• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 7 days got my ALC and CUL to 50, now working on CRP

LdTzF6T.jpg

On the pics, Baramoth and Mahou

ZetaEpyon

Yesssss, AV done with minutes to spare before maintenance!

It really is no wonder nobody does that dungeon, what a pain in the butt.

GorillaJu

I'm curious what else could be done that would make it fun for people to re-roll a melee DPS (if you're already a DRG or MNK) or a ranged DPS (if you're already a BRD). They'd have to really modify the roles of the jobs and give them something unique besides just a veneer of different armor and looks with the same basic responsibility.

Them adding a Berserker or Ninja to me doesn't seem like it'd be worthwhile unless they did made Ninjas a 50/50 range/melee (since Ninjas are "throw" users in FF with elemental scrolls and such) class that requires a lot of lateral and vertical movement to make it different enough from Monk and Dragoon.

Ken

I'm curious what else could be done that would make it fun for people to re-roll a melee DPS (if you're already a DRG or MNK) or a ranged DPS (if you're already a BRD). They'd have to really modify the roles of the jobs and give them something unique besides just a veneer of different armor and looks with the same basic responsibility.

For one stop making everything DOT dependent.

When I'm playing my DRG, it's "keep up HT, Phlebotomize, and Chaos Thrust."
When I'm playing my MNK, it's "keep up TS, TOD, Demolish, Fracture and Greased Lightning."

Finished the last Gladiator quest, the level 30 one, in the chain at exactly 11:01 PM PST.

Damn, the ending for this quest line is awesome. It's by far the best of the early class quest chains I've done so far.

Zaptruder

Banned
WTB: Tears.

2% wipe on Titan, with not enough time to retry due to server maintenance. And it was my fault. Was so busy dodging and DPSing that I didn't notice healer mana - didn't cast ballad.

The only consolation is that ruru bow looks better than relic bow.

/wrist

GorillaJu

When I'm playing my MNK, it's "keep up TS, TOD, Demolish, Fracture and Greased Lightning."

Keep up your DOT or keep up your buff or just put everything on variable cool down lengths it's all the same. Every class requires some kind of dimension aside from just mashing the buttons. BRD has two dots and Straight Shot that must be kept up at all times. What makes you think Berserker or Ninja will be different?

Paprikka

You have done great on our runs Aeana, just need to practice more so you can have the confidence of spamming holy while only letting me die on the last few seconds the pack is alive just like Mira.... I hate him so much D:

Letting the tank die in the last few seconds is too much fun not to do it.

Just kidding Illya, I
probably
wont do it again.

Ken

Every class requires some kind of dimension aside from just mashing the buttons.

Beats me. The GCD system doesn't really allow much flexibility does it? You always want something going off on GCD and something going off in between GCDs and those are always going to be your priority skills.

Dunno what Zerker and Ninjas are like since I never played XI.

Actually, something I don't like is that the skills and abilities that define the class tend to either feel annoying (GL) or are too situational to use all the time (jumps and dives).

WolvenOne

Do you realize what this means? I finally beat that no good mother hubbing R$#@%$# windsocking %$#$%$% %^#@ pudding brained %$#@ %$#@ Titan HM!!!

Thanks to the Gaffer's that helped my through the fight too, I really couldn't have done it without you.

...You know what else this means?! My long national pugging nightmare is finally over! :D

Amon-Lau

Do you realize what this means? I finally beat that no good mother hubbing R$#@%$# windsocking %$#$%$% %^#@ pudding brained %$#@ %$#@ Titan HM!!!

Thanks to the Gaffer's that helped my through the fight too, I really couldn't have done it without you.

...You know what else this means?! My long national pugging nightmare is finally over! :D
congrats dude~ :eek:
I still need to my run with him for my WHM, perhaps during the weekend~ :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
neverrrrr

Don't dis Miner yo'

That's my livelihood

Make a nice chunk of gil off it still, switched to Botany and leveling it up, almost 50% done with achievements to get Gold Axe

Will have both Shiny Gold Pick-Axe & Axe, then it's onwards toward Gold Fishing Rod... FML >_<

Got my MRD to 30, LNC to 25, will take both to 50
I'm enjoying dual swapping classes
Every 5 levels I swap
So now LNC to 30, than I'll grab both WAR & DRG soul crystals

Repeat process for 17 MNK & 15 ARC till 30
Then again for 15 WHM & 9 ACN

Hopefully by thanksgiving I should have them all 40+, want to get Armed to the Teeth cheev

Got to Turn 4, learned the mechanics for 2 hours, crazy fucking gauntlet that shit is
Made progress to last wave, just need to refine last part and we should be golden

Crafting on the other hand is giving me headaches, I still have no clue how to use CP wisely
Most the time I burn it on quality o I can get a nice chunk of xp to level up craft
Someone said to me best way to craft is level every craft 5 levels, get all to 10, then 15, then 20, etc.
Use leves when you just want to push 2-3 crafts a little ahead or when materials look unreasonably pricey

One thing to my benefit is, I love mining, enjoying botany, so I can almost go farm the necessary items I need to level my crafts
I have spent 0 gil so far on crystals or mats through market board
Self-sufficiency, Hooray!

How do you know you have farmed the ever living shit out of that Librarian that is Garuda (Books, Books Everywhere!)...
That you have the whole Garuda Weapon Set (^_^)

I might go back and try to grab the whole Ifrit set (only have PLD/BLM, need the rest), then somehow work on Titan set (only have BLM)

For some reason I think those weapons will come into play somehow for relic+ upgrade down the line

Isaccard

The last week or so of event offline has nearly completely drained my desire to continue playing this game...

Will probably put in a LoA in the guild site soon.

GraveRobberX

spike flail not beating turn4? that's a surprise

Well we are Group 4

Group 1, 2, 3 are in Turn 5 every week

There were a few raiders that were left out due to slots filled up, so Group 4 was always a mix and match of a few SF and different left over people that shouted in MD
Never had a week with same crew before I joined
Luckily now that is changing, last 2 weeks we have had a core and pieces are fitting in together, we should be reaching Turn 5 soon enough

GraveRobberX

you're relentless. i'm happy if i can get the culinarian pan one day, as i quite enjoy all the cooking. fishing is cool too, but i will not target it.

In my mind, every swing = Cha-Ching!, the "You obtain nothing" = my mortal enemy

That's how I have learned to cope with the mundane process

Doesn't hurt there are ridiculous amount of money making stuff while leveling up botany... Who Knew?

Also it's awesome to level up Botany like 1-2 zone away from Eastern Thanalan, unless I need to La Noscea
Just as 9AM Eorzean time hits, I'm @ Gold Ore mining, thank fuck GP doesn't reset when you switch
Then I switch and go back to Botany

Hell I sold 300 Gold Ores to a GAF crafter @ a nice f'n discount, almost 35% off, netted me a nice chunk of gil, for maybe not even 1 day of stockpiling
I have like an absurd amount I just gather, then I wait for market to shift, when it's good to my liking , SELL!

Now I have roughly 15 items I can rotate in and out and make decent gil at a smooth pace
My retainers never had nothing to sell
I still have thousands of shards, crystals and hundred of clusters to offload, but I have too many items that sell beforehand

While I was leveling Botany, Logs/Certain Food Ingredients, Certain flowers if you really invest a few hours make you decent to good amount of gil

I can't wait till I hit 50 on Botany
Gonna be fucking awesome setting up my 1 hour node rotation for both
The overlap is gonna make me a fucking fortune, I already have planned some of my route
Only enemy is Time or a disconnect from the game lol

I'm like 250K from 2,000,000 gil, so roughly I'm making 1mil gil a month, which to me is A-OK by my standards

adixon

I know that feeling. Congrats!

If they made a class like that it would instantly go to the most played class. Not many people actually like managing dots and buffs, but wit the system they have now with everyone's "resource" being the same, there isn't much else they can do to make classes play slightly different.

dcye

Can't wait for them to bring in the Leviathan expansion pack so I can rock a Corsair again :D (wishful thinking of course buy its a match made in heavennnnnnnn -_-)

ThinFinn

Ahhh. How I missed being in a GAF guild where everyone's so inviting and helpful!

Wasn't used to the unnecessary drama which ensued when people in my current FC started acting out on each other.

Too bad latency issues prohibits me from transferring to Ultros, else I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Mupod

I want to fight Titan for real someday.

For now I guess I need to put a ragtag coil group together since it looks like there's waiting lists for waiting lists to get into the existing ones as a tank.

KeRaSh

Got some time on my hands tonight so I'll try and get the Hydra fight done.
I probably won't find a group and end up leveling Botanist some more, which I don't mind.

orion434

Animal Fat on Ultros has really dropped in price lately, 25K on the Market Board and it's not even the weekend... and from Gridinia, so no taxes! Almost enough to make another Gryphonskin Tunic!

I think I over-done it with HQ Rose Gold Nuggets / HQ Darksteel Nuggets, they sell for barely 500 Gil MOAR than the standard quality now, might just hold onto them until the weekend, very tough undercutting... every 1/2 hour. Once I sell out I could make maybe 18 - 27 per day from the ores I gather.

Going to jump back into the story soon, I am definitely over-leveled, next quest is lv 25 and my Archer is lv 32.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I think im done with the game soon, 7 Duty finde rparties for garuda hard, they wipe once, leave.

7x 20+ minutes of waiting.

Amdapor keep: 3x 40+ mins of waiting, 1 drops out and search starts all over.

60% of my playtime has become staring at a duty finder screen.

and i cant move from ragnarok to ultros cause ragnarok is legacy, so tired of this bs.

You'll really want enough HP to eat a bomb and survive in P5.

Which is how much, do you know?

It's doable even at 3190 without food or non-healer equip if you can avoid every single hit in the last phase, I know I did. Just remember to dispel yourself from the ailment that comes after being freed from the gaeol ASAP, should it target you just before the terrible final stomps.

Ok thanks. I guess it will depend upon if the group wants to take me since I'm right on the edge!

Got to the final boss with a friend the other day and couldn't finish it because we couldn't take down the adds fast enough with 2x SMN. The rest of the run was cake, too.

are you on Sarg? If so I think that was the run I tried to heal for you guys. It was frustrating because everything was fine but those adds at the end were killer.

I still think if the tank would have held her in place where they spawned it would have been better, but still. Super frustrating run despite us doing everything we could.

Edit: apologies for double post.

frequency

I think a lot of people really liked the drk style from 11 and a lot of people from 11 are playing this.

I think it would be less people pissed off if they went some type of 2 hander than if they went 1h'er.

The nostalgia is a big factor no matter which direction yoshi would like to do. It'll be interesting if they disregard 11 players for a theme though.

But a lot of people liked a lot of the jobs from FFXI. And like none of the FFXIV jobs are the same as their FFXI counterparts.

I would find it more weird if FFXIV DRK was the same as FFXI DRK considering how different everything else is.

They have already disregarded FFXI players in much of this design.

Just started using DF to practice him yesterday, and me and a few friends are already comfortable enough with his patterns. Hoping to find enough skilled players to down him this weekend. :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally learned materia melding right before the maintenance last night. So psyched. Really starting to get into crafting and gathering, and surprisingly enough it's been primarily through weaving and botany.

Maybe someday I'll get back to saving Eorzea. Right now my MNK is parked at level 44 right before story Garuda.

BLCKATK

It's fun reading about so many people going into coil and making progress.

This week has been sucking for my group. The summoner in our static has been extremely busy and he'll say he can make it for a few hours and then he'll say he can't make it at the last minute. And since we don't have a rep we're just sitting around every night not doing coil. :(

Well, at least I'm 200 tomes away from my 4th relic (Gae Bolg). Don't have too much interest in any others right now, so I think this is a good place to stop and focus on DoH/DoL.

pitbull

Banned
But a lot of people liked a lot of the jobs from FFXI. And like none of the FFXIV jobs are the same as their FFXI counterparts.

I would find it more weird if FFXIV DRK was the same as FFXI DRK considering how different everything else is.

They have already disregarded FFXI players in much of this design.

True, now that i think about it, drg's with no drg's, smns being popcorn protectors.....I don't have much hope then

Aeana

It's fun reading about so many people going into coil and making progress.

This week has been sucking for my group. The summoner in our static has been extremely busy and he'll say he can make it for a few hours and then he'll say he can't make it at the last minute. And since we don't have a rep we're just sitting around every night not doing coil. :(

Well, at least I'm 200 tomes away from my 4th relic (Gae Bolg). Don't have too much interest in any others right now, so I think this is a good place to stop and focus on DoH/DoL.
It really stinks when scheduling doesn't line up. That's why I feel super bad that my scheduling changes pretty much preclude me from going with my group, so I've had to bow out. I've been trying to find a replacement for myself at least, though.

BLCKATK

It really stinks when scheduling doesn't line up. That's why I feel super bad that my scheduling changes pretty much preclude me from going with my group, so I've had to bow out. I've been trying to find a replacement for myself at least, though.

Yeah if our SMN had put in the effort to find a sub for the week we would have been fine. Hell, if he has just told us he wouldn't be able to make it this week so we could try to find a trusted rep, it would have been fine! Unfortunately he lead us to believe he'd be here but everyday he kept saying "I'll be there tomorrow for sure!" Now at least we definitely know he's just not gonna show up, heh.

ZetaEpyon

are you on Sarg? If so I think that was the run I tried to heal for you guys. It was frustrating because everything was fine but those adds at the end were killer.

I still think if the tank would have held her in place where they spawned it would have been better, but still. Super frustrating run despite us doing everything we could.

Edit: apologies for double post.

Yeah, I'm Talym Shurifon on Sarg. Was definitely frustrating, and through no real fault of the party members, which is the worst part!

pitbull

Banned

dont feel bad, at least we have a reason to hate you now instead of doing it just to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom