• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What do you guys do? With the HP buff everything in there seems to have gotten with this hotfix, I feel like we're all freshly 50 all over again. Stuff takes long enough to kill that he's always there.

Tank buffs up, grabs 2-3 sets of adds, Burn all motherfuckers to the ground ASAP with AOE's galore

Only time it gets a little risky is after 2nd boss

Smart to destroy first 2 sets, so the flying cheese balls and the tonberries on the steps
Just pull them to the door you enter after killing said 2nd boss

Then it's kill the boneys + tonberries by training them to the end and just AOE burn them down

Just have a geared tank who can take hits, if you have Garuda+ weapon, those AOE's take out packs very fast
If relic+1, ridiculous

Khatoz

What do you guys do? With the HP buff everything in there seems to have gotten with this hotfix, I feel like we're all freshly 50 all over again. Stuff takes long enough to kill that he's always there.

2 pulls in the first part, 2 pulls in the second only because of those damn nyam things and one pull on the third part. We had some issues yestatday with lag so we died a couple of times pulling like that. But without lag or silly mistakes we can finish the place in about 15 minutes.

Aeana

It's a shame Anime Bodypillow isn't around; I think he'd really like this new guy.

suAZKDY.png

Also, are transfers to Ultros closed?
That's the guy we took refugee party members from and beat Titan with because apparently he wasn't getting it done. Probably time to check the ego a little bit.

And yeah, Ultros transfers are only open when character creation is available.

GraveRobberX

2 pulls in the first part, 2 pulls in the second only because of those damn nyam things and one pull on the third part. We had some issues yestatday with lag so we died a couple of times pulling like that. But without lag or silly mistakes we can finish the place in about 15 minutes.

The Stalker in the middle area (the gear are with 2 boneys) to 2nd boss can be a fucking troll sometimes
Like, move faster you!, most of the time tank aggros all 3, and we just fight boneys on steps

pitbull

Banned
It's a shame Anime Bodypillow isn't around; I think he'd really like this new guy.

suAZKDY.png

its ok, the good players are the ones that do "favors" for others and show everyone how good they play. Since he wont group with plebs I'll make sure not to dps with him then since I'm sure I'm more geared than him :)

just joking, ill forget all about it probably before lunch time

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The FC is open to all GAF members. We aren't particularly exclusive. We also don't have very many people who turn out to be jerks.

I don't know if he is a GAF member. He came from another FC he was the leader of. I crafted for him one day and he told me he liked GAF because Master Shake was cool, then the next day he asked me the name of an officer (I told him Xarielle) and joined the FC.

GraveRobberX

Need some help

I was asked to be off tank for Coil Turn 1 on the starting boss

I was suppose to pick up the adds

When the first one pops @ the 30 second mark, I flash + provoke, yet it still bee-lines to the healer
I tried Shield Lob + Flash + Fast > Provoke, sometimes it still would get away
I have shield oath up

The fuck is going on?

pitbull

Banned
see this is what unscrupulous types master shake brings around, but if that guy isnt a gaffer gaffer then I dont have to worry about offending him on here :)

Alucrid

Banned
yeah....its all allagan, pretty easy

not sure whether a crafted ring would be better than dark light but that's the only thing debatable

unless you wanted links to the actual equips ;/

Thanks. I'll probably have full Monk Allagan by next week then with my luck, and all it does is sit in my bags.

falastini

Need some help

When the first one pops @ the 30 second mark, I flash + provoke, yet it still bee-lines to the healer
I have shield oath up

The fuck is going on?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The slimes? Their spawn is controlled. You should have assigned dps spawning and kiting them to boss. I'm not sure why you are off-tanking them.

edit: oh the miniboss.... don't use provoke right away. if the healer heals after you provoke, you're going to lose agro. I'm a warrior, so it might be a bit different, but I would usually tomahawk first, then when he got closer (or started moving toward a healer), i would provoke+hit. That kept them on me after that.

Tried to DF Cape Westwind trial yesterday but after 40 minutes I joined two fellow GAFfers to do The Aurum Vale for my GC quest, which went as smoothly as it could have gone. The tank didn't mark a single thing during the entire thing but everything went fine.
I ate a few too many AOEs during the cyclops fight and managed to accumulate poison stacked to 5 at some point during the last boss... It was fun! :D

I believe I was one of them for that run! Corner Pressure or Auli right? That was a good run, it was my third and the first two I always struggled as a SCH because my pets always die from the pools.

Anyway, someone mentioned that the Return of the King event needs to end and I couldn't agree more. Those FATEs are a Botanist's nightmare.

I'm CONSTANTLY getting knocked off of the wind and lightning crystal nodes because of the bombs. I bet miners don't have to put up with this crap. :/

And a couple more pics I took a while ago.

Soon...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Need some help

I have shield oath up

The fuck is going on?

Our off tank had issues with the for the first 2 tries at the miniboss.
I believe the fix is to make sure your healers aren't overhealing and to avoid regen if possible.

The tank waits where the mini ads spawnas and I believe he starts with a shield throw > provoke.

We haven't had those things chase the healers in the last 3 weeks, so whatever he is doing, he got it under control.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
see this is what unscrupulous types master shake brings around, but if that guy isnt a gaffer gaffer then I dont have to worry about offending him on here :)

I can't tell if you really dislike the guy or if you are being sarcastic. haha.

I genuinely enjoy having Master Shake around as he is pretty funny, knows his stuff, and is in my coil group. He also helps with Titan carries and the like.

pitbull

Banned
Thanks. I'll probably have full Monk Allagan by next week then with my luck, and all it does is sit in my bags.

If you get the monk body I'm going to slander your name and get you perma banned from rl just so i can have your spot in the group

He does lurk this thread though. =/

I didnt mean master, he's probably one of the funniest guys in the fc now that montyb is in jail for fanfic copyright infringement

Khatoz

If you get the monk body I'm going to slander your name and get you perma banned from rl just so i can have your spot in the group

I didnt mean master, he's probably one of the funniest guys in the fc now that montyb is in jail for fanfic copyright infringement

He's already perma banned from Real Life, how do you think he has the time to get all that stuff D:

kierwynn

Clearly you haven't heard Giz sing his life story to the tune of the Ducktales theme, cause that's pretty hilarious. Now, maybe if Shake starts writing fanfiction, he can take the title.

Need some help

I have shield oath up

The fuck is going on?

I stand on the spot where they are going to pop, as soon as I see it I flash + spirits within + circle of scorn and start going into my combo. Save provoke in case it decides to run. For the first one I preemptively pop fight or flight since I know when its going to pop.

studyguy

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The slimes? Their spawn is controlled. You should have assigned dps spawning and kiting them to boss. I'm not sure why you are off-tanking them.

edit: oh the miniboss.... don't use provoke right away. if the healer heals after you provoke, you're going to lose agro. I'm a warrior, so it might be a bit different, but I would usually tomahawk first, then when he got closer (or started moving toward a healer), i would provoke+hit. That kept them on me after that.

Indeed, the pattern should be PROVOKE > Attack.
Provoke only gives top agro+1. It should always be followed by an attack regardless of whether you're engaging or regaining enmity after losing it. Attack > Provoke doesn't really do anything for you since it negates the attacks, it doesn't stack enmity for the attacks before it.

pitbull

Banned
Clearly you haven't heard Giz sing his life story to the tune of the Ducktales theme, cause that's pretty hilarious. Now, maybe if Shake starts writing fanfiction, he can take the title.

giz is in my mental timeout until he quits trying to make voltron everythings

Torquill

:D
lol well you see about that...
I died around heart phase and every time a Raise was attempted I happened to be in AOE or I would get back up and instantly die from something else. So I laid on the ground the rest of the fight as everyone else minus one other slid into victory. I wish I recorded it.
Only raise right after he does an attack that precedes encasing someone in rock.

Yondy604

Banned
Hey guys!, alicia here.

I plan to do a TON of titan runs tonight with some FC members. If you are interested, PM me in game. I'm always around.

bye!

Silvawuff

I bought the day one collector's edition of this game, played it for a week and dropped it. If I wanted to get back into this game since the re-release, would I need to get new discs or what?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
so uhm i have 2 savage aim materia III finally for my Gae Bolg, but how do i go about asking someone to meld it? how much do you pay the person normally and cant he steal mah shit?

Lain

I'm gonna ask in here because I don't know when I'll log into the game today, anyone interested in doing Chimera on Ultros sometime today?

so uhm i have 2 savage aim materia III finally for my Gae Bolg, but how do i go about asking someone to meld it? how much do you pay the person normally and cant he steal mah shit?

I asked a fellow FC member (on Sarg) and they were happy to help. I'm not sure what the cost is, but you could try shouting for it.

As for the actual meld, you can right click the player (or on controller target, confirm target, open subcommands) and choose Request Meld.

Then choose where the item is in your inventory/armory and then select the item and what materia you want melded.

Confirm the request and then it's up to them. Once it's done you'll have to repeat everything for the second meld.

As you can see, they don't ever get your stuff so they can't steal it!

GraveRobberX

Umm, if you are in GAF FC on Ultros I think some one can meld it for you free, hopefully

You can tip like say 5,000gil if you want (I usually do)

You don't have to hand over the materials
Just highlight the crafter, click on them to get the menu
Should me materia melding as an option
Go through the process of selecting weapon, the materia you want to affix, the payment you want to give them
*DONT FORGET THE CARBONIZED MATTER!* Grade 3 if materia III
You'll see the success rate too
Say yes, the crafter will meld the materia
No items need to be traded and people running off with them

Edit: Beaten like a Grave Robber on Halloween trying to find loot in the freshly new dug graves =/

Need some help

I have shield oath up

The fuck is going on?

I had the same issue. Pop Fight or Flight. I got Curtana +1 and I don't even need to do that anymore to get aggro. People think Curtana +1 is irrelevant, but it actually makes a good difference in enmity.

GraveRobberX

I had the same issue. Pop Fight or Flight. I got Curtana +1 and I don't even need to do that anymore to get aggro. People think Curtana +1 is irrelevant, but it actually makes a good difference in enmity.

Maybe that's it, I have Garuda Wep at the moment

Need Titan Hm for Curtana, have 1 mist, was going to use it on holy shield, might just save it till next week and grab Curtana+1 first

I had BLM get the relic+1 first, so 2 weeks I need to get PLD to Relic+1 also >_<
Stupid 300 Cap

I don't know if he is a GAF member. He came from another FC he was the leader of. I crafted for him one day and he told me he liked GAF because Master Shake was cool, then the next day he asked me the name of an officer (I told him Xarielle) and joined the FC.

I just looked into this. Apparently he provided information to lead us to believe that he was a GAF member but no one verified his username (which does not exist). He used Xarielle as a reference. It's possible that he has an unapproved account or is a lurker. We are currently only accepting NeoGAF members and members that can be vouched for by current GAF members. I will look into this some more. We definitely don't need any more bad apples spoiling the bunch!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

suAZKDY.png

Oh that guy. Funny thing about him was he was really touchy about going into Wander's Palace too. So much so they he ended up crafting me some jewelry for a slight Dex boost... and he ended up dying anyway while I had no problems. lol

Alucrid

Banned
Oh that guy. Funny thing about him was he was really touchy about going into Wander's Palace too. So much so they he ended up crafting me some jewelry for a slight Dex boost... and he ended up dying anyway while I had no problems. lol

I'm conflicted about that. On one hang being that picky about gear for WP is absurd. On the other hand he did craft you a new accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom