• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torquill

So I'm thinking of quitting the game. The team that I ran CoB with suddenly decided to transfer to another server on the last day when they said they were seemed pretty sure on staying. It's not a good idea for me to transfer because I'd be essentially losing a huge portion of the gil I've earned so far (yeah I'm a rich crafter) and for... I don't know what. I've already cleared CoB Turn 4 and it doesn't seem like things will pick up any time soon.The english speaking player base has also pretty much left the server too en masse (I'm in Asia and on a Japan server). I was pretty much supplying all consumables for the team too man. I'm just feeling bitter now and I don't feel like starting over.
Do some research and put your Gil in items that will transfer that you can then liquidate.

Question: Before I click the transfer button, I have a legacy character on Excalibur and I want to transfer my new character over there, thing is he has the same name, do I get an option to rename either character or does the system deletes the older one?.

The character being transferred has to be renamed. You should delete the old character on Excalibur first before you transfer the new one.

Fina1e

Just need Titan for my relic. Did ifrit through DF and that went fine then did Garuda through a group formed at revenants toll. Anyone know how geared I need to be for Titan? Right now I'm full AF with ifrit wep, DL belt and wrists, 50 greens everywhere else.

Edit: I'm a BLM

7/9 Darklight with Garuda Wep is what I had when I cleared it on my BLM. I would at least get lvl 60 gear from AK to even begin trying, going in AF doesn't cut it.

Went from looking hideous (lvl49):

ffxiv_10172013_1502585bxvl.png

to awesome looking in just a few hours:

:)

Taruranto

What can't Titan do?

So, SMN....

1) My rotation is Spur>Raging Stike>Bio II>Bio>Miasma>Fester>Bane (with trash)>Thunder>Contagion
2) Should I use Spur and Rouse together?
3) Does Enkindle have any use?
4) Should I try to have my dots on all mobs or only the main one and hope Bane gets the rest?

Mandoric

Banned
Just need Titan for my relic. Did ifrit through DF and that went fine then did Garuda through a group formed at revenants toll. Anyone know how geared I need to be for Titan? Right now I'm full AF with ifrit wep, DL belt and wrists, 50 greens everywhere else.

That's roughly where I was when I did Titan, and while I was the tail end of a more-geared team I still managed to keep up with baseline DPS expectations.

Ken

oh neat guess i wont have to level my bard

also hope they speed up drg jumps' "animation" a bit so it fits into gcd

Taruranto

I wonder how BRD nerf will be.

I mean, DMG aside, I feel like a lot of the BRD utility comes from the fact it's the only job who can silence without too much problems and replenish HP/MP. Even if you nerd their DMG I doubt it will stop ppl from wanting 2 BRD for Coil.

Mileena

Banned
I wonder how BRD nerf will be.

I mean, DMG aside, I feel like a lot of the BRD utility comes from the fact it's the only job who can silence without too much problems and replenish HP/MP. Even if you nerd their DMG I doubt it will stop ppl from wanting 2 BRD for Coil.

MNK/BRD will be better for Coil depending on how the nerf/melee buff is.

Kenai

Keep getting DL and stuff until you have 3200-3300ish hp without party/food buffs, otherwise your HP might be too low to handle post-heart unavoidable AoE. Getting a Garuda weapon might have a noticeable effect on your damage as well if you get lucky with it.

Teknoman

AF2 for warrior looks like traditional barbarian armor. not so hot at first glance, but maybe i'll like it in the game more. allagan2 tanking on the other hand is hot.

the new monk armor is best. looks like classic ff with hints of amano left in it. delicious.

YES.

Bard seems that way too.

Cmagus

Keep getting DL and stuff until you have 3200-3300ish hp without party/food buffs, otherwise your HP might be too low to handle post-heart unavoidable AoE. Getting a Garuda weapon might have a noticeable effect on your damage as well if you get lucky with it.

Pretty much and as blm you should be aiming for the DL body right away it's a huge stat boost especially in int.

Awntawn

Here is what I've been doing.

From start: (Quelling Strikes) Straight Shot > Bloodletter > Wind Bite > (if Bloodletter procs, then Bloodletter) > Venomous Bite > Heavyshot/Bloodletter when proc as filler. Back to straight shot when needed or straighter shot procs. Of course Bloodletter/Mercy's End when you can.

CDs: I pop barrage when its up and generally use one at a time as I figured using having one up all of the time is better than firing off everything and not having anything for a big chunk of time (unless big bursty type dmg is needed at some point). Perhaps I'm wrong on that front.

Songs: I'm still getting the hang of it but 95% of the time, I've had mage's ballad called for (as I haven't partied with many smn/blm).
Do you have Inner Focus and Eye for an Eye? Really important DPS cooldowns for BRD. Also need to make sure you're using your Raging Strikes and Hawk's Eye.

SRTtoZ

That's roughly where I was when I did Titan, and while I was the tail end of a more-geared team I still managed to keep up with baseline DPS expectations.

Well I downed HM Titan anyway lol, I went with 3000hp and died at the very end but we still pulled through. DPS was never an issue with me since ive done AK with full darklight/relic people who I out dps'd (according to parses). So glad thats over though, now I need to grind the 900 tomes for the oil and its relic time.

Abylim

Nerfs suck, heres hoping its not extreme. But hoenstly, I love my brd. Unless they change how it plays, I'll probably be a bard until they introduce ranger, or something.
If its extreme, then I'll goto my second passion, Dragoon <3

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Do you have Inner Focus and Eye for an Eye? Really important DPS cooldowns for BRD. Also need to make sure you're using your Raging Strikes and Hawk's Eye.

Of course. Raging Strikes, Blood for Blood, Internal Release, the DEX/ACC one (Something Eye, forgot the name). Invigorate as well. Only thing I don't have is Mantra. I usually try to keep at least one of these up all the time and there's only a few moments when all of them are on cooldown. So, almost every time I reapply a DoT, it's also buffed.

Awntawn

Of course. Raging Strikes, Blood for Blood, Internal Release, the DEX/ACC one (Something Eye, forgot the name). Invigorate as well. Only thing I don't have is Mantra. I usually try to keep at least one of these up all the time and there's only a few moments when all of them are on cooldown. So, almost every time I reapply a DoT, it's also buffed.
I think it's better to stack your cooldowns than to spread them out, since the effects stack on each other (for example barrage buffed with eye for an eye and raging strikes does more damage than barrage on its own). obviously the tricky part is dealing with the animation locks in this game so the cooldowns don't slow down the rotation.

what I do is quelling > raging > straight + bloodletter > inner focus > dot1 > hawk eye > dot2 > then e4e and barrage with the next couple heavy shots, throw in flaming arrow when you can since it's off GCD. haven't done the math so it's probably not the most efficient order, but the idea is you get everything on cooldown as soon as possible without interrupting your rotation.

obviously fights where burning certain phases are more important than overall damage change things up a bit, in those cases it's the same deal just not at the opener. you want everything up to be able to pop at the start of the burn phase

falastini

Warrior buffs!

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't the FFXI team. I'll have to wait a few months for them, but at least we know they're on the way. I guess I can spend my myth tomes without worry.

Maybe all the apologetic warriors on the official forums will shut up now.

So PLDs were stronger than they thought, and more people were clearing Coil than they anticipated. That's what I figured. It's nice that they're not buffing the content, but instead getting warriors up to par.

My suggestions:

Storms Path - Buff the healing portion significantly
Holmgang - change so it pulls the mob to you, then reduce the bind portion a bit
Steel Cyclone - rename Raging Cyclone
:D
, have it use up wrath stacks like combo points instead of clearing the whole stack (the more stacks you use the higher the damage/buffs...like rogue combo points)
Inner Beast - same mechanic like the new Cyclone... but overheals now turn into shields (like sch)
Bloodbath - boost to make it a decent CD
Vengeance - add % mitigation to make it a def CD
Wrath stacks - remove the % healing from the stacks and bake it into Defiance stance

Bam, I fixed warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom