I would really like to read the story parts. I could care less about side quests but I'm the kind of person that likes to get into the story. Thanks in advance.

You can't make it bigger. I play on a TV from a fair distance and struggle with it as well.

Hi all!

You can change the front size in the event log. all quest text gets displayed in the eventlog ontop of the normal place.

Up the font for the event log and expand/read that instead of the quest text.

Number45

Thanks for the invite folks. Was quiet last night because a) no keyboard (should be here within the next couple of days, if not today) and b) work kept me up until two in the morning - kept myself logged in for the soothing music.

(Xha Amariyo - female cat represent)

Levelling as GLA, but I'm not sure how confident I'll be to actually tank with controller targetting. I'm guessing spamming flash won't keep aggro on me for long. :p

Also a quick question, which I'm pretty sure I'm right on: when you see the AoE target area appear, I have to get out of it before the casting ends right? Initially I was moving before the animation started but kept getting caught. So I guess just get out as soon as I see it?

Number45

Get out as soon as you can. Your healer will love you if you avoid the avoidable damage.
Yeah, I'll take the safety first route. Just wondered if there's a specific time that I should aim for in case there are any mechanics that require it. :)

Really need to get to grips with targeting on the controller. It's the one thing I'm not completely sure about, but hopefully that'll improve with time.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm not sure how confident I'll be to actually tank with controller targetting. I'm guessing spamming flash won't keep aggro on me for long. :p
p

I don't have any problems using a controller with my Warrior, so you should be ok. Once you get your level 30 move that gives you double enmity it actually seems to get easier as well. Make sure to use the option to only cycle between enemies as that'll make things a lot easier.

aceface

They apparently released an update, hopefully all these issues with instances are done now. 90k'd out of CT two nights in a row, so frustrating.

I'm already preparing myself for not being able to play for a week or two during the PS4 launch while Square gets its shit together.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They apparently released an update, hopefully all these issues with instances are done now. 90k'd out of CT two nights in a row, so frustrating.

I'm already preparing myself for not being able to play for a week or two during the PS4 launch while Square gets its shit together.

It's a hotfix that will hopefully fix all these issues people were having.

I picked this game up a few days ago while it was cheap on Steam. I figured I'd try out the free month and see where things went from there. I play WoW on and off but got bored of raising alts, pretty much waiting for the next expansion there. None of the other MMOs I've looked at on Steam have done much for me, but I never got too far into any of them (most are FTP, so really why not try them out?)

I started with a lancer, and got to about level eight or ten or so. I know that's not giving it too much of a chance, but wasn't feeling it. After I quit out I didn't have any motivation to come back.

But last night I had few drinks and rolled a thaumaturge. So now I'm around level 15, did the airship quests, and now it looks like I'm getting sent away out of my starting areas. I guess I can do slot Materia now? When I get some. Something there clicked with me, I'm enjoying the face-melting with fire and switching back and forth with ice to pump my MP back. Intrigued to see how the class develops and the Black Mage, if/when I get that far. I'm getting the impression I'm better off getting the main to 30 before leveling the alt? I've read a few beginner's tips or pointers, but I'm mostly figuring it out as I go.

The plot and lore hasn't been too interesting yet, and the FF licence seems underutilised. I am hoping this picks up later in the game? The race choices were pretty weak (human, short humanoid, huge coloured humanoid, elf, cat-ish humanoid) and I would have rathered see some more diversity like in the Ivalice games, but I suppose they're trying to have Eorzea function as it's own individual world. It's not enough to stop me playing at this point anyway.

I have no idea where the Disciples of the Land/Hand come into it. Should I be looking at those at some point early to set myself up, or are they something to branch into later in the game?

Anyway, I'm having fun. It's the next best thing to another FFXII.

Authority

Banned
It's actually not quite as bad as you might think, since most of the time it will be your single target rotation (I was researching this a lot as well).

Basically, Dragon Kick > Twin Snakes from the side, them move to the back. Demolish/Touch of Death, then Bootshine>True Strike. Move to the flank and finish with Snap Punch, then you are in the same spot you started for a rinse/repeat.

Yeah I was so utterly confused reading guides and the description from skills that I didn't understand what the hell was what.

However, I am starting to get used to it and made a perfect keybind, 3 hotbars for everything so far as a level 31 and I understand now how everything should be executed. It is really important to me whatever I do in combat to have a clear logic and make sense not only with the rotation but also from where the position to attack so I do not get overly frustrated and forgetful when performing the acquired combinations.

Number45

I don't have any problems using a controller with my Warrior, so you should be ok. Once you get your level 30 move that gives you double enmity it actually seems to get easier as well. Make sure to use the option to only cycle between enemies as that'll make things a lot easier.
Good to hear, thanks. Yeah I have my weapon drawn filter to be enemies only... just need to remember to draw my weapon when entering combat.

EDIT:

The soundtrack also goes on sale next month. YAAASSSSS
Holy shit, it's £32! D:

Isaccard

What DC are you on? How are the full servers for this game? I never had a problem with the PS4 beta (30 down / 5 up in NYC) but that's obviously not indicitive of the whole game.

Most of GAF is on Ultros. Our Data Center is Primal. I said we suck because if the issues were having last night, and the jab about tanking Bone Dragon north because our Data Center is the only one that does this.

gryvan

Ours so far is

1 summoner book
2 BLM staff
1 WHM staff
1 Axe
1 Bow

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Does BRD share ARC's ability to cast while moving?

Most of GAF is on Ultros. Our Data Center is Primal. I said we suck because if the issues were having last night, and the jab about tanking Bone Dragon north because our Data Center is the only one that does this.

Ah, didn't quite understand all of that but I'll take your word for it...

HereticJ

Yeah I was pretty shocked to see the maintenance warning so suddenly before it was about to happen. Always makes me think SE should give credits based on the amount of time the servers are down. Add an extra day or two to each subscription.

BLCKATK

Damn I was getting back into the swing of things after taking a break for a little while. Was really enjoying myself and then BAM, emergency maintenance. So lame.

AkuMifune

Banned
Up a few more levels, bought more time and used my fantasia potion. Wrote a backstory for my character and looking forward to spending the weekend goldsmithing. It's been a while since I've felt the MMO itch, and it's become a full blown rash.

I was waiting for an instance to start last night and started expressing my frustration with the delivery moogle, cursing him and yelling at him. Somebody ran by and started cheering me on. I don't know, I was in tears. So stupid fun, and that delivery moogles smug face rubs me the wrong way.

Does BRD share ARC's ability to cast while moving?
Jobs are just upgrades of the classes, so you can use all ARC skills while being a BRD. You need to stop moving for 3 seconds when you activate the songs, but you can move afterwards. They only have to sing in specific moments of the fights, tough, so for most of the time you'll play as if it was an ARC.

Ah, didn't quite understand all of that but I'll take your word for it...
You may have noticed that the servers are grouped into Data Centers. When you use the Duty Finder, you'll only find players on the same DC as yours.
There is a boss in a lv50 dungeon that is supposed to be fought in the center of the arena, but for some reason the people on the servers of the Primal DC (where Ultros is) take it to the edge of the arena, which has caused many fights, tears and frustration.

There is no doubt that the data center is going down because they're doing it wrong.
Tough I don't care

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Jobs are just upgrades of the classes, so you can use all ARC skills while being a BRD. You need to stop moving for 3 seconds when you activate the songs, but you can move afterwards. They only have to sing in specific moments of the fights, tough, so for most of the time you'll play as if it was an ARC.

You may have noticed that the servers are grouped into Data Centers. When you use the Duty Finder, you'll only find players on the same DC as yours.
There is a boss in a lv50 dungeon that is supposed to be fought in the center of the arena, but for some reason the people on the servers of the Primal DC (where Ultros is) take it to the edge of the arena, which has caused many fights, tears and frustration.

There is no doubt that the data center is going down because they're doing it wrong.
Tough I don't care

Thanks, that cleared it all up for me!

The wait for my PS4 CE is brutal... wish my PC wasn't so garbage saucy.

aceface

All this trouble with instances remind me of the difficulty they had with the instance servers at launch. I wonder if the beta worlds are on the same data center with Primal and that along with the steam version launching at the same time overloaded them. Doesn't give me a lot of optimism for when the PS4 version launches, I hope they are ready.

Allard

All this trouble with instances remind me of the difficulty they had with the instance servers at launch. I wonder if the beta worlds are on the same data center with Primal and that along with the steam version launching at the same time overloaded them. Doesn't give me a lot of optimism for when the PS4 version launches, I hope they are ready.

I just hope the release is not on a Monday, I mean that is when all timers reset and people go dungeon crawling, I'm sure they knew to expect that and avoid...

*Looks up the date April 14th falls*

... well... crap.

CLBridges

Logged in thinking I would get a couple hours of play in today...emergency maintenance *sigh*. I'm not mad though as long as they are steadily improving the stability of the game/servers. I'm steadily building up my gear for my Bard and am now ilvl 75. I tried Turn 1 for the first time yesterday and fought the snakes. It seems like a really easy mechanics fight, but my group just couldn't do it.

They were all very helpful to me as a new comer and I really appreciate playing with people like that. Next time I get there I will be victorious lol. I also unlocked Garuda EX but I think I'll hold off trying that until I get a few more upgraded pieces. And last but not least, I finally obtained my Bard relic weapon. Feels good man! Can't wait for servers to come back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom