• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yondy604

Banned
Well I think I'm Server First on Ultros with Pick of the Luminary
21,960 node hits later...
ekKD1rAl.jpg

miJdsmKl.jpg

meyMPZGl.jpg

5qvBdfWl.jpg

Final hit:
JN3YBIdl.jpg

JPARv2Xl.jpg

2 pics I mentioned earlier about Garuda HM farming, 4 minutes and 18 seconds was fastest drop
1 Tank, 1 Healer, 6 DPS with everyone with Relic or Relic+1
w5SsSJjl.jpg

iRN5TL9l.jpg

Lack of shinyness is depressing. Nobody will even know u are holding it.

KeRaSh

After updating my PC version of FFXIV throughout the night the day before yesterday, I finally gave it a shot yesterday because the patch was only 75 MB compared to 750 MB on the PS3.
It took a while to get my UI back up to speed with what I'm currently used to on the PS3 but now that everything is set up, I might stick with the PC version...
I can now comfortably use the Cross Bar and Hotbar at the same time.
Cross Bar for combos x 2, Jumps and emergency HP recovery abilities while I keep DoT and DEF / EVA / Parry buff skills to the regular PC Hotbar.

Better graphics, stable 60 fps and much quicker load times are also great. Might as well make the switch now that I'm closing in on endgame content before the "NO PS3!" mentality gets in my way of progressing through content.

Mupod

hoplite boots, garuda sword, heavy darklight armor, and valor gauntlets all in one day. All this after getting no upgrades for ages. Today was a good day!

Wortany

Hmm, character creation is open on all EU/NA servers (including Ultros).

I'd like to join you guys but since it is an NA server, everything is probably dead during EU times?
For example, I'm closing in on being able to do Coil but if it will be hard to start a group during EU time, I might as well just stay on Cerberus.

Teletraan1

Banned
Is Garuda HM difficult? I watched a video and it looked pretty easy. I was just going to DF it if its possible but I am pretty intolerant of DF douchebags. The FC just seems to do Titan HM and I am usually not on during the weekends and I log in late nights or early morning for east coasters usually so I have missed all the primal fighting and if I am on during normal hours I have never been able to get into a group in the FC because as a healer those spots are usually gone instantly and seemingly to people who have done it before or are on their second relic quest. I was told you can never have enough healers but I feel that is not the case here. I hope that doesn't rub people the wrong way, im not very social in the FC so I guess its my own fault for being an introvert playing a mmo.

orion434

I don't know how everyone was bitching about Mining EXP? I mined nothing but Black Alumen from lv 40 to 47 and I still reached 50 before the Quick-fix :p

Mandoric

Banned
Is there a golden fishing rod?

also:

Any fishing leveling guide?

Gotta catch 'em all
(still beats 10,000 moat carp)

Fishing is pretty easy. Just follow the train of quests/quest reward bait, and leves if that starts to slow down: 1-15 is harder than 45-50 is harder than 15-45.

usea

Currently, you can't use the tool unless you know how to compile C# code. That should change sometime within the next week, as I plan to put up an official release.
Anybody who like super wants to use this before a binary is put up. Download the zip from github (green button in the bottom right) and then unzip it somewhere. I'll use c:\temp as an example. You need .net installed (probably v4.0, but I haven't checked which version this needs).

Find your .net installation directory. It's probably here:
Code:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
open the command prompt (start -> run -> type "cmd" is one way) and type this:
Code:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild c:\temp\FFXIVSynthSolver-master\SynthSolver.sln
Replace the path at the beginning with your actual .net path, but it's probably super similar. Just navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and find the highest number v4.x subdirectory

Then the executable will be here:
Code:
c:\temp\FFXIVSynthSolver-master\Simulator\bin\Debug\Simulator.exe

You may get errors. If you do, it's probably due to not having something installed which comes with Visual Studio. I'm not sure what it might be since I haven't tested it that way myself.

Aeana

I wish I had time to play this game. The reason I don't have time is because I've been busy writing a tool for the game whose purpose is to find the optimal sequence of synthesis actions to guarantee you the best result (e.g. maximize quality while minimizing risk of failure).

It's open source!

For those too lazy to click the above link, I'll direct-link a screenshot here.
screenshot.JPG

It's important to state for the record that this tool does not interact with the game. It does not read the game's memory, and it does not send the game commands (i.e. nothing is automated). Instead, you choose the item you're attempting to craft and manually enter your parameters, you hit Solve, and then you wait for it to spit out the best sequence of actions. At each step, you tell the tool whether it suceeded or failed, and what the new condition is, and everything else goes from there.

Currently, you can't use the tool unless you know how to compile C# code. That should change sometime within the next week, as I plan to put up an official release.

I would love some help! If you have any (not all) of the following skills and would like to help, get in touch with me, either through here, or on Github

a) Really good at math (Constructing an ideal metric for states turns out to be not very easy).
b) Programming (or designing) complicated UIs with WPF
c) C#
d) Designing heuristic search algorithms for very large search spaces.

I don't know if I'm missing something or what. I built it but the combo boxes and stuff are all empty. No data for craft/recipe. Clicking the analyze button eventually causes an OutOfMemoryException.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ran into a massive bug. Philosophy tomes I received from AK haven't populated my currency inventory... going to have to chat with SE on that one.

KeRaSh

Is there a consensus on what slot to replace with Darklight first as a Dragoon? Should I go for a few cheap ones first or save up for the chest piece? I haven't really compared specific items to see which gives the biggest boost (asuming chest piece) compared to AF.
Alternatively I could wait a few AK runs and see what drops I manage to snatch up and start replacing slots that are still AF or crafted accessories.

After fighting arguably the largest enemy in FFXI - Hydra, I was a bit disappointed with how tiny the FFXIV version of him was last night. ; ;

Was a fun fight to tank though!

Torquill

Is there a consensus on what slot to replace with Darklight first as a Dragoon? Should I go for a few cheap ones first or save up for the chest piece? I haven't really compared specific items to see which gives the biggest boost (asuming chest piece) compared to AF.
Alternatively I could wait a few AK runs and see what drops I manage to snatch up and start replacing slots that are still AF or crafted accessories.
1) focus on the left side slots over right side. The right side offers no defense improvements and you'll need those for titan

2) my strat is to save up enough tomes for any slot, then focus on bits that don't have AK pieces. I also tend to focus on the most visible piece to maximize perceived value of my gear to others at a quick glance

I just put together a quick spreadsheet to determine the VIT boost for each piece (though you could pick any stat, I went with VIT) and then compared it to the cost to see which gave me the most VIT/tome. Obviously depending on your current gear it will vary, but for me it's Waist, Feed, Legs, Body, Hands.

As long as you keep the spreadsheet updated as you pick up new gear you can adjust depending on pickups.

KeRaSh

Thanks for the input Torquill and Clever Pun.
I guess I'll wait and see what AK has in store for me during my first few runs and then try to get the best upgrades that combine biggest stat upgrade with most obvious upgrade to the eye.

Still need to finish the story...

pitbull

Banned
My Monk now has more allagan than my DRG...

C85400B93C0C898F08136AD144429D74272A8545

Anyone got a Monk BiS list?

yeah....its all allagan, pretty easy

not sure whether a crafted ring would be better than dark light but that's the only thing debatable

unless you wanted links to the actual equips ;/

pitbull

Banned

well the equip on the left side ie helm body gloves belt boots will give vit along with increased def, which is a much bigger boost when progressing content. I don't think any of the dl acc give vit.

I messed up and did acc first because they were cheaper and then realized they really don't help as much as armor does.

After fighting arguably the largest enemy in FFXI - Hydra, I was a bit disappointed with how tiny the FFXIV version of him was last night. ; ;

Was a fun fight to tank though!

As a controller user who has been suffering the targeting bug where you can't target mobs unless their entire model fits on your screen, I'm fine with boss models being as small as possible.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Grats.
Feels like yesterday that I did a Brayflox run with you, and here you are, 50 and with a Relic XD
How was the Titan fight?

:D
lol well you see about that...
I died around heart phase and every time a Raise was attempted I happened to be in AOE or I would get back up and instantly die from something else. So I laid on the ground the rest of the fight as everyone else minus one other slid into victory. I wish I recorded it.

I died around heart phase and every time a Raise was attempted I happened to be in AOE or I would get back up and instantly die from something else. So I laid on the ground the rest of the fight as everyone else minus one other slid into victory. I wish I recorded it.

So is like you bought a Titan run but for free?

:p

kiryogi

Banned

So the comments about you being carried were true.

Aeana

There was some pretty bad lag yesterday, and that 90k+5003 error combo that everybody took turns getting. I'm impressed we managed to beat Titan with two different groups during all of that.

I don't know if I'm missing something or what. I built it but the combo boxes and stuff are all empty. No data for craft/recipe. Clicking the analyze button eventually causes an OutOfMemoryException.

Yes, combo boxes are empty, thats why i dont have an actual release yet. You have to edit the parameters in code atm. Will change soon.

You need to build 64 bit config, otherwise you'll get out of memory as you saw. I have ideas how to reduce memory usage, but takes time

Also none of the abilities higher than level 20 are supported yet because i was busy getting the UI working

MechaX

Something similar happened to me in the other GAF group that was running Titan yesterday. Like, I was usually able to get to phase 5 without too many mistakes. But he ended up catching me between a landslide and a bomb about to detonate. I chose to die by the bomb because at least my body would still be in the actual stage that way.

But hey, got the relic and I'm only 300 stones from getting the relic +1. And at least now I can participate better in any other Titan runs the FC might be doing in the future.

studyguy

Ran a bunch of WP last night...
I like the atmosphere of that dungeon, but it's a snoozefest as far as mechanics go.
Also got my Valor body.

Just need the arms and the pantsu and I'm set for the build I want.

Nursezero

Mid-fight of Ifrit HM my PS3 shuts down and YLOD... Arg, I feel bad for the group I left. Time to move down downstairs to get living room PS3.

Aeana

Ran a bunch of WP last night...
I like the atmosphere of that dungeon, but it's a snoozefest as far as mechanics go.
I find it a lot more stressful than pretty much any other dungeon, as a healer. Especially when my group doesn't want to run far from the tonberry stalkers and instead just wants to inch ahead and only move every time he aggros. (._. )

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Something similar happened to me in the other GAF group that was running Titan yesterday. Like, I was usually able to get to phase 5 without too many mistakes. But he ended up catching me between a landslide and a bomb about to detonate. I chose to die by the bomb because at least my body would still be in the actual stage that way.

But hey, got the relic and I'm only 300 stones from getting the relic +1. And at least now I can participate better in any other Titan runs the FC might be doing in the future.
Garuda HM is a cakewalk in comparison, still ;-;

Khatoz

I find it a lot more stressful than pretty much any other dungeon, as a healer. Especially when my group doesn't want to run far from the tonberry stalkers and instead just wants to inch ahead and only move every time he aggros. (._. )

Theres a Tonberry Stalker? >_>

What do you guys do? With the HP buff everything in there seems to have gotten with this hotfix, I feel like we're all freshly 50 all over again. Stuff takes long enough to kill that he's always there.

They also changed his movement pattern: before he would follow you and then come back to keep his normal pattern. Now as soon you lose aggro he won't go back..., so the only solution most of the time is to run back and make him dissapear.

MechaX

Garuda HM is a cakewalk in comparison, still ;-;

Garuda and Ifrit HM is pretty much all about positioning (well, Ifrit is a bit more involved depending on how well your tanks can stun and how coordinated your group is if you lack a SMN/BLM Limit Break for the nails).

Titan HM takes cues from action game bosses out of all things, at least I think. He has a pattern, but you're still mostly going to be relying on reacting to stuff. You need a certain amount of gear to survive comfortably, but not getting hit is always the priority for non-tank roles. Compare this to Garuda HM where I still don't really know what the hell is happening when she summons her adds and they're just spamming aoes I can't/don't have to dodge.

In a crazy sense, I found Titan HM way more fun than the other primal battles.

What do you guys do? With the HP buff everything in there seems to have gotten with this hotfix, I feel like we're all freshly 50 all over again. Stuff takes long enough to kill that he's always there.

I dunno, after running WP a few times after the patch, it still doesn't seem too different. The Stalker still has the same pathing and you can outrun him so easily still. The dungeon is just slightly more tedious since there's a part where you pretty much have to wait for him to pass by. And even at the part with the two switches before the last boss there, the Stalker does show up to crash the party a lot. But usually, Stalker goes after one guy, other members pick up the oil and open the switches, and then we just bolt through the gate just fine.

studyguy

Honestly we burn everything so fast, I don't think I've ever had an issue beyond running the stalkers into team members on purpose... that got old fast though.

Alucrid

Banned

Yen does it like he does AK. Well every dungeon for that matter.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's a shame Anime Bodypillow isn't around; I think he'd really like this new guy.

suAZKDY.png

Also, are transfers to Ultros closed?

Aeana

I dunno, then. Did it several times with everyone with relic+1 and still didn't kill everything before he caught up each time. I really hate that dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom