• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solution is to make everyone an officer so they can feel special.

Honestly I think a problem with the fc chat could be that people are just too tied to their linkshell chats now. Like I know I have noticed that I myself have been talking less in fc and more to linkshells and have tried to stop that except when fully necessary.

Honestly I think a problem with the fc chat could be that people are just too tied to their linkshell chats now. Like I know I have noticed that I myself have been talking less in fc and more to linkshells and have tried to stop that except when fully necessary.

It's an easy trap to fall into. Then you have the cliques where you never see people play with others except with their static, even though there are plenty of good players in the FC. People just need to step out of their comfort zone.

Tabris

It's an easy trap to fall into. Then you have the cliques where you never see people play with others except with their static, even though there are plenty of good players in the FC. People just need to step out of their comfort zone.

A good amount of FC leaders are in this situation from what I see. Never seen Maple in a FC party ever.

Ken

ihodI0PzuU3dS.png

Aeana

A good amount of FC leaders are in this situation from what I see. Never seen Maple in a FC party ever.
Maybe not recently, but we did used to host FC events, especially for the HM primals. I'd love to get that kinda thing going again, maybe once 2.2 is out.

Tabris

uh... not really man.

Maple, Strawberry, and Elliott. Never partied with any of them, and rarely see them say anything in FC.

Just saying what I see. Maybe it was different before 2.1, or maybe it's different for those talking on mumble.

Teknoman

Maple, Strawberry, and Elliott. Never partied with any of them, and rarely see them say anything in FC.

Just saying what I see. Maybe it was different before 2.1, or maybe it's different for those talking on mumble.

Just has to be at the right time I guess? I went to Sunken temple with them recently, and We've done a CT or two. I think i've partied with most of the pastry posse.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

You just can't expect leadership to be your call-girls (or boys).

It's much easier to party with other people in mumble, because you don't have to type and communication flows smoothly. You also have a voice to put to a character, which makes the experience that much more rewarding.

It is human instinct to stick with a group of people that you're familiar with.

Tabris

Fair enough, but there is a disconnect because of it. Probably natural with an FC this size, which is what I had originally responded my point with when we were talking about the size of FC.

Only thing I have to compare to is linkshells in FF11 where it was about doing events as an entire group and helping out each other, getting each other new gear and levelling up together. And leaders would be spearheading that.

rubius01

I was thinking bout this today actually.

I also think that it is the linkshell that has led to the decline in fc chat. Or to be more precise it is the growth of the BC static groups. You seem to stick with your static to try the exprimals, or to farm ultima, or to go on treasure hunts. And hell, why not? If the static is good and you know them, and you like them, then why wouldn't you talk with them. Unfortunately this leads to a cliquish perception. Especially when you are asking for help over the FC and no one answers.

I honestly don't know what to do about it besides to make a concentrated effort to talk on the fc.

Alucrid

Banned
Fair enough, but there is a disconnect because of it. Probably natural with an FC this size, which is what I had originally responded my point with when we were talking about the size of FC.

Only thing I have to compare to is linkshells in FF11 where it was about doing events as an entire group and helping out each other, getting each other new gear and levelling up together. And leaders would be spearheading that.

Considering how the end game is on a lock, you can't really do that. Need to have multiple people willing to take on that responsibility, and considering that we have multiple Coil groups, there are those willing to do so.

Not me though, fuck that.

Sure there are cliques but I have been in groups with all the leaders and they seem like good folks. I only see most of the leaders on in the evening, which is why I hardly team up with them.

I personally will play with nearly everyone in the FC.

Teknoman

gawd I swear if I get the taco curse I will go kill Guy >_>

Something tells me Guy would really like The stick of truth :p

EDIT: About no one answering in the FC, alot of the time if you're in an event of some sort, you really cant answer or might miss due to paying attention to something else. Its happened to me before, where someone would ask for something I could actually help with, but I couldnt answer because I was getting bombed in Pharos or something. Of course i've been on the other side, but its usually not that they dont want to help.

Tabris

I struggle with mumble as I like to just lay down on my couch after a day of work, put up my feet, listen to some music, and play the game. I'm not sitting on a PC with headset on for mumble. A lot of times I'll be facetiming friends at the same time if doing casual content.

Makes sense for content like Coil which I use it for.

Kenai

Unlike FF11 in this game most things are capped at 8 members outside of CT which is a whole different issue, so statics are formed for the stuff that "matters" which is mostly Coil and primal HM/EX stuff since Coil can only be done once a week and doing primal over and over again is...tiring, to say the least, win or lose. There's no alliances we can form for anything like Dynamis or Sky or Sea or whatever.

I'm sure that they might hang out with some people more than others, but that's pretty normal. I don't get to hang out with them very often but I have at least run some map parties and a CT/primal or two, and they are always really nice and always gonna say hi if they are around.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There's a reason I left the GAF FC, and it was in due to the leadership

When you have 4+ members in leadership position who all only static with each other and never come help out others, that alone should tell you what is wrong with the hierarchy in there

Really Maple, Strawberry, Xar and 2 other people all had power and pull
If you didn't get into their inner circle quickly or weren't partly there to help them out, you weren't reciprocated in nature

I still remember forcing the Officers of the FC to create events, when most thought Garuda HM was the undgodliest fight known to this FC
We had sign ups, many people showed up, but rather than be a fair to all that showed up, favoritism was shown
I remember when my Team already had beaten Garuda thrice (we even swapped members to get them a win), Maple's team 0 in that same, but once they got one victory, they were so very tired, Strawberry hungry, that means Maple is hungry also in tow, so event over.
Next week rolls up, Garuda again, I show up, the 2nd group was full, so slot open in 1st, Maples group, I asked to join, but the BLM at the time, which was their besty, didn't want to roll against another BLM, so they pushed me aside, and took someone who showed up late 15 minutes, cause it was one of their clique members

I creating a little drama once I left, that GAF got it's shit together, when I called them out on it. You then magically had a vote to cast a leader/officer that at least wasn't part of the clique

So I see nothing has changed. Unless you are Maple/Strawberry's besty, you will not be associated with anything.
You will have to fend for yourself
I mean I get you can't please 500 members, no one can, but when you only please members of your clique/inner circle and shun the rest, yeah, you shouldn't be leading

Every other page I see people say the same fucking thing, that they need help or where is the leadership, but all you get is the same ol' bullshit

I got tired within a few weeks after realizing, that if I'm not an ass-kisser, chasing after and being friendsies with people with power/say, that you'll most likely get no where

Remember it's a give and take, not always TAKE!

Fuck I helped more GAF FC members after I left, than most of the officer leadership combined
I gave 50-75% discount on gathering material so they could level up their crafts, when new influx of chars joined GAF, I gave roughly 20-50K to each member I ran into or sent me a goddam tell

You can't be called an officer or leader and not just give a fuck, or give a fuck when it only matters to you, when you are given power, you use it to ease others burden, by taking theirs up, not pushing it onto themselves and fend for it

kiryogi

Banned
If you're talking about me, what I said has absolutely nothing to do with legacy servers and everything to do with kiryogi's attitude in FF14 threads.

Hrm, I haven't said anything negative about Ultros lately or if at all. Can't say i've been playing much ARR period. I only noted that it's an interesting observation and makes me wonder about the active population when, you'd think, Ultros has a much bigger player base in general. But it's odd that at a glance at least, the active player base retention seems to be higher on Legacy. It just sounds like to me you're a little on edge nowadays if I post anything period in here.

GraveRobberX

Hrm, I haven't said anything negative about Ultros lately or if at all. Can't say i've been playing much ARR period. I only noted that it's an interesting observation and makes me wonder about the active population when, you'd think, Ultros has a much bigger player base in general. But it's odd that at a glance at least, the active player base retention seems to be higher on Legacy. It just sounds like to me you're a little on edge nowadays if I post anything period in here.

Legacy's will have more of the Hardcore pool, they stuck through 1.0, so most likely, they will do content over and over again, try to BIS anything and everything

Fresh servers, got a mix, you see the same faces at end game or same parties due to being a smaller pool
Most in the fresh servers are the casuals, they are the working people (real life), who don't have and abundance of time at their will
All these 2.2 changes, with all these restrictions going away, is to at least set a path, where these casuals can catch up

Hardcore eat through content, try to get ahead of the field, then later down the line, the dev, just levels it, and the chase starts a new
The reason most aren't pissed that their hard earned gear will be equaled by casuals is newer gear will be a stonewall for them also their alts benefit immensely from it

Teknoman

Oh, I ask when it's something I don't understand. It's that I'm hours/days/weeks from the high level stuff. No reason to jump into all that stuff now, when who knows when or if I'll get into it.

Usually asking what to watch out for on every dungeon I unlock, cause as a tank, kind of need to know what to do (or not to do).

What level are you anyway? I need things to punch for pugilist.

When you have 4+ members in leadership position who all only static with each other and never come help out others, that alone should tell you what is wrong with the hierarchy in there

If you didn't get into their inner circle quickly or weren't partly there to help them out, you weren't reciprocated in nature

I still remember forcing the Officers of the FC to create events, when most thought Garuda HM was the undgodliest fight known to this FC
We had sign ups, many people showed up, but rather than be a fair to all that showed up, favoritism was shown
I remember when my Team already had beaten Garuda thrice (we even swapped members to get them a win), Maple's team 0 in that same, but once they got one victory, they were so very tired, Strawberry hungry, that means Maple is hungry also in tow, so event over.
Next week rolls up, Garuda again, I show up, the 2nd group was full, so slot open in 1st, Maples group, I asked to join, but the BLM at the time, which was their besty, didn't want to roll against another BLM, so they pushed me aside, and took someone who showed up late 15 minutes, cause it was one of their clique members

I creating a little drama once I left, that GAF got it's shit together, when I called them out on it. You then magically had a vote to cast a leader/officer that at least wasn't part of the clique

So I see nothing has changed. Unless you are Maple/Strawberry's besty, you will not be associated with anything.
I mean I get you can't please 500 members, no one can, but when you only please members of your clique/inner circle and shun the rest, yeah, you shouldn't be leading

Every other page I see people say the same fucking thing, that they need help or where is the leadership, but all you get is the same ol' bullshit

I got tired within a few weeks after realizing, that if I'm not an ass-kisser, chasing after and being friendsies with people with power/say, that you'll most likely get no where

Fuck I helped more GAF FC members after I left, than most of the officer leadership combined
I gave 50-75% discount on gathering material so they could level up their crafts, when new influx of chars joined GAF, I gave roughly 20-50K to each member I ran into or sent me a goddam tell

You can't be called an officer or leader and not just give a fuck, or give a fuck when it only matters to you, when you are given power, you use it to ease others burden, by taking theirs up, not pushing it onto themselves and fend for it

I take it SF, LUMI, and Awake had the same problems?

Can't we all just get along?

Legacy servers vs. Fresh servers who cares they are both the same at the end of the day. Same content and all.

FC chat vs. Mumble/voice chat at the end of the day you are all in the same FC. The way you choose to communicate should not matter just help each other and have a good time.

Teknoman

Legacy servers vs. Fresh servers who cares they are both the same at the end of the day. Same content and all.

FC chat vs. Mumble/voice chat at the end of the day you are all in the same FC. The way you choose to communicate should not matter just help each other and have a good time.

Bingo.

Also on the subject of FC chat, some PS3/PS4 users are going to be stuck with visual chat...so it would be best to keep an eye/ear to both.

GraveRobberX

I take it SF, LUMI, and Awake had the same problems?

Well it was a Three Bear Story

SF too strict, Lumi too casual, Awake just right, until people started leaving

Only problem I had was getting a good Coil Group, I was always a plug in hole char to most statics, SF demanded too much, Lumi was too laxed, Awake I was brought in just a PUG, one week later I'm the Coil leader...

So yes I've moved around, when I feel my time is worth it, I'll stick with them

Awake group I've been running with since december has had roughly 5+ hours of practice with Turn 5, why? 2 people left just as I join, to go play Rift, I was suppose to take over the tank role, even though I went BLM, 2 new join, work the kinks out, other tank leaves, replace, creates drama for group, replaced, new tank (blazes too much, "forgets" raid times)
1 DPS and 1 Healer quit unannounced, no word, just left, 2 people from our other coil groups use their alts to buffer us up
1 healer had to go on honeymoon, it was known, so we had to shift players and PUG a person
This week tank shows up late, so late that our Aussie BRD after Turn 4 is tired and sleepy, so no Turn 5 practice again
Now the straw the finally broke the camel back, our SMN has paying bills (issue), so he won't be on for awhile, till this gets fixed

If you got into a determined 8 people static early on you were golden, every week that passes, more and more of the pool that had players separated, started getting filled up

It isn't easy to be a Coil Leader and see week after week, people having excuses or creating something which hurts progression for other members

So yes, now I have to start from the bottom all over again
Create new friends, join PUG's till I get a decent group that does Coil on a weekly basis

I go out of my way to be a helpful player, but others that you might get linked too, might not care and hurt your progression

To all those that have 8 man statics that are set in stone, you really survived, right now, it's hard finding 7 other like minded people, most are already grouped up, you just hope a spot open up (from time to time they do), hence why I move on

So to reiterate, me moving from FC to FC has what correlation to the stuff I said about GAF?, I do well in Coil, so the FC's themselves ask to join or look into joining

Do you really think I was the problem due to me posting the truth, so you assumed, that the problem in GAF I had was a reciprocating issue that just followed me everywhere I went

Issues arise all the time
I'm not going to invest man hours into a game and just wait on others to feel that they are ready to proceed, I would like a Turn 5 kill, but some groups just went AWOL and rather than put effort in, are waiting till Coil restrictions and buffs come into play, that just doesn't sit right with me

kiryogi

Banned

Well, that was what I was advocating since day one. . . But it's worked out in the end as we have ended up with a smaller group that's a lot easier handle and lead. There's no doubts a big FC is a clusterfuck to lead. I don't deny it as I've ran into those issues before in the past.

Redx508

GraveRobberX as I recall you where kick from the FC and than IP ban from mumble.
you used to yell at members all the time and this made them feel unwelcome on mumble

Hey Tabris you know that the Officers have jobs and a life outside the game they can't just play all day and carry all the members to Ifrit EX

If any tank and healer in Ultros are looking for a Coil group, my LS is currently looking.

I worked with you guys on my alt account once, hopefully you guys find what you need! Sorry I can't fill in as healer, you guys have a good group though.

Annnnd I see I created a monster with that clique comment...should probably be careful next time...X(

Anyways new players, feel free to pester K'tai if you need help or advice. Just don't ask me about tanking.

GraveRobberX

GraveRobberX as I recall you where kick from the FC and than IP ban from mumble.
you used to yell at members all the time and this made them feel unwelcome on mumble

LOLWut?

I left the FC, I even told Maple I was leaving, when someone on here asked me why did I leave, I told the truth
Maple didn't like it, hey he pays for mumble, I had no right to stay in there to say hi to friends I made in there like Yonda, so Strawberry got together with her friends and they made the decision to boot me

I have never yelled at anyone, what kind of bullshit is this?
Who in the hell did I make uncomfortable, most of the time Strawberry had the mic in the channel, fuck at the end, most people had her mute, cause she would randomly blurt something that had nothing to do with anything or always override a conversation

Wow this is some Grade A bullshit, me yelling at members and making them uncomfortable, are you fucking kidding me

Yes an asshole like me after doing all those things, goes out of his way to still help GAF members, yersiree, that's me.

Number45

Oh, I ask when it's something I don't understand. It's that I'm hours/days/weeks from the high level stuff. No reason to jump into all that stuff now, when who knows when or if I'll get into it.

Usually asking what to watch out for on every dungeon I unlock, cause as a tank, kind of need to know what to do (or not to do).
This is the position I'm in as well. So paranoid when tanking. >_<

I've been reading through the guides here, before I go in for the first time so that I at least have an idea of the encounters.

i hate to say this but we should stop before this thread turns ugly.

so here's a picture instead.

discuss.
Conjoined twins?

As legitimate as your later concerns may be, what power? The only time I've seen them flex their shit was when someone was being directly insulting to others. Any other time something has had to happen that takes power in the FC it was either put to a vote, like the housing, or talked among the leadership, yes even the new voted in ones. I get the dislike of cliques, I really do, but I also understand how they form, and after playing with the same people for years you may want to keep doing stuff with them. Sure, they don't talk in FC that much but have provided a mumble that they stay in the lobby of, not some private room where you can't talk to them, to communicate. Once again I don't like VIOP things for normal mmo conversation but I understand that others may feel the same about just typing stuff. There are several leaders that never use the mumble and just talk in the game chat as well that I'm sure the mumble people think never communicate.

I left the FC, I even told Maple I was leaving, when someone on here asked me why did I leave, I told the truth
Maple didn't like it, hey he pays for mumble, I had no right to stay in there to say hi to friends I made in there like Yonda, so Strawberry got together with her friends and they made the decision to boot me

The person you quoted was clearly mistaken about you being kicked from the FC, but I had heard from several people while you were in the FC, and after you left, about how angry you seemed to get over mumble. With the way you go over the top in posting as well I can understand that it just part of your personality. I doubt this is why you were kicked from it though, as has been explained, they pay for it for people in the FC to chat to each other, and is completely open and free for any FC use, just not randoms.

theta11

GraveRobberX said:

If you didn't get into their inner circle quickly or weren't partly there to help them out, you weren't reciprocated in nature.

This is pretty laughable and also wrong.

GraveRobberX said:

It wasn't your idea. This was something that was in the works for quite some time. Obviously when it comes to planning an event you want to do it when it had the most impact and could help the most people. For the most part you were only interested in helping yourself. Maple told you if you wanted do it on your own go ahead and make an event for yourself on the Guildworks forum and we will do ours when we were ready.

The reason you were removed had nothing to do with cliques and everything with you being a bad player at the time. Your DPS was so low that the attempts were taking extremely long and directly slowing down the ability to help other people as time was limited. So you had to be replaced.

GraveRobberX said:

Seriously, you should take your own advice. You were overly aggressive and moody. The first day you joined mumble you left arguing that no one would help you. This was the first day after the open beta. So you quit the Free Company before even officially joining accusing people of not helping you. Your whole attitude is accusatory and had everything with people not wanting to help you. Telling yourself that you weren't part of the clique I guess make it easier but really some self reflection might help you come to a different conclusion.

And for your information, in the real world, when you are friendly to people there are more willing to help you in general. It is a simple concept. It has nothing to do with ass kissing. In fact most members are oblivious to the things Maple has to do to keep the FC running.

GraveRobberX said:

What sort of great power is this?

GraveRobberX said:
LOLWut?

I have never yelled at anyone, what kind of bullshit is this?
Who in the hell did I make uncomfortable, most of the time Strawberry had the mic in the channel, fuck at the end, most people had her mute, cause she would randomly blurt something that had nothing to do with anything or always override a conversation

Strawberry had nothing to do with banning you from mumble. Maple banned you and if he didn't I was in the process of banning you. Despite your paranoia that Strawberry was out to get you she really wanted nothing to do with you. Your abrasiveness at that point had worn her down. You were kicked and banned from mumble for joining and disconnecting repeatedly (spamming). And instead of doing what a reasonable person would do and ask why they were banned on from mumble you headed straight to the forum to accuse Strawberry of banning you, essentially burning the last bridge behind you.

Hopefully that shed some light on the situation so you can hopefully put it to rest and move on. Sometimes things happen because of your own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom