• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone here pick up a DS4 yet and tried it on the PC version of FFXIV? I just got one on my way back from work and hooked it up, but all the buttons are switched around.

X inputs as O, Triangle as O, etc.

komaruR

Anyone here pick up a DS4 yet and tried it on the PC version of FFXIV? I just got one on my way back from work and hooked it up, but all the buttons are switched around.

X inputs as O, Triangle as O, etc.

isnt there a button configuration ingame?

Ken

saw lord garuda looking for dps for "free garuda hm win" and i knew parties with lord garuda always makes for good times so i joined it

iVb7gryJQN9Xy.png

jw3GoNZHhz9y8.png

iZoliZw7iHzbr.png

expel

Wow..what an ass that Lord Garuda guy...but maybe, he was just bringing ppl to sacrifice to Garuda...he is Lord Garuda after all, he never intended to kill garuda.
Nvm

Mupod

Productive day, I managed to get my armorer gear in order and I easily made my HQ darksteel flanchard. A little TOO easily...I had 250 CP and 60 durability remaining, without even touching Rumination. The real reason for buffing out my armorer set was to more easily HQ darksteel nuggets, though. Making good money off these, which is good because I still need to buy real materia. Frustrating that you can't slot str or vit into the pants, so I need to figure out what else to use along with +12 parry - I'm thinking dexterity, maybe? I saw some random dude with determination in there.

Also got WP speedruns pretty nicely figured out...we had a run under 13 minutes, and we even messed that one up by dying on the first pull. Did something like 8 in a row which allowed me to get the last piece of Darklight I needed. I still have an ilvl 60 ring, but I'm going to replace that with a crafted one (probably the DPS ring slotted with vitality materia).

And I finally got to try titan, although we didn't get past the heart phase. I still want to beat him and I want it to be a long, drawn-out wipefest. As purgatory for the horrible carrying that happened when I got my relic quest done. So if you need a tank feel free to ask.

I don't expect spots in speedruns. I'm not foolish enough to think people need to carry me through content. It's silly and selfish.

However, it'd be nice for people to be able to get into premade groups without being stigmatized because they don't have the same gear as everyone else who speedran to level 50, which is 95% of the groups in Mor Dhona.

I've got three pieces of darklight and three pieces of AK gear as well as Ifrit's weapon. I was invited to, and then booted from a AK party that was NOT advertised as a speedrun group because my gear wasn't good enough.

Again, not expecting to be carried, but the endgame right now stinks of elitism.

Get in on some gaf runs. Know a few people that just pick the first people that speak up and go as fast or as slow as their gear/skill allows. That isn't to say that there isn't gaf people that will only do 100% speedruns all the time with no lower people, but they normally already know who they are taking so are not the people asking for members in fc chat.

saw lord garuda looking for dps for "free garuda hm win" and i knew parties with lord garuda always makes for good times so i joined it

Should have at least told Corner Pressure to not worry about what the guy says. He's pretty new.

Mandoric

Banned
Yes but then you crossbar is still messed up.

No, not the confirm/cancel swap, the "calibration". It should let you map whatever button "number" you want to wherever on the crossbar you want it; my layout changed between DS3 and DS2 and it was easily fixable there.

Get in on some gaf runs. Know a few people that just pick the first people that speak up and go as fast or as slow as their gear/skill allows. That isn't to say that there isn't gaf people that will only do 100% speedruns all the time with no lower people, but they normally already know who they are taking so are not the people asking for members in fc chat.

I was pleasantly surprised by this. We asked for a tank in FC chat to WP, expecting to go slow as we always had. Qhon offered to go, and I gasped when I saw his gear. He then proceeded to run as fast as he could, pulling 2 to 3 groups of mobs together, which made us realise that he wanted us to AoE.

We had a bit of hiccups, but managed to do our first WP speedrun by chance.

Qvoth

so i've finally reached turn 4, couldn't get pass the 1st dreadnought yet
as a blm, i only aim for the soldiers right? or should i fight the knight after the 1st soldier is dead? goddamn reflect <_<

Caj814

Tip if you're sick of DF pick ups fighting each other or disbanding after a single wipe/mistake.
Don't click [E]

MechaX

Given how Lord Garuda has been on this kind of shit for awhile, he has got to be some kind of joke character. Like, there is no way he's real.
But he probably is, isn't he?

Kenai

Tip if you're sick of DF pick ups fighting each other or disbanding after a single wipe/mistake.
Don't click [E]

DF groups are really weird. Our tank d/ced during Keeper of Halitosis and we still won. As soon as the DRG could he booted tank immediately, then was OH SO BORED that 4 min later I come back to him "soloing" a Tonberry by me. Eos had managed to keep him alive, lucky him since I mentioned I was tabbed out a few while we waited.

Both him and the BRD left like 3 min after that, right as a tank came in actually. Then two DPS replaced them a few min later and they were much, much better than the leavers and it was basically a speedrun from there. I hope they had fun waiting in queue for another hour instead of waiting 10 min for a replacement tank.

KeRaSh

I actually didn't notice there was another gaffer until after the runs started.

Haha, I also didn't realize another GAFfer was in there. That Garuda guy is the biggest douche I have ever encountered. He might be geared to the teeth but I'd rather wipe with a nice group multiple times than win with an ass.
The only reason I put up with such an idiot is because I was hoping to get a weapon drop and because someone actually needed the win.
I'm just glad I didn't say anything stupid in there, haha!

Did three WP runs with other GAFians after that. I'm one run short of my DL body piece.
Opted to level my Botanist then and got that to 16. Gathered some lavender to sell and actually enjoyed it. I think Botany might be my key to money without losing my mind while doing it.

aceface

So I'm going slowly through the game, playing an hour or two a night. I like healing so I picked conjurer.

I'm finding regular progress is so boring. Stone, stone, stone, stone, aero, stone. Even in dungeons it feels like I'm standing there most of the time watching bars and waiting to heal. Occasionally I'll pop off a stone or two in a dungeon but it seems like whenever I do that inevitably the tank gets hit a few times and goes down to 60 hp.

However, healing for boss battles is incredibly fun! Even in the low level dungeons I've been doing like toto rak and halatali it's a rush. It's just these fights are so few and far between. However, I know these types of intense battles ramp up as the game goes on so I'm guessing it will get better. I'm just kind of in a rut right now.

Anyways, I'm just two levels from my fabulous unicorn, so I have to stay the course. Then I'm gonna switch to Arcanist and decide if I want to go with WHM or Scholar. Maybe I'll give up healing altogether and become a summoner instead. Still having fun with the game but it's gonna be next year before I get to level 50, haha.

dcye

Best "character" I've seen in the DF was a DRG named Chuck Norris who refused to dodge AOE because "Chuck Norris doesn't dodge shit". I lolled.

Ultrabum

Best "character" I've seen in the DF was a DRG named Chuck Norris who refused to dodge AOE because "Chuck Norris doesn't dodge shit". I lolled.

There is always a scantily clad female named "Highclass Prestitute" doing poses and other animations in mor on my server lol. That and a lalafel tank named "Godzill Ahhhhh"

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Level 50 Botanist Get!
hfLbNMb.jpg

8nBcEBb.jpg

afinnat.jpg

Moved some stuff around on my PS3 UI, I'm liking this set-up, maybe others can use it if they think it will be helpful
hOyH8Kr.jpg

Also, DAT WHOLE GARUDA WEAPON SET!
bIPcRA1.jpg

"Gotta Collect Them All!"

Gonna start doing an ungodly amount of Ifrits to get weapons, then Titan lol

Am I imagining things or did the most recent big update really help the stability of the PS3 version? Framerate seems a lot better than before. While I can play on PC with very nice settings I think I will do PS3 a lot because the text is way more readable for NPCs and pretty much anything else. I really hope SE adds a text size increaser later for PC because it's damn hard to read even on my large HDTV.

Also, when do you start joining a "Grand Company"? I am LV 22 and haven't touched any of that stuff or even know where to start. I want that legacy Chocobo.

aceface

Am I imagining things or did the most recent big update really help the stability of the PS3 version? Framerate seems a lot better than before. While I can play on PC with very nice settings I think I will do PS3 a lot because the text is way more readable for NPCs and pretty much anything else. I really hope SE adds a text size increaser later for PC because it's damn hard to read even on my large HDTV.

Also, when do you start joining a "Grand Company"? I am LV 22 and haven't touched any of that stuff or even know where to start. I want that legacy Chocobo.

Yeah I also noticed that PS3 performance improved after the update about two weeks ago...the one where PS3 had a 750mb patch but PC had only about 74mb.

GC stuff is part of the story, you can't miss it. It should be coming up right around your level.

Am I imagining things or did the most recent big update really help the stability of the PS3 version? Framerate seems a lot better than before. While I can play on PC with very nice settings I think I will do PS3 a lot because the text is way more readable for NPCs and pretty much anything else. I really hope SE adds a text size increaser later for PC because it's damn hard to read even on my large HDTV..

nah. the game performance is definitely better. i think it slightly looks better as well.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Lame, can't easily use a PS4 controller for this game. The triangle, circle, and X are all mixed up with no way I can find to swap them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom