• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
ultros titan hm pls

wtb titan carry 5gil

You missed 4 runs yesterday! (though all but 1 of us were running alts through)

That stuff typically happens near the end of the week if people are bored after getting all their Coil and Mythology done.

I still think people should have to fight that thing constantly for a minimum of 2 weeks before getting carried. The fight needs to be learned.

Ken

You missed 4 runs yesterday! (though all but 1 of us were running alts through)

That stuff typically happens near the end of the week if people are bored after getting all their Coil and Mythology done.

I still think people should have to fight that thing constantly for a minimum of 2 weeks before getting carried. The fight needs to be learned.

wanna carry me b4 coil? D:

TheWriter

First time "seeing" the Odin FATE today without Odin but lots of Chocobos, minions and N-words that got thrown around. Also, everyone wiped and I raised some Miqo'te before laughing to the bank and vanishing.
This is some seriously dumb stuff, absolutely horrible on all accounts.

Mandoric

Banned
He stated quite plainly (and this is ihis marketing quote so I don't think I need to tag it) that essentially he is in the right to take Eorzea because no one has the STR to stop him. It's the exact same thing I said but on a larger scale.

This is not about his motivation but about why he feels justified in seeking his motivation in the methods he does

It's essentially the fantasy RPG version of the "white man's burden" justification for colonialism. He considers Eorzea's completely ineffective resistance further evidence that it's better off with him in charge.

This is in itself pretty disgusting, especially compared to Cid's approach, but it's an approach born of paternalism rather than pure sadism and can be seen as the first step in history which can be reasoned with. Especially for a Japanese writer, who's a few generations removed from horrifyingly-advanced empires encroaching on his homeland with a political hierarchy nominally based on animism, a situation only resolved when the empires were co-opted by reform-minded locals.

I'm probably reading a bit too much into this as an Ul'dahan, expecting to participate in a
Nanamo Restoration
at some point made possible by disenfranchised Ala Mhigan manpower and access to Magitek.

First time "seeing" the Odin FATE today without Odin but lots of Chocobos, minions and N-words that got thrown around. Also, everyone wiped and I raised some Miqo'te before laughing to the bank and vanishing.
This is some seriously dumb stuff, absolutely horrible on all accounts.

Both Behemoth and Odin FATE's are to be ignored at all costs.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got my miner to 45 before maintenence and bought myself the full set of HQ Miner AF for about 80k. 5 levels early but I figure the value of that might actually go up later this week with more people that might bother to level it with the xp changes.

Once that is at 50 I'll go back and finish getting my SMN to 50 so I can start doing end-game stuff properly again, and perhaps level GSM on the side.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Fuck

This game is ruining my life

I just did a 27 hour marathon @_@!

Mother of Christ!

Hey at least I capped Myth to 300, took 8 hours

Come on SE and do a cap reset, PLEASE!

Can get an extra 300 tomes ^_^

I made 2 sets gear doing the 8 AK runs, got full Starategos and Peltast
Hilarious I made my WHM jfriend ealous, he's farmed AK even after cap just for that Strat Ring, I got in on 2nd AK run, then it dropped again on the 4th, LOL

Now I go Slumber! and awake right as maint finishes, damn I need an intervention

GraveRobberX

Got my miner to 45 before maintenence and bought myself the full set of HQ Miner AF for about 80k. 5 levels early but I figure the value of that might actually go up later this week with more people that might bother to level it with the xp changes.

Once that is at 50 I'll go back and finish getting my SMN to 50 so I can start doing end-game stuff properly again, and perhaps level GSM on the side.

Learn your one hour node cycle, enjoy decent money

Used to be good to excellent, but too many level 50's and BOT's have fucked the supply real hard

If you want an example here goes: All Times are Eorzean time (you change the clock from real to server to eorzean)

5AM - Eastern Thanalan - Slot #2 - Gold Sand
Mine up fire shard/crystals next to the High Bridge area, remember every 30 eorzean minutes = 1 real minute, so 1 eorzean hour = 2 minutes
9AM - Easter Thanalan:
Slot #6 -Gold Ore
Slot #7 -Coblyn Minion
1:00PM - Mor Dhona - Clusters + Grade 4 Carbonized Matter, Slot #1-7 G4CM is 1, others are elemental clusters, Slot 8 is troll, nothing there
5:00PM - Mor Dhona - Clusters + Grade 4 Carbonized Matter
9:00PM - Mor Dhona - Clusters + Grade 4 Carbonized Matter
9:00PM - Coerthas - Slot #7 - Astral Rock
1:00AM - Coerthas - Slot #3 - Darksteel Ore

Then if you have your home points set to E. Thanalan, repeat the whole damn cycle if you want

There's more stuff, but La Noscea stuff is fucking garbage

Best skills to pop are Unearth II and Sharp Vision II or III
Toll is not necessary after first time, it pointless to use it, unless you want 6 strikes and your 6th being chain #5 that automatically gives you HQ version 100% by using that free proc skill (ores/rocks, mostly)
For clusters, use Kings Yield II for those elements you don't get the 400GP ability
So miners can use Fire, Lightning, Water

Welcome to mining level 50 nodes, now enjoy the cycle

Ken

did you know you can fit two lalas one chair

jZwoInNzAwYfL.png

pitbull

Banned
Holy Fuck

This game is ruining my life

I just did a 27 hour marathon @_@!

Mother of Christ!

Hey at least I capped Myth to 300, took 8 hours

Come on SE and do a cap reset, PLEASE!

Can get an extra 300 tomes ^_^

I made 2 sets gear doing the 8 AK runs, got full Starategos and Peltast
Hilarious I made my WHM jfriend ealous, he's farmed AK even after cap just for that Strat Ring, I got in on 2nd AK run, then it dropped again on the 4th, LOL

Now I go Slumber! and awake right as maint finishes, damn I need an intervention

maintenance reset tomes!!! hell yes an extra 300!

GraveRobberX

I have been getting super lucky with gold ores & gold sand
(Yesterday and Today)

czSPCldl.jpg

G9MU3WMl.jpg

FMRLD2kl.jpg

b0fkcWQl.jpg

8TmpuIhl.jpg

Got my revenge on Hydra, eat Relic+1 Asshole, Fear Itself my ass!
ZYSXkT0l.jpg

Goofing off in AK playing with fireworks through-out every battle lol:
fdvWzAFl.jpg

Hgyuq1jl.jpg

maintenance reset tomes!!! hell yes an extra 300!

It's a huge if, not a certainty pitbull, don't hold me to it

I just capped AK just in case SE does their delicious, did we do something wrong or miss anything, nah! routine

aceface

Looking forward to everything getting nerfed and Satasha yielding 100 tomes tomorrow. This isn't sarcasm, I really am. RIP in peace hardcore.

Highly annoyed that I only need 100 myth tomes to get my Relic+1 and yet I won't be able to get them until tomorrow evening. Thanks, work + maintenance.

Aeana

Logged out for maintenance. I wonder what'll be broken tomorrow.

ps, Thanks Yennaiv for forcing me to learn SCH rapidly. Post-heart attack, I'm much more comfortable with the job already.

ps, Thanks Yennaiv for forcing me to learn SCH rapidly. Post-heart attack, I'm much more comfortable with the job already.

I keep putting off learning how to heal(SCH) because I know Yen will pull half the instance on my first time. D:

Ultrabum

My main is monk, but I lvled scholar as well. So I have a titan book, and all the AK armor for sch, but I have never healed anything but AK. How does one properly heal with SCH? Because people see my gear and think I know what I am doing but I am just pushing buttons.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Stayed almost 8 minutes past the scheduled downtime til it kicked me. Was hilarious watching this person running to undercut me, then I would pull my retainer out where they couldn't see the prices when they got to the bell, then they'd run back to the board...

...yeah, I think I've had all the fun I can take for one night. Thanks to Guy for keeping me company 'til the last minute!

Edit: ON the topic of Yenna, just found out who he is today. *sings It's a Small World After All*

Mupod

oh come on, that pug could have totally downed garuda with one more attempt. We only wiped because the dragoon lemming'd into slipstream and they couldn't kill the last add in time.

at least now I got some practice tanking the last half of the fight. Confident enough to do it with GAF if people want to run it sometime, and my god do I need a new sword so badly. Ifrit won't drop it and he's soooo boring I'd rather just die to Garuda.

Infinitydragon

Neo Member

i joined yen for a couple of ak runs today with my noob SCH and lets just say that yen's method of pulling mobs is the fastest way to learn how to heal or die trying.

I definitely know how to play a SCH now though.

Khatoz

i joined yen for a couple of ak runs today with my noob SCH and lets just say that yen's method of pulling mobs is the fastest way to learn how to heal or die trying.

I definitely know how to play a SCH now though.

What's the point of doing AK if you can't pull 3 groups at the same time @_@

Both of you did great, thanks for healing my impatient Pally self.

Is it just me or are most ppl in the GAF FC unhelpful at best, and flat out selfish at worst?

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they've adopted a FUCK YOU GOT MINE attitude to helping newbies.

Maybe I should consider switching FCs.

Oh man, 20 whole minutes? This coming from the same guy who wouldn't teleport himself to Coerthas for Chimera? Sure why don't I teleport two extra times to pick you up and bring you to something you needed also.

The same guy who left two FC members hanging mid AK run because he misunderstood something the pug tank said? Sure, let's waste everyone's time by leaving the instance screaming and crying "elitist". (I wasn't there for this one, but I had the fun of watching it unfold over FC chat)

And lastly, this:

cqCajcM.png

lol, yeah I think you should stop considering it and go ahead and find another FC.

I sure hope this is Anime Bodypillow

What's the point of doing AK if you can't pull 3 groups at the same time @_@

Both of you did great thanks for healing my impatient Pally self.

I hope they make changes to WP, cant see what impatient method you come up with. Ignore adds and nuke the king? Pull the instance through stalkers? What will satisfy you Yen?!

Khatoz

I hope they make changes to WP, cant see what impatient method you come up with. Ignore adds and nuke the king? Pull the instance through stalkers? What will satisfy you Yen?!

In AK been thinking of pulling the Dulahan with the first 3 groups on the second part.

Now WP is a fun place to chain pull!! @_@

gatti-man

I tried to get some tomes just in case of a reset and just to que for AK with a premade the wait was crazy long DF was beyond impossible. I qued solo dps for over an hour with nothing. Then I qued with a healer we waited over 40 minutes before settling on cm. thanks a lot SE. Don't make AK mandatory then make it impossible to que up.

Aeana

I tried to get some tomes just in case of a reset and just to que for AK with a premade the wait was crazy long DF was beyond impossible. I qued solo dps for over an hour with nothing. Then I qued with a healer we waited over 40 minutes before settling on cm. thanks a lot SE. Don't make AK mandatory then make it impossible to que up.
This is something that's being addressed in the update tonight.

Oh man, 20 whole minutes? This coming from the same guy who wouldn't teleport himself to Coerthas for Chimera? Sure why don't I teleport two extra times to pick you up and bring you to something you needed also.

The same guy who left two FC members hanging mid AK run because he misunderstood something the pug tank said? Sure, let's waste everyone's time by leaving the instance screaming and crying "elitist". (I wasn't there for this one, but I had the fun of watching it unfold over FC chat)

And lastly, this:

cqCajcM.png

lol, yeah I think you should stop considering it and go ahead and find another FC.

I sure hope this is Anime Bodypillow

The name alone makes him untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom