• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcye

Uhhh did I fuck up by not including <GAF> in my character's name? I saw so many people with that tonight ha.

Edit: or is that something else, like a clan?

Hahahah.

I'm not being an elitist or a dick or anything, I was the same when I first started playing the game. Just made me laugh so hard. Those were good times. innocent times.

Noi

My coil group only got 90k'd once the moment we first tried to go in. Tried a second time right after and it was smooth sailing.

Number45

Just realized the Limit Break is shared among the party. I've been such an asshole.
First time I entered a party at least a hundred help windows popped up and I closed them all without reading them. Really need to go back and read up on them.

Is there a way to go back to those without having to guess which ones would have popped up? List by the time encountered for example?

Naar

I just tried to login and it kept saying my password is incorrect. I tried 3 times and same error.

I was using it fine yesterday and i didnt change anything before. Any idea what to do? I use 1 time password all the time as well.

EDIT:

I just tried changing my password and it keeps saying my 1 time password is incorrect when i try to change my password.

Any idea whats going on?

EDIT2:

The problem seems to be from the one time password thing. The error says i cant use only numbers or only alphabets in the password, but the only thing the one time password gives you is 6 digits....I have no clue what to do.

Also if I wasnt successful in changing my password then my old password should stay the same right?

Number45

I wish blacklisting someone would blacklist their entire account and not just the character.

Fuck these spambots.
Should allow custom blacklists so that you can filter by URL.

EDIT: Does anyone know if it's possible to sync hotbars between PC/PS3. Levelling on one and then having to manually bring everything in line on the other sucks. :(

kierwynn

For Ultros? Apply on http://neogaf.guildwork.com/ and when accepted send a tell to any of the FC leaders that are currently on.

You actually don't even need to send us a tell anymore. Just put in an in game application with the FC (as well as one on guildworks) and when we accept your app on guildworks, we'll accept your in game app as well and it'll auto let you into the FC. Now, if you want to send us a tell that's fine, but a lot of us have been very busy and this way you can get accepted and join even if you can't catch any leaders on.

Number45

http://eorzeareborn.com/part-content-in-ffxivarr/

For those new to MMOs, this is a great simple rundown of the basics of grouping. I'm not new to MMOs (new to FF14), but there's still a lot of useful information in here and some UI stuff that I wasn't aware of (probably hidden in those skipped help texts).

Also appears to have links to a guide for each of the dungeons in the game (I've only done Sastasha), which is nice.

btkadams

My apologies to the folks that I was in CT with last night with my D/C there. Internet dropped out, presumably from an outage or maintanence or some such BS from my ISP, but yeah. Sorry! >.<

For Ultros? Apply on http://neogaf.guildwork.com/ and when accepted send a tell to any of the FC leaders that are currently on.

You actually don't even need to send us a tell anymore. Just put in an in game application with the FC (as well as one on guildworks) and when we accept your app on guildworks, we'll accept your in game app as well and it'll auto let you into the FC. Now, if you want to send us a tell that's fine, but a lot of us have been very busy and this way you can get accepted and join even if you can't catch any leaders on.
Ok, I plan on doing it tonight. Thanks guys!

Authority

Banned
Can someone please explain to me when exactly to use Limit Break or when do I know that another party member is using it?

I was raged once for not using Limit Break because I didn't know when to use it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Can someone please explain to me when exactly to use Limit Break or when do I know that another party member is using it?

I was raged once for not using Limit Break because I didn't know when to use it.

I don't even know HOW to use it, but I saw my tank pull one off and it looked pretty bad ass.

I don't even know HOW to use it, but I saw my tank pull one off and it looked pretty bad ass.
Open the actions menu, drag the Limit Break button to your hotbar.

It depends on the boss. On most bosses, the Melee LB (MNK, DRG) is reserved for the finishing blow. If the boss has many ads, a Caster LB (BLM, SMN) might be used to clear them all. In difficult fights when everyone but the Healer LB (WHM, SCH, BRD) users are dead, it can bring everyone back up from certain wipe.
If the tank uses LB, there's something wrong.

When it's used, you will hear a very loud noise, the limit break bar will flash, and the party will jump and cheer.

dramatis

In most of the low level dungeons though, priority for LB is probably

Monk/Dragoon > Black Mage/Summoner

If you are in party with 2 Bards, then the tank gets to use LB. lol

Zalasta

To be honest, I've always see LB as more of an "oh crap" thing to bail you out of a fight. It's hardly ever necessary in any of the regular dungeons, not enough to make it a big deal over it.

Aeana

To be honest, I've always see LB as more of an "oh crap" thing to bail you out of a fight. It's hardly ever necessary in any of the regular dungeons, not enough to make it a big deal over it.
I feel like the amount of times LB has been an "oh crap" button for me adds up to like 1% of all times, if that. And that would be the healer LB, especially LB3. In most cases, the melee DPS will just use it when it's up for a damage boost.

Tabris

The only times when I see an LB poorly used is Ultima HM by tank or DPS waiting too long to use it (i.e. at 5% health when the LB does 10% damage kind of deal)

Healer LB3 seems like such a troll at times, but that probably because I've only used it in the HM Titan fight and he always follows up with plumes, making it useless. This also goes for BRD LB3...though that one was actually useful one time.

dark_chris

It depends on the boss. On most bosses, the Melee LB (MNK, DRG) is reserved for the finishing blow. If the boss has many ads, a Caster LB (BLM, SMN) might be used to clear them all. In difficult fights when everyone but the Healer LB (WHM, SCH, BRD) users are dead, it can bring everyone back up from certain wipe.

When it's used, you will hear a very loud noise, the limit break bar will flash, and the party will jump and cheer.

Actually, a tank LB is preferred during the
Ultima Weapon HM
battle, and if a party has two bards and one healer in a dungeon.

Actually, a tank LB is preferred during the
Ultima Weapon HM
battle, and if a party has two bards and one healer in a dungeon.
I didn't think it was worth it to mention that one instance. Funny thing is that my first clear was without LB. Poor Bard...

I forgot about the bards, yeah. I never ran into that situation before :p

Authority

Banned

Oh that makes now perfect sense. Thanks for the information.

This Solemn Trinity through Duty Finder is such a fucking pain in the ass.

So far here are the results of 72m waiting,

2 tanks 0 healers 4 DPS
0 tanks 2 healers 4 DPS
1 tank 1 healer 4 DPS

Trying again right now and still waiting. They need to do something with so many people withdrawing, particularly when we are missing only two people.

Naar

I contacted SE support and got my login/password issue fixed and it seemed that my security token was malfunctioning.

How is that even possible? SE un registered my token and i had to re install it and then everything went back to normal

anyone else notice astrolabe being suddenly popular on their server? i see 3-5 people buying one every few hours. they make their purchase only minutes apart, which is highly suspicious. is there a new exploit somewhere or is it they new weapon of choice for gold farmers?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fuck Yes!, Finally done
Axe of the Luminary Get!
2/3 Gathering Gold Items completed

mzcYd7Wl.jpg

qo0lRgVl.jpg

dBzXroZl.jpg

51mRvfwl.jpg

wpQr5JSl.jpg

igQYdRZl.jpg

pFDZlkGl.jpg

jVgj6Sjl.jpg

tekjlwcl.jpg