• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, which of the Extreme Primal Weapons are actually pretty decent? I keep hearing that a lot of them are considerably worse than the Zenith Weapons, and some are even inferior to the base Relic weapons.

Gonna start the second round at the Extreme Primal Quest soon, but I'd like to know if any of the weapons aside from the Axe are actually worth the effort. XD

I know the monk one is better than +1, the Axe is also pretty decent, BLM shield is best in slot for 1 handed weapons, and I see alot of people with the bow. All of them are fine vs spending 900 myth vs zenith. Best to spend that myth on the gear first, if you are new.

Riposte

So why are you still playing the game...?

I'm not currently paying for it, though I plan on coming back to take a look through all the new content (especially story updates) at some point. I really like the world, maybe my favorite FF one, but it deserves way better (i.e., what they had going pre-ARR).

Allagan Blade obtained!

UiPw9fs.png

BadRNG

Question, which of the Extreme Primal Weapons are actually pretty decent? I keep hearing that a lot of them are considerably worse than the Zenith Weapons, and some are even inferior to the base Relic weapons.

Gonna start the second round at the Extreme Primal Quest soon, but I'd like to know if any of the weapons aside from the Axe are actually worth the effort. XD
I don't know of any that are worse than base relic, maybe there's an argument for Curtana since Break Blade's secondary stats are awful for tanking and threat shouldn't really be an issue. But that's the only case I think, as for heal/dps the weapon damage increase is too big to ignore and is the main reason people go Zenith. Onion Shield is pretty awesome though, l prefer it over Allagan or Holy shields.

MNK, WAR, BRD if your accuracy can take the hit, and BLM weapons are all great. SMN is ok if you are accuracy starved, but if you don't need the accuracy it's worse. All the others are inferior to Zenith to varying degrees. However if it's for not for your main and you want to save the myth then it's still a good upgrade for every class over base relic(with the PLD sword case being a possible exception).

You don't need to spend the marks right away, so you can just save them until you level up a class that needs and decide from there.

I had a strange twilight zone moment this morning. I logged into my legacy character on a Japanese server and saw someone running around with a GAF tag. I checked it out and..

Upqp6QC.png

WolvenOne

I don't know of any that are worse than base relic, maybe there's an argument for Curtana since Break Blade's secondary stats are awful for tanking and threat shouldn't really be an issue. But that's the only case I think, as for heal/dps the weapon damage increase is too big to ignore and is the main reason people go Zenith. Onion Shield is pretty awesome though, l prefer it over Allagan or Holy shields.

MNK, WAR, BRD if your accuracy can take the hit, and BLM weapons are all great. SMN is ok if you are accuracy starved, but if you don't need the accuracy it's worse. All the others are inferior to Zenith to varying degrees. However if it's for not for your main and you want to save the myth then it's still a good upgrade for every class over base relic(with the PLD sword case being a possible exception).

You don't need to spend the marks right away, so you can just save them until you level up a class that needs and decide from there.

Well, I'm going to have DRG at fifty before long here. I might have enough Allagan armor and Myth, and CT gear to get above iLVL80 and still have Myth leftover for my Relic. However, part of me would just assume get full iLvl90 armor and accessories before laying down 900 Tomes on my Relic. <_<

BadRNG

Well, I'm going to have DRG at fifty before long here. I might have enough Allagan armor and Myth, and CT gear to get above iLVL80 and still have Myth leftover for my Relic. However, part of me would just assume get full iLvl90 armor and accessories before laying down 900 Tomes on my Relic. <_<
I'd just get Holy Lance then and spend your other myth on gear.

Zenith may have better secondary stat allocation but it's hard to pass up all the extra strength/other stats you can get with that same myth. When you take weapon damage/main stats out of the equation(as EX primal weapons are identical here) the myth cost for Zenith becomes a lot less appealing.

Authority

Banned
What level are you? I can help with a dungeon as a tank if you need

I appreciate the offer but I saw your post late!

Second run we had a warrior but he rage quit as well with the others but with the third one I had a great run even though our first healer went offline for some reason. Just really so unlucky with that dungeon considering I have been waiting for 45m for the first two runs and 20m for the third one. All well and good in the end.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I appreciate the offer but I saw your post late!

Second run we had a warrior but he rage quit as well with the others but with the third one I had a great run even though our first healer went offline for some reason. Just really so unlucky with that dungeon considering I have been waiting for 45m for the first two runs and 20m for the third one. All well and good in the end.

A lot of people don't like Qarn... well, I don't either lol.

Astra

Finished my first dungeon today with two friends and a random from Duty Finder.
Was concerned about it, since I've been hearing bad things about people being paired with douchebags using the duty finder, but thought I would give it a shot. Ended up with a very nice guy.

Dungeon wasn't too much of a challenge, until the last boss fight with those enemies spawning. Until we realized we could stop them, then the battle was easy stuff.

Next time, I'll put out a call to the GAF FC for a dungeon, though, as I'd love to join up with some gaffers.

Eccocid

Hiya Gaf!

Been itching for a mmorpg and finally decided to get back to FFXIV again. I played v1 couple of months back then. Now i got a new mac and installed windows via bootcamp and bought RR. Still downloading. I am wondering if there a big patch after the game finishes downloading? (&#305; bought it from Steam).

Also which server has the most Gaf users? I am from EU zone (gmt +2).
And one more question are servers multiregional like in FFXI? Japan, Eu and Us are all in same servers?

Thanks!

dramatis

Hiya Gaf!

Been itching for a mmorpg and finally decided to get back to FFXIV again. I played v1 couple of months back then. Now i got a new mac and installed windows via bootcamp and bought RR. Still downloading. I am wondering if there a big patch after the game finishes downloading? (&#305; bought it from Steam).

Also which server has the most Gaf users? I am from EU zone (gmt +2).
And one more question are servers multiregional like in FFXI? Japan, Eu and Us are all in same servers?

Thanks!
There will be huge patch, you're probably at that stage now if not past it.

You're free to play on whatever server you choose, but certain servers are recommended for certain regions, so it's not entirely multiregional but also not completely isolated.

For recommendations for servers, it might be more beneficial to you to play on EU server even if the most populous GAF presence isn't there. It's just time difference.

Eccocid

Er.. i finished downloading and launched it from Steam.

The launcer opens with a msg which says i need to set up an account and tells me to follow on screen instructions. There is only one button "NEXT" and nothing happens when i click. Ugh.

Xux

This kills my already low interest in the game's plot.
I'm not currently paying for it, though I plan on coming back to take a look through all the new content (especially story updates) at some point. I really like the world, maybe my favorite FF one, but it deserves way better (i.e., what they had going pre-ARR).
Well, 2.1 references 1.0 pretty heavily...almost to a point where that interview quote seems like a total contradiction, lol.
I just want to know more about why the Ascian before Dalamud looked all grim reaperish. Also they need to kick it up a notch with the chronicles of a new era...but I guess thats hitting with the intro of Leviathan.
Elidibus says his appearance is just an approximation so maybe they'll look more like the 1.0 Ascians as our Echo develops.

Eccocid

Arrrghh this is so annoying. I updated IE to 11 and installed all windows 7 updates (it was a fresh install) and tried to play the game again. Nope i cant click to NEXT button at launcher. A google search pointed out that it is something to do with scripts and IE. I tried to enable scripts passed ot next screen where i pick up an account name etc.. But couldnt go further then that!

Jayhawk

Damn DPS in Titan Extreme pugs can't dodge for shit. There goes my plan to get primal extreme SCH book. I guess I'll be saving up myths for zenith!

Teknoman

I had a strange twilight zone moment this morning. I logged into my legacy character on a Japanese server and saw someone running around with a GAF tag. I checked it out and..

Upqp6QC.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II2lPcQSzPU

Well, 2.1 references 1.0 pretty heavily...almost to a point where that interview quote seems like a total contradiction, lol.Elidibus says his appearance is just an approximation so maybe they'll look more like the 1.0 Ascians as our Echo develops.

Peering through the veil...I like it!

Raijinken

We're in the month of 2.2, so I was definitely ready to give up but I'm very happy I've managed to get her down before the big patch, and that's all I really wanted at this point. Getting a healing weapon or pants before the next update would be nice too but getting into turn 6-9 is what I really wanted. :) (You're suppose to defeat Twintania in order to progress, right?)

imWCsoi0uXMA1.jpg

I can't thank the members of the ZR free company enough for our kill today.
i18VNooFBO6yA.jpg

I'd quote you all, but that takes too much time! Thanks, guys. It really is a fun fight. Well, now I'm prepared for the later turns of Coil when 2.2 hits. Excited to see what kind of brutal content lies ahead.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Haha Congrats DT, you deserve it man

We were just talking about our woes on EscapinJail's stream lol about Turn 5

Hopefully this upcoming week or next week, my group pushing hard to get it done before nerf bat comes into play

get it done before nerf bat comes into play

Already feels like it is in play. Snake went down super fast this week even though I fucked up my rotation. Icons are much bigger as well. Also Twin isn't turning every time she casts her hells in the final phase making it easier to do positional attacks.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I'm talking about the full nerf, when buffs come into play, when mistakes will not even matter, I mean by Week 4-7 most will be on Turn 5 super farm status

Dunkelgrau

I switched from PS3 to PC yesterday: What a huge difference!
It is nearly another game. I see things now, animations and so on, that I didn’t recognized before.

Ken

Well I'm talking about the full nerf, when buffs come into play, when mistakes will not even matter, I mean by Week 4-7 most will be on Turn 5 super farm status

eh, with 2.1 class buffs and 2.16 twin nerfs it's already babby mode twin right now with groups clearing it even with 2-3+ weakness debuff.

i'm expecting 2.2 to only help loosen the gear requirement for t5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom