• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

I can see the xp boost on gathering normally, but I'm not seeing it in the leves. Weren't the leves supposed to get a boost as well? I'm currently looking at Costa leves and they seem to be right where they were before the hot fix (~15k).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm conflicted about that. On one hang being that picky about gear for WP is absurd. On the other hand he did craft you a new accessory.

Yeah I told him I'd run it before no problem but he insisted so I'm grateful for the gear. He just didn't need to be so highstrung about WP lol.

I can see the xp boost on gathering normally, but I'm not seeing it in the leves. Weren't the leves supposed to get a boost as well? I'm currently looking at Costa leves and they seem to be right where they were before the hot fix (~15k).

Every time you hit the node for leves you are getting XP and that amount is increased along with everything else. Maybe that is what they were referring to? I didn't notice any increase in the reward amounts.

I would really like to join the GAF FC on Ultros. I know about the FC website in the OP, but I am unsure about what to do to get started. If someone could explain what to do or who to send a tell to get signed for the FC that would be great. Is it still full, with a waiting LS?

I am not much of a hardcore player though and don't have an enormous amount of time to invest, but would really like to experience the game and story with decent people. Thanks.

Name's "Furious Wildfire" btw.

I would really like to join the GAF FC on Ultros. I know about the FC website in the OP, but I am unsure about what to do to get started. If someone could explain what to do or who to send a tell to get signed for the FC that would be great. Is it still full, with a waiting LS?

I am not much of a hardcore player though and don't have an enormous amount of time to invest, but would really like to experience the game and story with decent people. Thanks.

Name's "Furious Wildfire" btw.

We have room.

Just go to the recruitment page on the website and fill out an application. Once you have done that, send a /tell to one of the officers while you are online and in-game and we will send you an invite. The officers are listed on the site (and on the recruitment page) and in the OP.

We have room.

Just go to the recruitment page on the website and fill out an application. Once you have done that, send a /tell to one of the officers while you are online and in-game and we will send you an invite. The officers are listed on the site (and on the recruitment page) and in the OP.
Thanks. I'll get on that soon.

As a fresh 50 PLD, how should I be spending my Tomes? Darklight armor or accessories first?

I would advise going for the armor first. You will want the extra defense. I would go ahead and buy the belt with the Tomes you received for finishing the story and then buy some cheap HQ Amber Rings (or get someone to craft them for you) and get a Hoplite Choker and/or Hoplite Ring from AK. Your GC might have some decent 40-50 jewelry also. That will be more than enough to tide you over until you get to updating your accessories properly.

Personally, I went full Darklight armor (all pieces) and did my accessories last. It worked out extremely well.

As a DPS/Mage, I would probably go for accessories first.

So lame that Turn 5 is down again. My group got to it last night and only tried a few attempts (because it was late). We planned on working on it more (for fun/challenge) tonight and more this week. Bah. I bet SE just restarted the instance servers for that place and said to themselves, "Welp, that'll fix it I bet!". ~.~

---

I also wish the game had more end game content or let you run Coils multiple times (even if you couldn't get loot). My friends need help with Coils, but since I've already gone this week, I can't assist them. And for a game that touts you can play as any job on one character, it's a weird system to have at the end game. I level other classes, but I'll never get to go to Coils with them like you could in say WoW via the alt-system. I love that I can do everything on one character, but it's missing some of the perks like being able to run a raid more than once a week like you could in other MMOs. *shrug* My group finished Coils last night (since Turn 5 is down for maintenance), so we have nothing to do but work on farming tomes for other jobs or level other jobs. :/

So lame that Turn 5 is down again. My group got to it last night and only tried a few attempts (because it was late). We planned on working on it more (for fun/challenge) tonight and more this week. Bah. I bet SE just restarted the instance servers for that place and said to themselves, "Welp, that'll fix it I bet!". ~.~

---

I also wish the game had more end game content or let you run Coils multiple times (even if you couldn't get loot). My friends need help with Coils, but since I've already gone this week, I can't assist them. And for a game that touts you can play as any job on one character, it's a weird system to have at the end game. I level other classes, but I'll never get to go to Coils with them like you could in say WoW via the alt-system. I love that I can do everything on one character, but it's missing some of the perks like being able to run a raid more than once a week like you could in other MMOs. *shrug*

I thought you could run a Coil 'Turn' again as long as someone in the group (the leader) hasn't done that 'Turn'? Isn't progress saved based on the party leader?

I thought you could run Coil 'Turn' again as long as someone in the group (the leader) hasn't done that 'Turn'? Isn't progress saved based on the party leader?

It's based on your personal progress. If I cleared up to Turn 4, and joined another group whose leader hadn't done anything yet, it wouldn't let us enter. I'd have to become leader and then everyone else could enter into my Turn 4 "save".

Otherwise, you could run Coils 8 times by switching leader in your group after you finished turns, lol.

It's based on your personal progress. If I cleared up to Turn 4, and joined another group whose leader hadn't done anything yet, it wouldn't let us enter. I'd have to become leader and then everyone else could enter into my Turn 4 "save".

A+ game design.

No wonder so many static groups have started forming. The game pretty much forces you into them.

---

I also wish the game had more end game content or let you run Coils multiple times (even if you couldn't get loot). My friends need help with Coils, but since I've already gone this week, I can't assist them. And for a game that touts you can play as any job on one character, it's a weird system to have at the end game. I level other classes, but I'll never get to go to Coils with them like you could in say WoW via the alt-system. I love that I can do everything on one character, but it's missing some of the perks like being able to run a raid more than once a week like you could in other MMOs. *shrug* My group finished Coils last night (since Turn 5 is down for maintenance), so we have nothing to do but work on farming tomes for other jobs or level other jobs. :/

I feel you. We have enough for 2 coil groups in my FC though a few more that kind of spill over and it just screws everything up not being able to go back in. What we are doing lately is taking the core group and splitting in in half and taking the new ppl to coil in. At least that way everyone gets a turn but it sucks having to re teach ppl this stuff.

Baliis

A+ game design.

No wonder so many static groups have started forming. The game pretty much forces you into them.

What MMO doesn't work this way?

WoW works sort of differently I guess since you can hop into any instance now that's killed at least all of the bosses you have anyways, but it took a long time for that system to be implemented.

What MMO doesn't work this way?

In other MMOs, having alternate characters is how you would get around this issue we are having. You can technically make an alt on XIV, but why would you when you can have every job on one character? Plus you have to pay more for having another character. Didn't WoW change that recently?

I just find it weird that the game says "You can level any job on any character! Go wild!" Then at the end game, it's a completely different story. You can really only gear up 1 job at a time due to the myth caps and Coil issue (once per week).

I feel you. We have enough for 2 coil groups in my FC though a few more that kind of spill over and it just screws everything up not being able to go back in. What we are doing lately is taking the core group and splitting in in half and taking the new ppl to coil in. At least that way everyone gets a turn but it sucks having to re teach ppl this stuff.

Yeah, we are tempted to start doing that as well, but... it does suck having to basically start from scratch with new players in your group after learning the fights already (ie: lots of wipes with new people probably).

Baliis

In other MMOs, having alternate characters is how you would get around this issue we are having. You can technically make an alt on XIV, but why would you when you can have every job on one character? Plus you have to pay more for having another character. Plus, didn't WoW change that recently?

I just find it weird that the game says "You can level any job on any character! Go wild!" Then at the end game, it's a completely different story. You can really only gear up 1 job at a time due to the myth caps and Coil issue (once per week).

I agree that the "One character does everything" doesn't mesh well with gated rewards.

I edited my post to mention WoW, but it's still the same general idea of only running the dungeon once per reset. Trying to find a PUG when you already had bosses down was near impossible anyways because most groups forming would start fresh.

nikos

Just transferred to Leviathan from Gilgamesh. Feels weird man. Hopefully I get used to being on a new server. WoW sort of never felt the same after I transferred, but I was on my original server for a while before transferring.

In other MMOs, having alternate characters is how you would get around this issue we are having. You can technically make an alt on XIV, but why would you when you can have every job on one character? Plus you have to pay more for having another character. Didn't WoW change that recently?

Yeah, we are tempted to start doing that as well, but... it does suck having to basically start from scratch with new players in your group after learning the fights already (ie: lots of wipes with new people probably).

Sooo many wipes lol sooo soo many.

Over dumb stuff also. I play brd and we have another different brd with us this time and so many wipes to turn 2 because he ALWAYS misses silence. We said screw it switched classes so it was a mnk doing silence and me backing up was perfect but the guythat was the mnk was the previous healer, the new healer cannot heal lol it just seems like they always do something wrong if not that they mess up rot. When I go with my static it is 1 and done only wipes we have in my static are turn 4 if we have slow DPS or PLD doesn't dodge pox and dies

My understanding of the situation was that it was pulled down for a week to fix the exploit, came back up yesterday and still easily exploitable. Instead of just pulling Twin up high to where he does nothing he will melee the tanks now, but it still bypasses all of the mechanics and phases.

Honestly at this point I wish they'd just retool the tornado phase so he can be brought down through legit means, as opposed to pulling the whole turn down and trying to stop an exploit halfheartedly.

Hyro Kurosawa here and I just wanted to officially say goodbye to the GAF FC. Heat and I decided to transfer servers because we have some IRL friends on a different server. Just wanted to say that we will miss everyone and we had a great time getting to know everyone.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
my game is broken.

wEgcOXR.jpg

i cant turn in this quest. keeps saying complete

Aeana

Hyro Kurosawa here and I just wanted to officially say goodbye to the GAF FC. Heat and I decided to transfer servers because we have some IRL friends on a different server. Just wanted to say that we will miss everyone and we had a great time getting to know everyone.

You should have had your friends transfer to Ultros!! Transfer to Ultros was available earlier today. :(
I'm so sad you two are gone. :( Best wishes though.

:(

Hyro and Heat! The last time I saw one of you, well, it seems that my last memory of you two will be of Heat running around naked in Limsa for some reason while I was crafting in Hawker's Alley.

We enjoyed having you and are truly sad to see you go. May you often reminisce about the glory days of GAF.

Alucrid

Banned

It was good running with you two!

WHM pants look terrible. Who thought this was a good idea?

nooooooooooooooooo

everyone's leaving us ;_;

Hopped in today for the first time with the PS3 CE I got from a gaffer.

Basically my first MMO experience. Really digging it so far. Only a Lv 5 Lancer at this point on the Ultros server. I'll have to add my info to the google doc spreadsheet.

Also enjoying is very much on ps3 thus far

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone have an issue where when you exit the game the client doesn't exit and it just goes black? I have to end it with the task manager

KeRaSh

Beat Cape Westwind earlier today. I'm going to tackle CM tomorrow. I want to start farming Ifrit HM runs for my weapon and AK for DL gear so I can work on my Relic.

WolvenOne

So, I'd like to take on Titan in the next 2-3 days, so I can get my Relic weapon. Right now I'm a Warrior with AK/Darklight gear, and around 6500HP with Defiance on and with the group VIT Bonus in effect.

Is that going to be enough, or do I need another couple of Darklight before I'll have the HP for Tanking Titan?

tenchir

I dunno, then. Did it several times with everyone with relic+1 and still didn't kill everything before he caught up each time. I really hate that dungeon.

Did it a once with a couple of Gaffer yesterday. It really helps if you have a SMN/BLK or an AOE class. I just pull 2-3 groups together, then start stacking some defense buffs and flashed like crazy. With a single summoner, we were ahead of the stalker most of the time.

I think our healer was a bit stressed out at how often I was close to death during those grabs though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom