• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Hyro Kurosawa here and I just wanted to officially say goodbye to the GAF FC. Heat and I decided to transfer servers because we have some IRL friends on a different server. Just wanted to say that we will miss everyone and we had a great time getting to know everyone.

Noooo you guys were awesome :(

I guess me and my wife will have to pick up the slack for husband/wife teams on the FC (I'm Tomo Takino, she's Leolin Heiral)

Hubb

Is that going to be enough, or do I need another couple of Darklight before I'll have the HP for Tanking Titan?

As long as you know his attack rotations you should be fine, and if you are really worried run with 3 healers.

I'm not sure what kind of defense CDs wars have, but if you can use them/one of them on his table flip attack every time it'll help keep you alive.

Hyro Kurosawa here and I just wanted to officially say goodbye to the GAF FC. Heat and I decided to transfer servers because we have some IRL friends on a different server. Just wanted to say that we will miss everyone and we had a great time getting to know everyone.

It was a pleasure, good luck on your new server!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Had the last two story dungeons ruined for me by asshole speed-runners :(

Castrum was one thing, where they were trying to speed-run it, badly. But missing entire bosses, notably the absolute last one, in Prae was unforgiveable. One dude was new to the story just like me, but buckled under peer pressure like a piece of soggy toilet paper, and skipped cutscenes. Just total dickwads completely taking the wind out of what should be a big build up to the end of the game.

Prae should clearly have been a 4-man dungeon to prevent this kind of shit, or there should be some SPEED-RUNNERS toggle on duty finder so I didn't have to cross paths with these assholes.

It is a shame Pie & Beans, are you playing w/ other Gafers? its really easy to get a story run going, even just asking in Mor Dorna if not directly out of the FC, lots of players are willing to help you'll find. Just stay away from DF for story runs of those two dungeons.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hmm, when I try to log onto the Lodestone site it tells me I have no characters on that account. Am I correct in assuming this is because my subscription ran out earlier this month and I have yet to renew it, or should I start to panic?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hmm, when I try to log onto the Lodestone site it tells me I have no characters on that account. Am I correct in assuming this is because my subscription ran out earlier this month and I have yet to renew it, or should I start to panic?

Yeah, you're fine. This is what happened to me and I shit myself but was fine.

And nah, not playing with GAF'rs as I chose an EU server for timezone reasons mostly. AOE lag and normal lag has been particularly bad this past couple of days, guess the world swapping is taking a big hit on servers.

frequency

I'd leave all "speed run" groups at the beginning of the Duty.

I'm not letting some jerks ruin the sole reason I play this game so they can save a few minutes. I don't want to play with or contribute anything to the "success" of selfish people like that anyway.

Ken

Our off tank had issues with the for the first 2 tries at the miniboss.
I believe the fix is to make sure your healers aren't overhealing and to avoid regen if possible.

The tank waits where the mini ads spawnas and I believe he starts with a shield throw > provoke.

We haven't had those things chase the healers in the last 3 weeks, so whatever he is doing, he got it under control.

i do flash > circle of scorn > combo and fof plus spirits somewhere in between

i lose aggro on it if we miss high voltage because getting one gcd interrupted is rough

the reason i do flash and circle of scorn first is because im too lazy to target it for the initial pull

Is there a consensus on what slot to replace with Darklight first as a Dragoon? Should I go for a few cheap ones first or save up for the chest piece? I haven't really compared specific items to see which gives the biggest boost (asuming chest piece) compared to AF.
Alternatively I could wait a few AK runs and see what drops I manage to snatch up and start replacing slots that are still AF or crafted accessories.
1) focus on the left side slots over right side. The right side offers no defense improvements and you'll need those for titan

2) my strat is to save up enough tomes for any slot, then focus on bits that don't have AK pieces. I also tend to focus on the most visible piece to maximize perceived value of my gear to others at a quick glance
well the equip on the left side ie helm body gloves belt boots will give vit along with increased def, which is a much bigger boost when progressing content. I don't think any of the dl acc give vit.

I messed up and did acc first because they were cheaper and then realized they really don't help as much as armor does.

The accessories side however normally ends up being the most lacking when you get to 50, with most people still wearing things from the 30s or before. You will also get more upgrades to all the right side stuff from running ak over and over, since the only accessory drop is from one chest that not everyone even hits.

Just saying.

My Prae experience was a little frustrating. At the beginning three or four of us mention it's our first time, etc and everyone is cool about it. At some point, though, the WHM starts raging about how we're putting him to sleep watching the cutscenes and that if we don't hurry up we'll only have one healer, etc.

I tried to keep things calm and encouraging for the others, but it was a bummer to have to put up with that between each story scene. We still were able to watch them, but it wasn't quite the same as if there were no complaints.

The worst part, of course, is that even in his full DL set he was barely even healing anyone. Just wanted those 100 tomes :(

WolvenOne

As long as you know his attack rotations you should be fine, and if you are really worried run with 3 healers.

I'm not sure what kind of defense CDs wars have, but if you can use them/one of them on his table flip attack every time it'll help keep you alive.

The most effective Cool Down defense Warriors have is, Vengeance and Bloodbath, used in conjunction. One turns all your attacks into HP Leaching Attacks, the other puts up an automatic counter to all attacks used against you. The net effect is that 50-80 HP is canceled out on all attacks used against you. It's unfortunately more effective against large mobs than bosses, and the effect doesn't last quite long enough.

There are a few other damage nullifies available to War's, but most aren't all that effective. Either due to short duration, or whatnot. Really, most the time you're better off just using Using Inner Beast intermittently, to restore 800HP or so, and make the healers jobs a bit easier.

I also might note, that as of yet, I haven't found an HM Titan Guide that focuses on Tanking strategy. Most seem to focus on what the DPS need to do, and gloss over the Tanks responsibilities. This kind of makes it difficult to determine how well prepared I am, stat and skill wise.

Ken

The most effective Cool Down defense Warriors have is, Vengeance and Bloodbath, used in conjunction. One turns all your attacks into HP Leaching Attacks, the other puts up an automatic counter to all attacks used against you. The net effect is that 50-80 HP is canceled out on all attacks used against you. It's unfortunately more effective against large mobs than bosses, and the effect doesn't last quite long enough.

There are a few other damage nullifies available to War's, but most aren't all that effective. Either due to short duration, or whatnot. Really, most the time you're better off just using Using Inner Beast intermittently, to restore 800HP or so, and make the healers jobs a bit easier.

I also might note, that as of yet, I haven't found an HM Titan Guide that focuses on Tanking strategy. Most seem to focus on what the DPS need to do, and gloss over the Tanks responsibilities. This kind of makes it difficult to determine how well prepared I am, stat and skill wise.

you stand around and pop some cds on mountain busters

mr.rager

Hey guys I just transferred over to Ultros and was wondering who I contact to get an invite to the GAF FC. In-game name is Gackt Camui.

Lily

Don't know why people are still speed running Prae and CM now that AK and WP got a tome boost.I guess that was Square's aim to cut the speedrunners

Torquill

Had the last two story dungeons ruined for me by asshole speed-runners :(

Castrum was one thing, where they were trying to speed-run it, badly. But missing entire bosses, notably the absolute last one, in Prae was unforgiveable. One dude was new to the story just like me, but buckled under peer pressure like a piece of soggy toilet paper, and skipped cutscenes. Just total dickwads completely taking the wind out of what should be a big build up to the end of the game.

Prae should clearly have been a 4-man dungeon to prevent this kind of shit, or there should be some SPEED-RUNNERS toggle on duty finder so I didn't have to cross paths with these assholes.
Should have done what I did. Make sure to find 2 healers on your side before queueing :)

falastini

I enjoyed playing with you and your brother :3.

It's his wife. And I too will miss them, good luck on the new server.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Don't know why people are still speed running Prae and CM now that AK and WP got a tome boost.I guess that was Square's aim to cut the speedrunners

Yeah it is weird. My experience was before the tome boost, but you would think now it simply becomes something people do for friends/FC-mates to help out, but also get a little something for their effort.

studyguy

The idea that people are getting Cutana+1's strictly for DPS is strange. Straight WD increases are a blessing to our enmity generation above all else.

MechaX

prae's should still be slightly faster for 100 tomes?

Prae can still be fast since it's still all bosses.

After running through CM today just to see what they changed, I don't even think it's worth it. A lot of enemies in the MGS-esque segment are now very easily alerted and they will follow you everywhere. And I swear some Magitech Armor enemies just started spawning out of thin-air. You can still abuse cannon shenanigans, but when considering that WP is easier and maybe just as fast even after the slight buff WP got, I don't even see the point.

Hubb

I take it that's Titans big damage dealing AOE attack. Well War's have a couple CD's that'd take the edge off that somewhat, so long as he doesn't use them too often.

Nah in phase three he sort of does a table flip motion (mountain buster). it does 3.5k-5k damage or somewhere around there. He can pretty much do that and attack normally without pause so it can lend to a lot of damage very quickly.

Pie and Beans

Should have done what I did. Make sure to find 2 healers on your side before queueing :)

Having not really run much 8-man stuff up to that point, as a tank, learning you are completely irrelevant if the off-tank makes an ending of people cheering your name feel a far bit fraudulent and soured. Up to that point it was "be nice to the tank", but at endgame like 80% of the servers population seem total jackwads.

studyguy

Even more strange since our DPS is shit anyway!

Who cares about more DPS when it will be still shit?

Excactly.
We do wet noodle damage anyway. At least maximize it early so that wet noodle damage scales even higher as you get better gear. WD efficiency scales up as your primary damage stats increase. Everyone will outgear you unless you're super lucky most times, so might as well stay on top of them. Anyway you can make it to twin in DL anyhow.

WolvenOne

Nah in phase three he sort of does a table flip motion (mountain buster). it does 3.5k-5k damage or somewhere around there. He can pretty much do that and attack normally without pause so it can lend to a lot of damage very quickly.

Mmm, well I'd think keeping Inner Beast up and ready to go would be more effective than popping a CD, for that sort of thing. Most of War's defensive CD's are built around the idea of taking on large mobs, not singular bosses with huge one hit painmaker attacks.

I mean, for example, one CD reduces the frequency of Critical Attacks. That's great when you're being attacked by six enemies that each only deal moderate damage, no so much on bosses.

Still, should be something I can survive, so long as I'm on the ball.

studyguy

I would never put +1 relic above ilvl 90 armor as a tank

It really doesn't matter to be honest. In the time it takes to build one piece of i90 myth, you'll have run BC a few times anyhow and the droprate is on our side for tanks through the easiest of the encounters... Twin is another monster all together as far as the type of damage it deals.

Mandoric

Banned
I wish WP gave you something for killing the adventurers before they slaughtered the poor tonberry at the beginning.

Well, something other than death to three tonberries and an early Stalker spawn.

Are there any good database sites? I need a full recipe list for every craft, preferably in a compact table format that doesn't require me to click 500+ links to see the details of the recipe (like durability, difficulty, etc). My highest craft is only 20, so I can't get the info from in game either.

pitbull

Banned
Are there any good database sites? I need a full recipe list for every craft, preferably in a compact table format that doesn't require me to click 500+ links to see the details of the recipe (like durability, difficulty, etc). My highest craft is only 20, so I can't get the info from in game either.

ffxivdb is a good one i think? not sure if its a format you can use or not

ffxivdb is a good one i think? not sure if its a format you can use or not

It doesn't have all of the parameters (exact quality, durability, difficulty values, etc). In fact I've searched a bunch of different sites, and I can't find any that even contain that information at all. That's going to be pretty damn inconvenient for me :(

Amon-Lau

It's a shame Anime Bodypillow isn't around; I think he'd really like this new guy.

suAZKDY.png

Also, are transfers to Ultros closed?
Ugh I did that run with him, what a huge mistake that was...

I pretty much vowed never to run with him again...

Princepeach

Neo Member
I'd leave all "speed run" groups at the beginning of the Duty.

I'm not letting some jerks ruin the sole reason I play this game so they can save a few minutes. I don't want to play with or contribute anything to the "success" of selfish people like that anyway.

Prae has a serious problem with this. I know I'm not the first to quasi-"defend" speedrunners, but the fact of the matter is that Prae is wayyyy longer with cutscenes included. I know this because my early runs were full of speedrunning dbags, and lately I have become on of those who accompanies new 50s on CS runs, and the time difference is like night and day.

With CM, there's really no reason to rush cutscenes as they're so short, and often even a DF party will be willing to wait on new players. But with Prae, there is no amount of "play nice, guys" that is going to keep people from flooding Duty Finder demanding speedruns. And the current "countermeasures" of fresh 50s dropping parties or watching CS while everyone runs ahead only hurts the new players. And saying group X or Y should just not use DF at all is wishful thinking at best.

A toggle for CS/no-CS runs of dungeons is going to be the only solution in the long run. I'm honestly shocked it wasn't in the hotfix.

frequency

Prae has a serious problem with this. I know I'm not the first to quasi-"defend" speedrunners, but the fact of the matter is that Prae is wayyyy longer with cutscenes included. I know this because my early runs were full of speedrunning dbags, and lately I have become on of those who accompanies new 50s on CS runs, and the time difference is like night and day.

With CM, there's really no reason to rush cutscenes as they're so short, and often even a DF party will be willing to wait on new players. But with Prae, there is no amount of "play nice, guys" that is going to keep people from flooding Duty Finder demanding speedruns. And the current "countermeasures" of fresh 50s dropping parties or watching CS while everyone runs ahead only hurts the new players. And saying group X or Y should just not use DF at all is wishful thinking at best.

A toggle for CS/no-CS runs of dungeons is going to be the only solution in the long run. I'm honestly shocked it wasn't in the hotfix.

I'll drop until I find reasonable people to play with. Putting up with inconsiderate jerks that would ruin the main reason I play the game at all hurts me more than waiting in queue again.

I'm not sure why it's wishful thinking to expect people to think about others. It's not a rampant problem on the JP side of things as it is in NA/EU.

A toggle would be nice indeed. But I'm very disappointed in the community that we need it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom