• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Last night I want to say there were upwards of 80 or so people on when I was. Granted, quite a few of them were in instances. Kagari went ":eek:" while I was on, someone asked about BRD @ lv 30 and DPS vs singing, Mary was a little chatty, someone mentioned doing CT in crafting gear.

If you want an in-game chat conversation, then start one. Say something eye-catching and controversial and I'm sure you'll get some people on the hook.

Wilsongt

If you want an in-game chat conversation, then start one. Say something eye-catching and controversial and I'm sure you'll get some people on the hook.

I said a few things. I bit someone's ankles, stated I wish I had more action commands because I am used to having two full bars and not so little, etc. So quiet. Trust me, I tried. :eek:

I am on every night, name is Zwig Morkai. Have yet to be invited to the guild but have the app and everything else ok'd message me if you need anything or want a sidekick.

What username is your neogaf.guildwork.com application under? I don't see one for "Zwig Morkai". Have you submitted the in-game app also?

Ken

iSRICqANwrGGE.png

kiryogi

Banned
Last night I want to say there were upwards of 80 or so people on when I was. Granted, quite a few of them were in instances. Kagari went ":eek:" while I was on, someone asked about BRD @ lv 30 and DPS vs singing, Mary was a little chatty, someone mentioned doing CT in crafting gear.

You know you love our little tight knit crew more so on Sargatanas. XD

WolvenOne

So, I brought this up last night. If there's essentially nothing you want from Coil Turns 1-4, and you just want to spend your time practicing T5, is there any reason not to just get into another group and skip those first four turns?

I mean, T4 isn't a huge deal, but finding a group that can tackle it can take a few days. That doesn't seem like a wise use of time if all I want to do is practice T5.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So, I brought this up last night. If there's essentially nothing you want from Coil Turns 1-4, and you just want to spend your time practicing T5, is there any reason not to just get into another group and skip those first four turns?

I mean, T4 isn't a huge deal, but finding a group that can tackle it can take a few days. That doesn't seem like a wise use of time if all I want to do is practice T5.

If you don't want anything from the other turns and don't mind loosing out on the 150 myth, then go ahead and skip. Once you find a solid group though, the whole coil 1-4 takes just around 40 minutes, so there isn't a huge motivation to skip either since you can't get 150 myth in 40 minutes any other way.

kiryogi

Banned
The active server population is so much larger on Sarg compared to Ultros too. I thought about moving but after looking at the numbers/types of parties on PF it's put me off.

Uh, there's really more PF on Sargatanas than Ultros? . . . That's sorta sad considering I didn't think there was that much on Sargatanas.

aceface

On Ultros there are typically 12 parties recruiting, 8 of which will be for Coil turns 1-4, the other 4 will be for ex primals and all of them will say "please know fight and have cleared it before."

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Uh, there's really more PF on Sargatanas than Ultros? . . . That's sorta sad considering I didn't think there was that much on Sargatanas.

I haven't compared personally, but I do know Ultros is pretty dead during until after 4-5PM PST on weekdays. Seems a lot of people with standard jobs are on the server. This could be why we get lots of day-players that feel the server is a wasteland.

WolvenOne

If you don't want anything from the other turns and don't mind loosing out on the 150 myth, then go ahead and skip. Once you find a solid group though, the whole coil 1-4 takes just around 40 minutes, so there isn't a huge motivation to skip either since you can't get 150 myth in 40 minutes any other way.

Yeah, finding solid statics right now is kinda difficult though. I mean most of the really dedicated players have long since formed into groups, which means that I'm mostly looking among casual players, players that started later (and often aren't geared enough for the later Coil turns,) or I pug it.

Hopefully the situation will change when 2.2 hits, though I hate the idea of waiting that long to find a solid static. Only other option I can think of though is to recruit outside the FC, and I'm somewhat reluctant to do that.

I haven't compared personally, but I do know Ultros is pretty dead during until after 4-5PM PST on weekdays. Seems a lot of people with standard jobs are on the server. This could be why we get lots of day-players that feel the server is a wasteland.

This so much. I wonder if I made a mistake rolling on this server, love the guild but there is nothing going on during the day...and all the primal/Ultima parties happen when I'm at work. Really sucks working nights.

Tabris

My huge issue is not the lack of PFers, but the severe connection issues Primal server has. I think they need to shut down character immigration to Primal for a while.

kirby2096

When I checked out Mor Dhona at 3pm GMT on Monday it was very quiet, as if it was not long after a maintenance. Back on Sarg and tons of ppl were crowding the token npc.
I went back later that night and also checked out Ragnarok (EU legacy), again there are so many players on the legacy servers' most populated areas that occasionally my client crashes :/

kiryogi

Banned
When I checked out Mor Dhona at 3pm GMT on Monday it was very quiet, as if it was not long after a maintenance. Back on Sarg and tons of ppl were crowding the token npc.
I went back later that night and also checked out Ragnarok (EU legacy), again there are so many players on the legacy servers' most populated areas that occasionally my client crashes :/

Woot woot legacy? XD

So you compared a new middle pop NA server to an overcrowded EU legacy server during day hours in Europe and you found the NA server was dead during what would be regarded as the middle of the night in NA.

Please submit your incredible findings to the Maximegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious. I'm sure they will want you to publish a paper on these amazing discoveries.

So you compared a new middle pop NA server to an overcrowded EU legacy server during day hours in Europe and you found the NA server was dead during what would be regarded as the middle of the night in NA.

Please submit your incredible findings to the Maximegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious. I'm sure they will want you to publish a paper on these amazing discoveries.

But Sarg is a NA server...

But Sarg is a NA server...

I was talking about Ragnarok.

Small correction, 3 pm GMT is 7 am PST. So more like early morning than middle of the night but my point is still more than valid.

I'm sorry that I work a day job and can't be online standing around in Mor Dhona at 7 am on Ultros to prove my server isn't dead.

kirby2096

Small correction, 3 pm GMT is 7 am PST. So more like early morning than middle of the night but my point is still more than valid.

I'm sorry that I work a day job and can't be online standing around in Mor Dhona at 7 am on Ultros to prove my server isn't dead.

I checked EU legacy around 10pm gmt that night along with Sarg and Ultros. There was little difference between the two legacy servers at that hour, similar party numbers ~15-25.

I will look at them again tonight past midnight.

Aeana

400+ people in the Ultros free company, I barely see any one talking after being on for an hour last night.

Well, that's because I wasn't on. People don't talk unless I'm there, because they don't want me to feel bad for missing their conversations.

Oh well, not that it really matters TBH. Just thought you meant Sarg. GMT timezone is dead in Sargatanas anyway.

Teknoman

People are always talking about something whenever I pop up.

EDIT: It was always pretty slow going during morning hours back in FFXI on Fairy/Sylph, so im not surprised to see the same here.

Aeana

Half a year after launch and people still getting ruffled about legacy servers, hilarious.

If you're talking about me, what I said has absolutely nothing to do with legacy servers and everything to do with kiryogi's attitude in FF14 threads.

To complete the circle of of the last few pages, I feel that the people that are pushing for others to join them in mumble are the same as the people who tried to get unsuspecting new players to go to legacy. They selfishly want to fuel their own circle jerk by luring people in to be the bottom rung of their already in place social clique and society. For shame. You mad that you can't just talk over everyone while typing so need a place where you can be the unique snowflake you know you are?

I almost wanted to not leave any hint that I was joking around, but then remembered people taking me seriously when I said that new players on legacy would be the "slave class" before launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom