• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

JP20140224_1.jpg

datass.jpg

Authority

Banned
Holy mother, you are a life savior.

Thanks so much.

One more question.

From this list,

http://www.gameskinny.com/b2zr9/ffxiv-food-guide-with-stats-for-gathering-classes

Which is the best food for fishing?

Jack-o'-lantern (Price at vendor: 16 gil)
Perception +6% (Max. 6)
EXP Bonus +3%
Obtained via: Alehouse Wench (Central Thanalan 19,20), Gerulf (Limsa
Lominsa Lower Decks 8,11), Katherine (Ul'dah - Steps of Thal 13,9), Sasamero
(Old Gridania 14,8); cooking (Level 10)

This one?

aceface

I'm totally going to end up shelling out for the PS4 CE with all the trinkets since the ps3 price does not seem to be coming down in the US. How are the trinkets anyways?

Wilsongt

Well, I think I got the furthest with a group on Ruda EX last night that I ever had. We actually made it through the very first tornado phase and into the second time Ruda moves to the middle of the ring alone to summon spiny. Most of us were dead by then, though.

I'm never going to beat her. ;.;

WolvenOne

Well, I think I got the furthest with a group on Ruda EX last night that I ever had. We actually made it through the very first tornado phase and into the second time Ruda moves to the middle of the ring alone to summon spiny. Most of us were dead by then, though.

I'm never going to beat her. ;.;

Once you're in the center a second time, you've seen the whole fight. Just a matter of polishing for consistency by that point.

Stuart444

I'm determined to beat Garuda EX at some point soon. She's easy enough once you know the fight. It's all about finding a group that knows the fight to help lol.

WolvenOne

I'm determined to beat Garuda EX at some point soon. She's easy enough once you know the fight. It's all about finding a group that knows the fight to help lol.

Well, come 2.2, once level 100 and 110 level equipment is made available, it'll be much easier to find people that can beat the Extreme Primals. I mean, already, if you have a group of players whom are all near ilvl90, and can use their classes effectively, the various Primals health just pours off. Once the average iLvl is above that, the fights will become shorter still, and the mechanics will become a lot more forgiving.

Granted, it'll be far less of an accomplishment by that point, but still.

WolvenOne

I wonder at what point will our HP exceed the one shot's

A lot of the one shots can already be survived, under certain conditions. Granted, I'm fairly certain you mean, without use of Tank LB3, Thrill of Battle, Holmgang, or a metric ton of damage mitigation. XD

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just started playing. Any Gaffer near Gridania so I can put in an application to join Gather Against Fate?

My character's name is Ranketsu Jaeger.

BadRNG

I wonder at what point will our HP exceed the one shot's
You mean like the supers ala Ifrit and Titan? You can actually survive them under certain conditions already, but the boss will be like "lol, nope' and recast it until you're dead.

IMBored

Because of the PS4 beta I'm thinking of getting the PS3 CE . I'm looking at a copy for 30€ at amazon uk, but have two questions. Does the CE come with a 30 days sub, and do I need a uk psn account?

aceface

Because of the PS4 beta I'm thinking of getting the PS3 CE . I'm looking at a copy for 30€ at amazon uk, but have two questions. Does the CE come with a 30 days sub, and do I need a uk psn account?

Yes and probably. To the best of my knowledge, game region and psn region have to match up.

Stuart444

Just healed my first dungeon as a Scholar. The Manor... it went okay apart from the last boss which took 3 tries. First two times related to adds not being killed fast enough (and one DPS didn't even bother with the void lamps...). 3rd time went perfectly because adds died quickly and the main boss on it's own is a pushover.

Healing is fun though as a Scholar. Going to be switching between it and Summoner as I level it to 50 :D

BadRNG

Osado? They better not cop-out and prevent us from traveling to the far east one day.
Why take us to the east when they can bring the east to us? Save a lot of money on design! Be pretty amazing if this new story development leads to the Eastern-jobs, like ninja and samurai.

From the screens it looks like Gilgamesh won't be wasted on a single player quest, looking forward to challenging him.

Teknoman

Man i'm glad its going to be a party battle and not some crappy FATE.

Not that FATES are inheritly crappy...but special battles end up being lame.

EDIT: lol exactly!

Why take us to the east when they can bring the east to us? Save a lot of money on design! Be pretty amazing if this new story development leads to the Eastern-jobs, like ninja and samurai.

I don't know that that is a good thing. I know I would rather have full new areas that make sense with the new jobs then just "okay there are a ton of ninjas in the same area you have been in now". Not to mention new areas to level and play in.

Osado? They better not cop-out and prevent us from traveling to the far east one day.

I feel the same, but on the other hand this does lay down the groundwork for making that area part of the world eventually, which gives an actual good reason to have the eastern themed jobs story and world wise. So I am hopeful that that is what they are doing, even if they still have a good 3 major cities as well as like 5 major areas on left on the continent that we are currently on to flesh out as well. Not to mention added more zones to Coerthas after opening Ishgard, or rather I think they should do that as well.

Kite

Just started playing FFXIV and I'm impressed so far. Got an archer and arcanist to lvl 15 and still pondering which I should stick with. Any gaffers on Ultros?

So I suck at healing as much as I do as a SMN. Our group would have had Turn 4 down if the WHM (me) didn't suck...how long do those phases last? I kept generating massive hate because I was healing during the transition to the last phase like an idiot. I wish I could get rid of all this stuff with critical hit rate, it causes me so much trouble.

BadRNG

So I suck at healing as much as I do as a SMN. Our group would have had Turn 4 down if the WHM (me) didn't suck...how long do those phases last? I kept generating massive hate because I was healing during the transition to the last phase like an idiot. I wish I could get rid of all this stuff with critical hit rate, it causes me so much trouble.
Each phase is one minute long, but if you kill everything in a phase the next will start within a few seconds regardless (and then a new one minute count will begin)

Aggro should only be your fault here if you were spamming Medica II or something, and I assume you weren't doing that since there's no party damage. If there is an aggro issue besides that then someone else is doing it wrong. I don't know what strategy you were doing but I really doubt it was your fault if you were getting aggro during transition to final phase. At the very least it's definitely not because you have crit on your gear.

klee123

I'm currently in a situation where I have enough myths to spend on the arm piece for White Mage. However, I still have not zenithed Thyrus yet.

Should I be concentrating on myth armor or should I save the myths to zenith my relic first?

Paprikka

What I do to play it safe during that transition is right before everything drops I top off the tank, hit presence of mind, then spam a few stoneskins. It's overkill, but it'll make sure you don't pull aggro on anything before it all gets picked up. Though make sure you have mana to spare first.

Teknoman

Anyone else using materia to buff your lower level classes? The system still needs some improvements for capped classes, but it seems really good for bringing others up to par.

BLCKATK

I'm currently in a situation where I have enough myths to spend on the arm piece for White Mage. However, I still have not zenithed Thyrus yet.

Should I be concentrating on myth armor or should I save the myths to zenith my relic first?

Zenith is a hefty upgrade to healing power because Magic Damage translates into healing power for healers. So that is something to consider.

sqwarlock

My archer hit 15 today, and I have in itch to start another job. When's the best time to do so? I may wait until I get my mount at 20, but I'm an altoholic in every MMO I've ever played and it's hard to quiet the urge to try something new right away.

Ken

My archer hit 15 today, and I have in itch to start another job. When's the best time to do so? I may wait until I get my mount at 20, but I'm an altoholic in every MMO I've ever played and it's hard to quiet the urge to try something new right away.

there's no best time to do anything, but at archer level 30 you'll need pugilist at level 15 to get the bard job. archers can also share skills with pugilist and lancers.

Xux

So, um...

How important is it for someone who mains a tank class to have the other tank class up to par with Relic or Myth etc.?

Number45

Tanked the first couple of dungeons now. Sastasha was a bit messy, but Tam Tara last night was better as I seem to be improving with the targeting on controller. :)

I've also been reading up on the encounters here so I have an idea what's coming (hopefully it's up to date, they keep mentioning beta phases). Copperbell Mines sounds interesting.

If I'm on and anyone wants to group with a learning tank feel free to let me know! 21 currently.

EDIT: Kagari, what's the matrix on the bottom right of the screen? Been meaning to find this out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom