• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Random thought: I love levelling things (even if the process of levelling itself is quite mundane), so it seems like this game might be made for me. Gonna max EVERYTHING!

On that topic: Is crafting useful in the game? Do I need to be doing high end content to make anything useful?

Crafting is pretty useful until you start getting CT equipment since it lets you do some ilvl70 stuff that are often stronger than Darklight items.

Plus trying to craft HQ items is pretty fun.

WolvenOne

Hope these past two rounds of maintenance have finally fixed the servers. I'd really like to get Ifrit down tonight, and cruddy servers really makes that difficult. (Harder to find parties and such.)

BadRNG

On that topic: Is crafting useful in the game? Do I need to be doing high end content to make anything useful?
Currently, it's not overly useful. It's basically a money sink with very little pay off.

With the new recipes in 2.2 it may be a bit useful again, but that remains to be seen. In all likelihood it will be a repeat of 2.0 where the big draw is entry-level endgame gear that can be replaced quickly.

This is however a good time to be leveling crafts if you want to be. Most markets have crashed pretty hard so stuff is really cheap, you can power level very fast without paying too much.

desu

Coils drop is so fucked lol
I have not seen any monk armor dropped at all. Also blm's wand..and even drg's spear...we've got 2 bows, 1 axe, 1 sword, 2 monks weapons, 2 whm's canes, 2 summoners books, 2 scholars books...

I would really like to know how the drop chances for loot are calculated. By numbers it should be 12,5% for each item, but looking at how loot was distributed to groups over the last months this just doesn't seem to work out.

Our weapon distribution is okay, in about 14+ weeks we got every weapon at least once. Sadly we have doubles for jobs that nobody plays in coil (2x SMN/DRG). Took us 3 months to get the last weapon (bow for me).

Whats really shit is the 2nd chest with the other items, so we had Casting Choker 4 weeks in a row, 2 weeks in a row for Aiming Belt and Dragoon Boots. This week we even had the exact same loot as last week ...

I also know quite a few people that have similiar stories.

Just going by how weird SE's RNG for crafting/gathering is I wouldn't be suprised if they have some super fancy and weird mechanics for loot destribtuion.

I would really like to know how the drop chances for loot are calculated. By numbers it should be 12,5% for each item, but looking at how loot was distributed to groups over the last months this just doesn't seem to work out.

Our weapon distribution is okay, in about 14+ weeks we got every weapon at least one. Sadly we have doubles for weapons that nobody plays in coil (2x SMN/DRG). Took us 3 months to get the last weapon (bow for me).

Whats really shit is the 2nd chest with the other items, so we had Casting Choker 4 weeks in a row, 2 weeks in a row for Aiming Belt and Dragoon Boots. This week we even had the exact same loot as last week ...

I also know quite a few people that have similiar stories.

Just going by how weird SE's RNG for crafting/gathering is I wouldn't be suprised if they have some super fancy and weird mechanics for loot destribtuion.

For weapons I would say that seems off. For gear it would seem that casting, healing, and fending/tanking should have a higher drop % as you have 2 classes that use it over the one of drg, brd, and mnk

Tabris

So looks like servers still aren't fixed. People still getting 90k'd on Primal according to reddit comments.

Maybe I should just take a week off at launches. This is being caused by volume of people logged in due to Steam sale & users coming from having tried the PS4 beta.

aceface

So looks like servers still aren't fixed. People still getting 90k'd on Primal according to reddit comments.

Maybe I should just take a week off at launches. This is being caused by volume of people logged in due to Steam sale & users coming from having tried the PS4 beta.

When this happened at launch they limited logins. Will 1017 return???

Not going to lie, leveling SCH isn't half bad.
It's hell until you actually turn into SCH though.

Arcanist with all bonus points in Mind made me feel like hanging myself for 30 levels, specially since it was my first class and I couldn't just travel around and do FATEs lol

Stuart444

So I've been looking for Dragoon legs in CT for about a month now I think. Every Dragoon I come across in CT seems to have them but they never drop for me. I am beginning to wonder if the game picks up my name and makes sure the alliance I'm with doesn't drop it.

:(

frequency

It's hell until you actually turn into SCH though.

Arcanist with all bonus points in Mind made me feel like hanging myself for 30 levels, specially since it was my first class and I couldn't just travel around and do FATEs lol

MND based ACN I found still did a lot more than a CNJ and the tank classes and was a lot faster at killing and never ran out of MP and never died to anything.

Not sure why you had such a hard time. SCH was actually slower and more painful than ACN to me due to the loss of a DPS pet.

frequency

couldnt you technically level up smn to 50 and still get sch 50?

Yes. You just need to do the Job Quests for AF and abilities. I switched from SCH to SMN for much of my out-of-dungeon leveling because SCH is so slow. I'd even choose ACN over SCH to level to 50 if you really don't want to do SMN.

MND based ACN I found still did a lot more than a CNJ and the tank classes and was a lot faster at killing and never ran out of MP and never died to anything.

Not sure why you had such a hard time. SCH was actually slower and more painful than ACN to me due to the loss of a DPS pet.
Yeah, but once you become SCH not only you start getting matched as a healer - which means 5 second duty queues - plus I found quest duties to be easier thanks to Cleric Stance.

It's just really painful to be matched as a DPS class that isn't getting DPS stats lol
I felt useless most of the time.

frequency

Yeah, but once you become SCH not only you start getting matched as a healer - which means 5 second duty queues - plus I found quest duties to be easier thanks to Cleric Stance.

It's just really painful to be matched as a DPS class that isn't getting DPS stats lol
I felt useless most of the time.

Ah I see. I didn't think about it from that perspective. I have spent 100% of the game playing with someone (who happens to play a tank) so I never had duty queue issues.

aceface

I did exactly one solo quest as SCH, so slow, switched to SMN for every one after that. Having your own personal tank is so useful for solo stuff too. Still go as a healer for dungeons though.

ViciousDS

Banned
what server is the most active for us GAF members? I kept seeing mentions of Ultros but not sure who we have the most dedicated members where, im starting fresh btw so I'm clean slate and don't want to be ignored XD

Authority

Banned
Sexy_Beast.png

/inlove.

ViciousDS

Banned
Nah, and honestly you'll be ahead of the people who start fresh when the PS4 version comes out so don't worry about it :p

cool, sent a message to maple cookie, no response must be in a dungeon or away.

Think he was the only one on from that list unless others are on different characters for an odd reason lol.

expel

Last night JP servers were a mess, went in coil turn 1, beat it and tried to exit to the hub to turn 2...the loading was unusually long, then boom 90000 error lol, then we tried to enter turn 2, dced again. Logged back in and we are in turn 2 cept for our summoner somehow stucked outside...so we decided to just go out of the coil and do treasure hunt...but noo the whole server crashed...haha that summed up the night for me

Sophia

Always hard dealing with that one member of the static group who's slightly too sensitive to take advice. Yet they desperately need it, yet nobody wants to offend them, yet nobody wants to LOSE them for the time being... Ugh.

aceface

For any new players in the Ultros guild please ask in FC chat if you need help with anything. Usually there's people willing to help, especially if you're going through stuff for the first time. I get the feeling that some people think they are bothering folks and don't want to ask. Like, someone will say "ugh, I've been waiting in df for 30 mins" and three people will immediately volunteer to help them. Sometimes everyone is busy but generally speaking you'll get parties by asking in FC chat quicker than you'll get them by queueing in df, especially if you are dps.

nikos

My Allagan Cane finally dropped from T5! Our SCH, who I always lose rolls to, including tonight in T4, wanted to Greed with me on it because he also has a WHM. Luckily, I actually won the roll and got it.

Too bad it'll probably be trash when 2.2 is released. Now what I really want is that black unicorn from Garuda that I've been farming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom