• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
i have had a couple of times where a tank said he was new in the primal fights and someone always quit. quite sad.

It isn't quite sad if you can get in another group faster than you can teach a new person.
Some people are in a hurry to farm a weapon and training new people gets old after run 20 or so.

Zomba13

It isn't quite sad if you can get in another group faster than you can teach a new person.
Some people are in a hurry to farm a weapon and training new people gets old after run 20 or so.

And those people should put their own parties together and not use the DF.

MechaX

I mean, this is the kind of attitude that makes for not so great community mindsets in MMOs. Sure, you don't have to be altruistic 100% of the time, but it doesn't help when most people are in this "fuck you, needs/gots mine" mindset a lot of the time, like with the abundance of shout groups needing relic weapons/full DL just to participate in story dungeons, or people equally willing to quit out of DF groups because someone is new.

Torquill

anyone got patch notes?
I can find bug fix notes on the forums but not anything else. Their handling of patch notes is beyond fucking dumb. There should be an obvious place to see them, on the launcher, as soon as the patch is up, if not a little sooner.

Allard

I can find bug fix notes on the forums but not anything else. Their handling of patch notes is beyond fucking dumb. There should be an obvious place to see them, on the launcher, as soon as the patch is up, if not a little sooner.

They are up in the EU portion of the website, for some reason they didn't link it in the NA portion.

Edit: Correction they are in the main forums under patch notes for both NA and EU.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
PSN Store does not allow me to buy the game or download it even... If I click on the More Info button it says that I am not allowed to get the item because I own it already. I never bought it, only have the open beta client... which does not let me do anything because It correctly states that I must purchase it first.

I am stubborn and I do not want to buy it in disc format :p... Solutions? Tips?

Torquill

Where are you seeing anything called Patch Notes in the forums? All I can find is Information > Updates and the NA post there just links to a post in the Bugs forum that only lists big fixes.

that 15 minute ban says otherwise lol. i don't see how hard it is for someone to say "just sit in one spot and tank the boss for 7 or 10 minutes, we got this". i know garuda requires a tank to know the tornado rotations but we have an additional tank just in case.

Wortany

Not really, the large tonberries are fairly easy to avoid. You just need a pretty good AoE/ranged dps for the last 2 bosses to be honest.

Late reply but: I've just done the boss for the first time where I (Dragoon) had to take care of the adds, and that went rather well surprisingly.
I could easily tag them with Piercing Talon and kite all of them while killing only the necessary amounts.
I will note that I'm decently geared with AK and DL equipment and Ifrit's weapon. So fresh 50's dragoons might have trouble killing them fast enough.

Before we tried with the Black Mage but his problem seemed to be that he had to stand still to cast constantly and took too much damage in the process.

I think one of the biggest flaws in the DF right now is the lack of option to requeue with a good group. For example, if I've just gone through WP with a great DF group, why don't we get the option to queue up AK right afterwards? Or if I just did Ifrit HM, but none of us got our weapon, why can't we just re-run it again? Or even if I got my weapon, why can't I say thanks by running it with the same group until we get more drops?

It seems like there are plenty of great, friendly players out there but the system isn't currently set up to reward those players by letting them continue playing together. This as well as allowing cross-server friend lists (and DF integration) would go a long way to both improving the community and DF in general.

Alucrid

Banned
Late reply but: I've just done the boss for the first time where I (Dragoon) had to take care of the adds, and that went rather well surprisingly.
I could easily tag them with Piercing Talon and kite all of them while killing only the necessary amounts.
I will note that I'm decently geared with AK and DL equipment and Ifrit's weapon. So fresh 50's dragoons might have trouble killing them fast enough.

Before we tried with the Black Mage but his problem seemed to be that he had to stand still to cast constantly and took too much damage in the process.

Yep, tonberries are cake in the last fight. I've done it with DRG/BRD/MNK perfectly fine. Kill 3, kite, grudge, kill 3, kite, grudge, easy. The flans go down really fast single target and you really shouldn't AoE the tonberry adds.

Ferr986

dramatis

PSN Store does not allow me to buy the game or download it even... If I click on the More Info button it says that I am not allowed to get the item because I own it already. I never bought it, only have the open beta client... which does not let me do anything because It correctly states that I must purchase it first.
The open beta client is the actual game client, but the problem is you need a product key for it to work.

Earlier on SE suspended digital sales because the servers were overloaded, and they haven't made announcements regarding the resuming of digital sales. So if you want the digital version, you might have to send something in to SE customer support so the issue gets some attention.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
that 15 minute ban says otherwise lol. i don't see how hard it is for someone to say "just sit in one spot and tank the boss for 7 or 10 minutes, we got this". i know garuda requires a tank to know the tornado rotations but we have an additional tank just in case.

Don't get me wrong, I always give the party at least 1 chance to try and teach them something.

For example, a PLD I was grouped with on Ifrit HM on my alt (WAR) thought that during the last phase, he needed to skip stunning the first eruption and stun the second. We wiped because of it, but after I explained things to him it went smooth.

Another example is with 2 WAR tanks. You need to alternate stunning the eruptions and be much quicker on the draw due to the animation delay, a new warrior here that keeps standing in front of the cleave with me and refusing to accept instruction makes me leave to find another group.

I don't DF Garuda, that would be nuts! Pugging it in Mor Dona would be the wiser decision so you can weed out/instruct people beforehand.

Some people just aren't as teachable and if it takes more patience than I have at that very moment, I will leave and move on.

pitbull

Banned
Garuda and titan are going to be farmed soon I'd imagine. Hopefully that will give people an opportunity to join a nice group to get relic completed.

I know a group is forming for the ultros FC to run Titan this weekend, if anyone needs the kill make sure to sign up on the website and let them know.

Garuda is a TON easier to just go to mor dhona and join shout groups

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Garuda and titan are going to be farmed soon I'd imagine. Hopefully that will give people an opportunity to join a nice group to get relic completed.

I know a group is forming for the ultros FC to run Titan this weekend, if anyone needs the kill make sure to sign up on the website and let them know.

If it's with the folks on mumble and I'm online, I can help DPS if needed. We had a lot of smooth carries this past weekend.

Ken

man i don't think i can wait to the weekend but ill sign up anyways

shinn623

Question. How do I go about applying for the FC in Ultros, as I'm planning to transfer my char to it from siren? I've been invited to join FCs, but never actually applied for one, same for LCs. Playing on a console fyi. Thanks ahead of time.

EDIT: Another question. Is the google doc still being used by other gaffers?

yaffi

i have had a couple of times where a tank said he was new in the primal fights and someone always quit. quite sad.

To be honest, that's always the fear I have when telling people I'm new to something. But the most end-gamish thing I've done is running CM a few times.

But yeah, stuff like this shouldn't happen.

dcye

So are CM runs in the DF harder to find? I'm pretty new to end game and because of the terrible AOE latency in Australia I wanted to get all DL-gear before starting on the other endgame content (Dragoon). If they're harder to find I don't know what I'll do :(

Cmagus

Gonna throw a transfer request in for Sargatanas tonight I think. Also gonna drop from the Utros GAF FC because while I was running on that server with some friends I don't as much now since they have left so I don't wanna take a spot up for someone else.

dark_chris

In a much better storyline Gaius would be the best Final Fantasy adversary. His choices toward the end of the game were dumb characteristic of the usual FF empire villain who doesn't have much of a plan and he was absent from most of it (somewhat a repeat of Vayne in wasted potential). This isn't the guy we learned about through text nor who we saw in the meteor story. The Gaius in my head would sidestep and maybe comment on the usual villain tropes, just like he sidestepped Nael's madness. He's cruelly efficient, always ready to make sharp criticism (especially on poor old Cid, who he secretly still holds affection for), and frighteningly reasonable.
Teaming up with an Ascian only makes sense if he has, at least what initially appear as, complete control. "Its heart in his hand" kind of scenario (though that can clearly backfire). To me Gaius is the kind of guy who would say in a fancier way, after a successful mission to destroy Ultima Weapon before the game's climax, "you thought I made one? No, you don't save the world with just one weapon, just like you don't hire one lousy mercenary". He totally should have quipped that your efforts are better spent gathering ingredients for a stew as you ran away from the three primals.

His subordinates also didn't need to be so dull (though Nero is kind of interesting, but just like Gaius, he get much time to shine). Something like the Ishgard chapter would have been better spent if
it was Livia's plot and we learned she had some really fucked up, Berserk-style origin in Ishgard during it.
The storyline has its issues, but it is weird how they rushed the best parts and stretched out the unimportant, dull quests.

I actually wish the Tribuni had more role in the story. They had interesting backstory and have the potential to be awesome villains. But instead, they pulled a Vas (from Far Cry 3) and we dont see them much only till the end, but by then, they are only wanting to battle, and nothing is fleshed out from them.
And I agree it has some issues and it was very weird that they rush through the best parts or not flesh them out enough and yet, stretch out some really dull crap. I wanted to see more of the Tribuni doing what they do. I wanted to see and hear more about who they are, but NOPE!

-.-

Allard

yeah, that is just bug fixes. It's not a full set of patch notes.

Those ARE the patch notes. Its how they have always structured them and updates that are not the big content ones are always given the tag 'hotfix' since they were unplanned. It has all the content changes in it plus the 'bugs' fixed.

Princepeach

Neo Member
I actually wish the Tribuni had more role in the story. They had interesting backstory and have the potential to be awesome villains. But instead, they pulled a Vas (from Far Cry 3) and we dont see them much only till the end, but by then, they are only wanting to battle, and nothing is fleshed out from them.
And I agree it has some issues and it was very weird that they rush through the best parts or not flesh them out enough and yet, stretch out some really dull crap. I wanted to see more of the Tribuni doing what they do. I wanted to see and hear more about who they are, but NOPE!

-.-

Agreed, especially
with the big dude. I would love to hear more about why, after the subjugation of his homeland, he would still choose to serve. What about the way the empire operates led him to believe that this was the right thing to do? He didn't seem like a zealot at all.

Livia is weird though, because while the website says she's a figurative daughter to Gaius, the actually ARR story portrays them as something...a little more.

I do think we'll see more of Nero at least.

Baliis

Agreed, especially
with the big dude. I would love to hear more about why, after the subjugation of his homeland, he would still choose to serve. What about the way the empire operates led him to believe that this was the right thing to do? He didn't seem like a zealot at all.

Livia is weird though, because while the website says she's a figurative daughter to Gaius, the actually ARR story portrays them as something...a little more.

I do think we'll see more of Nero at least.

He mentions that
his country was just in total chaos with people murdering each other all over the place until the empire came and brought order doesn't he?

NeOak

Should I trust the information in the Lodestone right now? It shows the free company i'm in without a GM and like 3 other members gone.

Torquill

Those ARE the patch notes. Its how they have always structured them and updates that are not the big content ones are always given the tag 'hotfix' since they were unplanned. It has all the content changes in it plus the 'bugs' fixed.
No, those are not comprehensive patch notes. They don't list anything that isn't a bug fix: tome adjustments, girl dropping from mobs, dungeon adjustments, spirit bonding changes, etc. if you read that post as your patch notes you'd miss all that stuff. In fact, the very first post on that thread says, explicitly, that what they are posting are big fixes. This is why it's in the bugs section and not updates.

tenchir

Sosul-1.png

Don't know if I should save up myths to get the helm next week or just save it for relic +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom