• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

Happy Coil night to everyone that also got some loot.

17286b444efe327650466acb52b7ced3da3b47ad.png
6f6a4291853f228bbe77d4071beccfd8c96f7309.png

If I don't get the body next week, SMN AF+1 body will be.

Zaptruder

Banned
There's nothing broken about it. It's healing HP, healing HP causes enmity.

What's broken is that healing HP should only create enmity on the mobs damage that it heals... or at the very least when it actually heals something (as opposed to most instances of pull aggro from regen where it's ticking against a full health bar).

dark_chris

I remember once on my first ever run in AK, I was scolded bad cause my party didnt tell me how to run that dungeon. They told me i was so ill equiped as a tank (i only had AF armor). It affected me in a way in which i refused to do AK until I had a bunch of DL accessories.

Then it got funny when I ran AK in DL gear and said ive never done it passed the first boss and i got hilarious reactions.. :p

Aeana

What's broken is that healing HP should only create enmity on the mobs damage that it heals... or at the very least when it actually heals something (as opposed to most instances of pull aggro from regen where it's ticking against a full health bar).

I don't agree with that. Overhealing should cause enmity so that people don't just spam heals forever.

Yes that is true, but most coil parties want 2 bards lol

For Turns 1 and 2 only to Silence the ADS without making the PLD or MNK do it. There are many parties which run 1 BRD for ADS + use the PLD/MNK for the other Silence.

For Turn 4 I don't know of any parties which still run 2 BRD, the DPS race is very strict.

Zaptruder

Banned
I don't agree with that. Overhealing should cause enmity so that people don't just spam heals forever.

Well I can't agree with that - you shouldn't need to click off regen to ensure that the healer doesn't pull hate on vicinity aggro.

It's a QoL issue.

Ultrabum

For Turns 1 and 2 only to Silence the ADS without making the PLD or MNK do it. There are many parties which run 1 BRD for ADS + use the PLD/MNK for the other Silence.

For Turn 4 I don't know of any parties which still run 2 BRD, the DPS race is very strict.

I'm just mad because I've been trying to get into a static coil group with my 2 friends, a PLD and a drg (I am a monk). And they all are like, we can't have more than 2 melee, and we already have 1 melee, so no go. Its just annoying that mechanics like allagan rot are designed to screw melee, and what advantage does melee get? Maybe slightly more dps on some fights. Its just kinda silly.

Moaradin

Finally got my +1 and finished Darklight gear. I noticed this gear has a shit ton of accuracy though. I think I'm way above cap, even for Coil turn 4 stuff. I definitely need some allagan pieces but as a monk, I don't think I'm gonna get into any coil groups anytime soon.

supergiz

Ummm raises hand. Our coil group does it. Just beat it too

Alucrid

Banned

We beat Turn 4 with 2 Bard, Drg, Smn. Enrage didn't even happen until the final Dread was at 20% last week.

lupin23rd

It's weird, I'm a bard and I've seen surprisingly few bards in the instanced dungeons I've done, although to be fair I've only gotten up to just before Operation Archon in the story and haven't done any of the late-game optional dungeons or (obviously) any of the end game yet.

Dunlop

Downloading the game now...holy mother of gawd is that storefront a steaming pile of sh!t

Is there cross server play in this game? Buddy of mine was talking about it and I have no clue where he is

If not, anyone have a suggestion?

thx!

atmusfear

Downloading the game now...holy mother of gawd is that storefront a steaming pile of sh!t

Is there cross server play in this game? Buddy of mine was talking about it and I have no clue where he is

If not, anyone have a suggestion?

thx!

The dungeons are cross server, but I don't think its possible to set one up with a friend unless you're extremely lucky.

Getting conflicting information.

I have AF, A Darklight Belt, and Ifrit's Claws.

Can I do AK now, or do I need to do something else first?

AK can be done with AF gear, its not too hard with a group that knows what to do.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

lol bad bards, we do it flawlessly

Victrix

*beard*
No, you shouldn't. But that's the healer's responsibility as part of playing their class well.

You have no control over whether or not the tank cancels Regen before a pull, and that's a really obscure edge case.

Very good tanks know they can cancel buffs, and know why they should cancel Regen before a pull, but it's a hassle to cancel buffs on a controller, and it's downright bizarre that in this one exception they should be dispelling a beneficial buff before a pull so that the healer doesn't grab aggro at the start of a pull, which causes all kinds of positional and threat problems.

Enmity is already enough of a confusing mechanic for new players, having Regen causing aggro problems on pulls is an annoyance for tanks and healers that could be fixed with some system tinkering (lightning quiz: what are the three highest enmity gaining single press buttons for Paladins and Warriors? there's no in-game tooltip answer for this question!)

Aeana

You have no control over whether or not the tank cancels Regen before a pull, and that's a really obscure edge case.

Very good tanks know they can cancel buffs, and know why they should cancel Regen before a pull, but it's a hassle to cancel buffs on a controller, and it's downright bizarre that in this one exception they should be dispelling a beneficial buff before a pull so that the healer doesn't grab aggro at the start of a pull, which causes all kinds of positional and threat problems.

Enmity is already enough of a confusing mechanic for new players, having Regen causing aggro problems on pulls is an annoyance for tanks and healers that could be fixed with some system tinkering (lightning quiz: what are the three highest enmity gaining single press buttons for Paladins and Warriors? there's no in-game tooltip answer for this question!)

You keep talking about tanks canceling buffs. They don't have to do that. They shouldn't. That's not their job. A healer has total control over when they cast regen, though. I main WHM. I'm perfectly capable of not putting regen on the tank before a pull. It's part of my job.

Victrix

*beard*
You keep talking about tanks canceling buffs. They don't have to do that. They shouldn't. That's not their job. A healer has total control over when they cast regen, though. I main WHM. I'm perfectly capable of not putting regen on the tank before a pull. It's part of my job.

And if the mobs die faster than you expect or the tank pulls a second pack as the last mob is dying or if an add joins the fight? These aren't uncommon situations, I often have leftover Regen timer at the end of a pull with very skilled WHM healers in the party.

If the healer is spamming Medica II, yes, they richly deserve all the aggro they get, but if the healer is intelligently capping the tank with Stoneskin and using Regen, they do not deserve to eat initial aggro on a fresh pull because the tank didn't cancel Regen, that's a pain for the tank and the healer.

On a similar note, I'm frustrated with WHMs who don't use SS/Regen, and sometimes I wonder if they don't use Regen because the game (and/or angry DF tanks) have given them enough negative feedback to make them gunshy about using it regularly.

Yondy604

Banned
Well, That was one of the best Coil turns my group has ever done.

Turn 1 - Killed 1st try
Turn 2 - Killed 1st try
Turn 3 - Ran in like 8 min :p
Turn 4 - Killed in 2nd try,

Total time for the raid?, 1 hour and 12 minutes.

I got two pieces drop for myself, and I am officially 3 Pieces away from having FULL i90 Gear.

Pants / Necklace/ and another ring.

Zaptruder

Banned
Well, That was one of the best Coil turns my group has ever done.

Turn 1 - Killed 1st try
Turn 2 - Killed 1st try
Turn 3 - Ran in like 8 min :p
Turn 4 - Killed in 2nd try,

Total time for the raid?, 1 hour and 12 minutes.

I got two pieces drop for myself, and I am officially 3 Pieces away from having FULL i90 Gear.

Pants / Necklace/ and another ring.

/Jelly

Aeana

Any healers on Ultros who aren't in a Coil group, want to be, are decently geared (mostly darklight, regular relic is ok), and are free on weekends? Send me or Unknown Soldier a PM.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

We run 2 bards and don't have to pop any potions or limits for the dreadnaughts. We DPS perfectly fine with 2 PLD, 2 BRD, DRG, BLM, WHM , and SCH.

2 bards is nice for kiting the final spinner rook.

dcye

GAF if I transfer to Ultros will I be able to get into the FC? Phoenix has no one on it and my FC, as much as I like the 13 of them, sucks for endgame stuff. I need to get my relic but I need Chimera and those parties are impossible to find and I'm not paying some selfish assholes 30k to do it

Hey sorry to ask here can't use google on my phone right now but when the ps4 version launches will I be able to play with pc players on it? or is it unknown/not gonna happen.

KeRaSh

Hey sorry to ask here can't use google on my phone right now but when the ps4 version launches will I be able to play with pc players on it? or is it unknown/not gonna happen.

The game is completely cross-platform compatible. PC players will play with PS3 and PS4 players.

/edit: Beaten like Jesse Pinkman...

RMT were quiet on my server last week. now i get 3 tells per hour from different goldahblah accounts, with slight name variations. what did they steal this time? game keys?

the materia market is crazy lately. some materia goes for 12-13k here. 12 hours later the market gets spammed for 2-3k a piece.

savage aim III was 65k for a few hours. half a day later down to 25k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom