• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Yeah, Leviathan Story mode will probably be pretty easy. Probably no harder then hard mode primals are now, I bet.

I'm expecting Story Levi to be, just a little harder than Ultima Hard Mode. So, same general League as the other Hard Mode Primals, yeah.

Probably a good fight for people to train up on if they are having trouble with Garuda Extreme.

Teknoman

Titan story mode was easy even back when just having AF. So...hopefully its of a decent challenge fitting a story boss battle. New mechanics, nothing too hard but nothing that will have the fight end before the music even really starts.

Titan story mode was easy even back when just having AF. So...hopefully its of a decent challenge fitting a story boss battle. New mechanics, nothing too hard but nothing that will have the fight end before the music even really starts.

Titan story was like lvl 35....of course it was easy with AF. lol

Riposte

When does the PS4 version come out? I'm thinking about adding another page (leaving the old one for archival purposes) to the current (or at least the one I made I think is current) GAF player google doc and give it a refresh for users on all platforms for that release. What do you think?

According to someone on the official forums, the JP version of the Producer Letter calls the new relic stuff "Zodiak". Looks like the new relic progression will be:

Base Relic > Zenith > Zodiak

Anyone with invite powers going to be on Ultros in an hour and a half. I have submitted both applications but never seem to be on when a person with invite powers is on.

Teknoman

According to someone on the official forums, the JP version of the Producer Letter calls the new relic stuff "Zodiak". Looks like the new relic progression will be:

Base Relic > Zenith > Zodiak

Hopefully it doesnt just glow or something.

Has anyone else seen the Rank 5 Veteran awards yet, or rather how many days until they hit, if you've been on Continued Automatically sub since day 1?

Zomba13

Hopefully it doesnt just glow or something.

Has anyone else seen the Rank 5 Veteran awards yet, or rather how many days until they hit, if you've been on Continued Automatically sub since day 1?

Nah, Zenith already glow. Now they will sparkle!!!!!!!

I have no idea if they will sparkle. Probably get a new effect to go with the glow. Would be cool if they evolved, like Curtana becomes Excalibur, Holy Shield becomes Aegis Shield etc

Teknoman

Nah, Zenith already glow. Now they will sparkle!!!!!!!

I have no idea if they will sparkle. Probably get a new effect to go with the glow. Would be cool if they evolved, like Curtana becomes Excalibur, Holy Shield becomes Aegis Shield etc

Thats the way to go!

Relic is...well rare weapon, Zenith unlocks its true potential, Zodiac total transformation.

I dunno if i'd want to have Excalibur so early at this point. Maybe...Save the Queen, Almace or something.

Titan story was like lvl 35....of course it was easy with AF. lol

Touche :p

Alex

Haha, man I keep beating her but never seen my Axe or Sword drop. I had a nightmare that the Allagan weapons after 2.2 no longer have the blue energy on them and just look like plain bronzed weapons D:

Half our main group still doesn't have weapons despite them having been clearing it since around the time it first started going down. Had one point where it was three Summoner books in a row... we ain't got any Summoners.

Twintania should have been three coffers with two weapons, or at least did a token system for them. You do not put nine weapons into a single drop table on a weekly lock out. In general, I think having individual loot tables per coffer is completely goofy if they're not going to roll with tokens.

I have to say, quite a few of these level 15 crafting skills like Waste Not are super super helpful when leveling new crafting jobs. Makes crafting so much easier and less of a drag. Only downside is now my inventory is full of level 15 and lower level stuff, most of which can't be used for levequests.

Got to level 50 WVR on my alt...without any cross class skills. Never doing that again...

Alex

I have to say, quite a few of these level 15 crafting skills like Waste Not are super super helpful when leveling new crafting jobs. Makes crafting so much easier and less of a drag. Only downside is now my inventory is full of level 15 and lower level stuff, most of which can't be used for levequests.

Got to level 50 WVR on my alt...without any cross class skills. Never doing that again...

I can't even imagine leveling crafting without Steady Hand II, Hasty Touch and Byregot's Blessing anymore. I'm spoiled rotten.

Ken

hey grave robber you should join these

ibejO6L6P0OUwD.png
jbs1xWYBjE1KWg.png

I can't even imagine leveling crafting without Steady Hand II, Hasty Touch and Byregot's Blessing anymore. I'm spoiled rotten.

I wouldn't advise doing it otherwise. Having no cross class skills is...ugh. Trying to HQ something without them is a huge drag

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
When does the PS4 version come out? I'm thinking about adding another page (leaving the old one for archival purposes) to the current (or at least the one I made I think is current) GAF player google doc and give it a refresh for users on all platforms for that release. What do you think?

April 14th.

klee123

Welp, considering that I can't beat any of the ex primals if my life depended on it and I havent gotten a single Coil Piece, I guess I'll wait for the 2.2 stuff....

First thing I'm going to do is change the look of my bard. I refuse to let her wear those clown pants.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
hey grave robber you should join these

Don't you have to go harass someone and go look up their skirts?

Nice jab though, hopefully you sub for 6 more months, I mean how can GAF survive w/o their douche perv extraordinaire not there to keep chasing after virtual panties

Ken

Don't you have to go harass someone and go look up their skirts?

Nice jab though, hopefully you sub for 6 more months, I mean how can GAF survive w/o their douche perv extraordinaire not there to keep chasing after virtual panties

Uh what? You said you were looking for a T1-5 coil group and I remembered you had a BLM and PLD.

GraveRobberX

Uh what? You said you were looking for a T1-5 coil group and I remember you had a BLM and PLD.

Listen do me no favors, don't try to be coy with me, trying to take jabs at me

Go be a good little perv and don't meddle in my affairs

Paprikka

Anyone with invite powers going to be on Ultros in an hour and a half. I have submitted both applications but never seem to be on when a person with invite powers is on.

Maybe it's just cause it's late, but I couldn't find your app on the website. I did see your in-game one tho and accepted that, so you'll automatically be in the guild when you log in next. Just drop an app on the guildworks site when you get a chance if you haven't yet.

WVR was costly and annoying to level. it's much cheaper now with the updated drop rates. didn't see much difference on the other crafts. they're the same.

It really depends on how the market is for certain items and what kind of materials you have stocked away on your retainers. But when I was capping all my crafts I found that LTW was the most costly, followed by ARM.

Again though, I'm sure this fluctuates a lot due to demand.

GraveRobberX

So as far as crafting goes, which job is the costliest to level up? I'm most interested in LTW and CUL but CRP seems fun too.

First and foremost farm up a fuck-ton of shards or buy them off MB, try to have at least 3000+ of each in your inventory

Now that's out the way, for LTW, you can steam roll very easily just off skins > leathers > triple turn in leves
Just keep making skins to leathers, then turning in those for huge gains, if you got leves to burn, just use the Triple Turn in ones, they always ask for 5 leathers, so 15 leathers needed for 1 leve, which roughly gives you a decent chunk of XP + Gil too boot
You can save the HQ versions you make or sell on MB or if you really don't care and want XP trade them in for the leve, you'll get an extra 100% bonus
You will chew through earth shards like mad

Best is to farm 3-5 (preferably 1 stack coming out to be HQ) stacks of Aldgoat Skin (get horns/meat which you can sell or save for other crafts), best place E. Thanalan, just keep running in a circle around where the goats roam, can kill roughly, 20-25 if no one else farming, takes roughly 5-7 minutes per full rotation (if you're a mage class run, TP really doesn't matter)

Then move over to South Shroud, Bramble Patch area, there's roughly 10 boars in the 2 small patch areas, just farm those, try to get at least 3 stacks

Once your done with those, move onto Peiste and their skins in Southern Thanalan, near Ala Mhigo, try to farm up 3+ stacks again, sometimes the MB has them super cheap also

Last go after Raptors near Wineport (beofre Upper La Noscea Zone) or Central Shroud (Sorel Haven)
Try to get at least 2+ stacks

Some skins will be pricey to buy so better to farm them, other are cheap, but the shards that they chew through require pre-farming or pre-buying

I got LTW 15-50 w/o buying stacks off the MB by just farming all materials and shards
Took me 3 days, 1 for farming and prep, 2 days of 4+ hours a day of making then using leves to get there
I came out roughly 175,000 ahead
(Don't forget to trade in your daily GC turn in item for said craft for nice free hefty XP bonus, if you turn in HQ, more XP + Seals)

CRP is the same thing like LTW, but you need Botany along side it to farm up the logs to make lumber and the wind shards needed
The benefit I had here was I made the walmnut lumber and asked a friend to craft me HQ Walnut Malachuti... 180+ of them, lol
I just kept going back and forth from New Gridania to Costa del Sol trading 1 in each for 100K+ XP, sometimes burning the Triple Turn in where you could trade in 9 just to make it go faster

CUL is best to be powerleveled by someone who has cooking to 50
Just gather or buy materials needed and get HQ versions made quickly and just spam leves from 1-50 with the quickness

Mostly need roughly need 6-8 made items from the level 50 cook to powerlevel you
There are still vendor items till 35, which you can buy from NPC and trade the NQ version (they're Triple Turn in too)
Only thing is that this will make you bleed your leves, it might not give you the most XP, but it will also not cost you a fortune or need help from someone or hell craft anything

I'm working on WVR at the moment, I farmed up 7 stacks (1.5 where HQ) of diremitte web, turned them into thread
Went from 24-31 just crafting those
Now I'm gonna farm up a fuckton of Flax and just go from 31-36 making the thread, then make the cloth till 40

The benefit I had was I was chasing Gold Pick-Axe and Gold Axe for mining and botany respectively, so which in the end gave me roughly 7000+ shard and 2000+ crystals of the kind I needed to get said Luminary

WVR problem is most Turn In items require to much other stuff, I rather burn my shards and do a slow burn making an item I can keep farming till the next item I can do the same thing for again, just there's no leve that asks for only threads/cloth =/

Edit: Forgot to mention, once you start trading in LTW leves, most of the time you will get skins back, then shards as reward bonus also, rarely you get an item (most will be shitty feet/belt item)
I remember when I traded in roughly 270 peiste (all NQ) leathers from 42-50, I got back roughly 3 stacks of peiste skins, cause triple turn in gave you 15 skins per turn, so 45 skins for a leve, best is when you get 50+ shards per turn, netting you 150 shards

After all that the priciest at the moment with the MB the way it is.... It's CRP
Wind Shards and Logs cost, cause most require 3 logs for 1 lumber, so 3 stacks of logs nets you 1 stack of lumber

2nd costliest is LTW, Earth Shards and some skins cost, Aldgoat and Boar always cost, peiste fluctuates a lot, raptor is also consistently pricey

CUL is the cheapest in the sense most of item can be purchased by NPC till 30-35 and can be turned through leves and just leveled up that way
It's after 30+ when shards + materials come into play
Mostly fire + water shards
If you have 50 Botany you can make decent gil by making food items that you can farm up

Thankfully I have a couple thousand shards each thanks to treasure map parties. At least they made it easier to farm hides...thanks for the tips! I will continue leveling my last 3 crafts to 15 and go from there.

WolvenOne

So, I've all but given up on getting Twin down before 2.2. I'm going to get some practice in between now and then, somehow, but unless I find myself picking up the mechanics rather quickly I rather doubt I'll beat it before the 27th. Guess that's possible though so, who knows.

Aside from that though, any ideas what I should do to pass the time between now and the 27th? I have Primal weapons for all the classes I have at 50, and even some of the classes I have closer to 50. Each of these classes is already pretty well geared so it's not as if I can spend a ton of time grabbing the one or two pieces I need to get them all to full ilvl90.

I guess there's, dailies. I kinda prefer content I can do with other people though. <_<;;

GraveRobberX

Thankfully I have a couple thousand shards each thanks to treasure map parties. At least they made it easier to farm hides...thanks for the tips! I will continue leveling my last 3 crafts to 15 and go from there.

Try to create a 1 button macro, and spam away, if you have breygots blessing that triple combo helps immensely

Like for me my 40/40 synth rotation looks like this (many cross skills used)

/ac "Comfort Zone" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Inner Quiet" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Innovation" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Hasty Touch" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Master's Mend" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Basic Touch" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Ingenuity" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Byergot's Blessing" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis" <me>

That 15/15 lines used up for a macro

So I'm borrowing, GSM, ALC, CRP, WVR, CUL

With this macro I get a nice chunk of XP for any item I'm trying to synth on 40/40 durability
Have the CP to use it, so things evolve over time, some skills get added in when you level, but by 30 this is the prime rotation until you get enough CP to swap in Standard/Advanced Touch into the fold to replace Hasty

It's not the best, but it's works wonderfully for me, get me the max XP allowed per synth
Also if items are HQ you are almost guaranteed HQ synth
Even NQ items, you roughly get 45% of it to turn into HQ synth

Aside from that though, any ideas what I should do to pass the time between now and the 27th? I guess I could level another class, though I hate to do that just to pass time.

Crafting or Gathering are nice time sinks

Doing one for the other is mutually beneficial, gather materials, craft said materials into items to sell to make gil

I mean there are items out there that still make you gil, just require effort + time

I'm chasing Luminaries, so that's keeping me busy
Also earning roughly 25-50K day from doing dailies, duty roulette, treasure map, gather/craft items to sell

Last month I hit roughly 4mil, now I'm up to 5.3, so my monthly average rate is hovering around 750K/mo of gil coming into me

Hell fishing has good items still to sell, doing the luminary will be very beneficial once I need to go chasing the level 40+ fishing spots

Only 2 crafts that I am dreading are BSM & ARM, they mostly share the same materials, only problem is they are doubled in requirements
So if making steel ingots requires say 4-6 stacks of iron and 2-3 stacks of bomb ash for my BSM or ARM to go from level 24 > 30, I'll have to double it up to cover both crafts
making it 8-12 stacks of iron ore and 4-6 stacks of bomb ash
They both will really eat into my shards >_<

WolvenOne

you could always not play the game

I'm enjoying the game, and I'm just now getting kinda sorta good at it. Took a lot longer then I expected, really underestimated how long it'd take me to get trained up. Also, yes I'm aware I have a long way to go.

Seems like a waste to stop playing when I'm starting to get actually, decent. XD

Besides, looking forward to 2.2. I'd be looking forward to T5 too, except I just kinda ran out of time. <_<;;

Aeana

I'm surprised they're putting retainer ventures in this patch, since from the Famitsu interview, it sounded more like a future kinda thing.

WolvenOne

New dungeons look so, flipping, GOOD! Especially Lost City of Ampadore! Though, I have a sneaking suspicion that there's going to be a lot of status effect debuffs in the dungeon. XD.

Ventures? Okay somebody clue me in, what are those supposed to be exactly?

New Coil rounds look AWESOME! :D

Ken

These look pretty high level:

Wonder if that's AF2?

nope probably not

I'm enjoying the game, and I'm just now getting kinda sorta good at it. Took a lot longer then I expected, really underestimated how long it'd take me to get trained up. Also, yes I'm aware I have a long way to go.

Seems like a waste to stop playing when I'm starting to get actually, decent. XD

Besides, looking forward to 2.2. I'd be looking forward to T5 too, except I just kinda ran out of time. <_<;;

just throwing out ideas. if you start having to ask for things to do it might be time to take a break is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom