• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

No, those are not comprehensive patch notes. They don't list anything that isn't a bug fix: tome adjustments, girl dropping from mobs, dungeon adjustments, spirit bonding changes, etc. if you read that post as your patch notes you'd miss all that stuff. In fact, the very first post on that thread says, explicitly, that what they are posting are big fixes. This is why it's in the bugs section and not updates.

You must not have clicked the link or you are looking at the wrong spot. It says everything you just mentioned.

Since other people have asked for it ill just quote everything in it and bold what you seem to be missing.

[NA] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Oct. 15)

Playable Content

The quest required for promotion to second lieutenant within a Grand Company has been changed.

Before Changes After Changes
Quest Name Twisted Beliefs → Gilding the Bilious
Requirement Clear Amdapor Keep → Clear the Aurum Vale
Quest Level Level 50 → Level 47
* Players who have accepted the quest Twisted Beliefs but have yet to clear Amdapor Keep are required to abandon the quest and accept the quest Gilding the Bilious.

Airships and ferry fares have been reduced.
* Chocobo porter fees will remain the same.

Experience received from miner and botanist guildleves has been increased.

Additional details regarding quest progression have been added to the journal entries for the subquest A Relic Reborn.

Battle System

In addition to improving instance server stability, additional servers have been added for the following duties:
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep
The number of Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy awarded for completing the following duties has been increased:
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep

The number of Allagan Tomestones of Mythology awarded for completing the following duties has been increased:
The Wanderer's Palace
The Howling Eye (Hard)
The Navel (Hard)

Enemies in the following duties will now drop gil.
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep
Castrum Meridianum
The Praetorium

Mechanics and enemy positioning have been adjusted in the following duties:
The Wanderer's Palace
Castrum Meridianum
Karakul can now be found in the following areas:
Coerthas Central Highlands - Dragonhead
Coerthas Central Highlands - Whitebrim
Coerthas Central Highlands - Providence Point
The respawn rate of diremites in the North Shroud has been adjusted.

Items

The following changes have been made to the materia melding interface:
The order of categories in the pulldown menu has been adjusted.
A confirmation window will be displayed when converting currently equipped gear into materia.

Unused gear will be bound to a character after engaging in battle, crafting, or gathering even once, regardless of item level.

Walnut bread is no longer sold by the Shopkeep NPC located in Eastern Thanalan - Drybone (X:13, Y:24).

System

Experience gained by botanists and miners from level 16 onwards has been increased.
The locations of level 30 gathering points in the Central Shroud have been adjusted.
Enhancing effects and enfeebling effects applied to another player or enemy by your character will now always appear to the left of all other status effects underneath the target bar.
Players will only be allowed to create a maximum of eight characters per service account every twenty-four hours.
* We have confirmed that RMT groups have been abusing low-level quests to acquire gil by repeatedly recreating characters. We realize this change also affects our customers, and we ask for your understanding as we continue to implement measures to prevent RMT activities.

The following issues have been addressed:

An issue wherein players were able to abandon the quest to unlock levequests.
An issue wherein a player walking within range of a FATE while progressing certain levequests would cause information such as the timer and progress counter to not update properly (PlayStation 3 version only).
An issue wherein players were unable to join an instance via the Duty Finder under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein players occasionally got stuck in the terrain while using the Chocobo Porter.
An issue wherein players were detected by monsters while using the Chocobo Porter.
An issue wherein aggro lines would occasionally not display properly during the instance "The Howling Eye (Hard)."
An issue wherein players were able to fight monsters in the instanced dungeon "Amdapor Keep" without taking any damage.
An issue wherein the Duty Finder would replenish party members for the instanced dungeon "Amdapor Keep" after defeating the last boss.
An issue wherein monsters in the instanced dungeon "Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 5" became immobilized under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein pets were unable to enter a specific room in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor."
An issue wherein chests in the instanced dungeon "The Sunken Temple of Qarn" did not include thaumaturge and arcanist weapons within the list of possible rewards.
An issue wherein players were not weakened after getting raised.
An issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.
An issue wherein the target rings and area-of-effect predictors did not display under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein Eos/Selene did not use Embrace to heal players under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein if a player crafted immediately after receiving benefits from food, the effect of crafting actions were increased by one turn.
An issue wherein players occasionally lost the ability to control their character when trying to meld a materia that was restored from a cracked materia.
An issue wherein a player’s game client would crash, or they would lose control of their character, if they initiated a trade with another player and the opposing player canceled the trade.
An issue wherein a player changing areas after their companion is KO’d would not be able to summon their companion.
An issue wherein players were able to target their minion even if it was filtered through the character configuration settings.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally target a pet before an enemy when attempting to target the nearest NPC/object.
An issue wherein if a player attempted to perform a ground-target action, a point on the ground was selected before the player actually chose it.
An issue wherein the game client would occasionally crash if a player inserted text via the “Enter” key under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein a player’s game client would occasionally crash if they moved the Duty List while in the HUD layout mode and then logged out of the game.
An issue wherein if a player had their screen resolution set to 480p, their chat window would shift to the right every time they logged into the game (PlayStation 3 version only).
An issue wherein the directional pad of a gamepad would be non-responsive when using a certain gamepad (Windows version only).
An issue wherein a character’s face would occasionally not display properly if the character was created using saved appearance data.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game during the character creation process.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game if they continuously attempted to login to a World that is full.
An issue wherein the MP value displayed on the “/macroicon” icon does not change when a player gained a level.
An issue wherein the text command “/macroicon ‘Jump’” did not display the correct icon.
An issue wherein the icon displayed via “/macroicon” did not turn red when the target was not within range.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game when they executed the text command “/hotbar” or “/crosshotbar” via their chat window.
An issue wherein the job levels (summoner and scholar only) displayed in the Edit Search Info interface was incorrect.
Grammatical errors within the text found in the Duty List, Journal, and NPC dialogue.

Countermeasures have been implemented for the following issues:

An issue wherein a player would occasionally not be able to progress within an instanced battle.
An issue wherein an NPC would occasionally become non-responsive while progressing a quest.
An issue wherein the background music and the sound effects would not play properly under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein the opening would not play under certain circumstances and prevented the game from starting properly.

I literally just clicked the link and it took me right to that EXACT post on the forums.

Alucrid

Banned
My Monk now has more allagan than my DRG...

C85400B93C0C898F08136AD144429D74272A8545

Anyone got a Monk BiS list?

Anyone else getting 90k'd followed by an authentication error that closes the client?

It's happened to me twice today. Also happened to a couple party members. Seems something about the duty finder servers might be muffed up.

Paches

I just bought this on a whim. I live in the west coast of the USA. Which GAF guild do I join?

Thinking I should go to Ultros (NA/EU data center) Linkshell: Gather Against Fate

Gonna throw a transfer request in for Sargatanas tonight I think. Also gonna drop from the Utros GAF FC because while I was running on that server with some friends I don't as much now since they have left so I don't wanna take a spot up for someone else.

Welcome!

I won't be on until the weekend.

Item Box

Return of the King...END ALREADY.
afaik the fate is native to costa, so it'll only end in north shroud/drybone.

I still had hundreds of wet ash after buying every cascaider piece, so i bought 1000 of each city sparkler

now i have no idea what to do with them

Isaccard

I still had hundreds of wet ash after buying every cascaider piece, so i bought 1000 of each city sparkler

Send them to Aeana, she collects them

i already ran wp pre patch every once in a while. kinda feels weird to get rewarded for it this much.

as expected, wp weapon parts are worth crap now. managed to sell a spear for 26k two days ago in prep. the same drop today sold for 6k.

Kokonoe

Banned

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i already ran wp pre patch every once in a while. kinda feels weird to get rewarded for it this much.

as expected, wp weapon parts are worth crap now. managed to sell a spear for 26k two days ago in prep. the same drop today sold for 6k.

Yeah it's a bit jarring how much prices have fallen. I got a bow piece, put it on markets for 19k. Did another WP, went back and check and it was already undercut to 10k. Just going to be an absolute abundance of them on the markets now.

Yeah it's a bit jarring how much prices have fallen. I got a bow piece, put it on markets for 19k. Did another WP, went back and check and it was already undercut to 10k. Just going to be an absolute abundance of them on the markets now.

they will go down to 500-1000g on my server. axe heads were going for that rate before.

I wish I had time to play this game. The reason I don't have time is because I've been busy writing a tool for the game whose purpose is to find the optimal sequence of synthesis actions to guarantee you the best result (e.g. maximize quality while minimizing risk of failure).

It's open source!

For those too lazy to click the above link, I'll direct-link a screenshot here.
screenshot.JPG

It's important to state for the record that this tool does not interact with the game. It does not read the game's memory, and it does not send the game commands (i.e. nothing is automated). Instead, you choose the item you're attempting to craft and manually enter your parameters, you hit Solve, and then you wait for it to spit out the best sequence of actions. At each step, you tell the tool whether it suceeded or failed, and what the new condition is, and everything else goes from there.

Currently, you can't use the tool unless you know how to compile C# code. That should change sometime within the next week, as I plan to put up an official release.

I would love some help! If you have any (not all) of the following skills and would like to help, get in touch with me, either through here, or on Github

a) Really good at math (Constructing an ideal metric for states turns out to be not very easy).
b) Programming (or designing) complicated UIs with WPF
c) C#
d) Designing heuristic search algorithms for very large search spaces.

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
i was in an AK dungeon today. nobody died, we beat all the bosses on the first try, but i felt like the tank was just a really bad one. no words (i can deal with that), never marked a single creature (kind of annoying, please just mark one and i can get coordinated much more quickly) and before the last creature was dead he would run off to the next group of monsters (this one really annoys me a lot). i'm playing as dragoon and i reaallly hate when tanks do that. im not gonna run after this thing and kill it after you abandon it. i'm not a bard and i can't chase those things. so for most of the dungeon, the monster that he left alive i didn't attack. and the great thing was, neither did the other damage dealer sometimes.

i mean is that consider normal? even if the run goes without any deaths and bosses get toppled, i can feel like the run was a bad one. tanks make or break the experience i think.

i could obviously tell he was trying to speed run it as much as he could but c'mon.

Abylim

After running Stone Vigil today, I'm pretty discouraged. I was out of the aoe before the boss stopped casting, and more often than not, I was hit. I cant seem to consistently get out of the aoe, even when it appears I'm way out. Doesnt look like theres much I can do on the ps3, just deal with the Australian lag.

Couple that with a handful of 90ks and 5003's today alone, I'm not liking the outlook.

Loving the game, but its not viable to do end game stuff if I cant reliably get out of the aoe. I was constantly moving on the dragon, and I'd still get hit.

Even back on Titan, awhile back, I was out of his line attack every time, on my screen. But I'd get knocked off half the time. =\

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
We got 90k a lot during coil runs today.

Still managed to get turns 1, 2, and 3 down in 59 minutes though. So not a bad night.

Kokonoe

Banned
dying.

There's this quest in Costa De Amigo, and you fight a Wind Elemental at the top of a cliff. I used Fluid Aura and knocked it off, causing me to "win" although I didn't.

gribbles

Banned
HURF DURF

I may have said some things that I'm not proud of, but at least I'm not the one singling out and mocking someone on these forums. YOU are the one publicly attacking me on these forums. YOU were the one who decided to bring this drama over to the forums and create a whole shitstorm. Last time I checked it's against the rules to attack a fellow GAF member. But hey, if you wanna bring this shit over to the forums, then fine I'm game, bring it on.

Also, I love how in that image you posted you conveniently left out the parts where you were mocking and making fun of me, and constantly making "elitist" jokes at my expense. But of course, you wouldn't bother to post the parts of the FC chat that make you look like an immature dick, right?

Oh and btw, the new patch nerfed DD so you can't farm it anymore, so it turns out I was right after all about it being an exploit. But of course you wouldn't admit that, what with your head being stuck so far up your own arse you can lick your own tonsils.

Alucrid

Banned
I may have said some things that I'm not proud of, but at least I'm not the one singling out and mocking someone on these forums. YOU are the one publicly attacking me on these forums. YOU were the one who decided to bring this drama over to the forums and create a whole shitstorm. Last time I checked it's against the rules to attack a fellow GAF member. But hey, if you wanna bring this shit over to the forums, then fine I'm game, bring it on.

Also, I love how in that image you posted you conveniently left out the parts where you were mocking and making fun of me, and constantly making "elitist" jokes at my expense. But of course, you wouldn't bother to post the parts of the FC chat that make you look like an immature dick, right?

Oh and btw, the new patch nerfed DD so you can't farm it anymore, so it turns out I was right after all about it being an exploit. But of course you wouldn't admit that, what with your head being stuck so far up your own arse you can lick your own tonsils.

When everyone pretty much comes to the unanimous decision that you acted like a huge dick the entire time in the FC it's difficult to play the victim.

Besides, you were the one to bring this shit on the forum.

Is it just me or are most ppl in the GAF FC unhelpful at best, and flat out selfish at worst?

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they've adopted a FUCK YOU GOT MINE attitude to helping newbies.

Maybe I should consider switching FCs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I think I'm Server First on Ultros with Pick of the Luminary
21,960 node hits later...
ekKD1rAl.jpg

miJdsmKl.jpg

meyMPZGl.jpg

5qvBdfWl.jpg

Final hit:
JN3YBIdl.jpg

JPARv2Xl.jpg

2 pics I mentioned earlier about Garuda HM farming, 4 minutes and 18 seconds was fastest drop
1 Tank, 1 Healer, 6 DPS with everyone with Relic or Relic+1
w5SsSJjl.jpg

iRN5TL9l.jpg

lol, that's quite the selective memory you have going on there.

Anyways, yeah, I mocked someone who was acting like a dick. I see no problem with that, you treat people like shit; I treated you the same, I went over this in my post. Do I need to requote that image again? "Man I love trolling Dark devices, everyone rages at me teehee!!". I don't even care if you deem that an exploit, how assholish does that sound? Are you reading the shit you type? So I openly mock you for trolling hundreds of people @ a FATE because you "enjoy" seeing them rage and yell at you. Yeah, I'm sure I'm the one who looks immature here.

KeRaSh

Tried to DF Cape Westwind trial yesterday but after 40 minutes I joined two fellow GAFfers to do The Aurum Vale for my GC quest, which went as smoothly as it could have gone. The tank didn't mark a single thing during the entire thing but everything went fine.
I ate a few too many AOEs during the cyclops fight and managed to accumulate poison stacked to 5 at some point during the last boss... It was fun! :D

Hopefully I can get through Cape Westwind today. I finally want to progress through the story so I can start farming for DL gear and get my Relic quest kicked off.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well I think I'm Server First on Ultros with Pick of the Luminary
21,960 node hits later...

Congrats! As far as firsts I still haven't seen anyone else with the needle, but I'm sure I wasn't the first. Mining one is a lot more work though.

Don't forget while you are busy labeling him:

-HE is one of the most helpful members of the FC.
-HE is the one who organized a Chimera group(the night before your Hydra post ironically) to help you and other members through the relic quest.
-HE is the one who teleported from Coerthas to Costa just to pay for your teleport fee's for said Chimera, because you refused to do so. He did it without even a complaint, and was a much nicer person about this then I probably would have been.
-Oh one more, HE is the one you logged on Monday night to whisper that you were "reporting him to Square Enix for harassment", blacklisted him before he could respond and logged off into the night.

Personally, your original post a week ago(about how selfish the GAF FC is) really struck a nerve with me. I mean, I have seen members of our FC helping each other at all hours of the day. Hell, I've personally had the pleasure of being in many Titan groups, to see an excited member finally clear that hurdle and be one step closer to their relic. In all honesty, I am surprised on a daily basis just how pleasant and helpful so many of our members are.

I hope for whatever future FC you find yourself in, you acquire a little patience and understanding. Try to realize that sometimes people are busy with their own devices, helping others, or possibly just afk before you go all scorched earth on your community and label them selfish after 20 minutes of looking for a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom