• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off the various discussions of War buffs... I think the best way to buff war would be to emphasize its unique flavour over Pld.

25%HP, 20% healing bonus as std passive. Slightly inferior to pld's 20% dmg reduction.

Change the stacks from healing bonus to parry bonus. At full stacks, you get parry equivalent to a shield. And burning it will give you a dmg debuff on mob.

Cool down skills should be centered around self healing - increase HP, regen.

And give them enhanced provoke - locked threat for 5 seconds.

That way war and pld become complimentary tanks - one is damage mitigation, one is health spiking.

The reason PLD is so broken is because all their skills are based on reduction of % incoming damage. So the PLD will basically do nothing and yet get stronger as the enemies get stronger, even if his gear does not change.

To make WAR on par with PLD, their skills need to be revised to also be based on % damage incoming. Anything which centers around a fixed value like weapon damage or defense rating willl be perpetually inferior to PLD.

Squenix really did not play-test anything at endgame at all to not realize that having one tank scale upwards perpetually without a cap based on damage taken while the other has a fixed value would be incredibly imbalanced.

SRTtoZ

I beat chimera today on my first try and with other players that needed to defeat him for the relic quest. We defeated him in less than 5 minutes, laughing at how easy it was and thinking there was going to be another phase after the battle or something. I hear people talk about how difficult he is so I left the duty very confused. We had one tank and the rest were all DPS, so we literally just stood right where the duty placed us and let the tank do his work. The Chimera didn't even get to cast his large thunder AoE...

Its not a hard fight at all, the issue is when people dont stun or silence him, because that wipes the raid. If the tank is doing his stuns and bard silence then its just avoid the AOE's and dps him down.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Finally! If anyone in the FC ever needs a meld or craft feel free to send me a tell if I'm on. The best thing about this? Finally being able to throw away all the leveling gear and have armoury space again.

RRtzsaj.png

Zaptruder

Banned
The reason PLD is so broken is because all their skills are based on reduction of % incoming damage. So the PLD will basically do nothing and yet get stronger as the enemies get stronger, even if his gear does not change.

To make WAR on par with PLD, their skills need to be revised to also be based on % damage incoming. Anything which centers around a fixed value like weapon damage or defense rating willl be perpetually inferior to PLD.

Squenix really did not play-test anything at endgame at all to not realize that having one tank scale upwards perpetually without a cap based on damage taken while the other has a fixed value would be incredibly imbalanced.

This isn't necessarily true at all - it's utterly dependent on how they balance the numbers.

The philosophy of differentiation isn't necessarily incorrect - but they do need to work better to tweak the numbers so that these classes are on par at end game with their specific takes on tanking.

So if War's skills scaled with ilvl/vit/etc, it could serve as a counterpoint to Pld skill set.

e.g. healing cool down skill = vit% + vit*X. Or healing regen cool down skill = vit% + vit*X.

Or a stone skin style CD based off vitality.

dramatis

Finally! If anyone in the FC ever needs a meld or craft feel free to send me a tell if I'm on. The best thing about this? Finally being able to throw away all the leveling gear and have armoury space again.

RRtzsaj.png
Congrats!

Any idea what you're going to do next?

except shield oath is 20% damage reduction which effectively the same thing but 5% better and on all the time

?

I wasn't trying to directly compare the skills, I was only bringing it up because he didn't bring it up while he was going down the list of CDs that Paladin had vs. what Warrior had, and I felt that deserved a worthy mention.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I'm about to reach the 2,000 limit for Phil tomes and I'm not hurting for money so should I just get DL summoner gear for when I reach 50?

What pieces should I get first?

Darksol

In case anyone is following my Synthesis Solver, I just made a major algorithmic breakthrough. I've found an optimization that not only gives me a 3.5x higher rate of states analyzed / second, but it also only needs to examine 6% as many nodes at the same analysis depth.

Put into simple terms, I can now solve the same initial state in 4% (that's 25x faster!) of the time it took before. Oh, and it uses almost no memory at all.

To make things even better, the analysis quality is actually significantly better as this algorithmic re-design turned up a bunch of serious bugs in the old method. Overall, this means there should be 0 performance concerns going forward about whether or not it will be able to scale to more abilities. I expect to be able to support every ability, at practically full analysis depth, and analysis time should also be very fast.

I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements :)

RRtzsaj.png

That is quite an achievement. Congratulations!

Seems I'm kicked out of the LS / FC :(

It was nothing personal, Raxious. There were a lot of people that didn't subscribe and we were culling inactive members with 14-21 days of inactivity to make room for players waiting to join the FC. All you need to do is send a /tell to one of the officers listed in the OP and we can add you back.

We have relaxed our culling policy to 30 days or more, but if you plan on not playing for while, there is a thread in the FC forum where you can post a leave of absence.

elohel

I thought I had joined a grand company or whatever....but the leve quests aren't showing up, or the guy says "you need a certificate" or something

GorillaJu

lol, according to Yoshi, tank weren't suppose to live past 3 stacks in BC T2.

Yeah, this is definitely where the disconnect was with the developers saying that internally, they play with Warriors as tanks and consider them more powerful. I'm sure the people that are designing these encounters have a tendency to stick with the way they're meant to be played and don't realize that players have found ways to deal with it that are more efficient or simple from our perspective.

I mean it's definitely "risky" and feels like the wrong way to do it to just abuse PLD's survivability and let stacks build, but feeding Caduceus with slimes is such a huge pain in the ass.

Ultrabum

what are THE monk rotations to know?

the ones that give sick max dps worthy of call of duty guitar riff

Don't drop greased lightning. Keep your twin snakes and dragon kick up. Always use the flank / rear bonus that gives extra dmg (especially snap punch and boot shine). Keep demolish, touch of death, fracture up, and always apply these 3 dots with blood for blood and internal release on if possible. Use steel peak off cd unless the fight needs stunning, use howeling fist off cd unless you need to save for an aoe phase(garuda HM). Whatever you do, don't drop the stacks!

Caj814

Unfortunately the attempt on Hydra yesterday with 2 FC members + random pick ups didnt go smoothly at all and disbanded after multiple fails. I wanted to try again today so I can move on to clearing HM primals which I have been putting on hold until my Relic quest lined up with it.

Jayhawk

RRtzsaj.png

Congrats! That's my goal too. All my craft classes right now are between 35 and 37.

Aeana

In case anyone is following my Synthesis Solver, I just made a major algorithmic breakthrough. I've found an optimization that not only gives me a 3.5x higher rate of states analyzed / second, but it also only needs to examine 6% as many nodes at the same analysis depth.

Put into simple terms, I can now solve the same initial state in 4% (that's 25x faster!) of the time it took before. Oh, and it uses almost no memory at all.

To make things even better, the analysis quality is actually significantly better as this algorithmic re-design turned up a bunch of serious bugs in the old method. Overall, this means there should be 0 performance concerns going forward about whether or not it will be able to scale to more abilities. I expect to be able to support every ability, at practically full analysis depth, and analysis time should also be very fast.
That's good to hear, because I tried the alpha and it took over a minute to solve with the default settings.
EDIT: Tried the new one, solved in 4.36 seconds. Excellent job.

EDIT2: It crashed when I selected normal under the failure section.

Khatoz

RRtzsaj.png

Congrats! Did you beat Jade and the others?

Caelestis

Got a few questions, I want to make two of my crafter classes to be able to do ** items. Do I meld IV materia on to their gear or will III be enough? What's the most optimal way to make it work? Also any way to make IV crafting materia atm besides the cracked materia from 1.0?

Cetra

Is the NeoBelieve LS still active on Sargatanas? I wouldn't mind joining if possible. Character's name is Ali Winchester.

Lain

Unfortunately the attempt on Hydra yesterday with 2 FC members + random pick ups didnt go smoothly at all and disbanded after multiple fails. I wanted to try again today so I can move on to clearing HM primals which I have been putting on hold until my Relic quest lined up with it.

If I'm on and doing nothing, I'm always up to help.

Turn 5 is supposed to be unbeatable, they have said as much.

Nope. They said the exact opposite like 2 days ago on the forums:

Next, there have been a lot of comments about how surviving Twintania's "Twister" ability is seemingly random. Please know that it is not random and that the development team has adjusted the difficulty of this battle to be of the highest level that is in the game currently. With that said though, it was still designed to be beaten. While we definitely cannot comment on strategy, we believe that a valiant group will be able to defeat Twintania.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...t-Discussion?p=1449843&viewfull=1#post1449843

That's good to hear, because I tried the alpha and it took over a minute to solve with the default settings.
EDIT: Tried the new one, solved in 4.36 seconds. Excellent job.

EDIT2: It crashed when I selected normal under the failure section.

Well I knew it was too good to be true. I had a bug. It's still much faster than it used to be, but also much slower than what I thought the optimization had done. I still have more ideas for improving the speed, but I guess in the end it will still be necessary to either control the depth limit or exclude abilities that you know are worthless (like Observe, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom