• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Don't drop greased lightning. Keep your twin snakes and dragon kick up. Always use the flank / rear bonus that gives extra dmg (especially snap punch and boot shine). Keep demolish, touch of death, fracture up, and always apply these 3 dots with blood for blood and internal release on if possible. Use steel peak off cd unless the fight needs stunning, use howeling fist off cd unless you need to save for an aoe phase(garuda HM). Whatever you do, don't drop the stacks!

Do you wait to use dots until after greased lightning 3?

falastini

Anybody get the parsing app working correctly? I only tried it a few times, and it doesn't seem to be working. Some members always seem to be missing and I'll show as the highest dps while tanking on my WAR (I know I'm awesome, but that's not right). I'm not sure what the issue is.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So yeah I might be done. Never deflated as hard as this in terms of fun, going from finishing the game for the first time, to starting my relic quest. I have no gil, and the materias I need are literally 334000G on the marketplace. Plus I have no capacity to meld any of that.

It's a literal brickwall I didn't expect, and all my fun is basically gone at this point. Goddamn SE. This is soulcrushing stuff. I literally feel like there's nothing I can do.

Sorian

Banned
Is there any chance I can get an invite to the ultros guild? I was unaware that there were free transfers going on and I just took advantage.

Edit: I'm checking GAF but if I miss anything I'm on right now and character name is "Asami Jinkuen"

Mandoric

Banned
So yeah I might be done. Never deflated as hard as this in terms of fun, going from finishing the game for the first time, to starting my relic quest. I have no gil, and the materias I need are literally 334000G on the marketplace. Plus I have no capacity to meld any of that.

It's a literal brickwall I didn't expect, and all my fun is basically gone at this point. Goddamn SE. This is soulcrushing stuff. I literally feel like there's nothing I can do.

You need tier 3, not 4. After that, just take it to the relevant guild and ask people in fancy-looking outfits.

Lain

I'd suggest to start a gathering job to sell materials on the market board to make some gil, while trying to get some convertible piece of equipment from earlier dungeons to try and turn into the materia you need (and sell the materia you get that you don't need) all the while doing some of the end dungeons to get the tomes to turn into materials to sell on the market boards or equipment.
Also, you can always get someone else to meld materia for you.

RK9039

Why did this happen?

idWrE9e84Hf2f.jpg

Alucrid

Banned

Run Aurum Vale. Get 47 gear, spiritbind it, get materia.

Taruranto

Done Ifrit-Garuda-Titan for my SMN Relic.

I shamesly leeched Titan by asking friends, but fuck it, I don't have it in me too farm 2k tomes for DL AGAIN.

A couple times we got past heart, but it depended entirely on whether the second stoned character was a Healer or a DPS. If it was a healer, we ignored it and were able to juuuust make Heart. If it was a DPS though, we'd almost invariably come up just a little short.

Like I said, it was the borderline. Had I been swapped out for a dedicated DPS with a Garuda or higher weapon, they would've had it easily. Had the DPS's with Ifrit weapons instead had Garuda weapons, they would've had it.

But, we just couldn't regularly get past Heart with that set-up, which meant the times we did get past it we weren't well prepared.

Ask one of the healers to DPS. I always DPS on my SCH during heart since it only requires to heal once (stomps) and WHM + Buffed EOS should easily accomplish that. (even then you can easily Lustrate in cleric stance)

Once you get past the heart isn't it much about DPS (Granted, more DPS means he dies faster) as a resistance test. Even if one DPS falls and one keep dyeing you should be able to finish the fight, provide the healers can dodge and heal the stomps.

So, hey.

I'm doing my relic quest now. I bought an HQ Wildling Cesti when I was 50, knowing I would need one for the quest. I didn't think I'd have my leatherworking to 50 by then (and I was right!), so I just got one from the AH. Can I use the HQ one for the quest? Do I have to put a third Materia into it, or will just the two be okay?

Also, if you'll allow me to whine for a moment, damn you, Ifrit. Two DPS grimoires in two kills? Weak.

Alucrid

Banned
So, hey.

I'm doing my relic quest now. I bought an HQ Wildling Cesti when I was 50, knowing I would need one for the quest. I didn't think I'd have my leatherworking to 50 by then (and I was right!), so I just got one from the AH. Can I use the HQ one for the quest? Do I have to put a third Materia into it, or will just the two be okay?

Also, if you'll allow me to whine for a moment, damn you, Ifrit. Two DPS grimoires in two kills? Weak.

HQ is fine, two materia is all that's needed.

Aeana

I don't enjoy DPSing at all, but I feel like I should at least gear up SMN so that I can help people who need a DPS rather than a healer. It's just sitting there unused. (._. )

Sorian

Banned
Is there any chance I can get an invite to the ultros guild? I was unaware that there were free transfers going on and I just took advantage.

Edit: I'm checking GAF but if I miss anything I'm on right now and character name is "Asami Jinkuen"

Anyone at all? Gonna be logging soon.

Aeana

Anyone at all? Gonna be logging soon.

I'm not online so I'm not sure, but check if Maple Cookie, Strawberry Shortcake or Safflower Amariyo are on. just do like /sea forename "Maple" or "Strawberry" or "Safflower" to check. Send one of them a tell.

Wait, what? 334,000 Gil? Are you a new character on a Legacy server or something?

Taruranto

I don't understand why they repositioned CM guards, it was fun trying to not agro them. It's not like ppl were sack-pulling the whole dungeon, trying to avoid agro by sight it's one of the oldest games in mmorpg.

Mandoric

Banned
Wait, what? 334,000 Gil? Are you a new character on a Legacy server or something?

Materia seems to be cheaper on legacy servers, I helped out an incoming transfer from a new server plan a move to Sarg yesterday and the only thing notably higher was Philo mats.

334k sounds right-ish for the most expensive T4s on a new server, but it's T3 he needs for relic.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Spent over 5 hours on coil turn 2 earlier with no kill... it wouldn't be so bad if respawning didn't take you all the way back to the start of the stage -_-. Whoever designed this area is too cruel.

Ken

Spent over 5 hours on coil turn 2 earlier with no kill... it wouldn't be so bad if respawning didn't take you all the way back to the start of the stage -_-. Whoever designed this area is too cruel.

at least it doesn't take forever to get to ads

Sblargh

Banned
That chart makes so much sense, there are a ton of WHM around. Guess that explains why the queues get so long for them after awhile.

It's good to queue as SCH and be almost like a rule the other healer will be a WHM. I mean, I had good sessions with double SCH, but SCH + WHM is the optimal thing, so, yeah, it's good that it's almost always the case.

Zaptruder

Banned

otoh, if you alternate the paths, you get good practice on all of the bosses attacks.

Hey guys - I need some advice.

Is mining worth it? Like I mean pursuing a high level mining - currently I'm level 18, and just really not digging FFXIV's material gathering mechanics (prefer something like WoW).

Ultimately I want to main as a Warrior/Lancer, with Blacksmithing and Mining as my DoH/DoL.

DJIzana

Is mining worth it? Like I mean pursuing a high level mining - currently I'm level 18, and just really not digging FFXIV's material gathering mechanics (prefer something like WoW).

Ultimately I want to main as a Warrior/Lancer, with Blacksmithing and Mining as my DoH/DoL.

I personally don't like crafting classes so that's why I'm glad the FC steps in there with people that prefer that kind of thing. There seems to be a lot of people that help out. Maple Cookie especially, helped me socket materia into the blade in needed for the relic quest so... yah.

Mandoric

Banned

If you want to be self-sufficient, or think that you'll be able to press button on l50 node and suddenly be rich, you'll be sorely disappointed. If you want to be able to wake up, look at the AH every morning, and be able to guarantee yourself 40k or 50k for 30 or 60 minutes of zero-risk hammering, you'll love it.

It's also a net cash gain rather than sink while leveling, unlike everything else in game but your first combat job.

So I just found out you can switch between Eorzea, real time, and server time by clicking on the time.

But how do you do that on PS3?

Press Start(Don't have to) to see the direction in Main Menu. I can't remember the button combination, but once done, just drag the pointer to the timer and use L1 to change time(I think its L1).

It's good to queue as SCH and be almost like a rule the other healer will be a WHM. I mean, I had good sessions with double SCH, but SCH + WHM is the optimal thing, so, yeah, it's good that it's almost always the case.

Parties are so much easier when I have a SCH as a second healer, they work so well in tandem.

tearsofash

I got frustrated and left for a while. When I first got the game Ultros was full, but now I've switched over. Maybe now I can finally get a party to start Sastanas.

Ultrabum

Do you wait to use dots until after greased lightning 3?

Sorry for late reply. No I use demolish when I have zero stacks then I dragon kick twin snakes snap punch X2. Then internal release, blood for blood, then demolish fracture touch of death.

I don't actually know if this is the best way to start though. But that's what I do.

So for the level 50 mining quest I have to get 3 darksteel ores. Which I have to wait till 1 am Eorzea time and it's 9:18 am now. Since I don't really wanna buy it off the Market I'll just wait.

Mupod

slid into 50 armorer with 4 ice shards and 56 gil left to my name. Gonna let my leves pile up before I mess with miner again, but armorer has always been my primary crafting goal so it's nice to have that out of the way now.

tomorrow will be WP speed runs galore so I can upgrade my shield. I'll start piling up the crafting mats for when I can make myself some nice pants, but between the materia and the crafting gear I'll need I don't see myself being able to make them anytime soon. It's a personal goal though, and it'll be nice when I finally do it.

KeRaSh

I'm still very new to AK but my stupidity still pisses me off sometimes.
When the PT has a LB available for the left bee during Demon Wall everything goes smooth.
This changes when I join a group in progress without a LB at our disposal.
Dodging the DW's purple goo and avoiding the fly AOEs is enough of a distraction to completely let me forget about Repel. :(
I hope a little more practive does the trick but it still pisses me off. I'm better than that. I know it!

Still have to do The Sunken Temple of Quarn for the GC hunting log and kill Hydra for my Relic.
Haven't been lucky with AK drops so far. Only got a belt so far.

Hey you Monks out there. Should I worry about any of the MRD skills for xclass? I read a guide and it recommends Fracture, Mercy Stroke, and Blood Bath but the only one I see being any sort of use is /maybe/ Mercy Stroke. I already have 2 DoTs in touch of death and demolish and those are hard enough to keep up in the rotation, I couldn't imagine trying a 3rd. And blood bath, as a mnk in a terrible tank anyway so what use it is, I have second wind if I take AoE damage.

Fracture is definitely something you want. you may say its hard to manage them but once you get alot more experience you'll see it's not hard at all. once at full stacks, you should be at around 2 seconds recast, which gives you enough time to pop both touch of death and fracture before you reset stacks.

mercy stroke is bleh. Haven't gotten it yet, but seeing as it's a 200 (?) execute phase attack it doesn't seem that useful. MAYBE you can weave it in once with all dots up but idk I haven't tried it

blood bath is very good as another self heal just in case you're in trouble again without second wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom