• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

Thanks again to that last minute Garuda HM group. Nice to have that out of the way for my monk.

Now I just need about 3000 more tomestones to finish my Darklight. D:

Alucrid

Banned
Oh man, 20 whole minutes? This coming from the same guy who wouldn't teleport himself to Coerthas for Chimera? Sure why don't I teleport two extra times to pick you up and bring you to something you needed also.

The same guy who left two FC members hanging mid AK run because he misunderstood something the pug tank said? Sure, let's waste everyone's time by leaving the instance screaming and crying "elitist". (I wasn't there for this one, but I had the fun of watching it unfold over FC chat)

And lastly, this:

cqCajcM.png

lol, yeah I think you should stop considering it and go ahead and find another FC.

I sure hope this is Anime Bodypillow

Yep, definitely don't see myself partying with such a toxic individual again.

And for the record it is Anime Bodypillow: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76678147&postcount=5153

The name alone makes him untouchable.

I thought the name was great at first, that changes once you realize how petty a player they are.

Aeana

Okay, here is a list of the things we should expect in the hotfix. Not patch notes, just a summary of the forum posts.

• Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
  • Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
  • The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
  • The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
  • Implementation of a population cap for each field. (update: The population cap is planned to be introduced separately. )
  • Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
  • The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
  • User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

gatti-man

Okay, here is a list of the things we should expect in the hotfix. Not patch notes, just a summary of the forum posts.

• Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
  • Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
  • The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
  • Implementation of a population cap for each field. (update: The population cap is planned to be introduced separately. )
  • Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
  • The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
  • User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

I really hope they don't CM AK. CM is mind numbingly easy and AK atleast has a measure of challenge. CM doesn't even need 8 people, I think 4-5 people could do it.

dark_chris

I decided to share some photos with ya guys. Really love this game a lot.
By the way, I'm on the Ultros server - Mary Benedictus. Dont be afraid to say hello!

Finally getting my relic weapon after 50+ tries felt very good.
2013-10-12_00004.jpg

The photographer in me wanted to have her pose.
2013-10-06_00010-1.jpg

Saw this going on at like 2am. lol.
2013-10-07_00003.jpg

I went afk to go to the bathroom then grab some cookies while I was waiting for Behemoth to come. When I came back, I had this Lala sitting on me. I have no idea who this was. lol.
2013-10-02_00003.jpg

Interacting with the locals. That was fun!
2013-09-29_00003.jpg

Which lead to us just talking to random people who would sit with us on the table and just talk through say, no party or anything.
2013-09-29_00005.jpg

Fighting Behemoth is always fun.
2013-09-30_00004.jpg

I have good timing on taking screenshots.
2013-09-15_00003.jpg

Aeana

*So I won't visually mix them up!

I can't help it if my fingers continue to forsake me though... when you're constantly typing /l /fc /l /fc /l /fc /l /fc some slip ups are bound to get through here and there :(
You should set one as default so you only have to use a slash command for one of them!

Just going to assume that this is them doing what should have been done, in making WP a real alternative to AK by making it a little harder, and making it drop myth as well. This will also help with the reserving instances to AK since people will be spread across 2 instances.

Of course this only works if they really make it equivalent, as in same tomes per typical clear time. I do not expect perfection in that regard in their first pass though.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Just going to assume that this is them doing what should have been done, in making WP a real alternative to AK by making it a little harder, and making it drop myth as well. This will also help with the reserving instances to AK since people will be spread across 2 instances.

Of course this only works if they really make it equivalent, as in same tomes per typical clear time. I do not expect perfection in that regard in their first pass though.

The should add level 50 versions of low level dungeons right now.

I'm very bored of AK/CM/Prae/Wanderer there is no point to go old dungeons for nothing, level 50 difficulty and new drops should make it interesting.

Mupod

"The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted" is so hilariously ambiguous. It could mean ANYTHING.

Anyways, I'm already sick of AK after doing it maybe 6 times, so alternatives would be welcome. I did WP as much as I could get away with, but it's harder to form groups for that and I already have all the drops from there I might want (the shield and...that's it).

This gearing-up grind has been frustrating because I don't feel like I'm making any progress. I've gotten basically no drops at all out of AK (aside from my neck which was a tiny upgrade), and no weapons from the primals. Tomestones are kind of unexciting and slow-going, since I need to save up so many for my head+chest and leg+feet pieces.

rykomatsu

Everyone that I've had the pleasure of partying with in the Ultros FC thus far has been great. Even after all those hydra wipes (lol) yesterday, it was good to see everyone sticking it out with nary a complaint.

Though, I did find some racism towards Keepers of the Moon Miqo'te ;-)

<se.6>

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've been away from the game for a couple of weeks. I read about some issue where people could pretty much hack the game to modify any numbers they pleased. Has Square Enix done anything about that yet?

"The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted" is so hilariously ambiguous. It could mean ANYTHING.

This is intentional, so players won't change what they are doing before the actual patch happens.

Anyways, I'm already sick of AK after doing it maybe 6 times, so alternatives would be welcome. I did WP as much as I could get away with, but it's harder to form groups for that and I already have all the drops from there I might want (the shield and...that's it).

The hotfix is adding Myth tome drops to other dungeons. How much, and what will happen to the dungeons themselves when they are "adjusted" is the $12.99 question we're all asking right now. ($12.99 is of the course the cost of the Entry sub.)

This gearing-up grind has been frustrating because I don't feel like I'm making any progress. I've gotten basically no drops at all out of AK (aside from my neck which was a tiny upgrade), and no weapons from the primals. Tomestones are kind of unexciting and slow-going, since I need to save up so many for my head+chest and leg+feet pieces.

Tera's grind was much much worse. Gear upgrading systems in MMOs are horrid and Tera's was incredibly Korean, the RNG luck you needed to +12 your gear without committing suicide first was unreal.

The best way to gear up is to run AK repeatedly, because the Hoplite stuff is super-decent and you can easily fill up almost every slot with Hoplite in a reasonable number of runs. After a few weeks of nearly endless AK I had almost full Hoplite, Peltast, Demagogue, and Toxotes sets just sitting around for my future jobs, one of which ended up being BRD. I basically hit 50 on BRD a week later and had full Toxotes and Garuda's Spine waiting for me.

The slots you miss in AK (helm is the hardest to get to drop) can then be filled in with DL. Once you are all AK + some DL you are ready to hit Titan HM and get your Relic. This progression is pretty smooth, and at this point you'll probably have enough Myth tomes for your first AF+1 piece (for tanks, chest is the recommended item). Once you've got your Relic, your first AF+1 piece, and most other slots filled out with DL you are ready to hit the Coil.

I thought the name was great at first, that changes once you realize how petty a player they are.

I do believe it is our responsibility, to the awesomeness of his name, to provide guidance to said player. A new player may get overwhelmed by the noted trolly atmosphere of the FC, and not realize the boundaries of their actions while also not understanding why other people in the guild can get away with being dickbags in joking manners. He clearly seems new since he saw not being helped in a mmorpg for such a short time as a sign of selfishness, and not something that you have to forgive since everyone playing is actively going about their own things and can't be expected to come to the aid of someone else at the drop of a hat.

Just saying. He has a really good name.

The should add level 50 versions of low level dungeons right now.

I'm very bored of AK/CM/Prae/Wanderer there is no point to go old dungeons for nothing, level 50 difficulty and new drops should make it interesting.

As much as it annoys me, this seems to be the only thing they can do at this point even if I don't like them just reusing content like that. What would have been ideal would have been just flat out removing some of the random non story dungeons along the way to 50, and instead making them lv 50 instances to the equivalent of AK and WP right from the start. Something like Darkhold, with it's unique mechanics, no real reason to go multiple times, and no story reason behind the level it is at would have worked much better as a cap instance without leaving a noticable gap in the leveling path. There are a number of others that could also work in the same way that I know that people just already skip, or run once for hunting log.

Too late now for that kind of thing so my point is worthless.

• ray-j-gifhqs3z.gif

I do believe it is our responsibility, to the awesomeness of his name, to provide guidance to said player. A new player may get overwhelmed by the noted trolly atmosphere of the FC, and not realize the boundaries of their actions while also not understanding why other people in the guild can get away with being dickbags in joking manners. He clearly seems new since he saw not being helped in a mmorpg for such a short time as a sign of selfishness, and not something that you have to forgive since everyone playing is actively going about their own things and can't be expected to come to the aid of someone else at the drop of a hat.

His name is itself a troll name, he acts like a troll in FC chat, and starts stupid drama like "refusing to heal elitists". I don't think you were online when that was going on in FC chat, we were actually busy wiping in Turn 4 and paused to shake our collective heads when that shit was going on. Oh yeah, and I was online for when he casually bragged about purposely trolling DD by killing the lambs. It is 100% anti-social douchebag behavior to purposely troll that FATE by ending it so other people cannot level up. I'm sorry, his entire pattern of behavior is against every guiding social spirit of MMOs and furthermore his trolling of DD makes our whole guild look bad because there's a huge <GAF> next to his name while he's killing lambs in Northern Thanalan.

1ku7rTB.jpg

Lain

Everyone that I've had the pleasure of partying with in the Ultros FC thus far has been great. Even after all those hydra wipes (lol) yesterday, it was good to see everyone sticking it out with nary a complaint.

Though, I did find some racism towards Keepers of the Moon Miqo'te ;-)

<se.6>

WAT?!?! But Keepers of the Moon Miqo'te are awesome!!!
Guys, I'm disappoint.

Alucrid

Banned

As much as it annoys me, this seems to be the only thing they can do at this point even if I don't like them just reusing content like that. What would have been ideal would have been just flat out removing some of the random non story dungeons along the way to 50, and instead making them lv 50 instances to the equivalent of AK and WP right from the start. Something like Darkhold, with it's unique mechanics, no real reason to go multiple times, and no story reason behind the level it is at would have worked much better as a cap instance without leaving a noticable gap in the leveling path. There are a number of others that could also work in the same way that I know that people just already skip, or run once for hunting log.

Too late now for that kind of thing so my point is worthless.

He reported another FC member for 'harassment' and /tell'd them about it while they were AFK. Not to mention that this is probably one of the most helpful members within the FC who had pretty much zero contact with the person before this happened. He's not 'misguided', he's just a douche.

Also what Unknown Soldier said.

Mupod

Tera's grind was much much worse. Gear upgrading systems in MMOs are horrid and Tera's was incredibly Korean, the RNG luck you needed to +12 your gear without committing suicide first was unreal.

Oh, I know. I know. After the 30th Baldur's Refuge that I got absolutely nothing for doing I logged off and pretty much never came back. At least doing AK gets me SOME progress. And crafting is fun in between dungeons. A little TOO fun, I'm constantly funneling all my money into it and all I have to show for it is a pile of HQ french toast. After my thanksgiving weekend away from home I have tons of leves ready to burn through for Armorer though.

He reported another FC member for 'harassment' and /tell'd them about it while they were AFK. Not to mention that this is probably one of the most helpful members within the FC who had pretty much zero contact with the person before this happened.

Well then maybe that FC member shouldn't have been harassing others?

You people. I preface AND postface my comment by rationalizing it just because of his name and still get the argument taken seriously.

Oh, I know. I know. After the 30th Baldur's Refuge that I got absolutely nothing for doing I logged off and pretty much never came back. At least doing AK gets me SOME progress. And crafting is fun in between dungeons. A little TOO fun, I'm constantly funneling all my money into it and all I have to show for it is a pile of HQ french toast. After my thanksgiving weekend away from home I have tons of leves ready to burn through for Armorer though.

That too was a major problem with Tera, the obviously Korean roots. Sure the world felt bigger and it seemed like there was more to do, but there also felt like there was no real gain to putting in that effort if you just went on an unlucky run.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
He reported another FC member for 'harassment' and /tell'd them about it while they were AFK. Not to mention that this is probably one of the most helpful members within the FC who had pretty much zero contact with the person before this happened. He's not 'misguided', he's just a douche.

Also what Unknown Soldier said.

I agree with everything the two of you have said and seen it multiple times. Why is he still a member of the FC with all that being said?

Also-anyone who kills lambs to troll the roughly 100 people who are spending time grinding up jobs so we can enjoy end game content is just a miserable human being. It is just so unnecessary.

Mileena

Banned

It's like us grinding for narga gear.... only way less fun

Dunan

But now that I've hit level 40 I'm seeing people spamming three-letter acronyms and terminology that have no meaning to me. It's like everyone speaks some form of english that only they understand.

I know exactly how you feel. I still can't get over just how impenetrable MMOs and their in-gtoup language can sometimes be. Not just the chat between players, but also the game's mechanics. The latest one for me was the "need/greed/pass" thing when finding items in dungeons. I see the need for a single word to express each of "I really want this item", "I'd like to have this item, but don't desperately need it", and "I have no use for this item", but when the game then tells you that you're "rolling greed" and getting some random number, it can be a little confusing. (Does this mechanic come from Dungeons and Dragons?)

I still think this game needed to do a better job of introducing the MMO-exclusive concepts that an RPG veteran would have no idea about, and making them very, very clear. Individual enmity, the requirement to target something first before acting, and the fact that you cannot pause the game, even when soloing come to mind.

If this game didn't have the Final Fantasy name on it, I probably would have been more open to the radically-new things that it introduces. But since it does, I went in thinking it would be like FF12, only with other players out in the world. Nope; under the hood it's very different.

Kitoro

Are we going to have to wait until 2am for patch notes? The least they could do is give us something to read while we wait!

Ketsen

Can never have enough battle bongos. <se.6>

I feel like I should be leveling up Marauder for that last cross-class skill for my Paladin, or maybe something entirely different, like a DPS job as a secondary. Buuut knowing my habits I'll just default into mining or fishing after the update instead.

(Hooray, finally out of lurking status!)

Mupod

I feel like I should be leveling up Marauder for that last cross-class skill for my Paladin, or maybe something entirely different, like a DPS job as a secondary.

Mercy stroke is kind of shitty when you get it expecting WoW execute, but at this point I can't imagine not having it. I like anything that's not on this game's ridiculously long global cooldown and the heal has saved my butt a couple times when soloing.

Anyways, you know a boss battle theme is awesome when you spend ages fighting Garuda then go listen to the song some more when you're offline.

KeRaSh

I finally downloaded FFXIV ARR on my gaming PC yesterday (1.0 CE). Not sure if I will use it anytime soon, though. Right now I'm perfectly happy with the PS3 version but I might switch for dungeons if the "NO PS3" thing gets worse.

The main thing that's keeping me away from the PC version is the fact that I would have to resort to using that shitty Sixaxis tool to get my PS3 controller to work, which messes up my 360 PC controller drivers up again but after having played FFXIV with a superior controller for a month now, it would suck to play with anything else.

first world problem

The PS4 controller apparently works like any other PC controller right off the bat so that would be a perfect opportunity to switch to the PC until the PS4 version comes out next year.
I might give the PC version a shot tonight an if the details and framerate flash me as much as they did back in the day, I will probably ignore everything I said above and just deal with it for a month...

I really want to read the official patch notes... Come on SE!

Dunan

I Especially for a Japanese writer, who's a few generations removed from horrifyingly-advanced empires encroaching on his homeland with a political hierarchy nominally based on animism, a situation only resolved when the empires were co-opted by reform-minded locals.

I don't mean to start a big old brouhaha here, but this sentence makes perfect sense if the writer has Ainu or Okinawan roots, but makes none at all if he's of the Yamato majority.

I don't mean to start a big old brouhaha here, but this sentence makes perfect sense if the writer has Ainu or Okinawan roots, but makes none at all if he's of the Yamato majority.

And I still argue that Gaius was right.

Eorzea is a place where humanoids are locked in eternal civil war with beastmen who summon Primals that kill wantonly and without mercy. The governments of all three city states are all equally flawed, one was founded by lawless pirates, the second lives in eternal terror of elementals who dictate who lives or dies, and the third is basically Midgar ruled by a corrupt alliance of a hereditary monarchy and plutocrats. Oh, and we haven't even touched on the religious zealotry of the fourth city-state, Ishgard, ruled with absolute authority by a Pope who sends out Inquisitors to declare death in judgment from arbitrary witch-hunts.

All Gaius wanted to do was bring peace, stability, and order to a realm which was locked in eternal internecine warfare, worshipping false Gods, and on the brink of being destroyed by the Primals, the summoned false Gods of beastmen. If he used Ultima Weapon to destroy the primals and scatter the beast tribes, imposed a single uniform government and abolished the useless city-states, and ended the feuding of the various factions, the people of Eorzea would have benefited greatly.

Instead, Gaius is gone. The beastmen are summoning even more powerful and dangerous forms of the Primals. Bahamut is awakening from 5 years of slumber and Ultima Weapon, which could have been used to defeat him, is no more. The people of Eorzea still live in fear that their end could come at any moment, on the end of a beastman's spear, crushed under the fury of a Primal, or annihilated by Bahamut himself. Gaius would have stopped all this, and saved Eorzea.

/tear
/imperialsalute

Tash

Eorzea is a place where humanoids are locked in eternal civil war with beastmen who summon Primals that kill wantonly and without mercy. The governments of all three city states are all equally flawed, one was founded by lawless pirates, the second lives in eternal terror of elementals who dictate who lives or dies, and the third is basically Midgar ruled by a corrupt alliance of a hereditary monarchy and plutocrats. Oh, and we haven't even touched on the religious zealotry of the fourth city-state, Ishgard, ruled with absolute authority by a Pope who sends out Inquisitors to declare death in judgment from arbitrary witch-hunts.

All Gaius wanted to do was bring peace, stability, and order to a realm which was locked in eternal internecine warfare, worshipping false Gods, and on the brink of being destroyed by the Primals, the summoned false Gods of beastmen. If he used Ultima Weapon to destroy the primals and scatter the beast tribes, imposed a single uniform government and abolished the useless city-states, and ended the feuding of the various factions, the people of Eorzea would have benefited greatly.

Instead, Gaius is gone. The beastmen are summoning even more powerful and dangerous forms of the Primals. Bahamut is awakening from 5 years of slumber and Ultima Weapon, which could have been used to defeat him, is no more. The people of Eorzea still live in fear that their end could come at any moment, on the end of a beastman's spear, crushed under the fury of a Primal, or annihilated by Bahamut himself. Gaius would have stopped all this, and saved Eorzea.

/tear
/imperialsalute

that makes way too much sense :/

Ferr986

/tear
/imperialsalute

but you seems to forget how the imperiasl invaded, slaved and killed innocent citizens in their way to "save" Eorzea. And you forget how Gaius treated the three nations to kill them with the Ultima weapons if they didnt agree to surrender (included, again, the innocent civiliants).
What would be of Eorzea if Gaius ruled? A dictatorial regime where everyone who doesnt follow their rules would get killed.

There was right in Gaius words, but not in his actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom