• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

yeah, I did get that pretty early. Did have to give proper angles in XI, but not for the special enemy attacks, but to expose the backside of mobs to DPS players (Thief attacks is what I remember most, using 2 "tank" characters and using Sneak/Trick attack to swap up aggro)

Yeah. Try not to move the enemy around for no reason (some melee dps abilities require flank/back positioning). I discovered how annoying twitchy tanks are while leveling my drg. lol

WolvenOne

Yeah. Try not to move the enemy around for no reason (some melee dps abilities require flank/back positioning). I discovered how annoying twitchy tanks are while leveling my drg. lol

Yeah, discovered that recently myself. Granted I don't think I was especially twitchy before, but it's definitely taught me to make the slowest most minimal motions possible when dodging AoE's, in order to minimize the disruption to the DPSing.

Granted, it's extremely difficult to do that if you find yourself in the middle of several enemies AoE indicators simultaneously. The urge to leap out of harms way is compounded by the indecision over which direction is best to leap. XD

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well (so far), any time the mob starts an AOE attack, he's frozen in place during his casting, I wouldn't think you'd need to be concerned about being "twitchy"

What I figure, is, on the Straight Line/Quarter Circle attacks, get to the side edge to avoid the attack, and try to make it back to the center of that same spot once the attack is happening (if you're out of the indicator when the spell is starting the cast, it basically won't hurt you, even if you run back in there during the attack, right?)

The complete circle, I figure, just go backwards and get out of the area, then go straight back in.

How I've tried in XI games, is to have the rest of the party behind the mob, while I'm in the front. I imagine that's how it generally is in this game? Should give the most obvious clue if I'm losing aggro, by having it start to turn around away from me.

The Leviathan weapons look fucking cool. I hope they're actually worth getting unlike Ifrit and Garuda weapons.

Ermahgerd Lerviathan Lord of the Whorl

Dinjooh

Two questions:

If I buy this now on PC - I will have to buy it again on PS4 when that launches?

The character that I make on PC, I can play that same character on the PS4 version? (how does that work with trophies?)

Two questions:

If I buy this now on PC - I will have to buy it again on PS4 when that launches?

The character that I make on PC, I can play that same character on the PS4 version? (how does that work with trophies?)
Yes and yes. No idea how trophies will work, I'd figure you'd have to actually do the stuff on the PS4 - beat this dungeon, beat that boss, finish the story - to actually unlock them.

Sophia

Most trophies on PS4 will automatically unlock once anything related to the achievement is completed. Or at least that's how it works on PS3 currently.

WolvenOne

Yes, the Leviathan Weapons look darn cool, and I really do hope they're worth having, (if you already have level 90 weapons like the Zenith and Primal weapons)

WolvenOne

The weapons will drop from Hard Mode, which is part of the story... so I bet they will be i85 or something.

Are you sure about that? I'd thought I'd heard differently.

If so, what'd drop from Extreme Mode? Generally they want these fights to be farmed after all.

WolvenOne

ilvl 90+ necklace would be a good choice. The other ex primals have earrings, a ring and a bracelet.

Mmm, well only if it's indeed over level 90. With the lockout being lifted on Coil 1-5, I can't see anyone farming Leviathan Extreme for anything less than level 100 jewelry.

I doubt they'll be ilvl 85, otherwise why even bother - aside from Vanity that is?

My bet is that 2.2 will increase ilvl as a whole. We're getting more turns and dungeons, if they don't start being ilvl 95 upwards then they're pointless by default, specially considering Leviathan is supposed to be really fucking hard and it'll probably be extra hard for melee DPS jobs - good luck MNK players.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mmm, well only if it's indeed over level 90. With the lockout being lifted on Coil 1-5, I can't see anyone farming Leviathan Extreme for anything less than level 100 jewelry.

Even with the coil unlock people will likely still struggle to beat T4 and T5...

WolvenOne

Even with the coil unlock people will likely still struggle to beat T4 and T5...

Yeah, but a lot of the accessories for many classes are on Turns 1 and 2, which are easily farm-able.

Also, if Leviathan Extreme is indeed harder than Titan, I'm not sure I'd see any groups that can't clear T4 clearing LeviEX.

You're right about T5 of course, but, does any jewelry even drop in T5?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, but a lot of the accessories for many classes are on Turns 1 and 2, which are easily farm-able.

Also, if Leviathan Extreme is indeed harder than Titan, I'm not sure I'd see any groups that can't clear T4 clearing LeviEX.

You're right about T5 of course, but, does any jewelry even drop in T5?

Yep.

And Leviathan Extreme will probably drop a neck piece or something.

WolvenOne

Well, if the weapon isn't the reward for LeviEX, I'd vote a ilvl100 item for that fight, and an iLvl100 Belt for MogEx, that makes the Kupo noise whenever you jump.

BadRNG

Worst "battle preview" ever. A single picture of the boss, and...that's it? No ilevel requirement, no real shots of the actual fight. Wish the live letter was sooner, want to see some actual footage of the fight like the quick clips they did for the extreme trio before 2.1.

As for the drop talk, pretty sure Yoshida said the extreme version would drop weapons. We don't know ilevels but I'd expect i95 or i100 at least. If HM has weapons too then i85 could work I guess, but I don't know why they'd add an i85 set when they are removing myth cap. i90 is basically becoming the new DL. Whether or not EX is i95 or i100 would probably depend on what ilevel the new coil stuff is. I don't expect Leviathan to be harder than Twintania, so it could be used as a stepping stone to get you a weapon for the new turns. (And even if you do have Twin on farm who wants to farm a 11-13 minute fight?)

BadRNG

Most of the population probably hasn't even beat HM Titan
Exactly my point.

I mean I've seen DF runs that struggle with normal mode Titan. Some people are just beyond hope.

edits- This reminds me of that cool census thing they did that showed average level/class ratios/etc. I'd love to get an updated version of that sometime.

aceface

With coil going on DF with echo buff everyone should have Allagan weapons by the next patch (well theoretically...lol). So I could see Leviathan weapons as being the equivalent at i95 and new coil (turn 9) weapons being i100.

Stuart444

I'm looking forward to Leviathan regardless of what he drops. He looks so cool :D

Also not sure if this is posted yet but unofficial translation of famitsu interview:

Link

Xux

I'm looking forward to Leviathan regardless of what he drops. He looks so cool :D

Also not sure if this is posted yet but unofficial translation of famitsu interview:

Link
F: Will FFXIV ARR cover and reveal story that wasn’t really talked over enough in previous FFXIV?

Y: Things that aren’t inside the current FFXIV are the parts I chose to drop, so in general we won’t go deeper regarding these later on. Although, I think we should go over the story surround F'lhaminn and the scenario surrounding Niellefresne. But even if we officially chose to do so, it’ll be further out in future to release this.
Nuuu....

BadRNG

With coil going on DF with echo buff everyone should have Allagan weapons by the next patch (well theoretically...lol).
If the echo buffs work the same way they do for quests, then a lot of people will still have issue with Twintania unless they adjust some of the mechanics. Supposedly they don't plan to do that, but they already went against that by stealth nerfing snake HP so who knows what they will do.

I could see them removing the 9999 damage from hitting the wall, slowing dread a bit, and maybe making twisters a set damage if you trigger one rather than instakill. That'd probably make it doable for most pugs.

Jomjom

Banned
Finally got lucky last night and got 3 randoms who could actually dodge and do more than 100 dps in Titan Extreme! Finally beat it!

WTF is Ifrit EX so easy compared to Titan EX?

sunnz

What's the best way to get better weapons?

One of my first MMOs, a lot to get used to but I am enjoying it quite a lot.
Would it be wise to switch to KB/M, i find the controller ok so far to use ( on ps4)
Nothing beats a giant turtle killing you.

Would it be wise to switch to KB/M, i find the controller ok so far to use ( on ps4)

Other than hoping for drops from dungeons, just buy a HQ weapon off the markets every 7-10 levels or so.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

If you want to save gil and somehow can FATE farm (you will with the influx of new PS4 users), get the Grand Company Weapons

Right now a lot of PS4 users are playing FFXIV as it was for us on release week
Hit FATE's really hard, I saw level 20's running around recently
If they ingrain in their heads and not try to be dungeon all the time, it will be very beneficial to them

I'm 1200 Node hits away from getting my Gold Axe for Botany, to go along with the Pick-Axe from Mining, then it's the dreaded Gold Fishing Rod that will be the end of me >_<

So much useless fish get caught, also double mooching is hilarious and the fish outcomes you get

Zomba13

If you're ok with the pad then it's fine. That's what I use. Only problems I have with it were the auto-run when adjusting camera (fixed now) and the occasional disconnect (my problem, not games).

Get better weapons from dungeons/class quests mainly. Not much use buying one while leveling up. Once at lvl cap get better weapon from AK/WP or give HM primals a go then work on your Relic weapon.

Can also get one from the Grand Company if you have enough seals. GC equips last a fair few levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom