• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

I've been playing this game at a leisurely pace, not bothering with FCs or the like. It's been rather chill for most of the time, and things have been progressing rather well. But now that I've hit level 40 I'm seeing people spamming three-letter acronyms and terminology that have no meaning to me. It's like everyone speaks some form of english that only they understand.

Am I at a point in the game where I should be looking up minmaxing guides?

Same as you, but I feel I hit a wall at 40, where I have to fate farm.
I do not want to quest as I want to keep them for my other classes.

Baliis

I've been playing this game at a leisurely pace, not bothering with FCs or the like. It's been rather chill for most of the time, and things have been progressing rather well. But now that I've hit level 40 I'm seeing people spamming three-letter acronyms and terminology that have no meaning to me. It's like everyone speaks some form of english that only they understand.

Looking up acronyms if you aren't understanding them would probably be helpful.

As for minmaxing, it's probably a good idea to at least read up a bit to learn a trick or two that you might not have been aware of. It's probably not necessary if you're playing casually, but it can't hurt to be aware of the "proper" way to play.

You may want to consider using quests for your first class because when you FATE grind on a second class it gets the +50% experience boost.

Plus, there's always the chance that by the time you get to your other classes, new quest content has been added to the game. Personally I did whatever quests I could and any fates that I came across during my questing. As long as I kept things varied I was having fun, so that worked for me.

Torquill

On the subject of the story line, I almost wish
you could have had the option to side with Gaius when he asked you to. Would have made for an interesting turn of events. I mean... he did have some good points despite being a murderer after all...
Not really. Tyrannical, imperialistic atheism is still tyrannical and imperialistic :p. Remeber, the emperor sanctioned meteor even if he didn't know all the details. He was willing to commit genocide on an entire continent. There's also the assimilation aspect, countries lose their culture and identity under imperial rule. I'll take liberty, freedom, and potentially faux gods thx. Nice to seem have an evil atheist instead of an evil pope, tho old popey is still chilling behind his gate too :p

I'm at 45 now and the only time I FATE grind is when I did my sub-class requirement. I do every high lv side quests because I don't think I will be maxing out any War/Magic class soon, and I also do some FATE if it's close to me or some levequests here and there. About acronyms, you will get used to it very soon. I hate it and I won't use it. Very common ones are LF (looking for..), LFG (looking for group), LFM (looking for member) etc. People are just too lazy to spell out.

Princepeach

Neo Member
Not really. Tyrannical, imperialistic atheism is still tyrannical and imperialistic :p. Remeber, the emperor sanctioned meteor even if he didn't know all the details. He was willing to commit genocide on an entire continent. There's also the assimilation aspect, countries lose their culture and identity under imperial rule. I'll take liberty, freedom, and potentially faux gods thx. Nice to seem have an evil atheist instead of an evil pope, tho old popey is still chilling behind his gate too :p

Not to mention
Old popey is probably gonna be on the side of good here

Anyway. How does anyone manage to beat Ifrit HM without a BLM/SMN? I only tried once, but after the DRG LB'd one nail, we dps'd down another, and half dps'd the third, then we all died. Do you need to be super over-geared to pull it off?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Not to mention

Anyway. How does anyone manage to beat Ifrit HM without a BLM/SMN? I only tried once, but after the DRG LB'd one nail, we dps'd down another, and half dps'd the third, then we all died. Do you need to be super over-geared to pull it off?

Melee DPS LB down the first nail (one far away from ifrit since he does that AOE push move that will interrupt the cast)

All DPS nails 2 and 3

Melee DPS LB the final nail

Torquill

Not to mention
I doubt it. They are setting up Ishgard leadership to be an overly zealous fanatic sect whose singleminded crusade agains the dragons is to the detriment of everything else. Any leader would kill you as a heretic for choosing not to spend every waking min in the fight is looney tunes.

Princepeach

Neo Member
Melee DPS LB down the first nail (one far away from ifrit since he does that AOE push move that will interrupt the cast)

All DPS nails 2 and 3

Melee DPS LB the final nail

Ok, does the LB bar need to be 3 guages, or will 2 do the job?

And Torquill:
The only reason the kobold's summoned Titan was because Limsa broke it's side of a treaty. I get the feeling--or maybe just hope--that the leaders of the nations will continue to be ethically ambiguous as the game develops.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ok, does the LB bar need to be 3 guages, or will 2 do the job?

And Torquill:
The only reason the kobold's summoned Titan was because Limsa broke it's side of a treaty. I get the feeling--or maybe just hope--that the leaders of the nations will continue to be ethically ambiguous as the game develops.

LB3 for the first, LB2 should be lined up by the time you get that last nail down.

edit: This is for NA servers.http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/105069-NA-All-Worlds-Maintenance-(Oct.-14)
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds that goes along with the patch 2.05 HotFixes. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
* This maintenance will implement a client program update as well. Booting the client after the patch release will automatically update the client program.
[Date & Time]
Oct. 14, 2013 from 8:00 p.m. to Oct. 15, 2013 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.
[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

EU server Maintenence is http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/105071-EU-All-Worlds-Maintenance-(Oct.-15)

[EU] All Worlds Maintenance (Oct. 15)
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds that goes along with the patch 2.05 HotFixes. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
*This maintenance will implement a client program update as well. Booting the client after the patch release will automatically update the client program.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 15, 2013 from 3:00 a.m (GMT) to Oct. 15, 2013 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Teknoman

not exactly sure how tramain is the only one with 3 bc clears and i have 2 but none of the rest of the team has any

maybe we all have to pokemans to get credit?

edit: who the hell let in master shake!??!

I would. I cant pull myself away from Pokemon Y o_o

How do you do that? Didn't see an option in lodestone...well, didn't see much of anything in there.

You need to do it on your lodestone page

Edit: I know I did this once before but I can't find out where again. I'll keep looking to include better instructions.

SleazyC

14th on the list really shows how fast I pushed for end-game and burned myself out rather fast. You'd think after doing the same in a couple other MMO's I would have learned my lesson. I paid for 90 days so I definitely want to revisit when 2.1 comes out. Maybe I can have some GAF groups carry me through Coil at that point :)

Taruranto

gXw8Gm3.jpg

Yay. Can I start doing Coil (Turn 1 or 2, I doubt i'll get farter with random shouts) with these gears? The jewelries and and belt both have materia melted on them.

Yes, freedom...
Unless of course you live in the forest, where you better live how the trees want you to live or you getting greenwrathed, bitch. Or if you live in the desert where the guards will outright kill you if you try to make the poor people around you's life better and create new jobs that doesn't jive with the people who already have money, and will just settle on falsely accusing you of crimes just for the cash. Or you can move to pirate country, where you are actively killing things who's only interest is self preservation that you broke a treaty with. But hey, that's all cool because at least all three nations are led by anime characters who look cool and say inspirational things.

But then of course there is the issue that while Gaius could talk the talk and personally worked against things like Meteor, his direct subordinates still thought things like torturing someone who couldn't explain their gift was an acceptable thing to do.

Ferr986

what I dont get is how Gaius
could trust and side with an Ascian... I mean... really? he probably knows more than us about the story of Eorzea, he should know that Ascians arent people you can trust

_woLf

My friend got his account hacked over 3 weeks ago, submitted a ticket, and hasn't heard back in over 2 weeks.

What the fuck? Is there anything he can do?

Torquill

what I dont get is how Gaius
could trust and side with an Ascian... I mean... really? he probably knows more than us about the story of Eorzea, he should know that Ascians arent people you can trust
Ironically, Lahabrea does nothing to undermine Gaius' objectives. There's no doubt he would have eventually, but we interfered before his plans for that far.

Gaius is either going to be the bad guy that turns ally, or the originally sympathetic bad guy who turns ultimate arch nemesis over their need to beat us.

studyguy

Ironically, Lahabrea does nothing to undermine Gaius' objectives. There's no doubt he would have eventually, but we interfered before his plans for that far.

Gaius is either going to be the bad guy that turns ally, or the originally sympathetic bad guy who turns ultimate arch nemesis over their need to beat us.

Gaius in 1.0 was already the level headed enough to see that Nael was corrupt. He more or less sided with the adventurers of 1.0 in their fight against Nael towards the end by wishing them well should they face him. Granted, Nael essentially torched an entire Garlean outpost and for his own gain... But you know. Gaius always seemed like the reluctant conqueror.

Torquill

Gaius in 1.0 was already the level headed enough to see that Nael was corrupt. He more or less sided with the adventurers of 1.0 in their fight against Nael towards the end by wishing them well should they face him. Granted, Nael essentially torched an entire Garlean outpost and for his own gain... But you know. Gaius always seemed like the reluctant conqueror.
Eager conquer. Reluctant genocidal madman :p.

Torquill

Great job of not understanding Gaius's motivations at all.
He stated quite plainly (and this is ihis marketing quote so I don't think I need to tag it) that essentially he is in the right to take Eorzea because no one has the STR to stop him. It's the exact same thing I said but on a larger scale.

This is not about his motivation but about why he feels justified in seeking his motivation in the methods he does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom