• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Do they actually instakill, or do they do something like 9999 damage? I mean an i90 WAR can survive meteor by KB or Ancient Flare.

Pretty sure it's just instakill, no damage is shown in combat log or on scrolling text, unlike things in CT like giant's 9999 cleave and meteor. But I so rarely get hit by either because both are so easy to dodge that I have never paid super close attention to it. If you get hit you just fall over (or fly up) dead.

omlet

Long story short: echo on its own won't be a crutch for learning and doing divebomb/twister the intended way. It will, however, make conflags and the dreadknights phase a lot easier.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So Primal weapons lasted roughly 3.5 months?

They really are trying to reset everybody back to an even playing field

The hardcore will still have distinct advantage of chewing through content, but in the long run, they really are helping the casuals by giving them good shortcuts and catch up to the people way ahead

Gonna feel so weird seeing no more 450/450 on Myth, get as much as you like
They really want the community at large to be at least i90 + Relic Zenith within a few weeks after 2.2 drops, so they can try Coil T6-9

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You say that like everyone will be able to beat T5 hahaha.

I fully expect complaining about how difficult T5 (and maybe even T4) are on the official forums hours after the 2.2 update. "I thought echo buff would mean we could all beat it" or something like that lol.

People still struggle with Titan HM, so...

they'll probably remove all instantkills at twin or just nerf them. they have to if they're planning to give the fight away for free.

2.2: it's just fluff again, but that new lizardmount looks great. i'm looking forward to those challenges.

WolvenOne

I hope Twin ISN'T nerfed that much actually. I want the fight to still be somewhat of an accomplishment, and of course, learning the fight on the current difficulty level is going to be good training for the additional turns coming up.

Teknoman

Maybe they'll move the lizard enemy outside of Pharos now, or at least place it in the ruins at the beginning. Such a shame that you only see that enemy once or twice.

EDIT: I hope there arent too many Paladin running around with the Warrior of Light helm attached lol
I want to be unique :(

BadRNG

Disappointed in glamors not working on pieces that take up multiple slots. Not actually that surprised, but disappointed nonetheless. Can only hope they don't use anymore tin can or full hooded robe designs for future gear sets.

I wonder if the relic +2 will be from a quest for EX Leviathan. Seems like it'd make the most sense.

Thinking about it, Turn 4 with a good group through DF will be an amazing way to get myth.

50 / 10 minutes.
Turn 2 would be good too if you don't use enrage. I think our last T2 clear was a little under six minutes. Can't imagine how fast it'd go with echo buff/better gear.

I kind of expect them to increase myth gains too, so it could end up being even faster.

WolvenOne

So, items that take up multiple gear pieces (like the Odin armor,) can't be used as Vanity? Or vanity cannot used on items that take up multiple gear slots?

Kinda a bummer either way.

Teknoman

So, items that take up multiple gear pieces (like the Odin armor,) can't be used as Vanity? Or vanity cannot used on items that take up multiple gear slots?

Kinda a bummer either way.

Items that take up multiple slots can only be glamoured with items that use the same number of multiple slots.

But with stuff like Odin's armor (thats full everything right?) you probably wont find too much if anything that fits.

WolvenOne

Items that take up multiple slots can only be glamoured with items that use the same number of multiple slots.

But with stuff like Odin's armor (thats full everything right?) you probably wont find too much if anything that fits.

>_<;

Yeah, I can't think of ANY item in the game that takes up Chest, arms, legs and feet. Which means the Odin armor cannot possibly be used in Vanity.

Edit YoshiPeeeeeee!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
they'll probably remove all instantkills at twin or just nerf them. they have to if they're planning to give the fight away for free.

2.2: it's just fluff again, but that new lizardmount looks great. i'm looking forward to those challenges.

idk man. They didn't really nerf anything else that kills people pretty quickly in older content.

Jomjom

Banned
I hope they don't nerf it that much.

They shouldn't nerf it at all. I would appreciate if they work on the server issues, i.e. stop using crystal dynamic's idiotic Canadian servers! How about giving us some servers in the United States???

For example Titan EX's difficulty is perfectly fine (actually I think it could be made a bit harder), but what I'm not ok with is dying because of server lag problems that have nothing to do with my skill. So many of my friends pay for battleping it's ridiculous.

suzu

So it's the 27th for patch 2.2? My subscription is ending in a few days, so I'll just resub when the patch is out. :eek:

31c8e5659ff63125b006d5cd0d392c112ee85e13_2.png

I dunno, the sahagin mount seems a bit lazy (well, maybe boring is the right word) to me, since it's just another lizard thing?

People still struggle with Titan HM, so...

Haha. That Titan HM win the other day.. was hectic.

Teknoman

Its an enemy that hunts around the base of Pharos Sirius, a saddled pugil would've been even worse :p

And no one wants to ride a salamander.

BadRNG

idk man. They didn't really nerf anything else that kills people pretty quickly in older content.
The LoS thing in AK was nerfed when the rest of dungeon was(I see people get hit and survive it all the time now), bees were nerfed hard in Qarn, and I don't know what is going on during moogle fight so I'm not sure what was nerfed there.

But they've definitely shown they are not above nerfing old content that they want more people to be clearing. If the echo buff isn't enough and T5 is still a big wall for some people I expect it to get nerfed in a 2.25 kind of thing.

The LoS thing in AK was nerfed when the rest of dungeon was(I see people get hit and survive it all the time now), bees were nerfed hard in Qarn, and I don't know what is going on during moogle fight so I'm not sure what was nerfed there.

But they've definitely shown they are not above nerfing old content that they want more people to be clearing. If the echo buff isn't enough and T5 is still a big wall for some people I expect it to get nerfed in a 2.25 kind of thing.

In the Moogle fight, damage across the board was reduced...which is odd because that fight was easy to begin with!

WolvenOne

Ah, so, they're introducing Relic +2 Weapons in 2.2 for certain then? Well, in that case I'm going to hold onto my Myth for the next few weeks, on the off chance that they'll be used for the upgrade. Yes, I know, the weekly Cap on collecting Myth Tomes is going to be removed anyway, but if Myth is used to upgrade I'm not going to want to spend a disproportionate amount of time farming it, just to upgrade my weapon early on.

BadRNG

If tomes are needed for the new relic I expect it to be the new tomes. So phil for base, myth for zenith, new tome for zenither. Still a good idea to save myth though, since the new crafting items will likely have new tome mats from myth.

Get in on that market before it crashes and burns.

WolvenOne

If tomes are needed for the new relic I expect it to be the new tomes. So phil for base, myth for zenith, new tome for zenither. Still a good idea to save myth though, since the new crafting items will likely have new tome mats from myth.

Get in on that market before it crashes and burns.

Also true. Besides, in the next few weeks all I'd need Myth for is the PLD Pants and Helm, and I can probably get that class upto iLvl88 using my current WAR Tanking equipment, Primal Sword, Allagan Shield, and CT Pants + Helm. (Only need the Helm for that setup.)

I don't expect to really use that class much anyway. So if it's a less than ideal setup, it's still fine for a few weeks.

omlet

People couldn't clear it and it was story content sooooo...

Wait, moogle fight is story content in ARR? I beat the fight a few times in 1.x and don't like the weapon designs anyway so I completely ignored it when they put it back in ARR, but I guess I need to check it out?

WolvenOne

Wait, moogle fight is story content in ARR? I beat the fight a few times in 1.x and don't like the weapon designs anyway so I completely ignored it when they put it back in ARR, but I guess I need to check it out?

Gonna need to beat it if you want to do Moogle Extreme anyway. XD

Teknoman

People couldn't clear it and it was story content sooooo...

Either the people that were with me and other FC members were all awesome, or it really wasnt that hard...

These people would have hated WarMech

Warmech is in XIV?

Yup its a story mission now.

Allard

Coil is story content too...

Coil is a "Side Story" content according to the recent interview with Yoshida, that and Crystal Tower are story content specifically surrounding the Allagan empire, the "Main storyline" is the ones involving the scions of the seventh dawn and everything they do that isn't a side mission like the extreme fights. This main storyline might require going through a couple dungeons, fighting primals etc, but they are all meant to be casual content dealing a large overarching story that just happens to splinter off occasionally into other stories (Like Labyrinth of Bahamut and Crystal Tower, since they both utilize NPC's first introduced in the launch main storyline.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom