• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I still think the [Spell] I, II, III (re-)naming convention was a really poor localization decision.

I concur, and I don't see why they couldn't change it. If they can change Relic +1 to Relic Zenith, changing Fire, Fire 2, Fire 3 to Fire, Fira, and Firaga, shouldn't be difficult.

The culprit for most of the Brayflox healing issues I've witnessed is Cure II. New WHMs at that level are just getting it so they don't really understand how to use it yet so they go about spamming it thinking it's supposed to completely replace the original Cure, which in turn leads mana issues.

Nah, when your tank is losing half HP with 2 hits is hardly the WHM problem.

I concur, and I don't see why they couldn't change it. If they can change Relic +1 to Relic Zenith, changing Fire, Fire 2, Fire 3 to Fire, Fira, and Firaga, shouldn't be difficult.

Save for five years down the line when the level cap gets raised to like a million and BLMs get Fire 5, but no one knows what comes after Firaja.
Firajara, Firajaga, Firajaja

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm just waiting on Maat to open up a hole between the dimensional barrier that separates XI and XIV, and proceeds to lay waste to everything.

Before handing you a certificate saying you can go past level 50.

WolvenOne

Save for five years down the line when the level cap gets raised to like a million and BLMs get Fire 5, but no one knows what comes after Firaja.

Firaja, Firaxa, Firoxaga, I can think of dozens on nonsense letters to tack onto the end there to make the spells unique.

Besides, you may not want to assume that we'll be getting that many more abilities when the cap is raised. In some cases existing abilities will get an upgrade instead.

Nah, when your tank is losing half HP with 2 hits is hardly the WHM problem.

I'm not saying that it's always 100% on the WHM, keywords in my post: 'most' and 'witnessed' :)

I'm just waiting on Maat to open up a hole between the dimensional barrier that separates XI and XIV, and proceeds to lay waste to everything.

All of my want, take it all.

aceface

Honestly I enjoy the return to the snes localization convention of fire I,II,III. I always get confused with the aga and ara which is the stronger one.

Now they should bring back fenix down.

You devil

I still never got that bloody MNK scroll to drop so I could do my level 50 LB

frequency

Honestly I enjoy the return to the snes localization convention of fire I,II,III. I always get confused with the aga and ara which is the stronger one.

Now they should bring back fenix down.

But the point is that Cure I, Cure II, Cure III, Fire I, Fire II, Fire III isn't about being stronger or weaker. They are different spells used for different situations and not replacements as "stronger" would suggest.

And many people made/make that mistake while leveling. Like the people who exclusively used Cure II in Haukke/Brayflox because they didn't know better.

Wilsongt

Firada.

Could be a the next level so:

Fire, Fira, Firada, Firaga, Firaja.
Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzada, Blizzaga, Blizzaja
Thunder, Thundara, Thunda, Thundaga, Thundaja
Cure, Cura, Curada, Curaga, Curaja

The already added Curada to several games. Might as well extend that.

Number45

Is there a way to change your default chat channel (as in the one you'll type to by default)? I know I can define the next message to /p or /fc (using those commands or alt+p for example), but each time it resets to /s which I don't often want.

Stuart444

Is there a way to change your default chat channel (as in the one you'll type to by default)? I know I can define the next message to /p or /fc (using those commands or alt+p for example), but each time it resets to /s which I don't often want.

There is a thing you can click on next to the chat box to do it...

or you can type /p or /fc or whatever and hit enter.

Firada.

Could be a the next level so:

Fire, Fira, Firada, Firaga, Firaja.
Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzada, Blizzaga, Blizzaja
Thunder, Thundara, Thunda, Thundaga, Thundaja
Cure, Cura, Curada, Curaga, Curaja

The already added Curada to several games. Might as well extend that.

I would also like Curaya, Curaza, Curata, and Curanya. Thanks.

Any low level players that need gear, please find me. I got all this low level equipment I'm crafting and it'd be nice if it could be put to good use.

Well find me tomorrow when I log on that is.

Oh and thank you my fellow Coil healer (Some hylander called Zeni) for advice on crafting. Using the occasional leve and just crafting everything on the list makes for some fast leveling. Only 4 more jobs to go to get them all to level 15.

Teknoman

Any low level players that need gear, please find me. I got all this low level equipment I'm crafting and it'd be nice if it could be put to good use.

Well find me tomorrow when I log on that is.

Oh and thank you my fellow Coil healer (Some hylander called Zeni) for advice on crafting. Using the occasional leve and just crafting everything on the list makes for some fast leveling. Only 4 more jobs to go to get them all to level 15.

When you say low level...

Sophia

I'm starting to become extremely biased against players who don't use voice chat. I dunno if it's the people I party with or not, but it seems any guildmates we get who don't get on Mumble are just terribly unreliable and all around not trustworthy. :\

Ken

I'm starting to become extremely biased against players who don't use voice chat. I dunno if it's the people I party with or not, but it seems any guildmates we get who don't get on Mumble are just terribly unreliable and all around not trustworthy. :\

hey wanna be friends?

BadRNG

u08oaog.jpg

Stuff of nightmares.

What's up with Diablos? :eek:
Says he'll be enemy in the new Ampador dungeon.

Matchew

I need some advice about jobs. As a lancer once a I hit level 30 I need to also be level 15 in maraudar right? At what point should I start leveling that up? When I hit level 30 in lancer?

Also, when should I level up crafting when I hit level 50 in Dragoon or is that something I should be doing while leveling up my Dragoon job?

Thanks

Ken

I need some advice about jobs. As a lancer once a I hit level 30 I need to also be level 15 in maraudar right? At what point should I start leveling that up? When I hit level 30 in lancer?

Ideally before you start going into 32+ dungeons so you can use the DRG job in those but ehhhhhhh, do whatever you want.

Teknoman

Like level 15 or lower. I do have a level 45 WVR though.

I might take some Lancer stuff if you have it. I'll need to get some time with the spear for Monk.

Allag-tech infused monsters AND a bear? Sign me up. Ms. Alltalks is back with a vengeance I see. That Gobbue is like something out of The Last of Us or a Souls game. No wonder Amdpor went to ruin...

EDIT: Augh that game impress gobbue screen made me itchy x_x

Creepy looking monsters remind me of the unknown enemies in the Undersea Cavern in V. I think we could use more places like that, mysterious places crawling with stuff out of nightmares. How about something like out of Parasite Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom