• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

ihCYdyE.png

Never gonna drop.
Man, at least we've seen that drop before. I just got bad rolls.

But then you got cases like the caster chest where we've been clearing the turn every week for almost 5months and still never seen it once.

WolvenOne

You should see tanks get flustered when the DPS is too good

They'e like WTF?, why am I @ still 1 stack or voke off me, it's your turn, w/o realizing, the faster you deeps Mr Pottato man, the faster you will see phases come and go

Some tanks pull off me @ 1 stack, ruining the whole mechanic of swapping, even if you tell them voke @ or after 2 stacks, preferably during Stomps/LS
One time a tank voked off me right as I was about to get mountain bustered (my 2nd stack), their timing was so off, he turned around, took 5 people out lol

I've seen similar problems, only with Rock Jails.

I can picture it though. In fact once there's been a few weeks for everyone to start getting a piece or two of 90+ gear, I wanna try Titan with 5 or 6 DPS. XD

Wilsongt

It was my luck that my newly forming static group was doing turn 1 while I decided I want to try Ultima HM. Didn't get my Ultima HM win that time around, but my group did win T1. What ended up dropping? Casting ring. FM FFXIV L.

WolvenOne

Actually, the uneven rate of drops in this game are a good reason why you should have multiple classes to gear up. Though of course even if you have 2-4 to gear, you still might not get the best rolls. XD

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Actually, the uneven rate of drops in this game are a good reason why you should have multiple classes to gear up. Though of course even if you have 2-4 to gear, you still might not get the best rolls. XD

You roll a 1 on your Main Coil Class for Loot
You roll a 96 on your 7th Alt class, you'll only use once ever for stupid reasons....

WolvenOne

You roll a 1 on your Main Coil Class for Loot
You roll a 96 on your 7th Alt class, you'll only use once ever for stupid reasons....

I don't have that many alt classes. I only have two level 50 classes, and between the two of them I've been able to get a drop more often then not most weeks.

I mean, between Coil, Ultima, and the Primals, that is.

Xux

That mount is perfect for Lala's. Looks silly for anything else though. XD
Looks like a good size for Roegadyn. Almost makes me wanna switch to a male Roegadyn, lol.
So they ended up running the LR crossover event twice for JP and NA releases. And yet there is not even one X|X-2 crossover event. Praise Tanaka and Toriyama!
The X series has probably sold well enough that they don't think it needs the help. :p Maybe we'll see something when XV gets closer in a couple years.

kiryogi

Banned
Looks like a good size for Roegadyn. Almost makes me wanna switch to a male Roegadyn, lol.The X series has probably sold well enough that they don't think it needs the help. :p Maybe we'll see something when XV gets closer in a couple years.

Que Noctis in Eorzea event!

btkadams

is the gaf fc something i can be in and not be required to play with other members daily? i just don't want to let people down if membership entails frequent raiding and stuff. also, i'm still low level (9) and new to the game.

Sorian

Banned
is the gaf fc something i can be in and not be required to play with other members daily? i just don't want to let people down if membership entails frequent raiding and stuff. also, i'm still low level (9) and new to the game.

Nah, help with what you can/want to help with. The more people the better.

btkadams

Nah, help with what you can/want to help with. The more people the better.

cool! that sounds perfect then.

ok, i've filled out an application on that guild work website. so, now i just go on and send one of these people a /tell? i'll do that in a little bit. i'll have to figure out what a /tell is lol.

Maple Cookie
Strawberry Shortcake
Safflower Amariyo
Tiv Einsfell
Mira Mora
Guy Incognito
Renault Cathetel
Remiel Cathetel
Elliott Kirkland

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Come join me in "What's CT?" land!

Sorian

Banned
cool! that sounds perfect then.

ok, i've filled out an application on that guild work website. so, now i just go on and send one of these people a /tell? i'll do that in a little bit. i'll have to figure out what a /tell is lol.

Maple Cookie
Strawberry Shortcake
Safflower Amariyo
Tiv Einsfell
Mira Mora
Guy Incognito
Renault Cathetel
Remiel Cathetel
Elliott Kirkland

List looks right, if you're going to be on for a long stretch of time, post in here with your character name too and one of them might notice it and invite you in game as well.

btkadams

List looks right, if you're going to be on for a long stretch of time, post in here with your character name too and one of them might notice it and invite you in game as well.

probably going to be on for the next couple hours.

psn: btkadams
character name: Bearded Man

You can also fill out an application in game and we can accept it whenever and it will auto invite you I believe.

Either way though, if your around now I can zip an invite your way, I'm about to log in.

Xux

Hey, wait a second.
I wonder if the guy in the bottom left is Hildibrand's dad. Same race and hair though that doesn't mean too much in a game with a character creator. Still, Hildibrand mentions his family's in the jewelry business at the end of his 1.0 quests when he gives you that ring so I wonder if his dad took over Eshtaime's Lapidaries sometime between Niellefresne's death and ARR.

Kinda crazy thinking he's the son of a Syndicate member.

Wow, I apologize to Teknoman and the others in the Crystal Tower party I was just in... My game started massively lagging. I'm talking the video and audio started skipping like when you have a DVD/BD that's scratched to hell and back.

Edit: Got it back on. I still don't know what the hell happened; I've never had anything like that occur.

BadRNG

you can always make up with skill, you don't need the best gear for everything until then. embrace the RNG.
Then why must the coil gear be better, you're so skilled you don't even need good gear, right? The myth system is supposed to be a supplement so people can make insured gear progression if they are willing to put in the time. Yeah you could spend 2-3 months and get near full i90 just from myth from running whatever easy 4dungeon several hours a week, but why is that gear so much more undeserved then the guy who hits the RNG jackpot and gets several pieces in a single night of coil?

Oh, whatever. Fuck you guys too.
Well that escalated quickly.

Oh man, that camera angle. Hate that room.

Also holy crap, you guys are class stacked so much but still get LB3 before us. Never understand that stupid thing.

Then why must the coil gear be better, you're so skilled you don't even need good gear, right? The myth system is supposed to be a supplement so people can make insured gear progression if they are willing to put in the time. Yeah you could spend 2-3 months and get near full i90 just from myth from running whatever easy 4dungeon several hours a week, but why is that gear so much more undeserved then the guy who hits the RNG jackpot and gets several pieces in a single night of coil?

you should get a shot at better gear if you put in more effort. myth is on autogain. you'll get a top tier set of armor for subscribing to the game. why do you think you deserve the same treatment for farming braindead mobs?

and thanks for acknowledging my skill, even though i wasn't talking about my skill level at all.

Teknoman

Wow, I apologize to Teknoman and the others in the Crystal Tower party I was just in... My game started massively lagging. I'm talking the video and audio started skipping like when you have a DVD/BD that's scratched to hell and back.

Edit: Got it back on. I still don't know what the hell happened; I've never had anything like that occur.

Its cool, we finally came out on top. Everyone was like they never wanted to see anyone again though lol.

Never had that much trouble with CT before, but yeah I definitely need to replace the AF body. Of course i've got CT helm, so I was still hoping to get a CT body drop (i really really dont like how darklight looks >_> ).

Hey, wait a second.

I wonder if the guy in the bottom left is Hildibrand's dad. Same race and hair though that doesn't mean too much in a game with a character creator. Still, Hildibrand mentions his family's in the jewelry business at the end of his 1.0 quests when he gives you that ring so I wonder if his dad took over Eshtaime's Lapidaries sometime between Niellefresne's death and ARR.

Kinda crazy thinking he's the son of a Syndicate member.

Hes gotta have a decent amount of disposable income, considering he doesn't seem to be the best detective...no matter how gentlemanly he is. Pretty damn tough though.

WolvenOne

Man, I just had zero luck with the pug lottery tonight. XD

Seriously though, nights like this really make me to find reliable static to run with. :(

Moaradin

Was able to do T1-T4 for the first time today. Was pretty quick and I was keeping up with the damage despite being a lot less geared than most of the DPS.

Still, I need to find myself a stable group before 2.2 comes out. Taking a break for a few months really put me behind on all this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom