• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

I guess I understand now how some people say MMO's can be addictive. This is the only game I play currently and usually for a few hours a day. That being said, I got my Bard up to ilvl 80 and think I probably should really get serious about clearing the Coil. I've tried twice now to clear Turn 1 at the snakes and failed each time. Each group I get with has a different strategy and it's not working out lol.

The latest attempt was with some of the members from my FC and we came close, but I just couldn't feed the snakes fast enough I guess. Oh well, back to Ultima's Bane for the awesome music!

That RNG:

rng.png

total bull

Teknoman

Tanked the first couple of dungeons now. Sastasha was a bit messy, but Tam Tara last night was better as I seem to be improving with the targeting on controller. :)

I've also been reading up on the encounters here so I have an idea what's coming (hopefully it's up to date, they keep mentioning beta phases). Copperbell Mines sounds interesting.

If I'm on and anyone wants to group with a learning tank feel free to let me know! 21 currently.

EDIT: Kagari, what's the matrix on the bottom right of the screen? Been meaning to find this out for a while.

I believe thats showing inventory space.

Thanks for the tips guys...hopefully we can get past Turn 4. I need all the Coil healing practice I can get. Hopefully I don't go mad from so much time in Coil.

And I have to ask, when do all these primal and Ultima parties happen? I desperately need better accessories, especially for WHM since Hero's accessories are crummy for WHM.

So, um...

How important is it for someone who mains a tank class to have the other tank class up to par with Relic or Myth etc.?
Some endgame fights require Gladiator at 22 in order to use Provoke, but those are very few. You don't need the other at 50.

Xux

not important
Some endgame fights require Gladiator at 22 in order to use Provoke, but those are very few. You don't need the other at 50.
Ah, okay; I have them both at 50, I've just been dragging my feet getting a Curtana (managing to get a Mogblade didn't help, lol.) I was considering dropping the quest and going for a Spharai as I'm only on Chimera and could probably use a (higher) DPS option.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's not full yet but it's filling fast. They haven't dismissed inactive members for awhile.

I spoke w/ Tiv & Maple to make sure I have a spot waiting for me when the PS4 version drops. Will be fun going through the game with a lot of Gaffers instead of randos.

Number45

A good 70 percent of the guild never ever speaks. And some people only talk in Mumble.
Hoping to contribute more when I'm at a level when I can contribute more. Keep thinking of responding to the people moaning about queues that I'll be 50 before it pops but that probably won't help their mood. :p

There's not going to be an easy voice option, even once the PS4 launches is there?

For people putting in applications in-game, don't forget to sign up at neogaf.guildwork.com and submit the form on the 'Recruitment' page also. Your application will not be accepted otherwise.

Inactive membership purge will probably come in April, just before PS4 early access. There should be enough room for everyone that wants to join.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You know for an FC of 300+ members, GAF sure is quiet. Seems like a good amount of people in the FC ignore /fc chat.

I talk every once in awhile, and rarely is it about anything more than a jokey comment on gil sellers, odd character names, or situational occurrences. Too new to the game to speak "business" and I don't know what half the terms are that people are talking about. Also, don't have but a few people's name memorized, and know even less on who is who, when connected back to NeoGAF.

Haven't tried mumble yet, though.

Isaccard

I talk every once in awhile, and rarely is it about anything more than a jokey comment on gil sellers, odd character names, or situational occurrences. Too new to the game to speak "business" and I don't know what half the terms are that people are talking about. Also, don't have but a few people's name memorized, and know even less on who is who, when connected back to NeoGAF.

Haven't tried mumble yet, though.

Mumble is all inside jokes too, but you're more likely to get help with content there than asking in FC. You should definitely join us in the lobby. Gonna need more server capacity for when new PS4 players join.

I think I must be some kind of weird exception because I rarely post in this thread but tend to chat in the FC chat when I'm not busy. I've done it less recently though, since the chat does seem quieter than it used to be and I don't want to annoy people too much by using it like an IRC channel.

Never chatted in Mumble outside of with Haman in the Quietest Coil Group, though, since it's kind of a hassle for me to set up. (My laptop's built-in mic squeals horribly in Windows when I try to use it with Mumble, and the only headset I have handy is my iPhone headphones, so I've been using the iPhone <umble client with headphones while playing game sound through my laptop, and it's as much of a faff as it sounds.)

Too new to the game to speak "business" and I don't know what half the terms are that people are talking about.

Never hurts to ask! This is the first MMO I've played much of, so I had a lot to learn. Good way to kickstart conversation and find people willing to help as well.

aceface

I'm in FC chat pretty much every night- Tomo Takino here. I'd like to reiterate to new people to please ask if you need help with lower level dungeons. It doesn't hurt to ask and it may be faster than using duty finder. If I'm available I will help, any alternative to endless CT runs is great for me.

Well I have been playing now for a few days. Game is absolutely brilliant. I was accepted into the GAF guild via the guild webpage but have yet to find anyone with invite powers online. What time do you guys usually play so I can get invited in.

Bwhaahaahaha, this voip server message was all like:

"Members are required and MUST proudly wear the FC symbol on all raiding gear at all times, members WILL NOT speak on encounter mechanics unless first notifying one of the High Lords or Grand Wizards in party chat first, members understand that any and all High Lords and Grand Wizards claim the right to any gear drops for their Primary and Sub jobs before the loot is distributed to lower ranking members. Violators will be REMOVED from the FC and REPORTED to necessary authorities."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think I must be some kind of weird exception because I rarely post in this thread but tend to chat in the FC chat when I'm not busy. I've done it less recently though, since the chat does seem quieter than it used to be and I don't want to annoy people too much by using it like an IRC channel.

Never chatted in Mumble outside of with Haman in the Quietest Coil Group, though, since it's kind of a hassle for me to set up. (My laptop's built-in mic squeals horribly in Windows when I try to use it with Mumble, and the only headset I have handy is my iPhone headphones, so I've been using the iPhone <umble client with headphones while playing game sound through my laptop, and it's as much of a faff as it sounds.)

Never hurts to ask! This is the first MMO I've played much of, so I had a lot to learn. Good way to kickstart conversation and find people willing to help as well.

Oh, I ask when it's something I don't understand. It's that I'm hours/days/weeks from the high level stuff. No reason to jump into all that stuff now, when who knows when or if I'll get into it.

Usually asking what to watch out for on every dungeon I unlock, cause as a tank, kind of need to know what to do (or not to do).

Zomba13

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer guild/in-game related stuff to be kept in game. Just seems weird to me to need another program open just to communicate with people. Like, I get using mumble or skype or vent or whateverthefuck when you are in content that needs co-ordination and is complex but I'm not the kind that would just sit with mumble open just to hear other people talking amongst themselves while doing normal content or soloing.

No use complaining about it though, only response you get is "get in mumble then" and when you say nah, you don't like talking to a screen with other people around you you get told to stop complaining then.

Well, the only other voices you'll hear in the game come from the first-rate voice acting or the sound of a million cat-girl bards going "ha!" "whoa!" "ah!".

Bards are so noisy in this game. The other jobs don't make grunting noises for literally everything they do, I don't know why Squenix in their infinite wisdom decided bards have to.

Bards are so noisy in this game. The other jobs don't make grunting noises for literally everything they do, I don't know why Squenix in their infinite wisdom decided bards have to.

I like the special logic they've applied here: where the all-singing, all-dancing bard class communicates exclusively through grunting like a tennis player.

i know this is a joke, but i'm glad i don't have to use voice outside of raiding. and even then it's pretty much useless.

It's only half a joke. I don't like voice chat so I don't use it except for raiding, but I don't really care if others prefer it though.

I'm more then just a little disappointed that the bard's music doesn't play nonstop when they have a song active.

WolvenOne

Dear Square, please make the following changes.

1: Please increase the maximum population for a given Free Company.

2: Please increase the Blacklist capacity to a thousand.

That is all, thank you.

frequency

I generally don't like voice chat because 92% of the time it is full of people who aren't funny but think they're funny and so they should provide commentary on everything as they play. The other 8% of the time it's someone coughing or eating into the mic or have the sensitivity turned too high and I have to hear their TV and random children yelling in the background.

Also everyone makes a huge deal out of things if you're not/don't sound like a "standard" gamer (example: you're not male, your English is not so good).

But if you're at the forefront of progression, you kind of need voice chat in the fast paced modern MMORPGs. In that case though, the 92% are being quiet and keeping the channel clear for important calls and directions.

chrono01

I appreciate Mumble, especially for content that you're trying to progress through. It can be helpful to call out/direct others as the fight is ongoing, as typing while doing so is a disaster waiting to happen.

That being said, I never talk [but I do listen], and it's mostly during my Coil/Primal EX group. I do visit the GAF Lobby in Mumble on occasion. The conversations in there can be entertaining, to say the least.

WolvenOne

I spend time in the Mumble when I'm doing simple content, but I either move to another channel or mute myself when I'm doing something that requires greater concentration.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I generally don't like voice chat because 92% of the time it is full of people who aren't funny but think they're funny and so they should provide commentary on everything as they play. The other 8% of the time it's someone coughing or eating into the mic or have the sensitivity turned too high and I have to hear their TV and random children yelling in the background.

Also everyone makes a huge deal out of things if you're not/don't sound like a "standard" gamer (example: you're not male, your English is not so good).

But if you're at the forefront of progression, you kind of need voice chat in the fast paced modern MMORPGs. In that case though, the 92% are being quiet and keeping the channel clear for important calls and directions.

lol.

I don't think you've been on the Ultros GAF Mumble.

And I'm gonna need a citation on those statistics.

400+ people in the Ultros free company, I barely see any one talking after being on for an hour last night.

I am on every night, name is Zwig Morkai. Have yet to be invited to the guild but have the app and everything else ok'd message me if you need anything or want a sidekick.

Wilsongt

How many people were actually on?

Last night I want to say there were upwards of 80 or so people on when I was. Granted, quite a few of them were in instances. Kagari went ":eek:" while I was on, someone asked about BRD @ lv 30 and DPS vs singing, Mary was a little chatty, someone mentioned doing CT in crafting gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom