• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so used to healing Haukke Manor HM on my nearly max level healer but trying to do it as an i68 healer is uhhh, a bit rough but I kinda find it fun. It was getting boring doing it as max level healer because it was getting too easy at times.

In other news, WTB better running animation for midlander hyur female.

expel

When we had to get a replacement dps on Tuesday, he told us he'd never done rot before, even though he was pretty geared. We made sure he knew what to do and it went fine. It's not a hard fight overall, it just has a lot less error tolerance than "attack enemy and AOE heal" so I'm not surprised people would still be doing enrage. I'd be curious to find out whether the enrage strategy is popular on the JP servers.
I'm playing JP server Durandal and i can say that sometime i see ppl shouting for it. Personally i have never done coils with pugs tho.

expel

27 weeks, 30+ clears.

Finally saw monk pants drop in turn 1 this week for the first time.

One piece (body) away from full allagan set.
Me too...i only need monk allagan body for my monk. Then i heard someone in our LS said that monk's body has been dropping for his group 4 weeks in a row..wtf....

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watching this for tips since I've not done EX primals yet. Titan EX looks nuts.

Learn Pattern, Learn Positioning, Win!

Titan Ex only huge downfall is the knock-off arena mechanic which gets compounded by the smaller area to work with that's all
If a healer dies or gets knocked off, it's almost a wipe, or even 2+ DPS biting it at any phase

Once you learn Pattern, not really hard to memorize, then Positioning becomes hella easier cause you anticipate the moves coming and adjusting accordingly

Jayhawk

Help me decide how to next spend my myth tomes on SCH please!

Current Gear:
Weapon: Omnilex
Head: Vanya Hat of Healing with capped crit and det meld
Body: Myth
Hands: CT
Waist: Darklight
Legs: CT
Feet: Darklight
Neck: Darklight
Other Accessories: Crafted i70 with crit melded

I wouldn't likely get healing gear from my coil group until 2.2. My plan was to Zenith the Omnilex and then get myth belt, and then some more accessories. Now I am thinking about waiting on getting Zenith.

BadRNG

I wouldn't likely get healing gear from my coil group until 2.2. My plan was to Zenith the Omnilex and then get myth belt, and then some more accessories. Now I am thinking about waiting on getting Zenith.
Get Zenith! Get it now.

Weapon damage is just as important for healers as it is for DPS, it has a big effect on your healing. Unless you have access to the EX primal weapon, it should be your first myth upgrade.

Current Gear:

try to get ultima neck and ex primal accessories. I wouldn't rush Zenith over just getting the ilvl 90 EX primal weapon if you can. Spending the myth elsewhere sounds like a better investment than doing Zenith.

all the old running animations are complete crap. you'll have to pick a new race combo if you prefer something that doesn't look like a stiff stick-figure.

Teknoman

What's the best way to get better weapons?

One of my first MMOs, a lot to get used to but I am enjoying it quite a lot.
Would it be wise to switch to KB/M, i find the controller ok so far to use ( on ps4)
Nothing beats a giant turtle killing you.

Controller works fine, you'll want a keyboard to talk to people of course.

Stuart444

So tried Garuda Extreme with most of the group from the FC apart from one pug tank who did alright.

First few attempts were simple learning how to deal with the first few phases.

Eventually we got to the rocks are gone phase and we got so close to beating him. Final phase where he just repeats his cycle but something happened (I don't even remember what now) causing a wipe. Felt like we got robbed there. so close.

Second time at the after rocks are gone phase, we wiped again. I also found out that I died to wicked wheel. (I somehow avoided it the first time we got to here) and learned how/when to avoid it thanks to some helpful advice after that.

Final wipe at the same phase: We were doing so well but spiny accidentally got killed. A few of us had to go then so we called it there.

Great learning experience though. Should be able to down Ruru next time :D

Current Gear:

Personally on my scholar I went Zenith but then regretted it and wished I had gone body or legs instead. After that I did weekly crystal tower to get next biggest upgrade over my vanya gear while spending myth on accessories (cause I wasn't willing to farm primals for them).

I'd say that whether you get zenith or upgrade some of your armour would depend on what you think is limiting your play at the moment. If you're dying to stomps in titan then prioritise armour over weapon.

klee123

Managed to get my second relic (WHM) today thanks to a few friends. Funny that it only took me like 40 minutes to beat all 3 primals this time lol.

Next up, BARD!

Apoptomon

Got thaumaturge to 30 and unlocked Black Mage (yay) just in time for university and related commitments to kick back into gear on Monday (aww).

Also, just saw this on the Lodestone:
Square Enix said:
03/01/2014 5:41 PM
[Maintenance] All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 3)
At the following time, in order to enhance infrastructure as a countermeasure against heavy load, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
* The World transfer service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.
[Date & Time]
Mar. 3, 2014 from 7:00 to 11:00 (GMT)
*Completion time may be subject to change.
[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

... "Countermeasure against heavy load", huh? Preparation for an influx of post-beta PS4 players and other players returning for patch 2.2? This may be a biased observation, but Primal data center (Ultros's) at least, often seems to have "technical difficulties" with the instance servers, so if this maint is about strengthening that, then it'd be very welcome.

Why the fuck can I only pay with my credit card by starting an automatic renewal and then cancelling it right afterwards, smh

Current Gear:

Save up for Myth pants, I guess?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Got thaumaturge to 30 and unlocked Black Mage (yay) just in time for university and related commitments to kick back into gear on Monday (aww).

Also, just saw this on the Lodestone:

... "Countermeasure against heavy load", huh? Preparation for an influx of post-beta PS4 players and other players returning for patch 2.2? This may be a biased observation, but Primal data center (Ultros's) at least, often seems to have "technical difficulties" with the instance servers, so if this maint is about strengthening that, then it'd be very welcome.
Wow what a terrible time for that. Fix this shit sooner Yoshida.

King_Moc

Banned
I've moved over to Ultros and put an application into the Guildwork site. Just trying to find a gaffer in game so I can apply there. Is anyone around?

Edit: That was quick, thanks!

Authority

Banned
Unless you want to start collecting stuff for the Vanity system, the things you get in dungeons will get obsolete after a few hours.

The dungeons themselves are worth farming for XP though.

Thanks for the information.

I really love the economy here on Ragnarok. It seems quite an expensive server with some items which is good to make a few profits here and there, while at the same time gear for my level so far is quite cheap. Already got everything for my level as a 35.

Also my FC has expanded and everybody seems to get along fine.

aceface

Personally on my scholar I went Zenith but then regretted it and wished I had gone body or legs instead. After that I did weekly crystal tower to get next biggest upgrade over my vanya gear while spending myth on accessories (cause I wasn't willing to farm primals for them).

I'd say that whether you get zenith or upgrade some of your armour would depend on what you think is limiting your play at the moment. If you're dying to stomps in titan then prioritise armour over weapon.

I'm trying to make this decision with SCH as well, basically to spend my 900 myth on the body piece or go for Zenith. People the in the FC had convinced me to go with Zenith but I haaaaate hate hate the DL cowl so it's clouding my judgement. I have the CT head and if I could get the CT body it would be fine but lord knows it will probably take forever to drop which means I'll have to farm CT..ugh.

Edit: next letter from the producer live is March 21st so 2.2 is probably going to be the end of March. Hoping for earlier, oh well.

Authority

Banned
I have been waiting for a tank for 45m and then he dies at one boss and rage quits. The timer is still running which is unfair and also the fact that we cannot report that tank.

So we are inside a dungeon waiting for another tank.

What the fuck, seriously.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I have been waiting for a tank for 45m and then he dies at one boss and rage quits. The timer is still running which is unfair and also the fact that we cannot report that tank.

That tank will have a 30 minute penalty for bailing.

Authority

Banned
That tank will have a 30 minute penalty for bailing.

What about if the same tank does it on another Dungeon?

I would have liked a system of maybe giving - points if the whole group agreed to give - to that particular person and not because for example "He had to log out" or some real life issues. I mean alright the tank is penalized but our timer still runs. It is not something we can 3-man it.

Don't you think a different system needs to be placed?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Wow what a terrible time for that. Fix this shit sooner Yoshida.

Really? Seems like a decent time to me. I mean that translates to 11:00 p.m. tomorrow night to 3:00 a.m monday morning (PST). We're usually down to ~20 people or less in the FC by that time of night. Hell I can't think of any coil groups that raid that late besides mine.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What about if the same tank does it on another Dungeon?

I would have liked a system of maybe giving - points if the whole group agreed to give - to that particular person and not because for example "He had to log out" or some real life issues. I mean alright the tank is penalized but our timer still runs. It is not something we can 3-man it.

Don't you think a different system needs to be placed?

Did you guys try to replenish the ranks? And what dungeon is it? I agree the punishment for abandoning should be more harsh... there is a commendation system in place but it doesn't really tell you what a player's been like as far as handling group situations and it doesn't stop people from repeating the same behaviors either...

Authority

Banned
Did you guys try to replenish the ranks? And what dungeon is it? I agree the punishment for abandoning should be more harsh... there is a commendation system in place but it doesn't really tell you what a player's been like as far as handling group situations and it doesn't stop people from repeating the same behaviors either...

It was for the Sunken Temple of Qarn, level 35 Dungeon and unfortunately we didn't find a replacement. It was a shame really because our healer was really helpful and made me understand what I had to do exactly with the boss.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've moved over to Ultros and put an application into the Guildwork site. Just trying to find a gaffer in game so I can apply there. Is anyone around?

Edit: That was quick, thanks!

Yeah, I keep getting surprised by how often I see the GAF name pop up in towns. Running by 4+ different people, I usually try to /wave as I run by.

Think I bought this on late monday, and I've managed to put in 30 hours, and I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally fall asleep for a few hours while logged in...

gryvan

What level are you? I can help with a dungeon as a tank if you need

Teknoman

I just want to know more about why the Ascian before Dalamud looked all grim reaperish. Also they need to kick it up a notch with the chronicles of a new era...but I guess thats hitting with the intro of Leviathan.

WolvenOne

Question, which of the Extreme Primal Weapons are actually pretty decent? I keep hearing that a lot of them are considerably worse than the Zenith Weapons, and some are even inferior to the base Relic weapons.

Gonna start the second round at the Extreme Primal Quest soon, but I'd like to know if any of the weapons aside from the Axe are actually worth the effort. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom