• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbon

I said "Ari money."

arab-money-o.gif

WolvenOne

Well, after looking at the changes here, I've come to the following conclusions.

1st: I'll finally be able to find a party to run WP with.

2nd: The Phil supply should essentially be going up, since nearly every endgame dungeon drops a full 100 Tomes.

3rd: I may be able to have enough Tomes for both my Relic Weapon and Darklight Armor, by weeks end.

4th: Afterward, I won't need to log in nearly as often to keep up with the rest of the players. I'll be able hit the Myth cap fairly early in the week, and once that happens the only point to logging on will be to level up other classes, and to poke at the Halloween Fate.

5th: Hey, maybe I can finally buy and walk through Wind Waker. :D

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
They made me change my password.. again... This is getting rly annoying!

Get a one-time password app or key fob.

They are trying to keep the lazy people safe by making them at least have the lowest level of security (a password that is changed every now and again).

Well with the server transfer happening imminently, i have to bid farewell to the GAF FC. It was fun, and you guys were helpful, but i dont think i am ever going to get my Relic weapon if i stayed on this server (I am in the UK) every time i logged on and played, there was only about 20 active people on, so its best i move to a EU server (probably Odin or Moogle) thanks for the memories GAF :)

(Lara)

say hi if you move to odin.

dramatis

Well with the server transfer happening imminently, i have to bid farewell to the GAF FC. It was fun, and you guys were helpful, but i dont think i am ever going to get my Relic weapon if i stayed on this server (I am in the UK) every time i logged on and played, there was only about 20 active people on, so its best i move to a EU server (probably Odin or Moogle) thanks for the memories GAF :)
Best of luck.

Riposte

In a much better storyline Gaius would be the best Final Fantasy adversary. His choices toward the end of the game were dumb characteristic of the usual FF empire villain who doesn't have much of a plan and he was absent from most of it (somewhat a repeat of Vayne in wasted potential). This isn't the guy we learned about through text nor who we saw in the meteor story. The Gaius in my head would sidestep and maybe comment on the usual villain tropes, just like he sidestepped Nael's madness. He's cruelly efficient, always ready to make sharp criticism (especially on poor old Cid, who he secretly still holds affection for), and frighteningly reasonable.
Teaming up with an Ascian only makes sense if he has, at least what initially appear as, complete control. "Its heart in his hand" kind of scenario (though that can clearly backfire). To me Gaius is the kind of guy who would say in a fancier way, after a successful mission to destroy Ultima Weapon before the game's climax, "you thought I made one? No, you don't save the world with just one weapon, just like you don't hire one lousy mercenary". He totally should have quipped that your efforts are better spent gathering ingredients for a stew as you ran away from the three primals.

His subordinates also didn't need to be so dull (though Nero is kind of interesting, but just like Gaius, he get much time to shine). Something like the Ishgard chapter would have been better spent if
it was Livia's plot and we learned she had some really fucked up, Berserk-style origin in Ishgard during it.
The storyline has its issues, but it is weird how they rushed the best parts and stretched out the unimportant, dull quests.

Get a one-time password app or key fob.

They are trying to keep the lazy people safe by making them at least have the lowest level of security (a password that is changed every now and again).

I have a one-time password and it made me do a password change when I bought FFVII on steam and logged into my account there. I haven't tried playing VII again since because I'm afraid it will lock my account again and I don't want to be locked out of my limited XIV play time.

Lain

Managed to run WP, we died some but it was hella fun.

My next objective, apart from getting more DL gear, is to find my way into a Chimera party to start the relic stuff for real.

So, my tablet data was all lost and then restored. I lost my ability to do one time passwords because of this, and I don't have my emergency removal password. Oh god, why. :(

Ferr986

aaaand finally! The update from today sure helped with those last levels

Not really sure if Im gonna get some profit from this, the unspoiled items doesnt seem to sell for much money and they are kind of a hassle to get (Ill have to look for a chart).

So if you're getting a message in Mog Station trying to transfer to a new server and it says this, "There are no characters available for World Transfer," it's because of this...

FINAL FANTASY XIV World Transfer Technical Issues (Oct. 15)
Currently, we are experiencing an issue with the FINAL FANTASY XIV World transfer service wherein World transfers cannot be properly performed due to character data not being obtained correctly.

The issue is currently under investigation, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 15, 2013 at 14:47 (GMT)

[Details]
- Unable to use the World transfer service

[Cause]
- Under investigation

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Ultrabum

So if you're getting a message in Mog Station trying to transfer to a new server and it says this, "There are no characters available for World Transfer," it's because of this...

When I try and transfer, ultros doesn't even show up in the drop down of places to transfer to.

:(

Allard

Is Wanderer's Palace any difficult? I see Tonberries and I get worried.

Not difficult at all the items it drops are lower stats then AK and most of the mobs are spungy. The main mechanic is knowing where to fight, killing things fast and in the final boss making sure all people follow their very simple job. People know what they are doing it is a very fun and brisk dungeon with lots of item drops people can sell for gil (and now that you get mythology and philosophy from it I bet some of those will take a nose dive in price). More blunt swords for me to synth into relic weapon quest stuff though :D.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have a one-time password and it made me do a password change when I bought FFVII on steam and logged into my account there. I haven't tried playing VII again since because I'm afraid it will lock my account again and I don't want to be locked out of my limited XIV play time.

Eek! I guess that means I will avoid logging into FFVII on steam.

Mandoric

Banned
aaaand finally! The update from today sure helped with those last levels

Not really sure if Im gonna get some profit from this, the unspoiled items doesnt seem to sell for much money and they are kind of a hassle to get (Ill have to look for a chart).

For mining, some of the unspoiled points are nice (especially with a guaranteed HQ) but the real money is in full HQ AF giving you 100%/15% on nearly every other node in the game.

Cowie

Not really, the large tonberries are fairly easy to avoid. You just need a pretty good AoE/ranged dps for the last 2 bosses to be honest.

'Need' is a strong word, I've definitely done it with two melee dps multiple times. Bavarois you just need to know order (blue > white > purple > whatever else), and for Tonberry King you either do as normal (one dps handles adds, try to never kill more than 3 between uses of Everyone's Grudge), or if your dps isn't enough the Tank can Kite Tonberry King when there gets to be too many adds (just gotta cleanse heavy.)

Marceles

Is Wanderer's Palace any difficult? I see Tonberries and I get worried.

The only part people have ever died on from my experience is the blob's spin move when he starts chasing a player around, the Tonberries haven't been really threatening. Last boss is really easy with a bard fighting the adds, but any dps should be able to handle it as long as they take care of aggro and keep track of how many tonberries they kill before the King does his grudge move.

Marceles

After looking at the update, it looks like CM runs won't be as speedy and more people will jump on doing AK runs. I wish they did a hotfix of the damn Ifrit lance dropping

Valonquar

In a much better storyline Gaius would be the best Final Fantasy adversary. His choices toward the end of the game were dumb characteristic of the usual FF empire villain who doesn't have much of a plan and he was absent from most of it (somewhat a repeat of Vayne in wasted potential). This isn't the guy we learned about through text nor who we saw in the meteor story. The Gaius in my head would sidestep and maybe comment on the usual villain tropes, just like he sidestepped Nael's madness. He's cruelly efficient, always ready to make sharp criticism (especially on poor old Cid, who he secretly still holds affection for), and frighteningly reasonable.
Teaming up with an Ascian only makes sense if he has, at least what initially appear as, complete control. "Its heart in his hand" kind of scenario (though that can clearly backfire). To me Gaius is the kind of guy who would say in a fancier way, after a successful mission to destroy Ultima Weapon before the game's climax, "you thought I made one? No, you don't save the world with just one weapon, just like you don't hire one lousy mercenary". He totally should have quipped that your efforts are better spent gathering ingredients for a stew as you ran away from the three primals.

His subordinates also didn't need to be so dull (though Nero is kind of interesting, but just like Gaius, he get much time to shine). Something like the Ishgard chapter would have been better spent if
it was Livia's plot and we learned she had some really fucked up, Berserk-style origin in Ishgard during it.
The storyline has its issues, but it is weird how they rushed the best parts and stretched out the unimportant, dull quests.

I sort of wonder if we won't see all of them again to be honest. That scene after the credits roll with all the cloaked people sort of felt like it *could* be all of them without their judge armor on...

After the final CS with Gaius in 1.0 where he pretty much handles all the NPCs with ease, and then calls down the nuke blast was pretty bad ass. To have him go out the way he does in 2.0 doesn't feel entirely right.

Ferr986

For mining, some of the unspoiled points are nice (especially with a guaranteed HQ) but the real money is in full HQ AF giving you 100%/15% on nearly every other node in the game.

I was wondering that. I got the HQ AF and I though it was easier and faster to just farm the lvl 25 walnut logs for getting fast money...

Aeana

Yeah, you just need to wait until the character creation limit is removed from Ultros to transfer to it, which happens every once in a while.

I was wondering that. I got the HQ AF and I though it was easier and faster to just farm the lvl 25 walnut logs for getting fast money...

I checked those yesterday on Ultros. Walnut logs went from ~130g per log down to 65-70g. Prices fluctuate so much on high population servers.

yaffi

God, I hate people who don't say a single word, even when you ask them if they know the bosses.
And 90% of the time, they don't...

I'm a nice guy and willing to explain stuff. Just talk to me. >.<

The first thing I do when entering a dungeon I never visited before is I tell people: "Guys, I'm new to this dungeon. Please tell me if there's something I need to pay attention to."

It's not that hard.

God, I hate people who don't say a single word, even when you ask them if they know the bosses.

The first thing I do when entering a dungeon I never visited before is I tell people: "Guys, I'm new to this dungeon. Please tell me if there's something I need to pay attention to."

It's not that hard.

The 10% who do say anything at all are the douchebags who are criticizing or whining about something completely inconsequential.

Aeana

The 10% who do say anything at all are the douchebags who are criticizing or whining about something completely inconsequential.

Well, I don't think that's true, but people really need to meet each other halfway. The endgame stuff can't easily be done without communication.

It's not that hard.

i have had a couple of times where a tank said he was new in the primal fights and someone always quit. quite sad.

Mupod

Goddamn 90k authentication errors, we even had it hit both myself and the offtank right as garuda's adds came out. Oh well, practicing garuda is more fun than boring ass ifrit.

I'll be back later for more Garuda if you guys are still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom