• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Never thought I'd say this but I wish they would re-implement the rule that if you don't get XP from mobs you don't get item drops either. Tired of seeing level 50 farming stuff that I'm actually grinding XP on.
Unless you're in a party it's stupid to solo grind mobs

I'm just... getting bored already. D: I've leveled up the main classes I cared about and got relics/DL for them (WHM, SCH/SMN, PLD, BLM). I do coils T1-4 in one night and then have nothing else to do the rest of the week except farm for myth tomes (Coils gives 150).

As I complained about the other day, I wish I could do Coils more than once per week. Maybe do it on each job (even if I couldn't get loot). There's just not enough end game content right now or it's way too short. I thought Coils would be a lot longer than it ended up being.

Mandoric

Banned
The nodes re-spawn in 1 Eorzean day, you can collect far more ore than tomes. Sure if you don't want to invest the time to get the most out of it, then fine. I can watch TV, camp at the node and just collect the ore when it spawns.

Eorzean days are 70 minutes, speedruns are 10.

The true money in mining/botany isn't finding the spots you can make 10k from per hour, though it's a nice bonus. It's in finding the spots you can make 600 from every 15 seconds.

Sblargh

Banned
Anyone knows how cleric stance and DoT works?

Likie, if I cleric stance, put the DoT, then change back, will the damage not yet done scale back too?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Odin popped on Ultros

Only like 15 of us there at the start, got to maybe 50+ at the end

He wiped us on the 1% move

Holy shit was Odin bugged, my god even with 50+ people, the lag and the fuck-up that occured through the fight were horrible

I took pictures of the chaos, the crazy part was his Gungnir rather then being target as Gungnir for me was "Lush Vegetation" or "Mature Tree"....

How the fuck is that even possible?

I thought Eorzean day = 48 minutes real time?
So 1 hour = 2 minutes passed in real time

Ultrabum

Anyone knows how cleric stance and DoT works?

Likie, if I cleric stance, put the DoT, then change back, will the damage not yet done scale back too?

Dots do all of their damage based on what buffs are active when you apply them.
Cast your dot in cleric stance, then switch out of cleric stance and recast it. It will "have no effect" because the game won't rewrite a dot that is inferior to an existing one.

Alucrid

Banned
Odin popped on Ultros

Only like 15 of us there at the start, got to maybe 50+ at the end

He wiped us on the 1% move

Holy shit was Odin bugged, my god even with 50+ people, the lag and the fuck-up that occured through the fight were horrible

I took pictures of the chaos, the crazy part was his Gungnir rather then being target as Gungnir for me was "Lush Vegetation" or "Mature Tree"....

How the fuck is that even possible?

I thought Eorzean day = 48 minutes real time?
So 1 hour = 2 minutes passed in real time

PS3

dcye

I'm still very new to AK but my stupidity still pisses me off sometimes.
When the PT has a LB available for the left bee during Demon Wall everything goes smooth.
This changes when I join a group in progress without a LB at our disposal.
Dodging the DW's purple goo and avoiding the fly AOEs is enough of a distraction to completely let me forget about Repel. :(
I hope a little more practive does the trick but it still pisses me off. I'm better than that. I know it!

I'm pretty new to AK as well and I'm finding it extremely tough with the Australilag. I can dodge the walls attacks fine but the bee aoe gets me every time. I need to get my relic so I can dispatch the bee with one hit I think. For now I'll stick to WP.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Haha, yeah. I would probably avoid Odin and Behemoth like the plague if I was playing on my PS3.

I remember the game adjusting character details in cutscenes in the beta. Was weird to see your character details at times, and at others have your character be a smooth blob of skin.

Ultrabum

Haha, yeah. I would probably avoid Odin and Behemoth like the plague if I was playing on my PS3.

I remember the game adjusting character details in cutscenes in the beta. Was weird to see your character details at times, and at others have your character be a smooth blob of skin.

I think he meant that coding around the ps3 has screwed everyone, ps3 + pc, on being able to see Odin, ect.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm pretty new to AK as well and I'm finding it extremely tough with the Australilag. I can dodge the walls attacks fine but the bee aoe gets me every time. I need to get my relic so I can dispatch the bee with one hit I think. For now I'll stick to WP.

If you are thinking a relic will let you kill the bee in a single limit break, you are wrong.

Limit break damage is calculated by adding the entire party's stats together in some crazy formula. While getting a relic would help, it probably won't make a big difference unless your whole team gets better gear.

Also, remember to not waste cooldowns on limit breaks. DPS limit breaks should be used by the weakest DPS once all his cooldowns are expired if you are aiming for maximum team damage.

orion434

The true money in mining/botany isn't finding the spots you can make 10k from per hour, though it's a nice bonus. It's in finding the spots you can make 600 from every 15 seconds.

That's the thing though... you don't spend the whole hour collecting, it's just 1 node. If you want the best Gil per constant farming, you do Crystals, but they fluctuate in value too much.

I really don't know why I'm defending myself, you do whatever you feel like doing.

When the FC bids on housing property, I hope it Gil-based. On Ultros I'll donate a million Gil.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That's the thing though... you don't spend the whole hour collecting, it's just 1 node. If you want the best Gil per constant farming, you do Crystals, but they fluctuate in value too much.

I really don't know why I'm defending myself, you do whatever you feel like doing.

When the FC bids on housing property, I hope it Gil-based. On Ultros I'll donate a million Gil.

The house itself is confirmed to be gil based (was 850k for a small) according to the video Square showed of them buying one. The land is assumed to be gil based, but nobody is 100% sure on that yet.

All we know is the land can be auctioned player-to-player while the house cannot.

studyguy

The house itself is confirmed to be gil based (was 850k for a small) according to the video Square showed of them buying one. The land is assumed to be gil based, but nobody is 100% sure on that yet.

All we know is the land can be auctioned player-to-player while the house cannot.

It sounds like it works exactly like DQX, where the initial sale of land itself goes for astronomical sums and drops over time (real time) till someone bids on it and gets it. Then the whole process starts over for the next plot of land.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It sounds like it works exactly like DQX, where the initial sale of land itself goes for astronomical sums and drops over time (real time) till someone bids on it and gets it. Then the whole process starts over for the next plot of land.

They did say something about somebody may bid on the land before you if you wait too long for it to become cheaper.

This is probably the system they will use.

pitbull

Banned

They said this, prices will drop if noone has bid, also once a section is either close to full or full another section will open with more plots so we wont ever be without big ol super houses or lil bitty shacks.

KeRaSh

Wait, how is a WP speed run supposed to make me money? The money drops on mobs is around how much it costs to repair gear and the Lv 50 weapon crafting parts have gotten mighty cheap from what I've heard.

studyguy

They said this, prices will drop if noone has bid, also once a section is either close to full or full another section will open with more plots so we wont ever be without big ol super houses or lil bitty shacks.

Which again is exactly what they did for DQX.
Though rather than the 30 or so plots, they only had like 5-7 per instance (I forget). But much in the same fashion, the guys who are ready to dole out the big bucks get the choice of prime real estate before the rest ever even have a chance. On the upside, more than likely if you wait a few weeks you'll be able to get small plots for cheap (relatively since they have price floors... least there they did iirc.)

pitbull

Banned
Wait, how is a WP speed run supposed to make me money? The money drops on mobs is around how much it costs to repair gear and the Lv 50 weapon crafting parts have gotten mighty cheap from what I've heard.

phil items, and its around 3k a run from mobs

if you're paying 3k for repairs you're doing it way wrong....even more than 150g repair something isn't right

Mandoric

Banned

The 125-Philo mats are going for 25-30k on Ultros. Run five times over one or two hours -> buy four Potash -> cash out for 100k.

Aeana

Yeah, the auction system is just like DQ10. It works... sorta. You have to be really patient to get the best out of it. It sucks a ton for anybody who really needs a house right away.

Shouta

what are your thoughts on impulse drive?

Impulse Drive is a good post-combo filler, if your DOTs are up. High damage from behind makes it the equivalent of Snap Punch damage-wise.

Do you wait to use dots until after greased lightning 3?

I typically use them after the first rotation myself so Dragon Kick -> Twin Dragons -> Demolish -> Touch of Death -> Dragon Kick -> Twin Dragons -> Snap punch -> Fracture

Then I continue from there. You get the most out of it with GL3 up but it's not like it's going to be worse than other options if your GL3 is not there yet. Animation on ToD is a little long but I think you can cut it short with Steel Peak or Howling Fist.

studyguy

The 125-Philo mats are going for 25-30k on Ultros. Run five times over one or two hours -> buy four Potash -> cash out for 100k.

All those mats are starting to crash in terms of prices on my server.
Seeing them as low as 20k now from 50 last week. Get it while it's good if that's your bag

Alucrid

Banned
ULTROS GAF

Looking for one Bard to join a static Coil group that has cleared Turn 4.

• No Experience Needed
  • Want to learn some fun, new fights
  • Some Darklight would be nice
  • Can help with Titan HM if still needed
  • If you have the skills we can help with the gear
  • Raiding time is tentatively 5 PM EST, it is flexible though

Come join us in WP speed run and show us your stuff. We replicate the method in this video here, so watch it and know what the bard does.

Feel free to contact Yennaiv Alexi in game or Khatoz on NeoGAF. Alternatively you can contact me here or in game, Veronique Branquinho.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah, the auction system is just like DQ10. It works... sorta. You have to be really patient to get the best out of it. It sucks a ton for anybody who really needs a house right away.

Good thing housing isn't a need in FFXIV.

WolvenOne

Okay, I'm at work right now, but I'm trying to plan out my Relic+1 purchases for the next few weeks. Does anyone know I can find a chart detailing the prices in Tomes?

Also, going to try Titan HM tonight. Hopefully I can get a group mostly comprised of people that have beaten him before. I mean, sure, I know we want to get as many people past that quest, as quickly as possible, but there are so many "Check's," in that fight it isn't funny.

I mean, first there's surviving the AoE, which is a, "Knows how to play," check. Then there's Killing Heart, which is a DPS check, then there's keeping the Tank alive after Heart, which is both a Heal check and an HP check for the Tank.

With all those check, I'd think getting 2-3 Relic-Quest players through at a time would be pretty good. Though you could probably get more if they were geared well enough.

pitbull

Banned
ULTROS GAF

Looking for one Bard to join a static Coil group that has cleared Turn 4.

• No Experience Needed
  • Want to learn some fun, new fights
  • Some Darklight would be nice
  • Can help with Titan HM if still needed
  • If you have the skills we can help with the gear
  • Raiding time is tentatively 5 PM EST, it is flexible though

Come join us in WP speed run and show us your stuff. We replicate the method in this video here, so watch it and know what the bard does.

Feel free to contact Yennaiv Alexi in game or Khatoz on NeoGAF. Alternatively you can contact me here or in game, Veronique Branquinho.

what about me? i hate my group! ones always talkin about how he wishes we are pokemans, another has written a book about how war's need buffs

Mandoric

Banned
All those mats are starting to crash in terms of prices on my server.
Seeing them as low as 20k now from 50 last week. Get it while it's good if that's your bag

If you're on a destination server, I expect them to recover a bit. The recent glut seems to mainly be transfers laundering more gil in than S-E will let them carry over. For me on Sarg supplies hit their peak around Thursday and, while the market hasn't recovered completely yet, it's back up to 50kish from a floor of 35-40.

studyguy

Okay, I'm at work right now, but I'm trying to plan out my Relic+1 purchases for the next few weeks. Does anyone know I can find a chart detailing the prices in Tomes?

Also, going to try Titan HM tonight. Hopefully I can get a group mostly comprised of people that have beaten him before. I mean, sure, I know we want to get as many people past that quest, as quickly as possible, but there are so many "Check's," in that fight it isn't funny.

I mean, first there's surviving the AoE, which is a, "Knows how to play," check. Then there's Killing Heart, which is a DPS check, then there's keeping the Tank alive after Heart, which is both a Heal check and an HP check for the Tank.

With all those check, I'd think getting 2-3 Relic-Quest players through at a time would be pretty good. Though you could probably get more if they were geared well enough.

Tank Check for Endgame after Titan is basically:
DO YOU HAVE 60%-80% DARKLIGHT?
DO YOU HAVE A BASIC RELIC SWORD AND SHIELD?

Congrats, you can make it to Twintania.
Tank checks are a joke. If you meet the ACC check, you're basically good to go.

LaneDS

I'm just... getting bored already. D: I've leveled up the main classes I cared about and got relics/DL for them (WHM, SCH/SMN, PLD, BLM). I do coils T1-4 in one night and then have nothing else to do the rest of the week except farm for myth tomes (Coils gives 150).

As I complained about the other day, I wish I could do Coils more than once per week. Maybe do it on each job (even if I couldn't get loot). There's just not enough end game content right now or it's way too short. I thought Coils would be a lot longer than it ended up being.

That's basically me right now. No desire to earn money because there's no real use for it now and the allure of future things like housing doesn't really change my tune. I'm as geared as I can possibly be and just do Turns 1 - 4, cap myth, and wait for next week. It's unfortunate. Will keep doing that until Square gives something else compelling to do but I'm not terribly hopeful.

WolvenOne

Tank Check for Endgame after Titan is basically:
DO YOU HAVE 70%-80%+ DARKLIGHT?
DO YOU HAVE A BASIC RELIC SWORD AND SHIELD?

Congrats, you can make it to Twintania.
Tank checks are a joke. If you meet the ACC check, you're basically good to go.

Yeah, fairly certain I'm not the bottleneck on Titan. Though I'm a War, not a PLD, so despite the huge HP pool it's a bit harder on Healers.

studyguy

Yeah, fairly certain I'm not the bottleneck on Titan. Though I'm a War, not a PLD, so despite the huge HP pool it's a bit harder on Healers.

One of our PLD did Titan in nearly full AF the first time with some AK gear, no darklight.
The cap is stupidly low for Tanks, if you can hold hate and you have competent healers, you're fine.

WolvenOne

One of our PLD did Titan in nearly full AF the first time with some AK gear, no darklight.
The cap is stupidly low for Tanks, if you can hold hate and you have competent healers, you're fine.

I would just assume not lay the blame on the healers. XD

Still, I'm hopeful tonight will be the night. I don't think I'm going to be able to move on to other things until I beat Titan.

So I had a weird experience last night. I joined a PUG Garuda group as a scholar. It was clear the tanks and the whm all knew each other, and everyone seemed familiar with the fight. Anyway, we clear it without anyone dying, everything seemed good when the off tank said "scholar, were you even healing?"

I was confused, so I asked what he meant and he said some people in the group said I wasn't healing very much. I felt like I was healing as much as was necessary, so I'm not sure if this was because he was the off tank and I didn't have to heal him as much, or if their whm was simply telling them she carried the group.

I prefer to use adloquium first because of the shield and higher effective heal, and phsyick only if the shield is up - is this not the preferred way to do it? Can I safely ignore this comment since the fight went well, or do I need to reevaluate my strategies and technique?

Aeana

So I had a weird experience last night. I joined a PUG Garuda group as a scholar. It was clear the tanks and the whm all knew each other, and everyone seemed familiar with the fight. Anyway, we clear it without anyone dying, everything seemed good when the off tank said "scholar, were you even healing?"

I was confused, so I asked what he meant and he said some people in the group said I wasn't healing very much. I felt like I was healing as much as was necessary, so I'm not sure if this was because he was the off tank and I didn't have to heal him as much, or if their whm was simply telling them she carried the group.

I prefer to use adloquium first because of the shield and higher effective heal, and phsyick only if the shield is up - is this not the preferred way to do it? Can I safely ignore this comment since the fight went well, or do I need to reevaluate my strategies and technique?
Ignore them. A good portion of a scholar's healing is preventative, and they don't seem to be aware of that.

Ignore them. A good portion of a scholar's healing is preventative, and they don't seem to be aware of that.

That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure I wasn't just ignoring the comment out of hand in the event I wasn't doing something correctly. Thanks.

if you ctrl+f the target it keeps their health bar and stuff up on your screen at all times (unless they do something that makes them disappear off the map which gets rid of the focus target which is stupid design tbh)

This drives me crazy when I'm trying to single-tank Garuda HM and when I switch to the Red add I can't see when Garuda is doing Slipstream anymore and when she teleports her Focus Target window disappears. UI mods for this game can't come soon enough.

studyguy

Should have told them to fuck off.
SCH mitigation is a godsend in later instances, WHM are the curebombers, not SCH.

Victrix

*beard*
Anyone acting salty after a successful run is just being an asshole, unless you did something like join a group advertised as a speedrun without knowing the run - which you didn't in this case, so yeah, whiny babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom