• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Twisters mechanic has been found out. They just not telling, but I think there is some real legitimacy on this. Stay tuned

Pretty sure twister mechanics were already known for a while.
We've had people get to 10% long before this two week downtime, they've just been undergeared since Twintania apparently splits at lower levels and starts to rape hard.

Yondy604

Banned
We've had people get to 10% long before this two week downtime, they've just been undergeared since Twintania apparently splits at lower levels and starts to rape hard.

Many of those attempts seemed random, The way they dodged the twisters was just through quick rezzing and burning.

studyguy

Many of those attempts seemed random, The way they dodged the twisters was just through quick rezzing and burning.

I heard it was jus shit luck on death sentences since that apparently keeps going. I'm not entirely sure, just been trying to stack up all the info I could find, but a lot of it seems reliable as far as gauging what happens up to the 25% health mark. Below things get really sketchy from what I've read. I've heard Twin apparently gets a haste of sorts at 25% and it starts to split into two targets at 10% and the attack it doles out then has another mechanic.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Christ! A Twintania split?!?!

I found this on the interwebs, but take it with a grain of salt:
Scourges have some voodoo-istic qualities when you kill them together; you have to kill the adds at the same time with them being the furthest possible distance away from each other (which actually isn't really that far, but just to be safe) this seems to increase the cast time of a special skill later in the fight.
soaking fireballs and giving Twintania stacks of waxen flesh during P2 increases the damage ceiling, size and knockback effects of individual twisters. the less stacks of waxen flesh Twintania recieves, twisters will no longer instagib and instead, deal real damage without the deathly knockbacks and knockups.
the Hygeia's damage debuff can be applied to Twintania to burn through P4 (twisters) as soon as possible as the positioning to safely dodge twisters is so wonky as to not get knocked into a wall or in front of Twintania, especially with a Dreadknight on the prowl. Asclepius doesn't seem to alter any mechanics.
at 25% Twintania loses her Slow debuff as the final chain breaks from her. at 10% Twintania splits into two and begins casting Mind Blast which will also instagib unless it's 3 targets, who are marked, are standing in their own Neurolink. This will never be cast on a tank. the placement of the third Neurolink is as important as the first two as this phase is also a DPS race as she counts down to Giga Flare, which seems to have a timer of 2 minutes when all Scourges are killed at the same time, far apart and 25-35 seconds without. Death Sentence is great fun on two tanks at the same time :/
good luck!

Aeana

Bah. I was looking forward to leveling BTN off of flax, and I apparently shot right past it. I'm level 35 BTN now.
Still going to gather a ton of it because I need it for weaver. Oh well.

Bah. I was looking forward to leveling BTN off of flax, and I apparently shot right past it. I'm level 35 BTN now.
Still going to gather a ton of it because I need it for weaver. Oh well.

beats farming leves or spideys for that web to make dew thread at least.

Mandoric

Banned
beats farming leves or spideys for that web to make dew thread at least.

Until you come to the absolute terror that is fleece.

I've done three levels on flax, enough to starve CRP of oak, but I still need a couple more stacks to get weaving to 40 off nothing but thread/cloth and then 50 off the smock and deerstalker leves.

Alucrid

Banned
ULTROS GAF

Looking for one Ranged DPSto join a static Coil group that has cleared Turn 4 and is working on Turn 5.

• No Experience Needed
  • Want to learn some fun, new fights
  • Some Darklight would be nice
  • Can help with Titan HM if still needed
  • If you have the skills we can help with the gear
  • Raiding time is tentatively 8 PM EST, it is flexible though

Feel free to contact Yennaiv Alexi or Ragnar Eyrimurlsyn in game or Khatoz on NeoGAF.

Twisters mechanic has been found out. They just not telling, but I think there is some real legitimacy on this. Stay tuned

Welp. Time to expose twister secrets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PS3

mr.rager

Anyone planning on doing some titan runs anytime soon? I need to kill him to get my relic :s in-game name is Gackt Camui, send me a tell if you're interested. I'm on Ultros btw.

Totakeke

I gain about 5 levels a day from 20-40 just grinding fates about 4-5 hours a day. It's painfully boring but bearable if you can do something else at the same time.

WolvenOne

So, I'm going to try out Coil sometime in the next few days. Trying to replace the last of my AK gear with Darklight right at the moment, not sure that's entirely necessary, but oh well.

is there anything unique about Coil that I should know about? I mean, I know it's an eight person dungeon, and DF doesn't work on it, (thank goodness,) but is there anything else I need to know?

Also, finally picked up my finished Bravura tonight. Relic power, GO!!

Also also, got some additional instruction for speed running AK and WP. WP I can easily see myself speed running a lot in the future, since it's rather fun there. AK, not so much. The way AK is set up, you've got to die a LOT to speed run it, and it doesn't look like you'd save all that much time.

With WP, it's possible not to wipe while speed running, and that actually makes it more enjoyable. Getting through a WP speed run without wiping, is in and of itself a legitimate accomplishment.

Qvoth

i got this error
"Unable to complete version check.
[30605][20448][10009][10019]"

been quite some time since i had this error, anybody else having this right now?

Ken

jTOTLecpL5kVk.png

dead game rip in peace

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
jTOTLecpL5kVk.png

dead game rip in peace

It's, 8AM EST, I think most are @ work/still sleeping

I just woke up to do a 12 hour marathon of Botany (I literally made myself fall asleep last night to flip my sleeping schedule, just to go harvest, so unhealthy... But DAT Shiny Gold Axe calls me!)

Seriously, I'm going to kill myself at this rate

It's, 8AM EST, I think most are @ work/still sleeping

I just woke up to do a 12 hour marathon of Botany (I literally made myself fall asleep last night to flip my sleeping schedule, just to go harvest, so unhealthy... But DAT Shiny Gold Axe calls me!)

Seriously, I'm going to kill myself at this rate

You have the almighty ambrosia of life at your side, Crunch and Munch. You'll be fine.

Just beat the game last night and now time to run WP and AK. My question is

1. Is GC weapon enough to run WP or should I get Ifrit weapon first?
2. Since WP now drops ToM, is there any reason to farm AK anymore?

AK has gear that is an upgrade over your AF.

You can run WP with a GC weapon.

GC is good enough for WP. Eventually you'll want to get the base relic weapon for your relic reborn quest, which is also ilvl55.

AK is great to do for the ilvl60 gear when building your tomes for DL. Plus it's good practice for dodging AOE moves from the bosses.

KeRaSh

Will run a few more Garuda HMs in about half an hour. Maybe I even get lucky and beat it with a DF group. After that it's just a long hard grind for more DL gear so I can attempt Titan HM.

Well, to be fair, it's the one fight, not a game wide problem. They still need to get it fixed of course. I am curious though what makes this fight so unique, as to cause these problems.

idk... if this is the only endgame you have so far you better make sure it doesn't get cheesed. otherwise you have people saying there's nothing else to do gg square

It's a pretty hilarious situation though. I can understand the problems because I don't believe there were any on death mechanics like this is any other fight.. but hopefully they'll learn from this and release CT without anything gamebreaking like that

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1. GC weapon is good enough, but do some Ifrits just for fun and try to get your weapon
It still gives you 4 myth tomes, so do 5 = 20 myth
Don't run WP for gear, don't think you'll be doing 9-10 minutes or even 15 minute runs either, unless you're carried with 3 relic users decked the fuck out

2. Yes it''s good to still do AK
You'll get an extra 10 Myth, on top of that, the gear there helps you gain substantial + stats until you get Dark Light pieces
So it nice upgrade from AF for most classes
Your extra ring is in AK even after you get DL unless you get it crafted/bought

Mix and match, you can do 2 WP's & 1 AK or 2 AK's
Welcome to the start of end game, enjoy going through those 2 dungeons for the next few months

Item Box

Also, finally picked up my finished Bravura tonight. Relic power, GO!!
Nice to see you finally got your relic, grats!
With WP, it's possible not to wipe while speed running, and that actually makes it more enjoyable. Getting through a WP speed run without wiping, is in and of itself a legitimate accomplishment.
WP is definitely more fun but I'll probably go back to ak as wp is starting to get filled with tryhards who rage if the run is >15 mins. I'd rather not deal with the unnecessary pressure
I just love the SE apologists in that thread...
Guess that explains why issacard hasn't posted here in quite some time

Not sure if this is the appropriate venue for this. But what the heck...

My FC "Triumph" [Sargatanas] is looking for active players interested in end game content. Freshly leveled 50 will be assisted in gearing up for Titan hardmode ,BC, and beyond.

Positive, non-elitist, no drama attitude is our motto. We will be rolling out content like videos, art, and short web comics featuring active players in the FC illustrated by yours truly. Anyone under 18 will be vetted to assure maturity.

If you're interested in joining, and being a part of something special learn more by checking out our website *edit<site is down, will be back up shortly>.

Contact Aviny Zee, May Aden, Takahiro Eij, or Visarius Veratus in game for any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom