• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I was in a pf group last night (excepy for two other people in which we are slowly growing a static) and we were able to down t1 and almost t2 before bedtime!

After the PS4 beta I couldn't wait till April so bought the game for PS3.

Having lots of fun, I got to level 10 Marauder last night. Is it always so empty though? I'm hoping it was the maintenance stuff, because I had to do a lot of FATEs all by myself, which was a little boring. The PS4 beta had a lot more people, I guess because it was free.

Having lots of fun, I got to level 10 Marauder last night. Is it always so empty though? I'm hoping it was the maintenance stuff, because I had to do a lot of FATEs all by myself, which was a little boring. The PS4 beta had a lot more people, I guess because it was free.

Most current players are high level, so you want see as many low levels till the PS4 launch.

Isaccard

Didint think this one through did you

Didint think this one through did you

Well, there are a lot more PS3 owners than PS4 owners and since this game has reportedly done well I thought that out of the hundred of thousands of players out there at least a few would be beginners as well.

There was literally no one out there though and even the towns were pretty empty last night (and I'm almost sure the first night I played there was more people in there). That's why I'm asking if the maintenance had anything to do with it.

I'm still looking forward to the PS4 launch though and will probably switch class by then.

Matchew

Well, there are a lot more PS3 owners than PS4 owners and since this game has reportedly done well I thought that out of the hundred of thousands of players out there at least a few would be beginners as well.

There was literally no one out there though and even the towns were pretty empty last night (and I'm almost sure the first night I played there was more people in there). That's why I'm asking if the maintenance had anything to do with it.

I'm still looking forward to the PS4 launch though and will probably switch class by then.

I'm seeing the same. I got on around 9 in the morning and it was really dead but I do usually get on at night and it isn't much better . I'm only level 17 so hopefully FATEs get a little more fun, because right now it's me and maybe one other person. And it's boring.

WolvenOne

Well, there are a lot more PS3 owner port an PS4 owners and since this game has reportedly done well I thought that out of the hundred of thousands of players out there at least a few would be beginners as well.

Not only does traffic ebb and flow, but players at the did game tend to gravitate to certain locations.

On a Monday, a large portion of the server would've been at Wineport, as it's the entry point for a Raid that resets on Monday.

On the weekends, you tend to see a lot more people running around secondary locations. I think a lot of leisurely players go through the story then.

nubbe

I have now played every Battle class to 15 and Paladin to 50
The only class I found boring was Thaumaturge

Started out as an archer, but I always fall back into the tank role... been playing that part so long (EQ1) that anything else feels wrong

The game just keeps getting better as you progress in it, to bad the first 15 levels suck compared to the rest of the game

Well worth the money

WolvenOne

I'm seeing the same. I got on around 9 in the morning and it was really dead but I do usually get on at night and it isn't much better . I'm only level 17 so hopefully FATEs get a little more fun, because right now it's me and maybe one other person. And it's boring.

Run dungeons until you are into the twenties. Then if you really want to run Fates, head to Quarrymill and either check party finder for a fate group, or set up a fate party on the party finder yourself.

A lot of players don't bother with Fates before 20.

I've been having fun running the Manor with some of you while doing other random stuff. Slowly making my way through the game. Loving it very much!

Jomjom

Banned
Quick question:

Newegg is selling the PS3 physical copy of the game for $19.99 today. I already have the PS3 & PC versions tied to my account. I am going to upgrade my PS3 version to the PS4 version, and I know doing so will make it so I can no longer play on the PS3.

If I buy this physical copy, will I be able to then register it again for PS3, once I've upgraded to the PS4 version and get 30 days added to my account? Is there no way of knowing for sure until the PS4 upgrade actually comes?

I want to do this so I can play on any of my devices: PC, PS4, or PS3.

WolvenOne

So, question. Since it appears we'll be fighting Gilgamesh in either 2.2 or 2.3. Assuming this is a Trial, what do you think will drop for that fight?

Stuart444

Question about SCH/SMN pets.

In Cutter's/Stone Vigil. do you have to worry about your pets much in the boss fights (second/third in Cutters and last one in SV) during the AoE moments? is it best to put on the heel command to spam on your cross bar for those moments?

So, question. Since it appears we'll be fighting Gilgamesh in either 2.2 or 2.3. Assuming this is a Trial, what do you think will drop for that fight?

Genji equipment. Gilgamesh always drops some piece of Genji equipment when you fight him...though sometimes you had to steal it off him.

WolvenOne

Ah yes, Genji stuff, those samurai themed items that pop up in so many Final Fantasy games. Are we thinking Genji Jewelry? Or weapons? I have a hard time seeing Genji armor drops. <_<;;

Edit: Also, if this is indeed a Trial. Does that mean we'll be getting a Gilgamesh Extreme Mode at some point?

Question about SCH/SMN pets.

In Cutter's/Stone Vigil. do you have to worry about your pets much in the boss fights (second/third in Cutters and last one in SV) during the AoE moments? is it best to put on the heel command to spam on your cross bar for those moments?

I usually don't have to worry since they take reduced damage from AOE's. Though it'd help to have your pet on heel during the Isgebind fight because his one huge AOE could ko pets.

Wilsongt

I have now played every Battle class to 15 and Paladin to 50
The only class I found boring was Thaumaturge

Started out as an archer, but I always fall back into the tank role... been playing that part so long (EQ1) that anything else feels wrong

The game just keeps getting better as you progress in it, to bad the first 15 levels suck compared to the rest of the game

Well worth the money

I am having that problem now since I started an alt. Started at LNC and don't have it to 15 yet. Which I do, I would have officially gotten ever fighting class to 15 exp MAR. Of all of the ones I've played, MAR/GLD are the most boring to me...

Matchew

Run dungeons until you are into the twenties. Then if you really want to run Fates, head to Quarrymill and either check party finder for a fate group, or set up a fate party on the party finder yourself.

A lot of players don't bother with Fates before 20.

Yeah I think I'm about to do my first dungeon with the quest It's Probably Pirates so I'm looking forward to that.

WolvenOne

Yeah I think I'm about to do my first dungeon with the quest It's Probably Pirates so I'm looking forward to that.

I remember the first time I ran a dungeon, I hope you enjoy our, it's a blast with a good party.

Anyhow yeah, Fates aren't as fun when there is only a few people running them. They were probably the most fun for me during the beta, when a ton of people were running them, but not so many that they practically broke under the onslaught of players.

Well, that and they were still shiny and new. XD

Forgot how fun crafting can be. Spammed leves for a bit, will go back tomorrow and just craft everything on the list at least once for that bonus exp. Also finally got that darn allagan healing chest.

aceface

Ugh, this game. I was so excited because I finally beat Titan HM, so I decided to try Ultima HM. It's like the game is saying "so, you thought you were good at healing, eh???"

Ken

Ugh, this game. I was so excited because I finally beat Titan HM, so I decided to try Ultima HM. It's like the game is saying "so, you thought you were good at healing, eh???"

did you ask maple for help? you should have asked maple for help.

Matchew

I remember the first time I ran a dungeon, I hope you enjoy our, it's a blast with a good party.

Anyhow yeah, Fates aren't as fun when there is only a few people running them. They were probably the most fun for me during the beta, when a ton of people were running them, but not so many that they practically broke under the onslaught of players.

Well, that and they were still shiny and new. XD

You're correct! The dungeon was really fun and it feels like the game is finally opening up. Did 3 dungeon runs and each party seemed great with nobody being disrespectful to anyone. Had a great time.

Now I wish I had a clue what people in the clan chat are talking about. CT,T1-4, Titan....I know nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom