• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My Allagan Cane finally dropped from T5! Our SCH, who I always lose rolls to, including tonight in T4, wanted to Greed with me on it because he also has a WHM. Luckily, I actually won the roll and got it.

Too bad it'll probably be trash when 2.2 is released. Now what I really want is that black unicorn from Garuda that I've been farming for.

Never greed on your main class stuff man...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I know, it was ridiculous. Especially since he already has the SCH book, and WHM is my only class. We're a good group though, so it's cool.

Still, if he already had the book then it's only right that you get the WHM cane by default.

chrono01

Never greed on your main class stuff man...
Seriously. I mean, that's like rolling Greed on an item that you were desperately after for your main class, such as Allagan Rope Belt of Casting, instead of Need, when the whole group rolls Greed just for their off-classes. Who would ever do something like that? Who!?

...Wait, this brings back horrible...horrible memories. Thankfully, I still won the item, although I'm definitely a lot more careful these days on "carefully" hitting Need instead of Greed by mistake.

nikos

always need on healing belts

I haven't seen the belt yet, but will definitely be needing it. Until then, is the Myth belt worth it? I currently have the Royal Sash, my last i80 item. I like it for the DET though. I have an almost 100% DET build.

UrSuLeTzU

Twin kill #2:
DBgi0qq.jpg

YX90Vb8.jpg

2e8CWtX.png

T5 is officially on farm, w00t!

P.s: Felix and Kagari should feel bad.. since I got my weapon before them :p

Qvoth

Now what I really want is that black unicorn from Garuda that I've been farming for.

the way the japanese do their greed PTs in my server is you choose 1 thing you want to roll, and that includes the nightmare mount, and you set a max number of people that can roll (generally 2 per item)
for some reason the mount is always a free for all in english greed PTs
got mine last week

Atlantis

I bought this game when it released for Steam and have been absolutely addicted to it. My Conjurer has been at level 15 for almost three days because I'm having way to much fun leveling professions and other classes.

Number45

For any new players in the Ultros guild please ask in FC chat if you need help with anything. Usually there's people willing to help, especially if you're going through stuff for the first time. I get the feeling that some people think they are bothering folks and don't want to ask. Like, someone will say "ugh, I've been waiting in df for 30 mins" and three people will immediately volunteer to help them. Sometimes everyone is busy but generally speaking you'll get parties by asking in FC chat quicker than you'll get them by queueing in df, especially if you are dps.
Waiting until my KB turns up, but I will. Levelling a tank (13 GLA at the moment), and I know so little about the game I'm not sure pugging is my preferred introduction to dungeons.

I unlocked guildhests and guildleves last night. Leves are dailies (kind of), that I understand, are guildhests just dungeons? I didn't think they started until 15.

How do I get the GAF logo on my stuff? <3

Waiting until my KB turns up, but I will. Levelling a tank (13 GLA at the moment), and I know so little about the game I'm not sure pugging is my preferred introduction to dungeons.

I unlocked guildhests and guildleves last night. Leves are dailies (kind of), that I understand, are guildhests just dungeons? I didn't think they started until 15.

No, Guildhests aren't dungeons, but they do teach you a lot about how to play your class during different situations. They are mostly for 4 people apart from the last one which is 8.

Number45

You go to the home city of whatever grand company your faction represents. There's an NPC that can put it on stuff for you.
Nice, thanks. I have no idea what grand company we're a part of, but I'll find out soon enough. Will unlock the travel options soon enough.

EDIT: Wait, it's The Maelstrom isn't it? Remember seeing it on the company profile.

Nice, thanks. I have no idea what grand company we're a part of, but I'll find out soon enough. Will unlock the travel options soon enough.

EDIT: Wait, it's The Maelstrom isn't it? Remember seeing it on the company profile.

The FC is affiliated with Maelstrom but you can choose which of the 3 to join at level 20.

Yes, it's near the Adventurer's Guild, you can get there quickly by selecting Aftcastle on the Aethernet.

The person that puts the logo on your stuff is to the left of the counter, and it costs 100 gil per piece.

AkuMifune

Banned
So. I'll reach lvl. 30 tonight, I'm supposed to get my job right away instead of continuing on because I can level them together? Progress!

The one thing I still have issues with is the math on cloaks that don't let me wear a hat.

Had fun killing Odin with you guys on Ultros last night!*

* = I probably did no damage. :(

yaffi

Every time I see people posting a screenshot showing their UI as well, I always ask myself: do you not remap keys? All I ever see is skills mapped to 1-0.

That's how I mapped my keys:

Every time I see people posting a screenshot showing their UI as well, I always ask myself: do you not remap keys? All I ever see is skills mapped to 1-0.

Yeah, the default layout is a pain in the ass once you start getting a lot of skills. I pretty much changed all of my keybinds.

12345 alt+12345 for the first hotbar, ctrl+1234 alt+QWER for the second one, ' F and V for the few hotkeys I use on the third hotbar and the rest I save for stuff I can just click like Protect, putting Eos on obey/sic, etc.

yaffi

Yeah, the default layout is a pain in the ass once you start getting a lot of skills. I pretty much changed all of my keybinds.

12345 alt+12345 for the first hotbar, ctrl+1234 alt+QWER for the second one, ' F and V for the few hotkeys I use on the third hotbar and the rest I save for stuff I can just click like Protect, putting Eos on obey/sic, etc.

Interesting enough I have never ever mapped keys to alt/ctrl + key in any game. I just couldn't get used to it or I rather couldn't reach those combinations of keys fast enough.

Stuart444

Keyboard has arrived!

I assume it's just a case of hitting enter then typing into chat (PS3)?

Don't need to hit enter, just start typing or if you want to type to another channel hit /p (for party, replace p with the shortcut for the chat you want) to change chat channels or if you don't want to change chat channels properly, you can still type /p (again for party) and type the rest of your sentence there to send it to the /p chat.

It's a great way to send mts mind :p but yeah.

kirby2096

Interesting enough I have never ever mapped keys to alt/ctrl + key in any game. I just couldn't get used to it or I rather couldn't reach those combinations of keys fast enough.
Bind shift/ctrl to your side buttons on your mouse. I find that setup works better for me than using a MMO mouse, because of better tactile feedback (mech keyboard) and that playing for more than an hour gives me thumb fatigue.

Ctrl+numbers is way too umconfortable for me. I only use the first 3 because it's easier to get and I save it for stuff that I won't use that often like my buff macros. Any numbers past 5 are also hard for me to press while maintaining WASD movement.

Alt is pretty close to my thumb so after a while it becomes natural, and pressing Alt+keys near WASD works pretty well for me. I gotta work with that since I don't have a gaming mouse.

kirby2096

Ctrl+numbers is way too umconfortable for me. I only use the first 3 because it's easier to get and I save it for stuff that I won't use that often like my buff macros. Any numbers past 5 are also hard for me to press while maintaining WASD movement.

Alt is pretty close to my thumb so after a while it becomes natural, and pressing Alt+keys near WASD works pretty well for me. I gotta work with that since I don't have a gaming mouse.
Using alt would be a problem for my method because I sometimes switch targets while still holding a modifer down. Plus alt+r/s etc are the default chat channel shortcut keys and I like those the way they are.

Jayhawk

After almost a decade of FFXI, I've gotten used to ctrl+numbers for gameplay. :(

kierwynn

I keep all of my abilities mapped to the default 1-whatever, but that's only because I use all of my abilities from my mouse. If I used my keyboard, I'd definitely remap some stuff because reaching all the way across the keyboard for something seems like a pain. lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Cool. Will familiarise myself with the channels. /fc I already know.

Probably be a while before I stop trying WoW channel IDs. :p

yeah, I've picked up /fc, and I want to say the rest are standard (at least from FFXI Memory). /s is say, /p is party, /r was reply (I think), /t <name> was tell. Haven't tried linkshell (nor do I understand the reason to have both linkshells and Free Companies, besides the fact that FC's hold more people). /L was linkshell chat back in XI.

I rarely shouted/yelled, so I can't remember what the shorthand for that was.

Number45

yeah, I've picked up /fc, and I want to say the rest are standard (at least from FFXI Memory). /s is say, /p is party, /r was reply (I think), /t <name> was tell. Haven't tried linkshell (nor do I understand the reason to have both linkshells and Free Companies, besides the fact that FC's hold more people). /L was linkshell chat back in XI.

I rarely shouted/yelled, so I can't remember what the shorthand for that was.
Yeah I'm struggling with Linkshells as well. :s

Did one of the fates with a named enemy and had a friendly healer keep me up while I did my thing. Felt shitty not being able to communicate a simple thanks at the end of it, just stood there at the end looking awkward. Probably thought I was being rude. :'(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah I'm struggling with Linkshells as well. :s

Did one of the fates with a named enemy and had a friendly healer keep me up while I did my thing. Felt shitty not being able to communicate a simple thanks at the end of it, just stood there at the end looking awkward. Probably thought I was being rude. :'(

just wait till you get the mission to protect an NPC character as he makes he way across a map. Oh, and he only moves when you /beckon him. Then try to carry on a conversation in FC or party.

Isaccard

Logitech G600; everybody who's anybody has one

That and most people are probably clickers, not that it's a bad thing in this game thanks to the GCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom