• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

I've never left a CT run (or any dungeon for that matter) after getting an item drop I was looking for or not getting it in the chests where it drops. That's kind of a jerk move in a community that's already full of people who're all about "screw you, I got mine".

I ran CT with some friends the other night and we had two people who were new to it in our party. We took the time to explain how the fights went and just joked around while the other two parties were all SRS BUSINESS. One of the two went out of his way to make a character in our server after the run was done just to thank us for being a great group/being really nice to other people, which was something he'd rarely seen. Took us completely by surprise!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Oooooh just unlocked my first job, White Mage and realized I didnt need to level that up too. They really streamlined/made things easier with alot of stuff in 14 as opposed to 11 lol.

I've usually stick it out but there are too many CT alliances full of trolls and I don't have all the time in the day to stay in runs like that.

Teknoman

Talk about a close one. Ran tam-tara in a roulette as pugilist, we managed to slice up the mindflayer literally a few seconds before maintenance initiated. And one of our party members was new to the dungeon to boot. That should leave a nice experience for them to remember.

I'm sure a lot of us just queue for CT, take an item and then just leave...CT just isn't worth it nowadays.

In in for the long run for better or worse...but I can understand people jumping in and out for an item. Now trolls? No comprende. I just dont see how someone could get enjoyment like that. Maybe ganking people a few times if the game had open pvp...but just straight causing mass death along with their own?

Talk about a close one. Ran tam-tara in a roulette as pugilist, we managed to slice up the mindflayer literally a few seconds before maintenance initiated. And one of our party members was new to the dungeon to boot. That should leave a nice experience for them to remember.

In in for the long run for better or worse...but I can understand people jumping in and out for an item. Now trolls? No comprende. I just dont see how someone could get enjoyment like that. Maybe ganking people a few times if the game had open pvp...but just straight causing mass death along with their own?

I had to tank Ifrit NM as pugilist the other day because we got a troll tank who aggroed and then just ran around in circles.

Hilariously enough, he was the only one who died.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hotfixes (Mar. 10)
A countermeasure has been implemented for the issue wherein servers were experiencing heavy load.

The following adjustments have been made to the ready check feature.
Players can no longer use the ready check feature if they have generated any enmity on a monster. If a party member who has yet to generate any enmity initiates a ready check, the ready check confirmation answer for players that have generated enmity against a monster will automatically be submitted as “No.”
A “Respond Later” option has been added. When this option is selected, the player can place a temporary hold on answering the ready check confirmation. To submit an answer after selecting to respond later, select “Ready Check” from the social menu to re-open the ready check confirmation dialogue box. If the player is still using the “Respond Later” status after the 30-second confirmation period elapses, that player’s answer will be automatically submitted as “No.”
The name of the player who initiated the ready check will now be displayed on-screen and in the chat logs.
The results window will no longer automatically reappear after a player has selected a ready status.

The following issues have been addressed.
An issue wherein the level of the Plasmoid monsters in Outer La Noscea were incorrect.
An issue wherein a portion of dialogue spoken by the NPC “J’brohka” in Eastern La Noscea was displayed in Japanese.
An issue wherein the journal’s listed objective for the tradecraft levequest “Red Letter Day” was listed as “Tomato Pie” when it should have been “Rolanberry Lassi.

Yay

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I had an amazing JIP (Join in Progress) for CT last night

I needed 145 myth to cap for the week, so I just went on WAR and just clicked JIP as the extra option, all these 3 CT's were back to back to back

1st CT > Walk of Lament (took 30 min)
2nd CT > KB (Win Healer Body) (took 25 min)
3rd CT > Acheron (10 min)

So 1 Full CT = my 3 CT JIP, I think Sunday is just the best day to cap myth out as a tank
So many people quit...

King_Moc

Banned
As a warrior sitting on 1000 myth in darklight armour with a relic weapon, is my priority to upgrade the armour, or get the relic+1 weapon. I'm guessing the armour, but I'm not sure if the new weapon is maybe worth it for extra enmity.

Ken

As a warrior sitting on 1000 myth in darkish armour with a relic weapon, is my priority to upgrade the armour, or get the relic+1 weapon. I'm guessing the armour, but I'm not sure if the new weapon is maybe worth it for extra enmity.

It's really up to you although I'm of the opinion that the extra weapon damage isn't that big a factor in emnity gain. Of course when 2.2 rolls out in a few weeks and the myth cap is removed you won't have to stress about it! If you really want a guide to gear progress with the goal of running The Binding Coil, then the most general thing would be to prioritize an accuracy of around 472 (the general number for landing 99% of hits in Turns 4 and 5, can't recall the accuracy for lower turns) and then Vitality to survive stuff obviously and finally Parry for damage mitigation; everything else doesn't matter too much. Don't forget you can supplement gear progression with a piece of Crystal Tower gear that is i80 once a week. Just taking into account myth cost per piece, maybe pick up the CT chest and leg piece since that saves you two weeks of myth to use on other pieces of equipment?

Also here's a handy site: http://www.ariyala.com/ffxiv/gear.html

Kem0sabe

Not sure i will resubscribe after the free month is out, the game is nice and all but the linear levels and quest progression is getting a bit on my nerves. Still, until the 15th i'll keep playing for the character story alone.

King_Moc

Banned
It's really up to you although I'm of the opinion that the extra weapon damage isn't that big a factor in emnity gain. Of course when 2.2 rolls out in a few weeks and the myth cap is removed you won't have to stress about it! If you really want a guide to gear progress with the goal of running The Binding Coil, then the most general thing would be to prioritize an accuracy of around 472 (the general number for landing 99% of hits in Turns 4 and 5, can't recall the accuracy for lower turns) and then Vitality to survive stuff obviously and finally Parry for damage mitigation; everything else doesn't matter too much. Don't forget you can supplement gear progression with a piece of Crystal Tower gear that is i80 once a week. Just taking into account myth cost per piece, maybe pick up the CT chest and leg piece since that saves you two weeks of myth to use on other pieces of equipment?

Also here's a handy site: http://www.ariyala.com/ffxiv/gear.html

Very helpful, thanks!

Stuart444

I never leave after I get an Item in CT though sometimes it's tempting but I don't like it when others do it so why would I do it myself?

Only times I ever leave CT is if the group I'm in has literally no chance of winning. Usually because one alliance is full of trolls (or even just one of them is a troll but it's a premade party so no one will kick each other.

Not often that I get a group that just can't complete a run but it has happened.

On a similar note: The other week while doing CT before a maintenance, we had just gotten KB down and we had JUST enough time to finish Archeon before we were due to be kicked... however during the second ancient flare, one group decided to not get on the pads and we weren't able to finish it. :/ Totally troll'd us all.

edit:

An issue wherein a portion of dialogue spoken by the NPC “J’brohka” in Eastern La Noscea was displayed in Japanese.

A portion? Both when I speak and when I select the more info on binding coil selection was in Japanese lol.

Nice to see some good changes to the ready check feature though.

GraveRobberX

Heads up to PS3 users, Sony will be doing a PSN maintenance today

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/120716b810a7321f49d0d8ba63c6a8e050a0da11

At the following time, Sony Computer Entertainment will be performing maintenance on the PSN℠. During this period, players on the PlayStation® 3 version will be unable to log into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please note that players that are already logged in can continue to play as long as they remain logged in.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 10, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- PlayStation® 3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

So yeah, log in by 12:30PM EST, don't log off till 6:00PM

Stuart444

The Playstation EU twitter is saying the maintenance is from 3pm til 3am aka 12 hours btw while the lodestone says it's only til 10pm (from 4:30pm) GMT.

CT is fun if everyone knows what to do.

But then sometimes you get those Alliances that aim Valefor tails at your groups.

And don't kill Platinals.

And leave the Atomos plate / die to the adds.

And let the pots die to Sandmen.

And don't kill the bombs

And let the comets die / place them near twisters or KB / let the towers die

And don't kill claws

And don't step on the fucking plate to raise the fucking shield and that fucking yellow bastard kills everyone

But aside from that, CT is fun!

Isaccard

You guys make CT seem like a chore

You're not forced to do content, there are several ways to get your myth there's nothing wrong with the ole loot and scoot. Nobody wants to be in CT, and everyone's time is far to precious to waste wiping on boss x because one group can't get it together, or there one or two members up to #antics. S'what join in progress is for. While personally I've never done it, if it makes you a jerk for doing so, welp

Eccocid

I was checking FC list today and i noticed something. Some of the online players had this msg written next to their name "Another World"

What does it mean? Are they in different server? Can you jump between worlds?

Cetra

So I just dinged level 50PLD (First level 50) last night, and now I sit here at work looking for a good website to find gearing guides and such. Most of what I'm seeing was published in October and hasn't been updated. Anyone know a good site that regularly updated and has an active community?

Back in my FFXI days I used Allakhazam and Killing Ifrit, but I can't seem to find the FFXIV equivalencies.

Also, I'm level 30ish Armorer, and I'm looking at the next 20 levels and going WTF? Is there anything of value I can do with that class at late game which is useful besides affixing Materia?

Or should I switch and go GSM and BSM instead?

Thanks!

dramatis

So I just dinged level 50PLD (First level 50) last night, and now I sit here at work looking for a good website to find gearing guides and such. Most of what I'm seeing was published in October and hasn't been updated. Anyone know a good site that regularly updated and has an active community?

Back in my FFXI days I used Allakhazam and Killing Ifrit, but I can't seem to find the FFXIV equivalencies.

Also, I'm level 30ish Armorer, and I'm looking at the next 20 levels and going WTF? Is there anything of value I can do with that class at late game which is useful besides affixing Materia?

Thanks!
Your new best friend: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/

Nothing in crafting right now is particularly useful, because it is so easy to get better gear than crafted gear. This will most likely change with the next patch, which includes new recipes for crafted gear.

GraveRobberX

Thanks!

I use this, not perfect, it's your choice of whatever you want your char to excel at

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-paladin-pld-best-slot-end-game-gear-guide/

As you see there's Ideal, Good & finally Less Alternative

You try to start in Less and work towards Ideal

As a PLD, you really want to get go for things that drop in the later Turns, so grabbing hands, head, (body due to head, cause tin can DL fucks you in the regard) is a good start on your myth spending, once the flood gates open for no more cap for myth and coil lockout, then you can just ilvl90 fully in Myth gear them work on Coil 1-5 and slot in BiS items to make yourself ready for the next tier of content, when you feel ready for it

Crafting-wise, the game really didn't help itself, to keep the game economy fresh and the cycle of buying and selling going
Sooner or later, crafters rather than buy materials, just gathered their own stuff or gatherers saw not much in return in doing the labor just started crafting those raw materials into stuff to sell
If you're self-sufficient, you get out ahead a lot, the crafter who can gather or a gatherer who can craft, has nice returns

In the beginning the way game made you feel like that you need armorer and black-smithing to coincide with your tank class, was complete bullshit
It brought in miniscule returns, it wasn't a mutual or beneficial grouping
More people just get gear fixed from vendor than go get lvl40+ and use dark matter to repair their gear

If your leveling crafting for gil, that ship has sailed a long time ago, certain people do have chokeholds on certain markets, they can swallow losses to get rid of you or if you get into a hot market, sooner or later under-cutters will come in and shit away all the profits by lowering the price so much, that the time invested into getting said materials isn't worth it to most

Remember, that in a few weeks, all this shit goes out the window, and new stuff will replace all of this, so yeah

some people in my fc can't even be arsed to do coil anymore. no reason to go there when you have everything you need and can farm it to hell for alts in a few weeks. less drive with all those great game releases lately too.

GraveRobberX

some people in my fc can't even be arsed to do coil anymore. no reason to go there when you have everything you need and can farm it to hell for alts in a few weeks. less drive with all those great game releases lately too.

Don't worry, just wait till SE unleashes 2.2 Trailer, like they did with 2.1

Watch as people get hyped and the next month just bash heads against new and refreshed old content, then wan when they get tired and the cycle repeats

Turn 8 or 9 better be fucking cockblock of extreme scale, if Turn 9 gets beaten within a few days hell a week or two... Jesus!

Cetra

I use this, not perfect, it's your choice of whatever you want your char to excel at

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-paladin-pld-best-slot-end-game-gear-guide/

As you see there's Ideal, Good & finally Less Alternative

You try to start in Less and work towards Ideal

As a PLD, you really want to get go for things that drop in the later Turns, so grabbing hands, head, (body due to head, cause tin can DL fucks you in the regard) is a good start on your myth spending, once the flood gates open for no more cap for myth and coil lockout, then you can just ilvl90 fully in Myth gear them work on Coil 1-5 and slot in BiS items to make yourself ready for the next tier of content, when you feel ready for it

Crafting-wise, the game really didn't help itself, to keep the game economy fresh and the cycle of buying and selling going
Sooner or later, crafters rather than buy materials, just gathered their own stuff or gatherers saw not much in return in doing the labor just started crafting those raw materials into stuff to sell
If you're self-sufficient, you get out ahead a lot, the crafter who can gather or a gatherer who can craft, has nice returns

In the beginning the way game made you feel like that you need armorer and black-smithing to coincide with your tank class, was complete bullshit
It brought in miniscule returns, it wasn't a mutual or beneficial grouping
More people just get gear fixed from vendor than go get lvl40+ and use dark matter to repair their gear

If your leveling crafting for gil, that ship has sailed a long time ago, certain people do have chokeholds on certain markets, they can swallow losses to get rid of you or if you get into a hot market, sooner or later under-cutters will come in and shit away all the profits by lowering the price so much, that the time invested into getting said materials isn't worth it to most

Remember, that in a few weeks, all this shit goes out the window, and new stuff will replace all of this, so yeah

Thanks for the insightful reply! So yeah, basically Hand classes are only good for making repairs and affixing materia. That's a damned shame, as I do enjoy crafting in FFXIV.

It seems FFXIV Guild is exactly what a was looking for, thanks for sharing that link! I still have alot of stuff to do story wise before I get to Primals and Coil. I haven't even done Garuda story mode yet. Was having too much fun tanking FATEs, haha. Tanking Gorgimera is way too exciting.

Don't worry, just wait till SE unleashes 2.2 Trailer, like they did with 2.1

Watch as people get hyped and the next month just bash heads against new and refreshed old content, then wan when they get tired and the cycle repeats

Turn 8 or 9 better be fucking cockblock of extreme scale, if Turn 9 gets beaten within a few days hell a week or two... Jesus!

hopefully coil armor is at least a little better than armor you get from tomes this time. getting everything handed to you just for subscribing is getting old.

GraveRobberX

Thanks for the insightful reply! So yeah, basically Hand classes are only good for making repairs and affixing materia. That's a damned shame, as I do enjoy crafting in FFXIV.

It seems FFXIV Guild is exactly what a was looking for, thanks for sharing that link! I still have alot of stuff to do story wise before I get to Primals and Coil. I haven't even done Garuda story mode yet. Was having too much fun tanking FATEs, haha. Tanking Gorgimera is way too exciting.

I'll tell you this much crafting in FFXIV is hella fucking fun, I stayed away for awhile, but I'm kicking myself for not joining in earlier
'm not really in it to make gil as some other do, I just like doing it during down time, or set a goal to get something up and see those yellow experience #'s

Also every DOH has it's own requirements on whats needed

I have the Gold Mining Pick-Axe and Gold Botany Axe, in turn, I have an ungodly amount of shards/crystals from hitting nodes to get said items
So I'm already ahead of the gil drain right there
(I mean for fuck sakes I have 7999 Lightning Shards and roughly 2100+ Crystals, due to getting my Botany Gold Axe)

So with shards really stocked up (I even averaged out that gatherer with both @50 with all 6 elemental wards - 400 GP skill can roughly get 550 shards/per hour, if you chase crystals also you have a 3:2 ratio going (most nodes always have a gathering attempt+1 and it's always a shard node, so that makes it stand out more and smarter to pop the ward skill to get 15 shards, due to sooner or later crystal don't matter much as do shards, so most go after shards

Next materials can be farmed up very nicely

Leather-worker does cost a lot if you do none of your own gathering in some way

The skins + shards do hurt your bottom line, (market board), but if you go farm said materials, and use it your advantage, you come out ahead and make a nice healthy profit

I went and killed many boars/peistes, roughly to get 3 stacks of 99 skins and started making leathers
Using rested XP + Engineering Manuals (GC) + FC Buff + Food to my advantage(I get roughly from +255% to +413% XP per synth)
Once I made enough leathers, HQ I told for decent profit, NQ with so many leve allowances, I just burned the NQ by turning them in triple turn in leaves, with gave me triple the xp (I know single or the courier ones are more XP, but they don't give you triple the gil)

Right now with LWR I have never spent a gil on shards, have bough a few skins to get me to bundle the leather up to 15 to maximize triple turn in
I'm up roughly 125,000 gil leveling LWR from 1-45, will most likely end @200K gil profit and level 50 LWR by tomorrow

Just repeat for other DOH classes, certain items really help you push through by leveling you up, sell HQ for profit or trade in if you really want huge XP gain

I'm moving towards WVR next so diremite web farming and flax gathering is in my future

If you can get a cool crafter to hook you up, you can really powerlevel your craft to 50 in a few hours with leves lol

When Materias were worth it, Savage Aim was like 35K, I had an extra 3 I didn't need, a friend said to give it to him and he would craft me ALC items to turn in leves (when triple turn ins where OP)
It took 1.5 hour to craft all the items, I just turned them in, cost me roughly 80+ leves, but I went from 1-50 in 2.5 hours lol
On top of that I got 140K in gil also...

hopefully coil armor is at least a little better than armor you get from tomes this time. getting everything handed to you just for subscribing is getting old.

I just hope the ilvl and stats do matter, that it will take awhile just like Turn 1-5, that you have to get geared to overcome roadblocks

They need this content to last awhile, if the ilvl gap is too small, 2.3 should be out be May, if they try to squeeze out the schedule again, people will only put up with scarce content for a little more, SE forgets, newer MMO's are coming and will try to rip subscribers away

First time doing AK (after all this time) with a SCH that spent the entire dungeon in CS while letting the fairy heal, never had an AK go by so fast.

desu

JP20140310_6.jpg

Dunno if it has been posted? New mount!?

http://fr.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000657.html#_ga=1.3908595.23056233.1393045538

aceface

Get it for doing the Kobold beast tribe quests I bet.

Edit: Yeah it says "try to spot the hidden clue in the back of the frame", the back looks like the mask that the Kobolds wear.

WolvenOne

Myth cap will be removed ?? Then dungeons speed run will be back again. There will be people walking around with i90 everywhere.

Yep, but of course getting above iLvl90 will be slow going, especially if the new Tomes are distributed similarly to how Myth Tomes were divvied in 2.0. We'll be back to 1.5 to 2 weeks of Tome farming per piece of armor, and that's assuming that level 110 weapons won't require the new Tomes.

Also, of course, the current Extreme Primals are going to become a heck of a lot easier. Get into a party where everyone is near iLvl90 and is dealing near their max potential DPS, and Ruda/Titan/Ifrit's health just plummets. Once the average iLvl is something like 95 or 100, I expect most parties to be able to make the Extremes just melt.

GraveRobberX

Dunno if it has been posted? New mount!?

The way it looks and it's style most likely the "'Trusted" Rank (4) for the Kobolds that will be coming as the Daily Beastmen Tribe Quests

The chair looks like a Kobolds mask + bombs (the iron lake/mine area where there are bombs + grenades)

There goes another 120,000 gil lol, wonder what the Sahagin mount will be like
Guessing a minion to go with each tribe, so get your 290,000 gil Ready!
120K mount + 25K (minion) * 2

Outgearing a fight still won't save the vast majority of the community who still struggles with HM Titan.

No one wants to learn phases or positioning

You can bait LS (landslide), but nope, some DPS always has to be an hero and fuck up the whole order and get half the party to eat bombs or plumes, cause yo' their DPS on ACT is showing them losing those precious DPS moments...

I mean fuck survivability, mad deeps yo'

I have even called out phases, yet people still eat plumes... I can't help go ugh, when you think it's a good idea to do the BRD backflip move just a second or 2 late, the server still thinks your still in the 5 plume area, and with that an insta-death, then you read, "what happened?, I'm all the way here"...

WolvenOne

Outgearing a fight still won't save the vast majority of the community who still struggles with HM Titan.

They'll still have to master the mechanics of it, true. However for Ruda, an outgeared party will probably only survive her final phase once. Similarly, nails will go down more quickly for Ifrit, and everyone will have more health to start out with.

Titan will still be a challenge, because his mechanics are so unforgiving and a lot of them come at you quickly. However, even there, the Add's will go down faster, Tanks will be able to withstand more, and Titan's health will go down more quickly. So the fight should still be easier.

That said, you're right. If you're nowhere remotely close to being able to tackle Titan EM now, better equipment probably won't make a difference.

GraveRobberX

They'll still have to master the mechanics of it, true. However for Ruda, an outgeared party will probably only survive her final phase once. Similarly, nails will go down more quickly for Ifrit, and everyone will have more health to start out with.

Titan will still be a challenge, because his mechanics are so unforgiving and a lot of them come at you quickly. However, even there, the Add's will go down faster, Tanks will be able to withstand more, and Titan's health will go down more quickly. So the fight should still be easier.

That said, you're right. If you're nowhere remotely close to being able to tackle Titan EM now, better equipment probably won't make a difference.

You should see tanks get flustered when the DPS is too good

They'e like WTF?, why am I @ still 1 stack or voke off me, it's your turn, w/o realizing, the faster you deeps Mr Pottato man, the faster you will see phases come and go

Some tanks pull off me @ 1 stack, ruining the whole mechanic of swapping, even if you tell them voke @ or after 2 stacks, preferably during Stomps/LS
One time a tank voked off me right as I was about to get mountain bustered (my 2nd stack), their timing was so off, he turned around, took 5 people out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom