• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The fight always feels like such a clusterfuck, I just don't really care about anything but seeing the next story beat.

I seriously think Turn 5 has confused the dev team too

Seriously for Yoshi to brag that he only sees roughly 100-150 people defeating it.... that alone should send up red flags, that the dev team just doesn't want it to be conquered

If CT and it's gear somehow makes Turn 5 tolerable, it would be such a huge slap on the end game raiders working their ass off

studyguy

I seriously think Turn 5 has confused the dev team too

Seriously for Yoshi to brag that he only sees roughly 100-150 people defeating it.... that alone should send up red flags, that the dev team just doesn't want it to be conquered

If CT and it's gear somehow makes Turn 5 tolerable, it would be such a huge slap on the end game raiders working their ass off

By the time CT rolls around, a lot of us will have pretty much capped out i90 gear between allagan and myth. I don't see the need for CT gear unless they expect Twin to go unbeaten till 2.2. Unless CT gear has some special quality that makes Twin not absolute demolish you, then I can't imagine it going any better.

The instance itself is just tough and even small things like a second of lag can be the difference between dodging something and a wipe. Shit's painful.

Dunan

I'm at level 31 and am still learning the ropes. Are all the dungeons introduced to you through the story, or will we ever be able to just walk up to one and jump in with the Duty Finder?

Also, what do you need to do to make use of Materia? I did a quest for someone up in Thanalan and supposedly have access to Materia, but I don't know how to affix Materia to gear. Do you need to be an Armorer or Goldsmith or something? My only non-combat class is Weaver.

I'm at level 31 and am still learning the ropes. Are all the dungeons introduced to you through the story, or will we ever be able to just walk up to one and jump in with the Duty Finder?

Also, what do you need to do to make use of Materia? I did a quest for someone up in Thanalan and supposedly have access to Materia, but I don't know how to affix Materia to gear. Do you need to be an Armorer or Goldsmith or something? My only non-combat class is Weaver.

There are a handful of dungeons available outside the story. You receive access to them by doing side quests. Here's a link to dungeon's if you don't want to find them on your own:
And in order to affix materia to gear you need to have the DoH class that is able to make that gear, or you can request another player to do it for you.

daebo

Yeah, you'll only be able to afix materia up to your current weaver level and only to weaver gear. Blacksmith can afix to swords/weps and so forth...

GraveRobberX

Most dungeons are introduced through the Main Storyline, some aren't, they are unlocked as side-quest dungeons that are optional like Cutter's or Temple
Still need DF or create group and use DF to enter the instance

Materia is made through spirtbonding
All the gear you wear increases in % in spirit with how much XP you earn
Once it's 100%, and you aren't using the gear anymore, an option will appear to "Convert", only gear that say Convertible can be made into materia, most of the time green and blue gear can't, pink gear can be converted

Once you convert you will get a materia, most are set up to the class you were using the gear with
So if you played GLD, you will get STR, VIT, Parry materia most of the time
The higher level gear you wear and convert the better number materia you get
I think:
1-30 is Materia I
31-41 is Materia II
41-50 is Materia III
50+ is Materia IV (I think level 70 gear does this, not sure)

You can get trolled and be given an elemental materia, which really at the moment isn't worth it, due to resistance + of said elemental is really not super beneficial

You need a level 20 DOH class (any crafting class) and a 20 DOL (any gathering class)
You can then mend materia to your gear

So I'm a level 50 miner and 39 Goldsmither, I can now equip materia that GS has rights to, mostly jewelry
I've mended some materia to my gear to just give it a lil boost, sometime that Vit+1 on 2 brass rings helps out on solo play

To affix materia you need carbonized matter of same grade
So if Materia 1, Grade 1 Carbonized matter, repeat for the other Materia levels

DarkKyo

Just got my first relic after beating Titan for the first time! Did it with 3-4 pieces of Darklight gear, the Garuda staff(BLM) and a pick-up group. Titan is not nearly as hard as people rave about. I can't imagine ever having to pay for it anyways...

D1Jkpqc.jpg

aceface

There are a handful of dungeons available outside the story. You receive access to them by doing side quests. Here's a link to dungeon's if you don't want to find them on your own:
And in order to affix materia to gear you need to have the DoH class that is able to make that gear, or you can request another player to do it for you.

Man I'm level 28 and completely missed Halatali. Guess that's what I get for powering through story missions only.

pitbull

Banned
Just got my first relic after beating Titan for the first time! Did it with 3-4 pieces of Darklight gear, the Garuda staff(BLM) and a pick-up group. Titan is not nearly as hard as people rave about. I can't imagine ever having to pay for it anyways...

D1Jkpqc.jpg

welcome to a month a ago

grats but it was VERY hard in random pugs

So. Cutter's Cry. The first skill-wall dungeon? That first boss seems to do quite a bit or weeding. I've (DPS) been trying to get through it the past couple days. Tank or healer drop every time after multi. attempts and failure.

Dunan

Yeah, you'll only be able to afix materia up to your current weaver level and only to weaver gear. Blacksmith can afix to swords/weps and so forth...

You need a level 20 DOH class (any crafting class) and a 20 DOL (any gathering class)
You can then mend materia to your gear

Ah ha, so I'm not really even close to being able to do anything with materia. I'm a L18 weaver and that's it. (My alt is a L5-or-so Miner. Wasn't having much fun with these classes, TBH.)

Man I'm level 28 and completely missed Halatali. Guess that's what I get for powering through story missions only.

If you've joined the Hall of Flames, you haven't lost much by waiting, because two of the monsters in their hunting log are seen only (I think) in Halatali: the Doctore and one of the flame sprite-like things. I did Halatali before joining them and then went back just today and filled in those two spots.

GraveRobberX

Seems more like everyone caught up with gear as PUGs so the barrier dropped that much more. Glad to hear PUGs in general are passing Titan through DF though.

I really think it's just people going for their second or third relic now, so Titan is now considered passable

I mean all those tries of reaching the heart phase and learning the pattern gets into your head

When PUG's know to move off weight of land before it's cast, yep goof group

desu

Huh? The fight is super simpel, a fixed rotation of skills with set patterns. Laughable easy to be honest (still the most fun fight in the game for me).

What makes this fight hard is people having no clue about the fight, dying in phase 1-3 already. People that show up in i45 gear, having no clue how to play their class etc.

Also, depending on where you are from, I noticed that there are quite a few Europeans having latency issues. Try playing this game with horrible lag and it makes this fight considerably harder.

Tried helping out some people the last 2 days, but the instance has been super laggy for me for the first time. It's fun when plumes appear under you and go off instantly :D.

desu

Most geared tank? Where would you see that. The score is calculated based on all the classes of your character and the achievements you got with all of them.

Gratz Dark but remember to still feel bad at least a few more days for those alagan earrings u poached off poor Grimm :p Also it seems I'm at number 19, wow those alagan boots I got yesterday sure give a decent boost xD

I do feel bad. It's okay. We're going to be running this shit every week anyway.

studyguy

We've had really bad luck with tank loot.

We've gotten 0 drops in almost 3 weeks for tanks.
Banking on Allagan drops is terrible while making your build.
At this point I need to wait for allagan feet to drop.

It's funny how Mira and Vero were strategizing around the sleep strategy last night and then that bug thread popped up.

Also that "bug" has existed long before this bug thread. I don't know if it is a bug or not.

We've gotten 0 drops in almost 3 weeks for tanks.
Banking on Allagan drops is terrible while making your build.
At this point I need to wait for allagan feet to drop.

Also that "bug" has existed long before this bug thread. I don't know if it is a bug or not.

I have 3 tank drops in the 2 weeks I've run coil. Raging Cyclone got one too. I got shield, chest and earrings.

Aeana

Well, it seems a little bit outrageous whether it's a bug or not. The whole conflagrate thing is crazy, as are all of the things people have cooked up to get around it. It'll be interesting to see what people finally settle on once it's beaten.

Aeana

Meh, not by much on my server. Still the inevitable 1-2 DPS who die in P5 and get carried trough all the last phase.
Well, some people usually die in the groups I help with, but I consider it a win if we, well, win.
It's because of stuff like that that I found out I could solo heal the fight, though, and I've done that a couple of times now. Pretty fun.

studyguy

Well, it seems a little bit outrageous whether it's a bug or not. The whole conflagrate thing is crazy, as are all of the things people have cooked up to get around it. It'll be interesting to see what people finally settle on once it's beaten.

If they end up coming back with WORKING AS INTENDED, I'm going to laugh since it holds serious repercussions for the rest of the fight.

DarkKyo

Huh? The fight is super simpel, a fixed rotation of skills with set patterns. Laughable easy to be honest (still the most fun fight in the game for me).

What makes this fight hard is people having no clue about the fight, dying in phase 1-3 already. People that show up in i45 gear, having no clue how to play their class etc.

Also, depending on where you are from, I noticed that there are quite a few Europeans having latency issues. Try playing this game with horrible lag and it makes this fight considerably harder.

Tried helping out some people the last 2 days, but the instance has been super laggy for me for the first time. It's fun when plumes appear under you and go off instantly :D.
Oh so the people who say it's hard just suck? Lol

WolvenOne

welcome to a month a ago

grats but it was VERY hard in random pugs

Even without random pugs, a single player that doesn't have a firm grasp of the mechanics of the fight can totally ruin your chances. Though of course, the better geared the party, the more leeway the group has.

For example, if you have a single healer that doesn't have a firm grasp on the dodge mechanics, the remaining healer either has to solo it, or, spend all their time ressing the other healer.

If it's a DPS that doesn't have the mechanics down, then either the party won't have the damage dealing capacity to get past heart, or, they'll keep the healer scrambling constantly.

and so on, and so forth.

Basically, it's a fight that requires eight players with at least a passing grade, and even without the Duty Finder that can be difficult. Some people try to tackle it with Plain artifact gear. Some may not practice up in the DF first, and of course this is before potential lag enters the picture.

So, no, beating Titan isn't a small deal. Beating him isn't a, "huge," deal either, but I think you can see why some people will struggle for awhile before the right group gets together.

WolvenOne

Heh, nice that they have a fair number of subscribers, (yes I know, these are unique accounts, and not necessarily subscribers, but, I suspect they have a million or so active subs at the moment, and I'm still running into the occasional new player.

Shame the update's been pushed to December, though, hopefully it's the first half of December. It does give me a little more time to catch up with the high tier Gaffers in the FC, but anything more than 1-2 weeks extra time is going to be way more than I'd need.

Hopefully subsequent updates are, a little more timely.

Can definitely attest to DF groups getting better at Titan HM. Did one with a group last night and everyone but the Full AF extra tank was doing great. If he had a bit of DL/AK gear, we would have won. (Got Titan to P5 and made it to the circle bomb boulders).

KeRaSh

So I beat Garuda HM earlier today but unfortunately didn't see a DRG weapon drop. Do people expect me to have my Garuda weapon for Titan HM or can I go with my Ifrit's Harpoon as long as I have enough DL gear?

So I beat Garuda HM earlier today but unfortunately didn't see a DRG weapon drop. Do people expect me to have my Garuda weapon for Titan HM or can I go with my Ifrit's Harpoon as long as I have enough DL gear?

Garuda weps are nice for Titan, but people clear with Ifrit's weapons too. Garuda's not too bad to farm though, since she gives a bit of myth every time (if you're not capped).

WolvenOne

Garuda weapons aren't strictly necessary, but, having a couple Gar or Relics in your party for Titan can help out a ton. Gar isn't too hard to farm though, once you have a good group for it, you can take her down in a couple minutes and just keep going over and over.

WolvenOne

Also, today I think I'm going to head to that little training ground area (Summerford Farm isn't it?) and rework my control scheme. I feel like I've grown a little too dependent on Macro's, which is limiting my flexibility.

I'll probably create some new Macro's for various CD combo's, and set them too my hotbar. However, combat moves however, will probably be taken off Macro's, and kept on my controllers crossbar.

KeRaSh

Garuda weps are nice for Titan, but people clear with Ifrit's weapons too. Garuda's not too bad to farm though, since she gives a bit of myth every time (if you're not capped).

Garuda weapons aren't strictly necessary, but, having a couple Gar or Relics in your party for Titan can help out a ton. Gar isn't too hard to farm though, once you have a good group for it, you can take her down in a couple minutes and just keep going over and over.

Well, she's a bitch to kill through DF but I guess I won't turn down decent shout groups.

WolvenOne

Well, she's a bitch to kill through DF but I guess I won't turn down decent shout groups.

Yeah, there are three pre-requisites for properly taking down Gar quickly.

1: A Tank that knows the proper positions and timings.

2: An Off Tank the knows how to grab the Red Clone, and to pull it's AoE attacks away from the rest of the group.

3: Sufficient DPS to kill Garuda before before the Healers run out of MP.

Finding groups that meet all three pre-requisites isn't, terribly difficult, but just randomly being thrown into such a group isn't, too terribly likely. Still, a couple shout outs should get you most the way there.

studyguy

Yeah, there are three pre-requisites for properly taking down Gar quickly.

1: A Tank that knows the proper positions and timings.

2: An Off Tank the knows how to grab the Red Clone, and to pull it's AoE attacks away from the rest of the group.

3: Sufficient DPS to kill Garuda before before the Healers run out of MP.

Finding groups that meet all three pre-requisites isn't, terribly difficult, but just randomly being thrown into such a group isn't, too terribly likely. Still, a couple shout outs should get you most the way there.

It isn't THAT difficult to find.
Early on I tried getting a Garuda blade for my collection since one never dropped and I didn't bother repeating her much in 1.0. I managed to get myth capped twice before I just gave up on the blade.

All those were mostly PUG groups and they went fine.
Still miffed about the blade.
Praise Tanaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom