• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Because everytime I enter in a Dungeon and there's an ACN in the party is terrible, because Carbuncle always wake up the enemies that I put to sleep (
Carby usually attacks whatever the ACN attacks. If the slept enemies are waking up, it's because the ACN is waking them.

Subaru

Carby usually attacks whatever the ACN attacks. If the slept enemies are waking up, it's because the ACN is waking them.

Oh OK, so I'm just playing with noobs ACN =/
Thank you very much!

I'm stuck at Ifrit lvl 20 quest, I don't find a single person to play with me... ahahhaah I guess I'll have to wait until tonight.

Zomba13

Or the ACN is using Topaz and it's using the AoE attack. If they are using the yellow one tell them to stop that. It's for tanking. In dungeons you already have a tnak and don't need it.

Mechanics and enemy positioning have been adjusted in the following duties:

The Wanderer's Palace

So what changed in WP?

Airships and ferry fares have been reduced.

Anyone know by how much?

Torquill

Mechanics and enemy positioning have been adjusted in the following duties:

The Wanderer's Palace

So what changed in WP?

Airships and ferry fares have been reduced.

Anyone know by how much?
Hopefully by at least half. There was really no point in using them over ports at the current price unless were going between Limsa and gridania.

Any news on how many tomes from Garuda HM or Titan HM yet?

Any Officers on that can reinvite me to the guild? Couldn't play for the past few weeks so it seems I got kicked out.

In-game char is named Moara Din. Ultros server btw.

Sorry about that! I assure you that it was nothing personal. I'll look for you when I get back online later today. Otherwise, you can try messaging one of the other officers. They are listed in the OP.

In the future, you can leave a note in the members forum for a leave of absence if you plan on not playing for a while. This will prevent us from removing anyone due to inactivity. Prior to last week we were culling members inactive for 14-21 days but now that subscriptions are active we are trying to be more lenient and only culling members that are inactive for more than 30 days.

Taruranto

I completely forgot airships were in the game.

Honestly, they may as well re-introduce the scenic traveler with maybe a FATE onboard at this point.

Wortany

I just ran Wanderer's Palace and received a total of 100 Philosophy and 30 Mythology Tomes.
- First boss: 20 Phil
- Flan: 30 Phil
- Tonberry King: 50 Phil + 30 Myth

So both WP and AK give as many Philo Tomes as CM and Prae. The clear times will probably still differ, but I assume it can be a nice change of scenery for many.

Hard primal Garuda - 15 Philosophy, 10 Mythology
Hard primal Titan - 20 Philosophy, 15 Mythology

(source: reddit)

Oh nice! Considering the time investment, that's not bad. We were helping members with Titan on Sunday night and did 4 completions with only one turn taking more than one attempt due to lag issues. That would have been 60 tomes in roughly an hour or less which is much longer than an AK speed run but certainly a lot less boring.

I feel pretty good about this patch in being able to mix up WP, AK, and Primals for a good amount of Philosphy and Myth tomes along with the incentive of some additional gil rewards.

Hopefully the days of running nothing but AK for Myth and CM/Prae for Philosohpy are behind us...

Ultrabum

Oh nice! Considering the time investment, that's not bad. We were helping members with Titan on Sunday night and did 4 completions with only one turn taking more than one attempt due to lag issues. That would have been 60 tomes in roughly an hour or less.

I feel pretty good about this patch in being able to mix up WP, AK, and Primals for a good amount of Philosphy and Myth tomes along with the incentive of some additional gil rewards.

Hopefully the days of running nothing but AK for Myth and CM/Prae for Philosohpy are behind us...

My thoughts mirror this.

Especially with WP giving 100 philo. I feel like the 4 man dungeons allow you to at least practice your class more than CM did. Also no more Afk people in CM/prae, man that pissed me off.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm excited to actually try out WP this week. I have never had a reason to go anywhere near that dungeon.

Eventually I will probably do AV, but that will be a while.

BLCKATK

I really love Wanderer's Palace and I like doing every role in the dungeon so this works out for me. The only dungeon I was really really sick of CM, and now I have another 4 man I can do for Philosophy.

JudgeN

Good changes but AK is now king if you can speed run it correctly. My FC speed runs AK in 15minutes flat. O well I've already accepted my AK fate. Did they add the invincibility frames to raise in this patch?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So this is how it is I just did all of them except CM/Prae

WP is 100 Philosophy + 30 Mythology
AK is 100 Philosophy + 40 Mythology
Garuda HM is 15 Phil + 10 Myth
Titan HM is 20 Phil + 15 Myth

WP has mobs adjusted
The 2nd set of crows has a tonberry from the square room (where the treasure chest pop all the beetles)
That tonberry is no more in the square room, only 1 with a set of pugill + 2 hares
The 2nd set of pugill + 2 hares are now positioned in the hallway

Once you beat first boss, you have to kill tonberries now for them to drop Lantern Oil
Need lantern oil to grease the gear that unlock the 2nd door to boss

After 2nd boss, it's just a race to the end
I think they fixed Tonberry Stalkers, before if you moved to far away they would go back to where they last started aggro from, now they chase you on their path, no matter what, so you almost have to backtrack to reset it

You can still speed run AK, they didn't fix that loop hole
Tree is disabled, so no more free victories

I think a new party formation might be made to burn Garuda for her myths
1 tank, 1 healer, 6 DPS, full relics or relic+1
You can drop her around 4+ minutes
If you really push it, 3.5 minutes

We tried this setup, and with in 15+ minutes had 45 phil + 30 myth, matching WP in tomes for myth
So yeah do 12 Garudas, take around a hour+ or so, get 120 Myth and try to get your 2nd or 3rd or hell even 4th job their Garuda weapon lol

I took 2 pics, fucking insane damage
I'll post them later

We had her defeated before the eye of the storm 11 to 5 run around the arena
I just LB1 1st set of adds and just annihilated her

daveo42

Banned
I really love Wanderer's Palace and I like doing every role in the dungeon so this works out for me. The only dungeon I was really really sick of CM, and now I have another 4 man I can do for Philosophy.

Haven't run CM in like 2 weeks and I'm glad to leave it behind. AK is starting to become a chore to run and I've been putting it off longer and longer each week instead focusing on other jobs.

Weekly grind is starting to wear me down.

Good changes but AK is now king if you can speed run it correctly. My FC speed runs AK in 15minutes flat. O well I've already accepted my AK fate. Did they add the invincibility frames to raise in this patch?

No, the invincibility frames on raise will be in 2.1

GraveRobberX

How long does a WP run take? Is it faster than AK in general? Ive only ever done AK haha.

If fully geared can finish that shit around 20-25 minutes
It will not match AK SR, no way

AK SR tactic is still too good, because it has no forced mechanic to stop you from not killing trash
You can bypass most, tank dies, kill 1 set blocking door + 1 trash mob > boss
2nd area it's the Gargoyles, just kill all those > door unlocks
3rd area Succubus, kill first 2, train, pull 3rd, kill, last boss

For WP you need to kill Tonberries for their Oil, and some are linked now in between trash
So it's tougher to wipe and still progress
It's better to grab 3-4 sets of adds and just burn them down with AOE's
Rather than moving from set to set

You also are way ahead of the Stalker by doing this

Haven't run CM in like 2 weeks and I'm glad to leave it behind. AK is starting to become a chore to run and I've been putting it off longer and longer each week instead focusing on other jobs.

Weekly grind is starting to wear me down.

Learn and Perfect AK SR with other who know how to do it

Start off slowly, mistakes will be made, but once you get the gist 15-20 minutes AK can be had easily

Also this tactic becomes hella f'n easy if you have relics or relic+1 and geared the f out group

GraveRobberX

Gonna try to do a CM + Prae later on today and see what they changed, most likely all that info will be out in the wild

Aeana

ff14-omnilex.png

Second relic get. Hooray.

kierwynn

Oh nice! Considering the time investment, that's not bad. We were helping members with Titan on Sunday night and did 4 completions with only one turn taking more than one attempt due to lag issues. That would have been 60 tomes in roughly an hour or less which is much longer than an AK speed run but certainly a lot less boring.

It'll also go faster when we're all on our mains. lol We were carrying people plus had some on alts for most of those. I bet we could drop Garuda pretty fast as well for a nice amount of tomes. :eek: Hurray for options!

aravuus

I was sure I had read FF XIV would be having a free week or something from today to next Monday, I guess I was mistaken? Or is it free for those who already own the game?

Would love to try the game for a couple of days but I simply can't afford it.

I was sure I had read FF XIV would be having a free week or something from today to next Monday, I guess I was mistaken? Or is it free for those who already own the game?

The 1 week you read about was server transfers, not a free trial for the game.

If you can't afford $30.. then you probably wouldn't have wanted to pay the subscription anyway.

Alucrid

Banned

Free world transfers, not free to play.

Clipse

Server transfer service is getting hammered right now. So much for submitting my app before work..

Edit: Was able to get to the part where you can pick a destination realm, but Coeurl is the only option available. Fuck off, S-E.

Lily

Well with the server transfer happening imminently, i have to bid farewell to the GAF FC. It was fun, and you guys were helpful, but i dont think i am ever going to get my Relic weapon if i stayed on this server (I am in the UK) every time i logged on and played, there was only about 20 active people on, so its best i move to a EU server (probably Odin or Moogle) thanks for the memories GAF :)

(Lara)

aravuus

The 1 week you read about was server transfers, not a free trial for the game.

If you can't afford $30.. then you probably wouldn't have wanted to pay the subscription anyway.

Oh, alright. Shame.

Buut yeah, that's probably true. Strictly speaking I could afford it, but I'd rather not eat some cheap noodles and porridge for the rest of the month. I haven't been very wise with my money in the last few weeks.

MechaX

For the folks that were running Ifrit and Garuda for Haman, I sincerely apologize for dropping.

Internet decided to spontaneously take a shit on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom