• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrSuLeTzU

Coil Group of Tears beat Turn 1. :)

3f6c2f5b6e0b2b5c9cd29fdf4a9bb43a16bb70fd.png
005ce8b65c58f8a8c502bd88d07a511458065418.png

Yes we did! And turn 2,3 and 4 are going down today :p Wait, that's the gear darkness got, hmmm...

GorillaJu

Has there been any kind of info on how AF2 will be obtained? Perhaps BC turns 1-5 turned into a farmable dungeon with a new tome stone?

orion434

Is there any benefit to obtaining an using the blue equipment from Achievements? They have the same attributes as the equipment from the lv 50 class-quests.

Alex

I appreciate the threat system in this game, I like that it's sensitive and requires more thought whereas it's been largely fading away in the genre lately. It also really highlights good tanks from bad tanks.

However, I do agree that it's a bit of a bummer with regen though on speed run/farmed content Honestly, considering things, it might just be a nice idea to adjust some values slightly upwards on other WHM spells and make regen threat-free just for simple QoL issues, especially considering the faults of the interface and cross platform play. Having to simply not cast the spell, when it lasts 21 seconds, the primary stumbling point is fast paced content and we're talkin' about a cornerstone of your repertoire is kind of silly.

Really, it's not some big deal or anything, but again, that's why it's called quality of life. Of course, I also want them to fix their oddball netcode from eating my cooldowns and change the camera to properly clip walls, so I got a lot to wait for, here.

Dunlop

Any way to get an invite to the Gaf guild on Ultros?

Kanuck Tidecaller (assuming it is by character name)

Noob conjuerer

If I am reading your summary correctly, you were only healing the offtank, and I assume some random heals to people who took damage from friction ? If so, that's probably why they were upset.

On garuda, the offtank is only actually offtanking when the clones are up - you should spend 90% of the fight healing the main tank and everyone else.

I just saw this, but it was the exact opposite - I spent most of my time healing the main tank and hardly ever healed the offtank, except when he took damage when the clones spawned.

On another note - if I have 3191 HP before food and full party vit boost, is that enough to start trying Titan HM as a scholar? In a light party with food I'm just under 3500 HP.

The sarg gaf group will be doing some runs on Thursday and I'd like to be able to join if possible.

kaioshade

Props to Endless-Bravado for hooking me up with an Alchemists coat.

Boo on Square-Enix for botching world transfer, so coat is stuck on another server.

aceface

For people asking to join the Ultros GAF FC, the best thing to do is to send a tell to one of the officers ingame. Try sending a tell to Maple Cookie, Strawberry Shortcake, or Safflower Amariyo.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
maybe for bragging. or future updates. it's just an item for the dedicated. the fishing one is pretty brutal.

That one is insane lol

They should have at least halved or 25% the requirement, I mean... Jesus!
7,320 fishing strikes per region...
Let's not forget Coerthas + Mor Dohna (is there fishing there?) that don't even count, but are needed to level up

jiien

There's a lot of different brown dyes but does anyone ever use them?

I find it hard to believe anyone uses any dyes at all. It was cool back around level 20ish or so, but you burn through gear super fast while leveling, there are no vanity slots, and you can't dye endgame gear. Why even bother :(

I find it hard to believe anyone uses any dyes at all. It was cool back around level 20ish or so, but you burn through gear super fast while leveling, there are no vanity slots, and you can't dye endgame gear. Why even bother :(

Craft/Gathering AF

Edit- And ilvl70 crafted gear.

frequency

I dye DoL and DoH equipment.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There's a lot of different brown dyes but does anyone ever use them?

Some are bought due to the color, brown doesn't stand out, looks dull, not many people go after it

Lots of people use them to stand out

Shit getting my Goldsmith to 35, gave me option to get some nice colors

I mean most of the rare colors go for 1k+ a pot, 5 pieces, so 5K, not a huge investment, but sometimes you want to reset and that 5K is gone in a flash

Thank fuck I have 50 mining, I went back to the old areas where all the pigments are, and got 99 of each color
Now I can make the special dyes for when I feel like changing up my gear

My miner went from the green to Dalmud Red color
My Botanist is rocking the Honey Yellow at the moment

Snow White and Soot Black stand out too
Hell if you get level 50 (ilvl70) crafted gear, you really want to use a color to stand out

Edit: So beaten

Every 5 levels I change colors to what I like while I'm leveling up Botanist
Same will go Fisherman
Hell my 25 MAR @ the moment is rocking Soot Black from Head to Toe, tried Snow White, it was a little to light for my eyes, maybe when I get the Heavy Iron/Steel gear I'll pull that on it

studyguy

Ran Turn 1-3.
That's two times now that no tank items have dropped.
Such shit luck. On the upside, our healers and DPS are getting more items.

Hopefully T4 will get us something today.

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
finally got my botanist to level 50 over the weeked, my miner is at 30, my goldsmith 26 and my carpenter at 31. others are leveled up too just not as much.

one thing i will say is that i actually had to go and farm some wind shards. those get burned through like crazy as a goldsmith + carpenter.

also i'll probably get my relic +1 weapon today if i can run enough dungeons. everyone always says to get the relic +1 before any other myth tome armor, but when i look at how much better the wyrm breeches are than my darklight and the boost it gives to my strength and other stats, it seems like it would be better. am i wrong?

teiresias

Is anyone on the Ultros FC interested in helping me run Stone Vigil tonight so I can keep going on the story? I've been out of game for a few days just busy with other things.

I'm a PLD, btw.

orion434

Crafters need to stand-out, Jade has every piece of equipment dyed Hunter Green... matches her hair, I have it set to not show head-gear. I spent too much time in the character creator!

Dunlop

I'm at lvl 9 and am blocked from doing my last quest (Central Shroud), is his because I need to grind to 10 to open new quests?

edit: nvm, another exit let me goto central shroud

Princepeach

Neo Member
I really don't mind the crossover at all (I liked FFXIII!), but what does annoy me is that I already know those weapons will be basically pointless at any level.

It'd be really nice if they were like, decently useful level 20 weapons or something like that, instead the more likely scenario of being level 50 with crappy stats. That WAR axe looks pretty cool.

Aeana

Super excited about being surrounded by Snows. I hope it changes their voice to Troy Baker's when they're wearing that outfit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I wonder if this likely when 2.1 is coming...?

The NPC and Quest data were in the last update. They just have to flip the switch on their end to release the madness.

I wish they would bring back meaningful FF characters more than shove this Lightning person down everybody's throat multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom