• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see that post. But wasn't there another post that said you are supposed to have crystal tower gear to be able to beat coil?

Well, Crystal Tower was supposed to be the gap between Titan HM and Coils, but it didn't make it in for launch. So technically what you said is true. However, gear only matters so much. It's more about skill than "requiring ilvl80 gear" to beat coils. T1-4 is easily beaten in DL if you know what you are doing. The biggest problem with T5 is the Twister mechanic which people deemed bugged (or blamed lag). It instantly kills you (almost like a Death spell, so no amount of +VIT gear will save you. You don't even take damage from it, you just die.) I'm not certain myself - I think there is some hidden mechanic people aren't doing right, but I'm not sure.

Ultrabum

Well, Crystal Tower was supposed to be the gap between Titan HM and Coils, but it didn't make it in for launch. So technically what you said is true. However, gear only matters so much. It's more about skill than "requiring ilvl80 gear" to beat coils. T1-4 is easily beaten in DL if you know what you are doing. The biggest problem with T5 is the Twister mechanic which people deemed bugged (or blamed lag). It instantly kills you (almost like a Death spell, so no amount of +VIT gear will save you. You don't even take damage from it, you just die.) I'm not certain myself - I think there is some hidden mechanic people aren't doing right, but I'm not sure.

I'm mobile right now but yes I think all of this is true.

What I'm talking about is when in think yoshp said less than 100 people will beat coil before they nerf it. I'll try and find the quote when I get home.

I'm mobile right now but yes I think all of this is true.

What I'm talking about is when in think yoshp said less than 100 people will beat coil before they nerf it. I'll try and find the quote when I get home.

Oh yeah, I watched that interview where he said that. It would help if they would fix Turn 5 and bring it up so people can keep trying. >.> Pretty crazy no one has beat it legit yet though.

dramatis

I don't like races, especially when we are all part of the same group, only 1 person would be the first and I bowed out... I probably would have lost, I don't have the gil reserves.
I know your name is Jade (right??) but green leather looks really odd when I see you around

Alucrid

Banned
I don't like races, especially when we are all part of the same group, only 1 person would be the first and I bowed out... I probably would have lost, I don't have the gil reserves.

Don't worry, Yennaiv is right there with you wallowing in your failures!

WolvenOne

Well, my two cents.

A PLD nerf wouldn't be bad, if, it was fairly subtle.

I'd ideally like most the balancing to come via buffing WAR, say, 85% War buff, 15% PLD nerf.

Taruranto

wFfCiL9.jpg

":.."

Naar

So I just found out you can switch between Eorzea, real time, and server time by clicking on the time.

But how do you do that on PS3?

Sblargh

Banned
Vahl'freh here!
After weeks and heartbreak and promises to walk away from the game. NeoGAF FC carried me through Titan.
Really carried, I died during heart phase, and they carried it through with one healer.

You, sirs, are amongs gods!

After that, we did it a second time to help another fellow and I actually survived it all. Fight is so easier without the pressure

Ultrabum

Vahl'freh here!
After weeks and heartbreak and promises to walk away from the game. NeoGAF FC carried me through Titan.
Really carried, I died during heart phase, and they carried it through with one healer.

After that, we did it a second time to help another fellow and I actually survived it all. Fight is so easier without the pressure

The Titan fight is a lot easier without pressure. While I loved that music, it totally is distracting. Easy fight if you turn the music down >_>

Lain

Vahl'freh here!

Grats!
I need to try and get into a Titan HM run myself, even if only to learn the fight.

Alucrid

Banned
I feel bad for my Dragoon. I use it mondays for coil, then never again for the rest of the week. It's either Bard for WP or Monk for practice and to put some Allagan loot to use.

gatti-man

Vahl'freh here!

My group that won did it with 7 too. It's so easy once you memorize patterns. If I had a good FC I'm sure I wouldn't have been stuck on it for weeks just like you. Titan HM is still the best fight in the game for me so far, love it.

Teknoman

Yep.

That Monk AF2 is like they took all the stuff I wanted them to do with it and fucked it up.

- Sash and poofy pants? Yeah...with stupid bellbottoms at the end.
- Simple white top like Sabin? Sure...only it's a man bra.
- Nice looking boots to go with the poofy pants? Nope, we added stupid bellbottoms as mentioned before and put samurai clogs on instead.

Dammit. :(

Well...at least its not like the Colosseum stuff. I can work with it since it seems kinda like a Sabin / Yang cross. Dunno whats with the shoes.

aceface

So I just found out you can switch between Eorzea, real time, and server time by clicking on the time.

But how do you do that on PS3?

You have to switch it into mouse and keyboard mode (L1 + R3 turns it on I think but don't quote me on that), then click on the clock.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
All I have left to do for the story, is Praetorium, but man that sounds like a massive difficulty jump. I've been putting it off for the past two days.

studyguy

All I have left to do for the story, is Praetorium, but man that sounds like a massive difficulty jump. I've been putting it off for the past two days.

Prae isn't hard at all.
Do however run it with a group that lets you watch the cutscenes.
It's pretty fantastic.

aceface

Leolin could help you do a story run tonight if you still need it. Just send her a tell if she's on.

That's good to hear, because I tried the alpha and it took over a minute to solve with the default settings.
EDIT: Tried the new one, solved in 4.36 seconds. Excellent job.

EDIT2: It crashed when I selected normal under the failure section.

i fixed that and pushed again. It was because failure is actually not possible with Great Strides (I assume you were seeing Great Strides as the recommended action). In an earlier post I mentioned that a bug caused me to undo the major optimization, but I actually put it back in *with* the bug. The reason is that the different in analysis quality between with / without the bug is very minimal, but the speed decreases fairly substantially. With the current fast version, you can increase the analysis depth practically up to the max with a minimal impact on speed, which more than makes up for the fact that it's only "almost" optimal rather than actually optimal.

My next task will be to add UI to allow people to choose what abilities they want the analyzer to consider. After this I'll probably make a beta release, since at that point it should actually be useful for general purposes. Hopefully I can get this out within a few days.

Ken

Don't drop greased lightning. Keep your twin snakes and dragon kick up. Always use the flank / rear bonus that gives extra dmg (especially snap punch and boot shine). Keep demolish, touch of death, fracture up, and always apply these 3 dots with blood for blood and internal release on if possible. Use steel peak off cd unless the fight needs stunning, use howeling fist off cd unless you need to save for an aoe phase(garuda HM). Whatever you do, don't drop the stacks!

what are your thoughts on impulse drive?

WolvenOne

Well, today so far has been a bit, disheartening. XD

Joined a neogaf Titan group, but was stuck Dpsing as a War. This wouldn't have been an issue, except that the DPS of the party was pretty darn borderline, (No offense.)

I kept wanting to quit so they could bring in a proper DPS in my place, instead I just ended up being the last man standing, over and overand over. XD

Ultrabum

what are your thoughts on impulse drive?

It is useful in some very very rare situations. Almost never bosses, which is what people care about the most.

I pretty much only use it if all my dots are up already, and/or if its OK that I drop stacks (useually when a mob is at like 15% hp and its the last in a group).

It costs too much tp to use a lot. It also doesn't refresh stacks, so you can't use it more than twice per 3 skill combo. Also, most of the time when you are using a non-combo skill, you want it to be fracture or touch of death.

gatti-man

Joined a neogaf Titan group, but was stuck Dpsing as a War. This wouldn't have been an issue, except that the DPS of the party was pretty darn borderline, (No offense.)

I kept wanting to quit so they could bring in a proper DPS in my place, instead I just ended up being the last man standing, over and overand over. XD

Dps really doesn't matter past heart. If you get past heart you have enough to finish the fight if not well you don't get past heart lol.

Ken

It is useful in some very very rare situations. Almost never bosses, which is what people care about the most.

I pretty much only use it if all my dots are up already, and/or if its OK that I drop stacks (useually when a mob is at like 15% hp and its the last in a group).

It costs too much tp to use a lot. It also doesn't refresh stacks, so you can't use it more than twice per 3 skill combo. Also, most of the time when you are using a non-combo skill, you want it to be fracture or touch of death.

Hm so for cross class:

Fracture
Blood For Blood
Invigorate
?
?

Amon-Lau

Our DPS was way better earlier with having two DPS relic user's, sadly the lack of them lowered the average of the dps... =/

WolvenOne

Dps really doesn't matter past heart. If you get past heart you have enough to finish the fight if not well you don't get past heart lol.

A couple times we got past heart, but it depended entirely on whether the second stoned character was a Healer or a DPS. If it was a healer, we ignored it and were able to juuuust make Heart. If it was a DPS though, we'd almost invariably come up just a little short.

Like I said, it was the borderline. Had I been swapped out for a dedicated DPS with a Garuda or higher weapon, they would've had it easily. Had the DPS's with Ifrit weapons instead had Garuda weapons, they would've had it.

But, we just couldn't regularly get past Heart with that set-up, which meant the times we did get past it we weren't well prepared.

Mandoric

Banned
A couple times we got past heart, but it depended entirely on whether the second stoned character was a Healer or a DPS. If it was a healer, we ignored it and were able to juuuust make Heart. If it was a DPS though, we'd almost invariably come up just a little short.

Like I said, it was the borderline. Had I been swapped out for a dedicated DPS with a Garuda or higher weapon, they would've had it easily. Had the DPS's with Ifrit weapons instead had Garuda weapons, they would've had it.

But, we just couldn't regularly get past Heart with that set-up, which meant the times we did get past it we weren't well prepared.

It also depends on which DPS are carrying and which are being carried. If your damage potential is all on BLMs and SMNs, you can blaze right through the Heart but get overwhelmed by stomps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom