• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Yeah, there really isn't that much safe time to raise during titan's last phase. Maybe during the gaol is best, but you have to make sure you're not going to get caught in the landslide. Which I learned the hard way by using healer limit break 3 while only the tank and I remained standing... and the entire party got knocked off the arena. Was good comedy, at least.

I found bombs the best phase to get accept the raise.

Yondy604

Banned
I could never understand people using the tree trick for AK, the boss is extremely easy even with awful gear.

I guess people just wanna glitch for the sake of glitching

Yondy604

Banned
The maintenance that is currently underway on all Worlds will continue until approximately 4:00 a.m.(PDT) on Oct. 15, 2013.

gg goodnight

I could never understand people using the tree trick for AK, the boss is extremely easy even with awful gear.

I guess people just wanna glitch for the sake of glitching

The tree glitch actually slows things down because the healer can't use AoE cures from up there. If your group isn't geared enough that you can't kill one golem before the next one pops, you aren't going to pass Demon Wall anyways.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I don't think anybody cares about the difficulty of story dungeons and post-story dungeons you are farming for gear. The current endgame raid is untouched.

I think a lot of people just want variety, problem is the damn game is just 1.5 month old

People thought that all the 1.0 content added in with ARR reboot would be suffice

Coil up till Turn 4 is farm-able now, 5 is the roadblock
That will eventually go down due to everyone decked out in Allagan/AF+1 gear

Most really think Titan HM defeat and getting Relic = End Game, maybe if you have the 900 myths grab the +1 version
They don't know or aren't up to the point of going wait, I have a full plate?

You can do Turn 1, 2, 3, 4 of CoB
Can do your weekly 8 AK's (this will change due to the new fixes)
Sprinkle in some CMs or Praes
That is a lot of stuff to get through

Mandoric

Banned
The tree glitch actually slows things down because the healer can't use AoE cures from up there. If your group isn't geared enough that you can't kill one golem before the next one pops, you aren't going to pass Demon Wall anyways.

The idea was to just burn the boss while the healer held hate, similar to the Titan glitch. But he goes splat quickly enough anyway.

Tomodachi

It's just more fun I guess, little variation on the same old mechanics. The goal was to keep hate from the adds so the party could ignore them altogether anyway.

GraveRobberX

what does this even mean: The limit for receiving the "Allagan tomestone of mythology" may not reset correctly. ?

Some get their 300 cap, next week rolls around, start their grind and already see they have done 2-3, so it wasn't a full reset of 0/300 maybe 120/300

Might be people trying to do their last few AK's before reset, game thinks they did those after reset

Guesstimation here

orion434

Is there anything you can do to speed-up the GP regen-rate? I understand that they start you at 0 when you class-change so you can't abuse the system, but to get back to 600 GP is killin' me!

GraveRobberX

Is there anything you can do to speed-up the GP regen-rate? I understand that they start you at 0 when you class-change so you can't abuse the system, but to get back to 600 GP is killin' me!

For me it's hitting nodes, you get the 5 GP per hit back, faster than waiting for a tick of 5 GP per, get 20 GP faster if you strike a full node, than waiting for 20GP to fill up

You can go burn some leves and get 0XP and try to grab cordials, but they have a 4 min cool-down, so get 300GP back instantly

orion434

For me it's hitting nodes, you get the 5 GP per hit back, faster than waiting for a tick of 5 GP per, get 20 GP faster if you strike a full node, than waiting for 20GP to fill up

You can go burn some leves and get 0XP and try to grab cordials, but they have a 4 min cool-down, so get 300GP back instantly

I've noticed that in the past 2 days, in the past I didn't think there was much of a difference but there is, Jade Nephrite likes to farm Alumen when waiting for Gold Ore, but for Darksteel though I hate teleporting 2x so I can get some Black Alumen :)

GraveRobberX

I've noticed that in the past 2 days, in the past I didn't think there was much of a difference but there is, Jade Nephrite likes to farm Alumen when waiting for Gold Ore, but for Darksteel though I hate teleporting 2x so I can get some Black Alumen :)

Like when I'm about to do Gold Sand and Gold Ore it's

5AM Node appears, burn 400GP (I have 573, haven't added materia yet) Unearth II + Sharp Vision II
Now I have 173 left, I just run to the path from High Bridge to South Shroud mine fire shards and crystals till 9AM
Can get off 2 of the Fire Skill that nets me 3 crystals per node until Gold Ore appears

So I can do roughly 3 rotations and get 36 Shards and 32 Crystals then repeat

Anyone wanna run a WP with me

Can go BLM Relic+1 or PLD with DL & Garuda see what they adjusted and the amount etc.

Err....maybe I jumped the gun.
NDESxtm.jpg

orion434

Like when I'm about to do Gold Sand and Gold Ore it's

5AM Node appears, burn 400GP (I have 573, haven't added materia yet) Unearth II + Sharp Vision II
Now I have 173 left, I just run to the path from High Bridge to South Shroud mine fire shards and crystals till 9AM
Can get off 2 of the Fire Skill that nets me 3 crystals per node until Gold Ore appears

So I can do roughly 3 rotations and get 36 Shards and 32 Crystals then repeat

Anyone wanna run a WP with me

Can go BLM Relic+1 or PLD with DL & Garuda see what they adjusted and the amount etc.

You don't eat Meals to raise your GP > 600? You don't even need a HQ meal since it's not that many GP points, I forget the one I use, but it's only 250 gil and lasts for 30 minutes... so If I use it at 1am it has like 5 mins left at 9am. I use the + 30% HQ skill that costs 300 GP then the one that removes the "Out of Reach" With my current Gear I have 33% HQ rate.

What are the Gold Sands used for? They don't sell for much on the Market Board.

Taruranto

I'll have to suggest that next time I'm doing titan and see how it goes, any particular rock pattern or are all of them good? You accept before they blow up and get to a safe spot in time?

After the stomps, accept before they appear. X and O patterns generally being the safest.

desu

I think a lot of people just want variety, problem is the damn game is just 1.5 month old

You can do Turn 1, 2, 3, 4 of CoB
Can do your weekly 8 AK's (this will change due to the new fixes)
Sprinkle in some CMs or Praes
That is a lot of stuff to get through

You do Coil in a evening (get 200 Myths as well), 2-3 more AKs and you're done for the week. That's your "Endgame". Certaintly nothing I would call "a lot".

Also Coil is shit imho, as it is heavly static focused content (the way it's set up etc.).

Most fun thing in the game is Titan right now, but well that's not interesting enough to keep me going for a week. Don't even know what to do anymore than grinding more relics/allagan gear (for what, I don't know ...).

GraveRobberX

You don't eat Meals to raise your GP > 600? You don't even need a HQ meal since it's not that many GP points, I forget the one I use, but it's only 250 gil and lasts for 30 minutes... so If I use it at 1am it has like 5 mins left at 9am. I use the + 30% HQ skill that costs 300 GP then the one that removes the "Out of Reach" With my current Gear I have 33% HQ rate.

What are the Gold Sands used for? They don't sell for much on the Market Board.

I'm just mining for fun, have a decent amount of gil, so I'm Upper Class territory
I just hit gold sand node for giggles, just nets me 5 extra level 50 node hits for the Pick of the Luminary

I'm 2000 strikes from Thanalan region (level 41-50) obtaining it, so 130 more nodes to go or 35 rotations
I have enough fire shards/crystals to start a Burning Man party for eons, just whacking away @ N. Thanalan on 50 nodes just grabbing wind shards
I get 17 shards every rotation, and burn 500GP on Kings Yield II on the +1 attempt node so giving me 15 shards right there, so 3 rotations I get 17 each for 51, then 27 on 4th rotation, almost reach 70+ shards in 5 minutes, repeat for a hour or two...

No it's not, still get can't find NA/EU server group message

Never mind have to restart the game @_@!

GraveRobberX

So bad news everyone if you capped myth for the week, you are capped LOL

300/300 for me

So no reset =/

Moaradin

Any Officers on that can reinvite me to the guild? Couldn't play for the past few weeks so it seems I got kicked out.

In-game char is named Moara Din. Ultros server btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom